Eli Manning on Osi Umenyiora: He's "said dumb things before"

When Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora threatened to retire earlier this offseason if he’s not a starter in 2010, we didn’t take it too seriously.

Eli Manning is taking the same approach because Umenyiora has “said dumb things before. . . . “If you have a rough season like the Giants did last year, you get
frustrated and say some things that you don’t really mean, and I think
that was just part of that,” Manning said.

Manning is predicting a big bounceback season for Umenyiora.

“He’s been at the facility, he’s been working hard, showing great
enthusiasm and energy,” Manning said to the New York Post. “Osi’s been his same self, smiling and in good
spirits. He’s ready to have a big season for us. I don’t think there’s
anything to talk about, other than him being ready to go.”

Permalink 25 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
25 Responses to “Eli Manning on Osi Umenyiora: He's "said dumb things before"”
  1. dboom92 says: Apr 14, 2010 11:36 AM

“He’s ready to have a big season for us. I don’t think there’s anything to talk about, other than him being ready to go.”

2. dibens says: Apr 14, 2010 11:37 AM

Damn, I wish Cleveland Had one of the manning Brothers. They control their teams amazing. When they talk people listen. Osi is still an idiot!
    Die Hard Browns Fan

3. mike_311 says: Apr 14, 2010 11:39 AM

Giants win superbowl this year… you heard it first from me.

4. Tcostant says: Apr 14, 2010 11:43 AM

If I was the Giants I would see what I could get for Osi before the draft. He should last year that he has no interest in stopping the run. He is a pass rusher inly on this team – so see what value is out there based on his name.

5. mama tried says: Apr 14, 2010 12:05 PM

Eli is the one whos dumb!! 100 mil for that deer in the headligths idiot is DUMB!! hahahhahahah, giants, hahahahhahahahhhhah
    3rd in the east this seas!! hahahahhahahahahhahhhhahhahhahahahahhahahah

6. myeaglescantwin says: Apr 14, 2010 12:10 PM

Eli is half retarded. Get ready to be at the bottom of the division you toolbag.

7. mama tried says: Apr 14, 2010 12:15 PM

Eli is the dumbest looking qb I’ve ever seen!

8. Occam says: Apr 14, 2010 12:17 PM

“He’s ready to have a big season for us. I don’t think there’s anything to talk about, other than him being dumb and ready to go.”

9. tjs483 says: Apr 14, 2010 12:37 PM

every manning comment makes me puke in my mouth

10. Bite-me-Florio says: Apr 14, 2010 12:37 PM

“Giants win superbowl this year… you heard it first from me.”
    ==================================
    Only if they move to the CFL. you heard it first from me.

11. Igottz5onit says: Apr 14, 2010 12:48 PM

Eli would know about dumb comments… Being the second coming of Forrest gump himself.

12. CowboysLikeCack says: Apr 14, 2010 12:57 PM

there is no QB in the league that coulda handled the pats the way he did in 07 except possibly his brother. It’s only the fruity pats fans talking bout how ugly eli is cuz they want brady in more ways then as they’re QB!

13. Jintsbowl says: Apr 14, 2010 12:58 PM

And I suppose you Eagle fans think Kolb is going to lead you to the playoffs his first year starting?? You my friends will be third, no question.

14. mama tried says: Apr 14, 2010 1:00 PM

“Giants win superbowl this year… you heard it first from me.”
    funniest thing I’ve read all day!! LMAO!!!!!

15. turbodog says: Apr 14, 2010 1:01 PM

hey Mama’s boy,
    “Eli is the dumbest looking qb I’ve ever seen!”
    I’m no Eli fan but dumbest qb ever??? have you watched Jamarcus Russell play?
    Jay Cutler makes Eli look like an Einstein on the field plus Eli did win a super bowl.

16. Weapon X says: Apr 14, 2010 1:14 PM

Considering Eli and co. are the only ones to win a super bowl in this devision in the last 14 years maybe you all should worry about your own pathetic loser ridden teams.
    How is your 0 Super bowl wins treating you Eagles fans.
    And the last time the Redskins or Cowboys won a ring their coaches were still wearing tiger striped neon wind pants.

17. gallogj says: Apr 14, 2010 1:17 PM

————————————————–
    At least Forrest Gump could run fast!

18. BIG BLUE in tx says: Apr 14, 2010 1:46 PM

Stupid Eli Manning… Stupid Super Bowl MVP with a 9 figure contract!

19. BigBenBangedBarbisBackside says: Apr 14, 2010 2:10 PM

I remember the piece they did of him on Monday night football, or Sunday Night football…..coming back after season ending injury…THe guy is a stud, he will bounce back…but its healthy competition, and he needs to get this groove back, bottom line!

20. ForrestGump says: Apr 14, 2010 2:23 PM

# mama tried says: April 14, 2010 12:15 PM
    “Eli is the dumbest looking qb I’ve ever seen!”
    I think Romo would give him a run for the money.

21. myeaglescantwin says: Apr 14, 2010 2:32 PM

Giants got lucky the year they won the super bowl.
    1st off Dmac was out that entire year or else you wouldnt have been in the playoffs at all
    2nd -who single covers Plaxico inside the redzone, Beli-jerk shit the bed on that one
    3rd -your running game and D-line won you that championship.
    so i dont mind you rubbing our nose is shit with your superbowl victory. but dont be saying it was because of Eli’s terrific football skills
    I will admit—that play where Eli hit Tyree was insaine, from the scramble to the catch. That may have been the only thing that Eli has ever done to impress me.
    // The best thing to happen to the Eagles is the Giants signing Eli to that long term deal.

22. jkorn1818 says: Apr 14, 2010 3:08 PM

way to have a juicy headline and a nothing story..
    Eli Sucks!!!!! after the superbowl he has only thrown for 48 tds and 24 picks and over 4000 yds this season! Everyone’s eli sucks act is getting old. not to mention he was their best player last yr.
    Eagle fans are delusional, these are the same fans who are still claiming the phillies are better than the yankees even after a WS lost..the eagles are going to be awful this yr, no run game, no lb’s, no qb, one CB, zero safeties. the giants have gotten healthy and signed 2 strong safeties in addition to phillips coming back.

23. Weapon X says: Apr 14, 2010 4:12 PM

Silly Eagles fans you traded away the only reason you ever win a game in McNabb and think that its going to make you a power house. And forget about the Giants, you little birds are going to get swept by the entire NFC East.

24. tom coughlin's coat holder says: Apr 14, 2010 4:27 PM

@forrest…eli got a 39 on the wonderlic score,what did donovan get?probably didn’t get a score higher than your finger count.i believe that’s twelve when you live in the philadelphia area.

25. Occam says: Apr 14, 2010 6:07 PM

“Giants got lucky the year they won the super bowl…….-your running game and D-line won you that championship.”
    Wow. Sure was lucky the Giants decided to have a running game and defense that year. I’m surprised more teams don’t try it.