Tiki's troubles quickly get more twisted

tiki_barber.jpgOn Wednesday, we pointed out that former NFL running back Tiki Barber left his eight-months-pregnant-with-twins wife for a former NBC intern.

The New York Post, which broke the story, has pushed the ball forward with allegations that Barber started the relationship with 23-year-old Traci Lynn Johnson while she was a college student at Mount St. Mary.  The Post quotes unnamed sources who claim that Barber sent Johnson 21-dozen roses on her 21st birthday, and that he gave her a diamond and sapphire bracelet.  A source also tells the Post that Barber once spent the night in Johnson’s dorm room.

The new Post article also cites a source who claims that Johnson once babysat Barber’s kids, and that he helped Johnson get her internship at NBC.

In a separate article, the Post reported that Barber attempted in 2009 to land a position with FOX News Channel’s Fox & Friends.  Per the report, FNC had no interest in hiring Barber, who worked as a contributor to the show from 2005 to 2007 before landing at NBC.  (If only Tiki had gotten the job, he might have been on the set when Ernest Borgnine was giving out the secrets of long life.)

As we mentioned Wednesday, Barber won’t return to NBC’s Football Night in America in 2010.  He remains a contributor to Today.

110 responses to “Tiki's troubles quickly get more twisted

1. Way to go, leave your wife and kids for a quick fling. Tiki….Id like you to meet Tiger Woods and Jesse James. THe small amount of respect I had for Tiki Barber is now GONE.

2. Tiki fumbled again.
    (I didn’t read the comments on the other Tiki one, I am guessing I am like the 300th person to make a fumble reference.)

3. Older dudes are always leaving their wives for younger women. Michael Douglas left his wife of 20-30 years and 4 kids for Catherine Zeta Jones. So…who cares. Happens everyday.

4. I really don’t care about Tiki’s troubles. He left his wife, who is 8 months pregnant, and that is very low.

5. A source also tells the Post that Barber once spent the night in Johnson’s dorm room.
    ————————————————-
    Somewhere Ben Roethlisberger is getting very jealous…

6. why do you keep switching the picture? and why did you settle on the one with Tiki in his underwear? are you trying to tell us something? not that there’s anything wrong with that.

7. god this is soo much worse than what Tiger did! LOL!
    somewhere Eldrick is smiling, and relieved.

8. If you leave a pregnant wife after 8 months, does that mean you only need to pay 8/9 child support?

9. I am so sick of these dirtbags cheating on their wives and people shrugging their shoulders like “hey, everybody does it”.
    No, everybody doesn’t do it. Forget the religous side of it. This is about being a man. A man is only as good as his word. How could you ever trust someone who can’t keep his word to the one person in the world he owes it to more than anyone, the mother of his children?
    As Tony Montana once said- “I only got two things in this world, my balls and my word. And I don’t break neither one for nobody.”

10. “The Post cites a source close to Barber who denies that Barber and Johnson were ever more than friends.”
    ************
    Friends “with benefits” are the very best kind, right Tiki?

11. “dscjmc says:
    April 8, 2010 9:57 AM
    what a complete turd!

Yup, you’d think he played for the Jets instead of the Giants.

12. I think when it comes to the amount of rich/powerful/ famous or any combo of above people who should be married….who really have what it takes as an honorable and trustworthy person to stay faithful…especially men…you could count them on one hand.
    A man’s nature is NOT monogamy. Nothing tests it like having tons of trim at your disposal with little effort and likely little consequence.

13. seems like Tiki fumbled on that one
    i have no problems with banging assistants, strippers and stuff but god dammit his wife is pregnant… classless d’bag

14. Look at it from Tiki’s point of view. Can you imagine the nagging from the wife and mother? Can you imagine the hell of his life? Responsibilities, issues, expectations. Crapola. And in contrast the 21-yr old less-than-smart babe has no complaints, just does her “job.” What a deal.
    Just like Tiger, Tiki made one big mistake in life: getting married.

15. WTF! Nobody wants to see that picture. First your infatuation with the “underwear olympics” and now this. What’s wrong with you Florio?

16. “source also tells the Post that Barber once spent the night in Johnson’s dorm room.”
    Wow! I really find this all hard to believe, he can’t be that stupid… can he?!

17. Too bad Tom Coughlin wasn’t around to teach Tiki how to not fumble his marriage (you have to hold it higher around the shoulder, you see)

18. Can someone PLEASE explain to me why I should care who some washed up mediocre player is doing what with? Is it disgraceful for a man to leave his wife for another woman, especially when she’s pregnant with his twins, sure but its NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!

19. Tiki is the man!
    I dont understand why he just spread seed with the one girl, when their are sooooo many young freaks out there today.
    College girls give it up before they can even be asked to give it up.
    They offer it. They give it up quick.
    Sex and “relations” is as common and frequent with many partners as is going to the market.
    Ask your daughter what the rubberband game is-
    you’ll sh77 yourself.

20. Tiki’s life has gone down hill ever since her retired prematurely. His team won the Superbowl without him and he failed miserably at his TV career. Now he’s hooking up with 23 years olds and dumping his pregnant wife. Nice. After his wife cleans out his finances, this 23 year old will be gone faster than Tiki’s TV career. OOPS!

21. Would it kill you to think of you readers when searching for stock photos FFS!
    Some (most) of us read this in the office. The boss is pissed enough knowing that PFT gets read, but should they walk by and see THAT picture, I dunno what would happen.
    PLease, be considerate.

22. Tiki’s Transgressions………….
    The only thing that matters here is, IF she is hot or not and why the hell you put a picture Tiki and not her there…….
    No one gives a crap what Tiki is doing, they give a crap who Tiki is doing…..
    Post some pics or shut up……….

23. yes, Woods, James and Barber are all jerks, turds and losers. But, Damn we will tune in and support them if they make a comeback – thereby validating the very behavior they portrayed. (aka, woods)
    Way to go America

24. The ‘end times’ of Tiki Barber. Soon he’ll be in rehab getting help for his ‘looking like a douchebag’ addiction.

25. Great point – is this worse than Tiger? I say no, based on the Perkins waitress. For me, that’s a game changer.

26. Ya know, when I saw Tiki in that Escalada commercial, I remember thinking I saw the top of some girl’s head, just for a fleeting moment. Could it a been…………………

27. THAT was NOT the first picture I wanted to see today. Actually, I could have done with never seeing that picture. (ya got me.)
    The thing that really strikes me about it is how he criticized his own dad for cheating and leaving. Scum.

28. Left football early so that he didnt end up crippled, and missed out on a SB ring – FAIL
    Left football so that he could have a career on tv – FAIL
    Left his wife while she was pregnant – FAIL
    Cheated on his wife (and ultimately, his kids) – FAIL
    LMFAO, what a douche. We know which Barber twin was the smart one, despite the fact that Tiki likes to use big words, lol. Rhonde played DB, less wear and tear on the body, longer career, more years of making millions…….(as on example for which one is smarter)

29. How the NYP is beating NBC to stories from within their own house? Shows what kinda hacks these guys really are…..just keep reporting everyone elses stories sans the d-bag twist.

30. My advise for DB26 is to move, get out it won’t affect our lives either. buh bye.
    My other comment is that Tiki would definitely get kicked off America’s Next Top Model with this pic- the legs are okay except the feet are sort of flailing- but the shortened torso and no neck would never ever work.

31. I saw him at the MOUNT…he didnt even try to hide the fact he was scoring this chick….what a douche

32. # DanSnyder says: April 8, 2010 10:18 AM
    Tiki pulled a tiger.
    ————————————
    Nah, more like he pulled a Tom Brady.

33. I’am just glad Tiki never played for the Vikings or the Packers, otherwise we’d all be subjected to the moronic mumblings of those idiots from the upper midwest.

34. Hopefully, soon, my wife can thumb through the print version of PFT while waiting to pay for groceries.
    Way to slowly turn a marginally decent links service into a place where boymen can nurture that angry, bitter, and self righteous middle aged woman that lurks deep in their souls.

35. TOUCHDOWN TIKI! Well I hope his wife has the balls to sue him for everything he has, cause Tigers’ Ex is too much of a pansy to sue Tiger…. one of these celebs need to get wacked by lawyers sooner or later.

36. DB26. first of all, I hope to God you are not married. Second…please catch the next plane to India.

37. Maybe he found out that Eli Manning was the real father of the twins.
    Or maybe he is a poor excuse for a man.

38. This is really tabloid material. “The Post quotes unnamed sources…” You have to love attacks like these based on unnamed sources, very accurate and very classy.
    PFT hates Barber like it hates Favre and Warner, yet it is guys like them that provide so much material for this NFL parasitic site.

39. Athletes live in a world that they feel has no bad consequences for their actions so when are we going to stop acting like Gomer Pyle ” surprise,surprise, surprise” when these guys do this stuff.

40. Well, now we know what Tiki is good at … walking out on important people!!!
    He walked out on the Giants … and now he has walked out on his wife.
    This guy just can’t stay committed to anything.

41. Another “Soft-Spoken” athlete turns out to be a “Player”. Who’s next? NBA’s own king of humbleness: Tim Duncan?
    Tiger, Tiki…Tim…. Stay at home Tim, stay at home. Your next.

42. no one cares. i only clicked on this “article” to say this. i hope your advertisers are happy that they just wasted some of their CPM dollars on this.

43. Tiki Barber’s actual quote as a judge on Iron Chef America:
    “The flavor is very flavorful.”

44. Tiki Barber is the kind of guy I dislike the most. On the outside, he’s fake…always flashing his ridiculous fake white chompers and acting like Mr. Great Next Door Neighbor…until you realize he’s banging every housewife on the block. To leave your wife while she is 8 months pregnant is in-excusable. To go to a college dorm for a slumber party when you are a well known NFL star is utterly ridiculous and makes Big Ben look like a saint…at least he is in a bar…in public.

45. seems like Tiki is very committed………………..to his penis.
    When he realizes he’s near broke, we’ll have to endure all of the comeback talk but just to get ring, not for dollars.
    although he could try male modeling……….

46. Any PFT fans who even commented on this National Enquirer – type trash are complete morons. This has nothing to do with the NFL, and has zero football content. Then again, Florio has close to zero football knowledge so what can be expected from an internet hack who needs to fill blank pages. I lost my respect for NBC due to this collaberation with PFT.

47. # Frank Burns says: April 8, 2010 10:53 AM
    # DanSnyder says: April 8, 2010 10:18 AM
    Tiki pulled a tiger.
    ————————————
    Nah, more like he pulled a Tom Brady.
    ————————————
    But Tiki’s lover is a chick, right?

48. Tiki, by all appearances, is the polar opposite of his twin, Ronde. How’d you like Tiki to be your brother?

49. @FreeAgentPro says: April 8, 2010 12:23 PM
    ——————————————————————
    so this makes you a moron.

50. Tiki is a idiot! his wife and kids will get well taken care of. as the saying goes its cheaper to keep her!!

51. Poor mister FreeAgentPro did the stupidest things posters do, which is declare loudly that folks who post are complete morns. Za Zing, mr. sourpuss.

52. Well to be fair his name is Tiki. His parents never gave him a chance in life with a name like that.

53. What the heck do people get married for? When you have several million dollars in the bank, you can look like Alfred Hitchcock and you suddenly become a 10 to a vast majority of women. (Who knew?)
    Men if you are young and rich DON’T GET MARRIED…period. You only make a lifelong bill that has to be serviced by color of law.

54. Fox and Friends is the number 1 most watched morning news show. I cannot understand why because the people are idiots, as opposed to the rest of the people on there. Tiki would have fit right in.

55. Here is my comment. Here is my conclusion. I am going to tell my two daughters not to ever date any profession sports guys. I am going to tell my son’s future wife, not to ever hire a baby sitter! Although I believe that children have integrity! I believe that my children understand how civilization in the Western World can only continue to exist if we do take care of the wife, the children, and our core values. Maybe TiKi can just take the babysitter to his hut and add her to the others?

56. Didn’t NFL players learn anything from STEVE MCNAIR! Fooling around on the side while still married can never end well. Some of these athletes will never learn.

57. There is not other person in the football universe taht I’ve enjoyed watching fall on his face.
    Hilarious. His ex should take his ass to the cleaners. It’d be great is Ronde wan another ring too.

58. Dorm room? Is he trying to relive college? Think about how ridiculous that seems…he SHOULD have been home taking care/teaching/guiding his sons, not to mention doing his share in raising those kids. Selfish – using his wife to deal with the kids while he’s trying to recapture college. Didn’t he feel foolish being there?

59. Pure narcissist. Classic.
    The photo alone is disgusting and only the clubhouse cancer that he is…would leave a pregnant wife, no matter the attraction.
    I once listened to that horrible satellite radio show with his brother, “The Barber Shop”. This was when Tiki was thinking he was the next Mat Lauer. HORRIRRRRBLE! Such patronizing, self-serving blather.
    As fans we’re often accused of wanting top performers to fail. No truer than here. Tiki’s a phoney, no ring, a big smiling loser. LOSER!

60. Pure narcissist. Classic.

61. Big Stretch says:
    April 8, 2010 12:51 PM
    @FreeAgentPro says: April 8, 2010 12:23 PM
    ——————————————————————
    so this makes you a moron.
    —————————————————————
    No, the idiot implying that Tiki Barber has nothing to do with the NFL makes him a moron

62. Big Stretch says:
    April 8, 2010 12:51 PM
    @FreeAgentPro says: April 8, 2010 12:23 PM
    ——————————————————————
    so this makes you a moron.
    —————————————————————

63. I suppose we’ll now be treated to another slime ball Nike commercial so Tiki can make a buck. Does Tiger get a percentage off any copy cat stuff.

64. @freeagentpro:
    This asshole had a career year, was fired by the team that would win the championship and why he was fired, the reasons he was fired, is part-and-parcel why he would leave his wife is why this os relevant, you moron.
    Do us all a favor and never post again.
    Clean your room, it always makes your mom so happy.

65. Like his father, the one he denounced, Tiki Barber has slipped to the trash level. The shining light is now on his twin brother. I am surprised the twin could not make Tiki wake up and realize to leave his wife, wreck his marriage for a 23-year old tart intern, could be disastrous to his career and Ginny and their two boys and the twins she is carrying deserve better. Tiki is plain old trash. I will not watch anything he is on. I hope he is banned from The Today Show. Show him, and Traci, the door. The viewers are tired of all this infidelity, the affairs, the interns sleeping with their bosses . . . Traci is another Brooke or Stephanie. She will soon become the joke of late night. I bed her father is proud of her now. She is lumped into the group of women that had affairs with Tiger, Jesse James, The NY Guv, etc. etc. etc. Traci’s biography will always list, as will Tiki’s, Traci Johnson was the sl*t or worse of Tiki Barber. I bet Traci will be proud then. Just another home-wrecker and you can be sure her time with Tiki will be limited.

66. @Scoop
    ———————————————-
    Classic, my man. Classic.

67. Have you seen the whore? I don’t know if Tiki’s wife is attractive, I’ll bet she is, but this little blonde whore, skinny, dime-a-dozen whore. Good luck with that, Tiki.
    Ruined image, half your money gone, blonde whore will take half of the half you have left in what, 3 years? I’ll take the under.
    Nice going, you phoney. Phoney smile, phoney demeanor, hated in a clubhouse that kicked you out after a career year and then, oh by the way, won the NFL Championship.
    You too, are a whore, sir.

68. In my book, this episode makes Tiki nothing more than a worthless loser, just like Tiger, Steve Philips, Steve McNair, Mark Sanford, and worthless, cheating, loser I may be forgetting.
    Bill Clinton. John and Ted Kennedy. John Edwards. Gary Hart.

69. I love the part about how they were just “friends”
    Right, I bet they were really “friends” at some point…maybe the first 5 hours

70. Tiki Barber is just another Tiger Woods
    just what is it with these black athletes and golfers who are far from athletes with white women – not showing very much respect for their own kind is it

71. if his wife with twins in the oven has any damn brains she should take him to the cleaners and leave him with nothing but his clothes on his back
    Tiki is a piece of garbage first class, even worst than the Boy – tiger

72. tiki was always a piece of trash. i didnt like him when he was in new york, i hated him shortly on tv after he started talking smack about the giants… this guy has no class. his ex wife oughta be better off without him anyhow. shes gonna get the one thing he was good for: money.

73. just for dan–3 comments up—its ignorance like u seem to specialize in—welcum to the new america of white/black/and all the yumiis in between. lmfao—how much $ do u make? day in and day out? what ticks ur timer that makes u speak on someone else?? makes u simple fake critics even funnier……lmfao——-!!!!

74. and lmfao reading what u took the time to type—dont be sorry nor mad becuz he makes and has more $$ than u cant seem to fathem–just watch and see how those players put the balls where they’re supposed to be and be mad and sad cuz u cant in reality….

75. Irregardless of what tiki has done, its wrong (YES it is)
    But it goes 2 show we as people have nothing better 2 do than 2 follow someone who make mistakes we all do tell 1 person who hasn’t cheated, if u haven’t good 4 u lest b
    honest stop lookin 2 these stars as god as media portrays them 2 b anyone makin a comment tiki shoquld check themselves 1st, let’s stop tearin down each other an let’s build trust in each other cuz soon we will need it wit all the b*llsh*t that’s goin on time will show tiki is the least of our problems as whole….
    P.s. sueing him for child support or alimony isn’t a cure all only bitter ppl go that route true women go to cs for real support an not bcause u wanna play tit for tat cuz ur relationship didn’t work out. But anyways happy hateing an please stop watchin the filth the media puts out an turn off ur tv an see if adhd persist ??? Hmm

76. Irregardless of what tiki has done, its wrong (YES it is)

77. Ben, Tiki, Tiger. Is there no end to this garbage?!?
    I have been married for 29 years and love my wife as much if not more since we first got married. We raised three children who are all doing well right now with their own lives.
    Maybe it was the way I was raised by my parents. I don’t know, but it would be nice once-in-awhile if someone ran a story on a current or former pro athelete who has remained a faithful spouse and a good parent. They are out there in abundance but being good and faithful seems to equate with being boring. And boring doesn’t make news, I guess. Glad I’m boring.

78. Ok lets compare the cheaters shall we:
    Tiger Woods: Married, two beautiful children, the highest paid athlete in history and the only minority to conquer the golfing world. Had affairs with multiple women but still continued to take care of home. Was considered a cheap skape by all acounts of the women he cheated with.
    Ben Rothisberger: Not a cheater as he can’t find a woman to keep him obviously, and by all accounts the only thing a woman would gleen from an encouter with him is a fat lip and some bruises. Just the type of trinkets you can’t wait to show your girl friends.
    Jesse James: Just didn’t realize what he had. Don’t buy the “she was gone filming a lot of the time”. He’s a millionare, could he not have afforded to close his shop or turn it over to his trusted employees to follow his wife. He certainly took his eye off the business while banging all these tricks that look like freaks of some unknown nature.
    Tiki Barber: Married, two beautiful children and two more on the way. Had a modest football career that a lot of youngsters would die for, cheated with a college student and has carried on an affair with her for several years and has now decided to leave his still very pregnant wife for the chicken head who will promptly drop his a$$ like a hot skillett the moment his funds are rewarded to his very deserving wife and kids.
    I cast my vote as follows:
    WINNER: Tiki Barber
    1st runner up: Jesse James
    2nd runner up: Tiger Woods
    3rd runner up: Big Ben Rothisberger

79. Your photo should have been of the ditzy blonde intern in her underwear…
    Lost all respect for titillated tiki.

80. @ David6:
    You are so right about athletes with good morals and social standings not being the news. I commend you on your nearly 30 years of marriage! Continued luck and prosperity to you and your bride in the years to come!