Ravens release Samari Rolle

Cornerback Samari Rolle hasn’t announced his long-expected retirement from football yet, but he’s no longer a member of the Ravens.

Baltimore terminated Rolle’s contract Tuesday in what may amount to an accounting move.

Rolle missed all of last season with a neck injury.  He had a successful four-year run in Baltimore before that after playing seven seasons in Tennessee, including a first-team All-Pro appearance in 2000.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Ravens release Samari Rolle”
  1. bdkelly says: Apr 13, 2010 3:11 PM

Rex Ryan calls in 3….2….1….

2. tx_tuff says: Apr 13, 2010 3:55 PM

Yeah if I’m right he is going to have to retire because of the neck injury, thats said. Most may not know this but he has Epilepsy and is a great roll model for a lot of challenged kids out there! I wish him a great happy retirement if that is where he is headed.

3. JPerkVA says: Apr 13, 2010 4:10 PM

Samari, you’ll be missed. I appreciate how you played during your time in Baltimore. Good luck in whatever you plan to do now.

4. ppdoc13 says: Apr 13, 2010 5:18 PM

While I appreciate what Rolle did for the team over the last few years, I think he stole money last year. Personally, I believe he knew he wasn’t going to play. As soon as he signed his contract, his neck started hurting again. So for all the good that he did, the end was colored in my mind by a player who took a lot of money for offering a service he had no intention of providing.

5. tx_tuff says: Apr 13, 2010 5:40 PM

You mean a Pro Player got paid for being injured? Thats a first! Give me a break! If its anybodies fault he got paid last year for not playing it’s the team for giving him a contract.

6. BaltimoreSports says: Apr 13, 2010 6:04 PM

He’ll be missed here in B-more.

7. ppdoc13 says: Apr 13, 2010 7:20 PM

@tx – if the front office didn’t do their due diligence then it is their fault. if he misrepresented himself that is a different issue.