Jason Campbell to sign tender soon

J. Campbell3.jpgSo far, we don’t have a lot of meat to chew on regarding possible Jason Campbell trade destinations.  The process could take a while, but Campbell will hope to speed it up by signing his restricted free agent tender by Monday at the latest, according to the Washington Post.

The Redskins want to trade Campbell, but it won’t be for a first-round pick, which is what he would cost if he signed an offer sheet elsewhere.

The draft sets up as a logical time for Campbell’s market to heat up.  He would be a valuable addition to a few teams out there, so it makes too much sense for a trade not to happen.

Permalink 30 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
30 Responses to “Jason Campbell to sign tender soon”
  1. lurch's nyquil says: Apr 9, 2010 10:56 AM

2. DieHardSkinsFan21 says: Apr 9, 2010 11:00 AM

The guy might be worth a 4th rounder. He takes too long in the pocket, he constantly leaves the ball down causing many fumbles, and extremely inaccurate. That being said he was a class act and I hope he lands some where he can start. I am just glad the Skins are getting rid of him.
    Hail

3. Boofer T Justice says: Apr 9, 2010 11:02 AM

Tender signing? Looks like JC has found his NEW 2010 team.

4. mikeds says: Apr 9, 2010 11:09 AM

if the Bills trade for Campbell instead of drafting Clausen, it will pave the way for yet another decade of futility.
    GO BILLS!!!

5. DM says: Apr 9, 2010 11:10 AM

Welcome to the Buffalo Bills!

6. TheOne says: Apr 9, 2010 11:13 AM

I think he can help out alot of teams, Bills, Browns, Seahawks, Raiders, Rams, even the Jaguars, or Miami (Henne isnt that good), Titans (Young sucks we will all see that this season, they only did good because Chris Johnson), Cardinals (no more Warner) or Vikings (to back up Favre, and when he leaves).

7. barry20fan says: Apr 9, 2010 11:13 AM

Patriots. You heard it here first.

8. RIP__21 says: Apr 9, 2010 11:14 AM

He should head to Oaktown. Yea I know its the black hole, literally, but its either there or Buffalo. Hes got a much better shot to win games vs AFC west defenses than AFC east.
    Go out there for a one year deal, win 7-8 games and he should get multiple offers in the 2011 season. Better than the alternative of getting decaptiated at Buffalo playing against BB and RR.

9. mike_311 says: Apr 9, 2010 11:17 AM

the eagles need a starting caliber qb.

10. Black QB White RB says: Apr 9, 2010 11:23 AM

See ya!!!!!
    Seriously, though,
    It’s a shame a kid with as much class, manners etc. who handles himself really well in front of the camera couldn’t be our guy…..
    I don’t hold out much hope that McNabb will be such an upgrade at this point in his career either, honestly, but that’s why I should be the GM and head Coach, not those know-nothings in DC!!!!!!!!!!!

11. sniperskin says: Apr 9, 2010 11:23 AM

to do make this up.. anyone could say he is going to sign it soon.. need facts!

12. lawnmower says: Apr 9, 2010 11:34 AM

Raiders…

13. fmax4 says: Apr 9, 2010 11:35 AM

Hey Jason, Remain humble and stay ready. #5 is always getting injured.

14. LAEaglefan says: Apr 9, 2010 11:36 AM

You don’t suppose Shanahan would ask him to stick around as McNabb’s backup, do you?

15. Munze Konza says: Apr 9, 2010 11:40 AM

Ohno, according to the article about Holmgren, every coach who has already taken care of their QB position has hurt their team by being impulsive and not waiting for Campbell to become free…
    Still shaking my head about that last article on Holmgren being impulsive.

16. r00tabaga says: Apr 9, 2010 12:13 PM

I hope the Bills stay away from this mess! Besides, we already have a checkdown QB…

17. Dukes says: Apr 9, 2010 12:25 PM

please get rid of this bum and get some kind of draft pick for him immediately

18. Dukes says: Apr 9, 2010 12:27 PM

please get rid of this bum immediately and get some type of draft pick for him

19. ytrain says: Apr 9, 2010 12:42 PM

As a Redskins fan, I am very sad to see Jason Campbell go. He was never really given a chance to succeed.

20. shamemaker says: Apr 9, 2010 12:54 PM

Campbell is a second stringer at best. Good guy, totally unimpressive on the field. If he starts anywhere, expect that team to fail miserably.

21. Raider B says: Apr 9, 2010 12:59 PM

lurch’s nyquil says:
    “We love Jason here in DC and will be sad to see him go. I think he will succeed elsewhere. The guy needs some kind of stability. Please please do not ship him off to Oakland.”
    Yeah cuz the Foreskins are a stable franchise? yeah right, LMFAO!

22. encinitasraider says: Apr 9, 2010 1:08 PM

I love how skin fans dont want him to go to Oaktown..LOl.
    When was the last time the Skins won anything? What was thier record last year?
    If you guys think the RAT and Bruce Allen are going to bring you back then you are insane….Bruce Allen builds teams with old talent and then they blow up only to rebuild for years to come…

23. Boofer T Justice says: Apr 9, 2010 1:20 PM

@ytrain
    You’re ABSOLUTELY right. 52 game starts in the past 4 years is just not enough chances to succeed.

24. CKL says: Apr 9, 2010 1:35 PM

Boofer T Justice says:
    April 9, 2010 1:20 PM
    @ytrain
    ______________________________
    Starts wise he’s had a chance…no doubt. I think what he and others like me who feel the same way thinks is that Campbell has shown flashes of being a good player but the circumstances he has had haven’t been an ideal way to evaluate if he can be a good player (ie lack of offensive stability form a system/OC point of view). That’s all.
    I’m a Pats fan and would love his being a vet backup in NE (not sure HE would love it, he probably wants to go somewhere he could start) but it seems the Pats have eschewed the vet backup with NFL starting experience thing since Vinnie T was on the squad.

25. diesel says: Apr 9, 2010 1:38 PM

As a Skins fan, I feel bad for Campbell, because he’s a class act. He’s not a great QB, but he’s decent – easily better than a lot of other guys around the league that had starting gigs (I’m looking at you, JaMarcus).
    As much as I’d hate to see Campbell have to deal with the mess that is the Raiders, I’d really like to see the Skins package Campbell and Fat Albert to the Raiders for Asomugha and other stuff.
    Oh, and take Okung at #4. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!

26. K-Rock says: Apr 9, 2010 1:40 PM

Would love to see another Gannon scenario out in Oakland. Campbell could be that guy.

27. 1NationRaiderNation says: Apr 9, 2010 1:40 PM

tebow / mc coy in the secound round, or campbell for a 5th round pick….looks like that is going to be the option….if only J Russ…………

28. raiders177 says: Apr 9, 2010 2:08 PM

______________________________________
    Really? You would want the Raiders to add “other stuff” to the deal?

29. MagicMan407 says: Apr 9, 2010 2:33 PM

It’s sad to see him go honestly. I remember in 08 when the Redskins were 6-2 and the Redskins were still using Gibbs offense and slowing switching into Zorns plays. Then the Redskins ended up being 8-8. Campbell is a pocket passer who never gets a stable coaching staff. He has good numbers for a QB that only has 2 full years under center. Compare him with the scrubs out there in FA. If he went to Oakland he could help thier team. If he went to Buffalo he could help thier team. Really any team that needs a young and decent QB that CAN get it done will be happy with him. I see Oakland making a grab for him and he helping them make a turn around. Same goes with the Bills. Any team that gets him should be happy. He is a very coachable QB who has been in a crappy situation in DC. I love my Skins but we treated Campbell like crap.

30. diesel says: Apr 9, 2010 2:51 PM

______________________________________
    Really? You would want the Raiders to add “other stuff” to the deal?
    ~~~~~~~
    I added the “other stuff” since I don’t know enough about all the contracts and everything else that would be involved to know what else exactly the Skins would think they need. I was thinking some combo of picks and cash maybe. I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know all the ins and outs, but I feel like something where these were the biggest pieces could work for both teams. This is probably just wishful thinking because (1) I just don’t like Fat Albert, (2) we need to move Campbell, (3) the Raiders need a QB, (4) I like Asomugha, and (5) DeAngelo Hall couldn’t cover a grape with a bedsheet.
    I actually thought the Skins should’ve gone after Michael Bush from the Raiders before they decided to go with the AARP backfield.