Steelers Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw, who has made a great post-football living as a football analyst and commentator, has offered up some strong analysis and commentary regarding current Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Our relationship is not any good,” Bradshaw said of Roethlisberger, in video available at ESPN.com.  “When I told him to park the motorcycle, he got pissed.  Then he had the accident, and since then he doesn’t like me, and I’m learning not to like him.”

Added Bradshaw, “He has got to realize who he is.  He is an elite athlete in the National Football League.  He’s got an image problem right now.  Best thing to do is never put yourself in that position again.”

Bradshaw’s comments on his personal feelings regarding Roethlisberger aren’t unique.  Several folks in the national media have shared with us details of unpleasant interactions with Roethlisberger.  We realize that there are two sides to every story, but as we told someone regarding Browns coach Eric Mangini during a challenging 2009 season, his friends are silent and his enemies aren’t.

UPDATE:  The full interview deserves a listen, including the part where Bradshaw acknowledges that the only reason women would flock to him and to Roethlisberger is because of their ability to throw a football.  “I’m not that attractive,” Bradshaw said, “and neither is Ben.”

Permalink 139 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
139 Responses to “Bradshaw on Roethlisberger: "He doesn't like me, and I'm learning not to like him"”
  1. CaptainFantastik says: Apr 12, 2010 8:13 PM

Bradshaw is absolutely right.

2. UckTheFeagles says: Apr 12, 2010 8:16 PM

Terry may not be able to spell “cat” if you spot him the “c” and the “a” but he’s a hell of a lot smarter than rapelisburger.

3. ItalianArmyGuy says: Apr 12, 2010 8:16 PM

Great playoff qb. Terrible human being, who has done nothing but profit off his horrible decisions in life for years and years.
    The fact that he doesn’t like Ben has no impact on my thoughts about Ben. Ben will be best off if he keeps his distance from Bradshaw.

4. robert ethan says: Apr 12, 2010 8:17 PM

Ruthless has a face and a personality only his mother could love. But even that’s out for him.

5. phishead says: Apr 12, 2010 8:17 PM

Phishead

6. JoeSixPack says: Apr 12, 2010 8:17 PM

Triple Word Score for working in a Mangini Slam!!!!

7. Bwa Ha Ha says: Apr 12, 2010 8:18 PM

Sadly, Ben seems to be a dumbass. Some people never learn, looks like Ben is that guy.
    TB started out with a shot at being a dumbass, but he righted that, and was a good guy trying to talk to Ben.
    Ben may end up living under a bridge and pawning SB rings to buy charcoal

8. VegasChris says: Apr 12, 2010 8:20 PM

Bradshaw’s dead? Really?

9. pacificamike says: Apr 12, 2010 8:21 PM

i dont get it… whats not to love about big ben?
    the large head, the fit body, the attractive muff of hair on the chin… dude has got it going on. nice fella

10. robert ethan says: Apr 12, 2010 8:21 PM

Funny that Bradshaw should wiegh in on Ruthless, though. Ben always struck me as a big chip off the old blockhead. If Terry was having trouble spelling “cat” given only two letters, Ben might have been the guy to come up with the third. There are only so many possible combinations for 3 letters, and I’m sure that between them they would have eventually perseved. It doesn’t look like that will ever happen now.

11. akatrain says: Apr 12, 2010 8:22 PM

Hey Florio . Get off the Browns already this isnt about them, its about your Pissburgh Squeelers. Why dont you write somemore columns about their hypocrasy in dealing with a franchise QB. Make it about your team and leave the Browns out of it . You may not like Mangini but both the rapist and the potsmoker would be gone by now . See yah Shaun it was nice but they wont put up with it .

12. TheToolofTools says: Apr 12, 2010 8:25 PM

Hey Terry,
    at least he isn’t using illegal steroids like you admitted to.
    he has never had charges filed and you should have gone to jail so shut up.

13. snnyjcbs says: Apr 12, 2010 8:26 PM

“An elite athlete”?, who gives a crap. So he can throw a ball around. The dude is a Pure Punk and scumbag to boot.
    He really has to be a jerk, I mean what dude with that kind of coin cannot get laid without Raping a women. Shit, I cannot shake them with a stick and I am just an average dude. This guy must really be a looser to have to assault little girls just out of High School.
    Good for Bradshaw, any dude to hang with this trash has Punk or Suck Ass written all over him. Hell hanging with the punk will not even help to get you laid unless you want to be part of a gang Rape, the dude is all punk.

14. tv says: Apr 12, 2010 8:26 PM

Terry has a sense of humor and humility. And most of his sense of humor pokes fun at himself. He always has, even in his playing days.
    Ben would be wise to take a lesson from TB and learn some humility!

15. internettoughguy says: Apr 12, 2010 8:27 PM

I thought Bradshaw was dead?

16. BillsFan27 says: Apr 12, 2010 8:27 PM

Amazing how NOBODY has come out and said how great of a guy Big Ben is…
    People in his own city dislike him, the media, even the Steelers’ owners more than likely have lost any respect they had for him – hell, every time he “gives a statement”, he’s by himself… no family or friends or anyone standing there having his back.
    It speaks volumes about the giant POS that he is.

17. Stillerz says: Apr 12, 2010 8:32 PM

No crime against being a jerk… get back on the field and get that Lombardi back from the Nola

18. jamaltimore says: Apr 12, 2010 8:33 PM

Wearing a mullet and raping chicks! What’s to like.
    To the the Steeler Nation: Ask yourself this question. Would you rather have a guy who’s friends protected him in a barfight as your star or a Guy who’s Friends helped him Molest a 20 year old?
    I THOUGHT SO!!!
    Go RAVENS!

19. Mean D says: Apr 12, 2010 8:33 PM

Does anyone like Pig Ben?

20. joetoronto says: Apr 12, 2010 8:34 PM

Bradshaw is 1000% right on the money and anybody who thinks otherwise is delusional.

21. eljay2 says: Apr 12, 2010 8:35 PM

PHISHEAD……………..MIAMI fans are pathetic.
    Marino couldn’t carry Bradshaw’s jock………………………..just a huge pack of cry babies

22. cowboys1 says: Apr 12, 2010 8:35 PM

big ben is an alcoholic and needs help. and anyone on this site that has a daughter has to agree this guy is scum taking advantage of a very drunk 20 year old

23. Deb says: Apr 12, 2010 8:35 PM

I love what Bradshaw did for the Steelers. I hate the blowhard persona he’s created for himself as a broadcaster. And … I’ve heard plenty of stories about his overblown ego, too.
    Terry is not Ben’s father, his coach, or his mentor, and there was no reason for Ben to listen to him about the motorcycle. If he were going to listen to anyone, it should have been Cowher. But riding without a helmet is legal in Pennsylvania, and a lot of people do it no matter how foolish it is. That’s how I rode as a little girl … hanging onto my older cousin, barefoot with the wind in my hair. I still hate helmets. If the Steelers were serious about stopping Ben from riding without on, they should have put it in his contract.
    Now Terry is just piling on. Ben does have issues that need to be resolved. But as ItalianArmyGuy said, Bradshaw has had his own demons. He should stick to the beams in his own eyes.

24. downwithdansnyder says: Apr 12, 2010 8:35 PM

It’s because Ben probably doesn’t have any “real” friends. See Tiger Woods. I think Ben thinks that girl was lucky to “have him” and that she’d be better off for it. He’s just too typical. He needs humbling. And an a$$ kicking.

25. ninerfan says: Apr 12, 2010 8:39 PM

If enough people tell you that you have a tail you should probably turn around and take a look. It could be that your shirt is simply untucked. Maybe you’re dragging a piece of toilet paper on your shoe. It’s time to take a look, monkey boy!

26. DanRooney says: Apr 12, 2010 8:42 PM

Elite? I thought he was a game manager and only won because of the Bus. Right PFT guys?
    lol bunch of morons.

27. BlondBlueDevils says: Apr 12, 2010 8:43 PM

Any woman that would have sex with Big Ben are either drunk, blind or a gold digger.
    Love is not that blind……………
    HA HA HA

28. Klytus says: Apr 12, 2010 8:51 PM

Maybe Ben is at war with himself? He’s learning things the hard way as many of us do. How hard it will be is up to Ben. What do you want? Growing up is tough. I’m still working on it
    GO STEELERS!

29. Buck Stallion says: Apr 12, 2010 8:51 PM

Good point BillsFan27, has anyboe ever said anything good about this guy’s character?
    & I’m not talking about Steelers fans.

30. tomslk says: Apr 12, 2010 8:53 PM

I have an awesome Ben story for you:
    I am delivery driver for a well known company. I am at the stadium one day to deliver a package. I get in the elevator and Ben is already on the lift. I go to push the button for my floor and he comes unglued. ” What do you think you are doing?”, is his question to me. I look at him like are you kidding me. I then tell him I need to go to the 4th level and he tells me not to push the button until he gets off as. He then proceeds to tell me how pushing another button will undo his pressed button and he will miss his floor. He is serious! Some other front office guys in the elevator with him just look down at the floor and shake their head while I stand their in disbelief.

31. East Bay Ray says: Apr 12, 2010 8:54 PM

ItalianArmyGuy says: April 12, 2010 8:16 PM
    “I haven’t liked Bradshaw for a long time. He could have been Ben’s mentor – blaming his domestic abuse and divorces on his alcoholism, and blaming them on various “mental illness of the month” popular psychology reasons for his “victimhood”. ”
    ———————–
    Do you have any sources to cite in claiming Bradshaw engaged in domestic abuse? Yeah, he’s a 3-time divorcee, but how are you accusing him of domestic abuse? And, Bradshaw was diagnosed with depression. That’s a real mental disorder, not a pop psychology “mental illness of the month”. I’m hardly a Bradshaw fan, but your attacks of him here don’t hold any water.

32. This Guy says: Apr 12, 2010 8:55 PM

R.I.P. Bradshaw

33. JP420 says: Apr 12, 2010 8:56 PM

I hear dead people.

34. Oldratbazzard Seadog says: Apr 12, 2010 8:57 PM

Phishead,
    WFL…whats in the water down there in Miami. That was seriously one of the stupidest things I hae ever read in a post!

35. Macadamia says: Apr 12, 2010 8:57 PM

“No crime against being a jerk”
    OMG, spoken like a TRUE Stillerz fan. Cuz if it were a crime the entire nation’s prison system would be overflowing with Stillerz fans.
    Unbelievable.

36. Oldratbazzard Seadog says: Apr 12, 2010 8:59 PM

Hey Jamaltimore, why don’t you ask Ray Ray that question.

37. nfcbeast says: Apr 12, 2010 9:00 PM

Terry- “He wants to bang my daughters!”
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!!! Agree to disagree!!
    Ben- ” I want to bang his daughters, in the bathroom “

38. fleet10 says: Apr 12, 2010 9:00 PM

ah, and as the Steelers turn to shambles, Florio claws a Mangini diss into an article about his asshole QB.
    scenario: Browns lose to Cincinnati. Braylon Edwards: 0 catches, 0 yards, 15-yard unsportmanlike penalty. That Sunday night, Braylon drunk in downtown Cleveland. “Allegedly” (Florio and Steelers fans favorite word) punches someone.
    Mangini response: peace, bitch
    traded to Jets.
    Say what you will about Mangini, and his iron-fist, while your precious Steelers devolve into chaos, but Roethlisberger and his high-school attitude of entitlement would’ve been dealt with before today’s “press conference”.

39. tombrookshire says: Apr 12, 2010 9:00 PM

Roethisberger is a trainwreck. Kudos to Bradshaw for trying to reason with an unreasonable guy. A man with his head on straight and his priorities in order wouldn’t compromise himself in so many new and different ways. There are maybe 15 men on earth who can do what he does, and make a bloody fortune doing it, and he is urinating it all away.

40. FedorTheChamp says: Apr 12, 2010 9:01 PM

Big Ben is 15-1 against the Brownies!! What’s not to like about the guy?? So he get’s a little frisky!!

41. Garbage Pail Kid says: Apr 12, 2010 9:02 PM

Smoke, fire, blah. Perception may not be fact but it is reality.

42. leibishrox says: Apr 12, 2010 9:03 PM

who the hell cares what bradshnaw says

43. steelerscanadaluke says: Apr 12, 2010 9:08 PM

Miami fan still talking about the 70’s lol

44. Chiefs2010 says: Apr 12, 2010 9:10 PM

Lots of athletes do this stuff, this guy just got caught.. and in Midgeville, GA of all places!
    If I had that kind of money I wouldn’t even go out on the town in Pittsburgh, let along Bumf*ck Midgeville.

45. FletcherKTBS says: Apr 12, 2010 9:10 PM

full bradshaw answer to question re: Roethlisberger is right here…

46. JBFC says: Apr 12, 2010 9:12 PM

A disgraceful, classless ad hominem attack against Coach Mangini; please remove it at once.

47. WWWFELLA71 says: Apr 12, 2010 9:12 PM

i dont know the man personally and you cant base your opinions on other peoples perceptions but i can honestly say i wouldn’t want him any where near my 20 yr old daughter.

48. ItalianArmyGuy says: Apr 12, 2010 9:13 PM

East Bay Ray says: April 12, 2010 8:54 PM
    ItalianArmyGuy says: April 12, 2010 8:16 PM
    ———————–
    ==========
    Please. Read one of his books. Read about his anger issues, multiple divorces, etc… It’s all in his own words. If I recall correctly, he previously claimed alcoholism, co-dependency, or adult ADHD caused his “problems”. I guess now it’s depression – I don’t try to keep up with the changing diagnoses. He recently got paid by drug companies for roaming the country, giving his victim speeches.
    He’s a blight on humanity, but well paid. Certainly not someone I bring up in discussions of past Steeler greats very often.

49. Dogsweat says: Apr 12, 2010 9:17 PM

Let’s see how much longer the NFL coddles this deviant franchise.

50. Beast says: Apr 12, 2010 9:23 PM

ItalianArmyGuy says:
    April 12, 2010 8:16 PM
    ————————————
    Dude, get of da rapist Nuts. or Maybe you enjoy being on them. Ben is a douche. He’s a complete idiot. You get called out on a rape Charger before last season started and now you get called out on another one before this season started. It’s a pattern. Dude loves to rape women after the season ends. After this season, he might be called out on another rape charge. It’s funny how a big nfl star like Ben has to rape women to get sex. How pathetic.

51. cbatchel says: Apr 12, 2010 9:23 PM

Haha, nobody like’s Ruthlessturdburgler. I Heard Peter King and Colin Cowherd both in the last couple weeks talk about how many around the NFL do not like Ben because he acts like a prima donna. Both said he treats people like they are beneath him and it has rubbed many media as well as players the wrong way.
    Well add Terry Bradshaw an ex-steeler to the list.

52. ECS - Brougham Boys 74 says: Apr 12, 2010 9:24 PM

Little Jen the Rapistberger has done it again! Too legit to quit, yo!!

53. SFrancis1680 says: Apr 12, 2010 9:31 PM

FLORIO, you are a pathetic POS,…you’re giving us BRADSHAW,…the same Terry Bradshaw who ripped Bret Farve over retireing, then changing his mind, then when he interviewed Farve, he kissed his ass, …the same Terry Bradshaw who gave an interview to the SPORTING NEWS claiming some players on the Steelers teams of the 70s could have won those titles “with any QB”… when Jack Ham was asked about that in that Sporting News interview, Ham claimed they COULD NOT have won w/o Bradshaw & next to Noll, he was the most important part of those GREAT STEELERS teams of the 70s, & more importantly Ham contradicted Bradshaw by saying he NEVER heard ANY of his teammates make those comments….the same Terry Bradshaw who stayed away from Pittsburgh for years after he retired because of some supposed “fued” between himself & Chuck Noll,…IF Ben worked for NBC the way Tiki Barber does, you wouldn’t be saying shit about him.

54. robert ethan says: Apr 12, 2010 9:33 PM

Yeah lay off these guys.
    Terry the Cat has “Attention Defictit” syndrome.
    Ben the Dog has “Negative Attention” syndrome.
    You rednecks.

55. robert ethan says: Apr 12, 2010 9:37 PM

Seriously they should make up. Terry and Ben would make a great Trailer Park Boys type comedy team. After all, football doesn’t last forever.

56. FumbleNuts says: Apr 12, 2010 9:43 PM

“I’m not that attractive,” Bradshaw said, “and neither is Ben.”
    No shit!!

57. Bubby Brister says: Apr 12, 2010 9:46 PM

“Would you rather have a guy who’s friends protected him in a barfight as your star or a Guy who’s Friends helped him Molest a 20 year old? ”
    I would rather have the guy who knows how to throw the football and win football games. He’s the quarterback of my favorite team. He’s not my role model, he’s not my father, he’s not my brother, he’s not my friend. He is nothing to me but a guy in a jersey who can play well and did the one thing I grew up seeing so many others fail at, and he did it twice. I would be livid if he ever left my favorite football team.
    It’s just like those fools who say “we won!” each Sunday after the game is over…. Newsflash: “We” are not a part of “them”. We’re completely separate. I don’t give a flying Vick what he does outside of that.
    And don’t even give me crap about “the kids”. He has such a negative stigma around him right now, and every parent in Western PA is pounding it into their kids heads that he’s a bad person, that any kid would be out of his gourd to look up to him. Were you worried kids would grow up wanting to be like OJ?
    Pftt..
    Personal and business need to stay SEPARATE!

58. .RebaT says: Apr 12, 2010 9:47 PM

Terry Bradshaw, my hero!!
    TELL THEM LIKE IT IS TERRY!! I love you man! Ben is not handsome, at all.
    Deb, Ben deserves this or are you back on your delusion that Ben is the 2nd coming? Yeah, 2nd coming with him being a criminal and a MORON!!
    You know Ben will see Terry’s comments too. AMEN!!! I am jumping for joy with the MAN, Terry Bradshaw and his comments.

59. Steeler-lady says: Apr 12, 2010 9:49 PM

phishead says:
    April 12, 2010 8:17 PM
    Phishead
    lol PISSHEAD.. if it wasnt for Danny Marino smoking weed in college,he probably would of been a Steeler and got a ring. Instead he got some stat records,something im sure hed love to exchange for a RING.
    Deal with it!

60. StickyGreen says: Apr 12, 2010 9:50 PM

Garbage organization

61. Capt. James T. Kirk says: Apr 12, 2010 9:52 PM

No one likes you Bradshaw cause you are a God damn joke. A backwoods country bumpkin dumbshit that takes every opportunity to trash talk the team that made you semi-famous. You suck singing, and you suck worse at being a commentator. Go back to the swamps and get out of our lives. Funny as hell watching Franco, a man who DID have every right to bad-mouth Pitts run out with pride waving the Terrible Towel at SB while you stood there looking like..a backwoods country bumpkin. You know what, Bradshaw? Go to hell.

62. Drafty says: Apr 12, 2010 9:54 PM

Bradshaw is, and always has been, an idiot.
    That said, he reigns over Roethlisberger in the IQ department. There isn’t a spark between those imbecilic brows, I assure you.
    Those who have defended him above, I guess, are exempt. It’s sad what God did to you. But no one cares, and you probably can’t help it.
    I respect the Steelers organization and yeah, Pig Ben has two Super Bowl rings. One of them he actually earned. Whatever. The guy is a POS.

63. Deb says: Apr 12, 2010 9:54 PM

@tomslk …
    Is that story true? I have a wicked side that comes out when people behave that way. I probably would have pressed every button on the thing or the emergency stop and to heck with the consequences. (Seriously–people used to gather outside the office to listen when I fought with my old boss LOL) Would you have gotten into trouble if you’d told him off? What was wrong with the front office guys? That is ridiculous!! You should write to the Steelers about that. I don’t think he’s a sex abuser, but I do think he’s one huge jackass who needs to be taken down several pegs.

64. fc1_87 says: Apr 12, 2010 9:55 PM

How long is Florio going to milk this?

65. RayDaMayor says: Apr 12, 2010 10:08 PM

Can I have the Rapistburger motorcycle?

66. bigstorm says: Apr 12, 2010 10:13 PM

Phishead
    Stop cutting the pills in half.
    You are delusional.
    You bunch of morality queens make me sick. Most of you cheat on your taxes, your friends, and, your boyfriends and then have the balls to throw stones at a guy who can do something you can’t even comprehend on your PlayStations. God help us if he was actually convicted of anything other than poor judgement.

67. ArtModellsPimp says: Apr 12, 2010 10:13 PM

Terry hasn’t been quite right since Turkey Jones planted him head-first in the turf of Muni Stadium back in the day.
    But he’s right about the RAPIST…

68. bigstorm says: Apr 12, 2010 10:14 PM

Phishead
    Stop cutting the pills in half.
    You are delusional.

69. Tony Snow says: Apr 12, 2010 10:14 PM

I like Ben and the Steelers!!!! I don’t think I would have made it soundly thru the offseason, without em! Proving time and time again how to win during the goodtimes and adversity. I just get tired of the same recycling during the offseason with some of these teams. After 50 years, just realize… You Suck! Always drafting in the top 10, with nothing to show. Bum coach after bum coach. Bum QB after bum Qb. The idiodicy gets depressing…yet your fans have been blinded and try to comment on the moves of champions! Get real, these guys get it! With that being said, I guess your fallback is now character ….and most of you wouldn’t know what that is. Continue supporting losers….oh, but they’re nice guys!!!! LMFAO!
    FYI – gave Joe Gilliam a chance teams wouldnt look at a black QB. As a matter of fact, they are the only team to have four black QB’s on their roster. Batch, Tee Martin, Kordell Stewart and A. Wright on the practice squad. the Rooneys backed Obama. See the other owners for your racists!

70. DoctorK says: Apr 12, 2010 10:16 PM

Army guy, just what kind of fan are you, anyway? You don’t bring up Bradshaw when talking about Steelers greats? Are you insane?
    Look, most pro athletes are scumbags, period. Jack Lambert stands out as a guy who played and then wished to be a family man and stay out of the limelight. The man always had and still has character. But just who is it that ranks high on your list? Fats Holmes? Mel Blount? Lynn Swann? Rocky Bleier?
    Give it a rest.
    Bradshaw was a Steelers great. Quit embarrassing yourself by shooting the messenger.

71. PatricktheDookie says: Apr 12, 2010 10:16 PM

Good show, Bradshaw. Good show.

72. HumbleRaidersFan says: Apr 12, 2010 10:16 PM

OK note this: Ben will be in very similar trouble within 12 months and he will then make a mockery out of everyone who has “hidden” his many egregious transgressions. I know I don’t need to say this but if Ben were black…

73. Rasta says: Apr 12, 2010 10:18 PM

The same thing gets these low IQ pro football players ” Their entourage (aka ass kissers) waiting for crumbs from the mighty’s table encourage their hero to perform for them, i e, Mike Vick, Pacman, Plaxico now Roethlisberger.

74. Jerbs7 says: Apr 12, 2010 10:18 PM

Wearing a mullet and raping chicks! What’s to like.
    I THOUGHT SO!!!
    Go RAVENS!
    …did Ray Lewis ever get of that bus when Joey Porter politely asked him to? Please, STFU…. thanks.

75. Fish751 says: Apr 12, 2010 10:19 PM

76. robert ethan says: Apr 12, 2010 10:20 PM

Bradshaw doesn’t think he’s attractive?
    C’mon Terry every 90 year old should look as good as you do.

77. CaptainFantastik says: Apr 12, 2010 10:23 PM

I THOUGHT SO!!!
    Go RAVENS!
    ——————————————
    Maybe if Ben ratted out his friends and sent them to prison to save his own ass like Ray Ray did you’d find it more acceptable. But what else would expect from somebody with the name “Jamaltimore”.

78. Spanna says: Apr 12, 2010 10:24 PM

(Roethlisberger) – (on-field performance) = (Ryan Leaf)

79. this class sucks says: Apr 12, 2010 10:26 PM

Who is this Terry Bradshaw guy? He has the same name as a former Steelers QB that died a few years back.

80. Crabcake says: Apr 12, 2010 10:26 PM

Booo that animal in EVERY stadium in which he plays this year. Booooo stupid ben!!!!!

81. monet99 says: Apr 12, 2010 10:31 PM

Bradshaw is a clown and Big Ben needs to grow up.

82. koast says: Apr 12, 2010 10:43 PM

Terry Bradshaw is a class act!

83. cheypunk says: Apr 12, 2010 10:43 PM

an all time low for Florio. the Roethlisberger story is done and Florio finds new ways to stir the pot. good going bud. keep the hits’a coming to your website….

84. bleedbrownandorange says: Apr 12, 2010 10:43 PM

Wow Florio you’re certainly capable of maintaining your douchebag status arent you? Mangini has NOTHING to do with Roethlisberger yet you find a way to cheapshot him, I hope this is the beginning of the end for your beloved steelers…

85. Playoffs?! says: Apr 12, 2010 10:44 PM

SFrancis1680
    Your comment was one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point, in your rambling and incoherent response, were you even close to anything that can be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this thread is now dumber, having seen it and read it. Seriously. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

86. dcsween says: Apr 12, 2010 10:45 PM

Bradshaw is just DYING to get his name mentioned on profootballtalk.com again.

87. kpweaver27 says: Apr 12, 2010 10:47 PM

Anyone- absolutely anyone who defends Roethlisberger at this point needs to really re-examine their lives, because they are placing their team fandom above legal and moral certitude. O.J. wasn’t convicted either, Steelers fans. If you can think for one second he’s not guilty, your fan blinders are up too high.

88. TheBottomLine says: Apr 12, 2010 10:47 PM

That’s it for me as a Steelers fan, I’ve heard enough…
    buhbye Ben!!!

89. GoBrowns19 says: Apr 12, 2010 10:50 PM

I wish people would stop calling them the squeelers when trying to rip on them. Do they tell on people alot or something? Acknowledging their QB as a dick and a rapist is good enough. Leave the gay names.

90. toddmitchell116 says: Apr 12, 2010 11:00 PM

Bradshaw – 4 rings
    Roethlisberger – 2 rings
    I ll take both any day of the week!

91. TampaJoey says: Apr 12, 2010 11:13 PM

Bradshaw is twice the person Roethlisberger is and ten times the QB.

92. BenInAZ says: Apr 12, 2010 11:15 PM

@Deb…..after reading your posts for the past couple of weeks, I had to finally create an account just to discredit some of the information you keep posting on here as fact in defense of your QB.
    FACT: Ben was in violation of Pennsylvania state law by riding his Hayabusa without a helmet. State law only allows a rider to go helmetless if he or she has been in possession of a valid motorcycle endorsement or MSF course for two years. Ben’s six-month learner’s permit had expired three months before the accident. If you are in an accident while in violation of this law, it is a class 1 misdemeanor. Strike 1 for Ben……
    Does this amount to a hill of beans in connection to his ongoing sexual issues? No, but it does call some of your “facts” into question….research and learn a little before posting “facts” every hour on the hour…..

93. Jack Acid says: Apr 12, 2010 11:21 PM

He may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but kudos to Bradshaw for calling a spade a spade.

94. robert ethan says: Apr 12, 2010 11:23 PM

LOL @ Deb…
    The people probably gathered outside the office in case they had to intervene to save her boss.

95. raider_from_az says: Apr 12, 2010 11:31 PM

bradshaw is a tool. the only bigger fag on those 70’s steelers teams was lynn swan. the only thing likeable about the steelers is big ben

96. tryfuhl says: Apr 12, 2010 11:44 PM

Ben is an arrogant douche that looks like a methed out version of the Undertaker from WWF. Bradshaw is twice the man that he’ll ever be and I’m def not a fan of Terry.

97. squeaky9 says: Apr 12, 2010 11:59 PM

“I don’t like either of them.Both are/were over rated. If it weren’t for the WFL taking Miami’s best players,the Steelers would NEVER have won a SuperBowl back in the 70’s. Deal with it!
    Phishead”
    Deal with it, LOL? That’s the dumbest post I’ve ever read. Ben hasn’t hit his 30’s yet…most men are morons before age 30. He’s got a prayer.

98. .RebaT says: Apr 13, 2010 12:08 AM

Capt. James T. Kirk
    You really need to get a clue about Bradshaw. I can see how jealous you are of the man already. He was a great quarterback and he is a great and entertaining commentator.
    All the Steeler fans are stuck on how many trophies they have… UH, TERRY BRADSHAW was the QB where they won FOUR, count them, FOUR trophies in 6 years. Ben will NEVER beat that record. Terry is a class act. You never heard of him molesting or raping or dealing with sexual conduct crap. Go do some research or maybe continuing your education to where you may actually one day get your GED.

99. Beer Cheese Soup says: Apr 13, 2010 12:09 AM

“…but as we told someone regarding Browns coach Eric Mangini during a challenging 2009 season, his friends are silent and his enemies aren’t.”
    ____________________________________
    Take your shots at the Browns while you still can.
    Let’s face it: no one WANTS to live in Cleveland. Future HOF coach Holmgren is only there for one reason, and that is to get back at the Steelers for buying his second ring before he ever got a chance to wear it.
    If he thinks he can do that with Mangini, you’d better believe he will. The disastrous, Viking-esque offseason Pittsburgh has been having will only make their jobs that much easier.

100. .RebaT says: Apr 13, 2010 12:19 AM

Here’s a fact. Bradshaw is a HOF… Ben is a FELON!

101. trickbunny says: Apr 13, 2010 12:48 AM

ha ha… If you’d asked all these Steeler fans what they think of Terry Bradshaw YESTERDAY, they’d all be like “Wow, what a great hero of the Steelers. A legend, a great guy. We love him.”
    But ask them today, and he’s an old, useless a-hole because he said what a lot of other people say about Rapenstein.

102. PerchSports says: Apr 13, 2010 1:15 AM

As a Browns fan, this is all music to my ears. Since the kid was in High School in Findlay,OH, he’s had a bad reputation of arrogance, lack of respect for his elders and just a plain old bad attitude. When he was drafted, I remember the questions surrounding him, I even remember Hines Ward mentioning to the media that he heard Ben was racist. These players and their sense of entitlement is absolutely ridiculous, I hope the Steelers AND the league lay the smack down on this arrogant prick. (Can I say that?)

103. Leroy'sButler says: Apr 13, 2010 1:19 AM

How would you like to be a 20 year old hottie stuck in an elevator with the Rapist.
    Yikes.

104. FLYBOY says: Apr 13, 2010 1:26 AM

A good friend of mine has lived in Pittsburgh for years and he said that Ruthlessonfurburger is known to be a total douche bag.

105. Killswitch2606 says: Apr 13, 2010 1:36 AM

“I’m not that attractive,” Bradshaw said, “and neither is Ben.”
    God I love Bradshaw…!

106. PackFaninPackLand says: Apr 13, 2010 1:38 AM

To: phishead
    Interesting thought, but the Steelers won the Super Bowl in ’74 when they were all still there. Plus Kiick and Warfield never did much of anything in the NFL after that, and Csonka had only one decent season with the Giants.
    Fact is, a LOT of the Dolphin greats were getting old by 1975 (sort of like the Packers in 1968 after winning 5 Championships in 7 years), so while an interesting point, I don’t think it applies at all. Most of the Steelers greats at that time were in or entering their prime.

107. shiftyshellshocked says: Apr 13, 2010 1:56 AM

As much as I hate Bradshaw. He’s absolutely right!

108. Wardo says: Apr 13, 2010 2:02 AM

“If Terry came back from the dead to give this kid some advice, he should listen the f@#k up!!!”
    ———
    by far the best Terry Bradshaw is dead comment here….

109. pokerpro7s says: Apr 13, 2010 2:12 AM

People crack me up. Now that it’s become apparent that Ben didn’t rape anybody people are making a big deal about the girl’s age, saying that he shouldn’t be cavorting with college age girls. One guy even called her “a little girl barely out of high school.” Seriously? At 20 that girl is plenty grown up. What 28 yr old guy in his right mind wouldn’t want to bang a willing 20 yr old girl?

110. Skippy20008 says: Apr 13, 2010 2:17 AM

Bradshaw may be unsophisticated, but he’s by no means unintelligent. More to the point, he’s a good human being. Roethlisberger is what you step on when you’re walking through a kennel and aren’t watching your step.

111. SamHayne says: Apr 13, 2010 3:44 AM

Funny, why does no one talk about how this girl was not legal to be drinking or in a bar in the 1st place. This is more a case of some stupid drunk girl getting star struck & then when she figured out Ben wasn’t going to call her in the morning, she went to the cops.
    The 1st charge in Lake Taho is complete BS & Ben has a counter suit against that nut…..
    The only thing Ben is guilty of is bad judgement for putting himself in a situation where gold diggers can look for their free ride.

112. Rev. Dr. HollywoodWags says: Apr 13, 2010 5:09 AM

And the noyl guy in recent history coming into the NFL with any brains (Myron ROlle) is crucified by the moron jocks and jock-sniffing weasel sportswriters for…being too smart.
    If Ben were black, he’d prolly get a “minority business loan” and use it to buy weed and stuff.

113. Child_Please! says: Apr 13, 2010 5:49 AM

Deb just thinks Ben Assaultswomenberger is the 2nd coming, just like .RebaT said.
    Glad I’m not the only one who sees thru Deb’s comments.

114. Tomthebombtracy says: Apr 13, 2010 6:33 AM

Funny, Bradshaw was not very popular with his own teammates. Like Ben, he was considered sullen and moody and like Ben, his stories to the media were contradicting and confusing.
    There was even debate whether Joe Gilliam or Terry Hanratty should be QB’ing. That’s where the debate ends. One player recently said Ben hasn’t said 10 words to him in four years but he’d never seen a player as calm or collected in the locker room or in the huddle.
    Funny, the principals in one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history….Ben to Santonio….are now in such negative focus.
    Who would the Steelers rather have, Ben or Neil O’Donnell?
    The same Ben fans love on the field, reckless and free form, they hate off the field because he plays the way he lives.

115. Sterling says: Apr 13, 2010 7:25 AM

Bradshaw ain’t Robert Redford and he for sure isn’t Einstein, but he’s grown up – which is something Ben needs to do. Bradshaw can see it b/c he’s been there. I think if I were the Steelers QB, and a former Steelers QB with multiple Super Bowl rings offered me a little advice, I’d have the humility to listen and think hard about it. Ben has developed a pattern of behavior, and it bodes ill for the Steelers.

116. GirthyOne says: Apr 13, 2010 7:31 AM

Like Brashaw as a commentator. Despite not liking Pittsburgh, hard not to have like Terry and hard not to like Ben as players. What’s not to like about winning?
    I don’t know either personally and neither do any of these idiots who post so many horribly mean things. Should Ben not put himself in those positions? Of course. Did he do anything wrong? Only the people involved really know. It looks like he didn’t and is just a jackass to the women after, but I don’t know that either.
    Why do people feel compelled to post about things they really know nothing about and be such jerks? I have no idea. I guess they are just haters and this is something to hate someone about.

117. BaltimoreSports says: Apr 13, 2010 7:40 AM

I hate the Steelers, but love Bradshaw. The guy is a football legend and great personality. From what I’ve read, Terry is a great guy. The fact Ben doesn’t like him speaks a lot for his character.

118. Outlaw Jersey Whales says: Apr 13, 2010 7:40 AM

(Roethlisberger statement)
    “Ladies and gentlemen. Good afternoon. Thank you for coming. I would like to say that I am very sorry for all the trouble this incident has caused me. If I hadn’t been caught, I’d be back at the Capital City club tonight with a wild, coed stuffed t-shirt in my lap while taking body-shots off another! But, alas, I WAS caught in the VIP crapper attempting to polish Little Ben’s helmet, so now I must undo all the heartache this has caused me.
    I have an addiction problem. I am addicted to pickled, 20 year old Snappin’ Gyro! Upon leaving this press conference I shall be seeking intensive treatment for my disease. Part of this therapy is being weaned off the addictive substance. Therefore i shall be persuing that first portion of my regimen at the UGA Alpha Omega Sorority Friday Night Gin and Ecstacy Bender / Hot Tub Skinny-Dipping Party.
    I would appreciate that you respect my privacy at this time as I am undergoing treatment. I wouldn’t want to stroke another big check so soon. It would be very troubling to me.
    Oh, I almost forgot. Sorry to the team, fans, the… well, you know the drill.

119. Duck Fallas says: Apr 13, 2010 7:47 AM

The Steelers are a class act.

120. TheDPR says: Apr 13, 2010 7:55 AM

“I’m not that attractive, and neither is Ben.”
    That may be the most accurate statement Terry’s made since his untimely death a few years ago.

121. NoRingsForYou says: Apr 13, 2010 8:00 AM

Phishead – check your facts. Miami’s demise started before they lost players to the WFL.

122. anothersteelerfan1 says: Apr 13, 2010 8:03 AM

I know Bradshaw has had his demons in the past, but we all have. I’ve done some things that I’m not proud of and that is what you do, you live and you learn. If you can give information to your child or someone younger than you that a path that they are taken may not be the right way I hope the hell that you tell them. They may listen or they may not but I’m sure I will let my children know what I think the correct path should be. In football it’s the same way. Notice that Bradshaw only said that Ben didn’t like him from the statement that he made at first and he is just beginning not to like him. I’m sure he has still be there trying to tell the young man some things but keeps getting shut down. In Ben’s defense I probably wouldn’t listen either but don’t bash Bradshaw for trying to school the young man.

123. Tcostant says: Apr 13, 2010 8:27 AM

It’s to late for Ben, lets see how many Super Bowls he wins when they ship him to the Bills.

124. The Polish Rifle says: Apr 13, 2010 8:28 AM

Honesty is always the best policy, Bradshaw. Kudos.

125. SPORTS1969 says: Apr 13, 2010 9:01 AM

bradshaw offered advise and ben got pissed,okay well then leave ben alone and let him continue to make mistakes,it doesnt neccesary mean he doesnt like you he just isnt hearing you

126. DAVE W. says: Apr 13, 2010 9:22 AM

I think everybody should leave poor Ben alone, apparently the only way he can get laid. He’s a real class act.

127. Bdrunk says: Apr 13, 2010 9:31 AM

TB is tha man, but he should probably just STFU about things that don’t concern him. If Ben messes up again, he messes up. The entire roster from circa 1974 can appear/come back from the dead and lecture Ben on proper off field behavior, and it won’t do a bit of good. It’s up to Ben.

128. GtuddaC says: Apr 13, 2010 9:39 AM

@pokerpro7s …where is it apparent that Ben didnt rape anyone…for that much, OJ didnt kill anyone, either…

129. homercles82 says: Apr 13, 2010 9:46 AM

SPORTS1969 says:
    April 13, 2010 9:01 AM
    _________________________________
    Advice* necessarily* doesn’t* isn’t*

130. metalron says: Apr 13, 2010 10:56 AM

jamaltimore you’re an idiot!!
    Yeah, I’d rather have a murderer on my team who bought his way out of trouble, than a qb who has a $target on his back that women want to cash in on. Gimme a break…
    Ray Lewis is a thug
    Ben is a partier
    Funny how the dumbass who accused him of rape all of a sudden didn’t want to press charges after the investigation goes public. She made up the whole thing hoping she could get hush money. Then, the whole world knows about the accusations and she decides not to pursue it any further.
    Ray paid off the victims families…guilty conscience

131. Dallas6584 says: Apr 13, 2010 12:03 PM

Well said garbage pail kid that should sum up the story with Big Ben. Whether he did it or not, he sure looks like a jackass and everyone knows it, even steeler fans. All you Bradshaw haters I bet you watch Fox pregame instead of CBS, you just wont admit it.

132. Deb says: Apr 13, 2010 12:46 PM

Child_Please!
    If you had a reading comprehension level past kindergarten, you’d know I have a low opinion of Ben Roethlisberger as a person, but have been arguing Constitutional principles. But you’re too simple-minded and self-absorbed to grasp that.
    So you and RebaT are on the same wavelength?
    Well, that explains a lot. LOL

133. brasho says: Apr 13, 2010 1:08 PM

Seroiusly, Roehlisberger is one ugly dude, his head looks like a big fat baked potato on top of a heap of lumpy mashed potatoes.

134. shiftyshellshocked says: Apr 13, 2010 1:12 PM

I am positive that Big Ben’s brain is single celled. Good quarterback, dumb as a box of rocks.

135. claytonbigsby says: Apr 13, 2010 4:02 PM

Did the Bengals and Steelers swop uniforms?

136. EdBurns666 says: Apr 14, 2010 1:56 AM

I’ve heard Ben’s a pick in public, so any comments that basically say the same thing, I tend to believe them. I’ve heard it in the past from fans at Training camp in Latrobe, who live there… They said he rarely if ever signs anything at the night practice at the High School… The whole team is made available to sign autographs after that practice… Ben arrogant… I believe it.

137. .RebaT says: Apr 14, 2010 4:12 PM

Oh no, Ben is too good to sign autographs or anything pathetic as that. Geez! Does he know it is OUR dollars that actually end up paying his salary? I guess not.
    Palmer ripping him was a GREAT story.

138. bobzilla says: Apr 15, 2010 7:36 PM

@ItalianArmyDesserter: Terry Bradshaw, not an all-time Steelers great? WOW!!! You instantly lost all credibilty.
    Bradshaw threw four TD passes against the Cowboys in Super Bowl XIII. That’s three more TD passes than Roethlisberger has thrown in TWO entire Super Bowls.
    In the four Super Bowl in which Bradshaw played, he threw a fourth-quarter TD pass in each game.
    When Bradsahw was drafted in 1970, he inherited a team that was 1-13. Five years later, the Steelers were in their first of four Super Bowls.
    Bradshaw called his own plays. Roethlisberger, meanwhile, relies on transmitted voices from a wired helmet.
    Bradshaw played for $250,000 a year. Roethisberger was paid $27 million last season. Bradshaw needed no bodyguards; Roethlisberger, meanwhile, needs all the goon help he can get.
    Whatever issues Bradshaw may have had in his personal life, none of those issues compare to those of Roethisberger.

139. liz49 says: Apr 19, 2010 1:50 PM

MORALS, are not what it use to be, a lady was a lady and a gentleman a gentleman. NOW you have men acting like dogs, and women acting like bitches ! NO RESPECT! AND I DON’T SPEAK [FOR EVERY PERSON] . EVERYONE, SHOULD KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT AND WRONG !