Naufahu Tahi re-signs with Vikings

In some cities, the 12th man is the fans.  In Minnesota, he’s fullback Naufahu Tahi.

Unfortunately.

Tahi will be sticking around for at least another year.  The team announced that he has signed his restricted free agent tender.

Tahi has served the past two years as the lead blocker for tailback Adrian Peterson.

Permalink 43 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
43 Responses to “Naufahu Tahi re-signs with Vikings”
  1. BillsFan27 says: Apr 13, 2010 5:41 PM

Sweet fullback name.

2. HowIronic says: Apr 13, 2010 5:42 PM

I always kinda thought we didn’t worry about having a crappy FB because we had 2 good HBs… I mean I realize their positions are different, but for some reason it just made sense.
    Maybe the Vikings should think about pursuing a better FB?

3. Ambrose says: Apr 13, 2010 5:43 PM

Look out….here comes a blitzing linebacker that wasn’t picked up…OHHHH NOOOOOO….FUMBLE!

4. NathanExplosion says: Apr 13, 2010 5:43 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

5. Beam me up Scotty says: Apr 13, 2010 5:46 PM

Darn Mr. whiff is back. Adrian did a lot better before Tahi’s arrival.
    The only good thing is when Peterson fumbled the ball forward, Tahi was already on the ground waiting for it.

6. MN Boise Fan says: Apr 13, 2010 5:50 PM

3 months later, and that whole fiasco still stings….thanks for rubbing more salt in the wound Florio….

7. funi says: Apr 13, 2010 5:50 PM

I thought the schedule was to be released today?!

8. Brownie says: Apr 13, 2010 5:51 PM

Dumb first two sentences…

9. bluestree says: Apr 13, 2010 5:53 PM

“In some cities, the 12th man is the fans. In Minnesota, he’s fullback Naufahu Tahi.
    Good one. LMAO.

10. Brownie says: Apr 13, 2010 5:53 PM

Dumb first two sentences.
    Unfortunately.

11. JimmySmith says: Apr 13, 2010 5:55 PM

Its unfair to pin the 12th man on Tahi, even the resident genius, (there is a village somewhere in Minnesota missing its idiot) the alleged head coach (reporting directly to BrINT Favre) Col Klink admitted that he sent Tahi into the huddle. How was Tahi to know that there were already 11 men in there, its not like the Vikings just took a time out, oh wait, they did, never mind.

12. gregjennings says: Apr 13, 2010 5:56 PM

Good thing for AP. Tahi and the o-line are the only reason he’s half-good.

13. Bleedin' Purple says: Apr 13, 2010 5:56 PM

I hate when people try to blame Tahi for being the 12th man. While he was the odd man out, that’s all on the coaches…not him.

14. Supersuckers says: Apr 13, 2010 5:57 PM

LOL!!!!!!! Nice writing Florio!!! Good Stuff…

15. Brownie says: Apr 13, 2010 5:58 PM

Unfortunately.

16. PURPLESTEEZ says: Apr 13, 2010 6:01 PM

D-BAG THE DOME IS THE 12TH MAN YOU EVER BEEN IN THE DOME DURING A VIKINGS GAME? FLORIO IS A D-BAG-1 OF THE LOUDEST PLACES TO PLAY

17. irishgary says: Apr 13, 2010 6:02 PM

@Brownie
    Must be you didn’t get it.

18. Minnehaha Hustlers says: Apr 13, 2010 6:03 PM

He’s a very solid fb no doubt about it!

19. PURPLESTEEZ says: Apr 13, 2010 6:06 PM

THE DOME IS THE 12TH MAN FLORIO EVER BEEN TO A GAME THERE?

20. Minnehaha Hustlers says: Apr 13, 2010 6:06 PM

He’s a top of the line bocking fb! What more could you want yo?

21. gopherb24 says: Apr 13, 2010 6:07 PM

Thanks for the NFC Championship dig, Florio. As if it’s not tough enough to move on as it is…

22. employer says: Apr 13, 2010 6:10 PM

@Brownie,
    I thought it was clever.
    I can’t believe I just said that.
    I disgust myself

23. nato2424 says: Apr 13, 2010 6:11 PM

lorenzo neil

24. whiskerbiskit says: Apr 13, 2010 6:13 PM

Yes, Super Bowl here we come…Oh wait…we’re Vikings…never mind.

25. PULL&SEAL says: Apr 13, 2010 6:28 PM

12 men in the huddle AFTER a timeout. Priceless!! The Vikings can find a way to f#ck anything up.

26. GB3Pack4 says: Apr 13, 2010 7:01 PM

Beam me up Scotty: GREAT (second) sentence!

27. jebdamone says: Apr 13, 2010 7:09 PM

tahi is one of the poorest FBs that i have seen and i think it is no coincidence that the one year AD had bad ass tony richardson blocking for him was his most dominant in my opinion.

28. Big BrEasy says: Apr 13, 2010 7:19 PM

LMAO!!!! Just though of the Paul Allen skit once again…..
    Better luck next year Queen fans!

29. 2Legit says: Apr 13, 2010 7:30 PM

Ohhh jesus….wtf is with the chilly man love with this guy?

30. Love_Boat_Scandal says: Apr 13, 2010 7:38 PM

AP is very excited to have his old locker room, naked wrestling buddy back.

31. Pervy Harvin says: Apr 13, 2010 8:10 PM

Awesome! Nice to know my bud connection is sticking around!

32. threadkiller says: Apr 13, 2010 9:12 PM

Maybe the vikes are getting a little Tahi insurance- Tyler Roehl.
    In case, you don’t know who he is, here is some highlights (poor image quality):
    Signed with Seahawks last year but got hurt, released a couple wks. ago and invited to work out for Vikes.

33. Jesse Custer says: Apr 13, 2010 10:31 PM

PURPLESTEEZ, that loud whooshing noise was Florio’s joke going right over your head.

34. Supersuckers says: Apr 13, 2010 11:06 PM

LOL!!!!!!! Nice writing Florio!!! Good Stuff…

35. sand0 says: Apr 14, 2010 2:40 AM

It could have been a tight end, wr, or fullback that was the player not in the package that Bevell/Chilly called for. Did I miss a story or is there some reason why Tahi is figured as “that guy”? Is it just because he sucks?
    In any case, the Vikings don’t use a fullback that often and probably figure they just as well use one that is familiar with the system. Probably got him cheap. You get what you pay for and the Vikes don’t use FB enough to pay for a good one.
    I mean, you can’t be awesome at ALL your positions although the Vikings offense does come close to it.

36. Gregjennings85 says: Apr 14, 2010 9:56 AM

I wouldn’t blame Tahi, I mean JUDAS did call an illegal (back to back) timeout just prior to the 12-man-in-the-huddle penalty.
    Although, if the penalty was 15 yards, the biggest QUEEN of them all may not have thrown his latest year-killing pick, as Minnesota would’ve undoubtedly called a different play (man, I love listening to the Minnesota radio address of that pick – AMAZING – and it never gets old).
    Brett Favre, most career-ending interceptions in NFL history.

37. Gregjennings85 says: Apr 14, 2010 9:59 AM

And for all you Minnesotan Scandinavian freaks:
    Your G.E.D. just called, it wants you to go back to high school, and finish your degree.

38. Pervy Harvin says: Apr 14, 2010 10:55 AM

Gregjennings85- I’d like to see things from your point of view but I can’t seem to get my head that far up my ass.

39. Supersuckers says: Apr 14, 2010 11:48 AM

Pervy Harvin says:
    April 14, 2010 10:55 AM
    —————–
    Pervy what would you put up the ass of the “big buck”? You know darn well your member just moved at the though of it. My whigga…

40. Ambrose says: Apr 14, 2010 12:11 PM

PURPLESTEEZ says:
    April 13, 2010 6:06 PM
    THE DOME IS THE 12TH MAN FLORIO EVER BEEN TO A GAME THERE
    ————————————————
    Piped-in artificial noise….that’s real hard to do.

41. chickenragnarpartdeux says: Apr 14, 2010 12:12 PM

Gregjennings85 says:
    April 14, 2010 9:59 AM
    And for all you Minnesotan Scandinavian freaks:
    ================================
    CraigJennings85:
    #1: that is even dumber than Costanzas “jerk store” line on Seinfeld.
    #2 You don’t get a high school “degree” ,you get a diploma!
    Craig, Craig, Craig, that was an absolute turd of a post.
    But, then again, it’s getting to be a habit with you.
    Like this gem:
    Craigjennings85 says:
    Brett Favre, most career-ending interceptions in NFL history.
    ——————————————
    There is only one ending to your career.
    If he retires and comes back to the jets, it’s still the same career.
    Do yourself a favor and stop posting.
    Your ignorance shows everytime you do.
    You’d think if that after embarassing yourself countless times, you’d leave on your own.

42. VaNorseman says: Apr 15, 2010 10:50 PM

Tahi sucks. Im a huge vikings fan, but Tony Richardson was there A.D. rookie year and was a way better FB. They should have Kleinsasser be the lead to pave the way for 28. Tahi might be the 30th best FB if the Nfl. Not sayin much

43. VaNorseman says: Apr 15, 2010 10:55 PM

chickenragnarpartdeux says
    Your mad that your #4 is going to retire as a viking in 2011 wearing purple, with the lombardi trophy in his hands. Kaw-Kaw mo-fo