Marshall will speak with McDaniels on phone

The slow pace to Brandon Marshall’s trade talks should pick up with the NFL Draft finally almost here.

A report came out this morning that Marshall and Broncos management will huddle Tuesday, getting Marshall’s name back in the news.  That talk will take place on the phone, not in person, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post.

Santonio Holmes’ trade doesn’t figure to help the Broncos get fair value for Marshall, but they are different cases.  The Steelers were prepared to release Holmes; we think the Broncos could live with taking Marshall back if they don’t get any decent offers.

Meanwhile, KDVR’s Josina Anderson reports that “some teams many would not expect” have shown interest in Marshall.   Interest is one thing; we’ll see if there are any teams willing to give up significant trade value on top of a monster contract.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
18 Responses to “Marshall will speak with McDaniels on phone”
  1. hotep999 says: Apr 13, 2010 12:52 PM

surprised the Bears are not “all over” this one??

2. quadya says: Apr 13, 2010 12:56 PM

He’ll be in Miami

3. jwill007 says: Apr 13, 2010 1:06 PM

Bengals GIve up the 1st lol but boy would Chad be mad…..LOL……if not give up a 2nd this year and something next….Sign MArshall longterm and you have Marshall and Bryant with Chad but thats a whole lot of HEAD STRONG PLAYERS…LOL
    Imagine the defenses trying to cover that….Damn I dream to much…..lol

4. Tr3pidation says: Apr 13, 2010 1:09 PM

“some teams many would not expect” have shown interest in Marshall” Last ditch effort to try and run up value. Every other ‘interested suitor’ were just trying to run up the value.

5. AlphaQ2 says: Apr 13, 2010 1:11 PM

He is definitely an elite receiver. I’m surprised that more teams aren’t all over this guy. I would rather have him than Dez Bryant.
    Seems like several of the Broncos had problems with McDaniels last year (Shefler, Cutler and Marshall) and that’s just the players we know about. If I were the Broncos front office I would be making sure that the decision for McDaniels to be head coach is absolutely a long term choice before I would continue to get rid of studs.

6. Turd Furguson says: Apr 13, 2010 1:11 PM

the bears dont have any draft picks left to give Denver. Denver already has them.

7. 69ers says: Apr 13, 2010 1:13 PM

McDaniels: You suck
    Marshall: No, you suck
    McDaniels: You suck
    Marshall: No, you suck
    McDaniels: You suck
    Marshall: No, you suck
    That’s the maturity level I’d expect with that call.

8. rjgreen3 says: Apr 13, 2010 1:16 PM

@hotep999
    bears have no talent or draft picks to trade!!!

9. broncosteviep says: Apr 13, 2010 1:18 PM

I have heard rumors that one of the teams that no one would expect is the Dallas Cowboys.

10. elways_jock says: Apr 13, 2010 1:32 PM

marshall will be a bronco he got married and cant leave the state with his (presumed) future baby momma poppin’ out a little #15 — that said — how can jay cutler or newly ‘mcnabbed’ mike shanahanahanhanahanahan not think he a fit ..

11. Turk says: Apr 13, 2010 1:37 PM

If Albert Haynesworth is so unhappy in Washington, why not offer him straight up for Brandon Marshall. Both teams get to move a disgruntled elite player. Both teams will have to deal with the player’s contract in the near future. So just looking at those two factors seems like a fair trade. The part I do not know is whether or not Haynesworth will fit into the Broncos defensive scheme — I think I can safely say that Marshall can fit into the Redskins scheme. There may be more complexities that I am not considering, but it might be worth discussing.

12. FinFan says: Apr 13, 2010 1:44 PM

“Hello, this is Brandon”
    “Is Wang there?” – “No Josh”
    “Is Wong there?” – “No Josh”
    “I guess then I Wang the Wong Number! Ha Ha Ha Ha”
    “Um, Josh you know I have caller ID right?”

13. Brewster says: Apr 13, 2010 1:48 PM

They can’t even meet in person, face to face.
    The fact that it’s a phone conversation tells you all you need to know.
    The damage is irrepairable on both sides, no deal in Denver for Marshall.

14. Schau3r says: Apr 13, 2010 1:49 PM

By surprising teams, they mean the Packers, just so you all know. Apparently Ted is very intrigued. Plus he keeps as much as possible from going public.

15. JDow says: Apr 13, 2010 1:53 PM

@Turk
    Fat Albert doesn’t want to play NT in a 3-4, both Wash and Den run a 3-4.

16. crabman82 says: Apr 13, 2010 2:14 PM

———————————————–
    looks cute on paper but denver plays a 3-4

17. CleanSlaton says: Apr 13, 2010 2:53 PM

Even though we’d love to have him follow a better WR’s example in Houston, I don’t think a Texas court system factors favorably into his plans if Brandon Marshall wants to keep beating up his fiancee/wife/future ex-wife.
    Brandon Marshall & Matt Schaub? WIN
    Brandon Marshall finally getting his comeuppance in a state proud of its capital punishment– for battering women? WIN
    The situation is win-win for non-douche Texans fans everywhere…there are more of us than you’d think.

18. spliffbunker says: Apr 13, 2010 2:56 PM

@ Turk :
    I really doubt that Denver would deal with Shanahan as they seem to be attempting to purge all memories of the past…Kremlinesque
    & while Marshall has had off field incidents & has been a PIA about his contract Haynesworth looks to be a true locker room cancer…witness his attempt to organize players to boycott/show up late for practice before the second Dallas game