Jimmy Clausen passes on draft invitation to be with grandfather

Next week, 16 players will attend the NFL draft.  Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen was invited as well, and Clausen and multiple family members had planned to be present, but he had not committed.

We’re told that Clausen recently has decided not to attend, due to the fact that his grandfather, whose wife recently passed, was not able to make the trip to New York.  So instead the Clausen family will congregate in Palm Springs, where his grandfather currently resides.

Florida quarterback Tim Tebow also has been invited but has not yet made a decision on whether to attend.

54 responses to “Jimmy Clausen passes on draft invitation to be with grandfather

1. Tebow’s hoping someone close to him dies, so he can one-up Jimmy Clausen.
    Bastard, stealing the goodguy limelight for Timmy.

2. Family should always be first, shows Clausen has some character and priorities. That’s something the NFL is suddenly lacking. He’ll get his millions anyway and once drafted he won’t have much time for family. I applaud this.

3. Browns @ 7, then second round take Talyor Mays, Round 3 Chad Jones and Mardy Gilyard
    Go Browns

4. Family first. Good Kid.
    Tebow will probably stay with his family too, i dunno though, he might go to church

5. Thats adorable. Good little guy he is. That schoolboy crap dont work when Ray Lewis is chasing you down.

6. Jimmy doesn’t want people to see Jimmy getting all pissed off when Jimmy is sliding down the board.
    Jimmy doesn’t play that!

7. Jimmy’s not happy with that! Jimmy’s getting down about not being a top 5 pick. Jimmy’s stock is dropping! Jimmy’s not going to cut it in the NFL! Jimmy is looking down! Jimmy’s gonna get you Kramer!

8. How did you miss this lay-up for a “loving and caring” joke Florio? You boozin early this friday?

9. Tebow will attend outside, where he will picket the NFL with Westboro Baptist Church, on the grounds that at least one gay man has played in the NFL in it’s long history. So he’ll be out there calling everyone in the NFL a “bunch of fags.”

10. I can’t believe you wasted the time it took to type this up. Oh wait, it’s Florio. I guess I can believe it.

11. Whats up with all these guys not wanting to show up. I can understand if Tebow didn’t want to because his draft status is from 1-5th but Clausen,McClain who’s next. If they dont treat it as special people will start to not treat it as special.

12. I guess this makes Clausen “loving and caring” and therefore a bust, right Florio?

13. damn this is the only thing i’ve ever heard or seen from this guy that i like. keep it up james. you’re on a roll. that makes one.

14. Good for him , maybe the kid is not as big a D-bag as the media seems to make him out to be? We’ll see.

15. Jimmy’s gettin angry! hahaha good one. At least this way if he stays home he cant get punched in the face. Name me a QB from a major D1 college who wasn’t even cool on his own campus?!?!

16. Real classy using your recently widowed grandfather as an excuse to skip out on the embarrassment you would have endured had you had the cajones to show up in NYC.

17. You sick B*stards are the REAL reason this site is so popular 🙂 LOL. I love you guys.
    TFBuckFutter says: April 16, 2010 6:20 PM
    Tebow’s hoping someone close to him dies, so he can one-up Jimmy Clausen.

18. You sick B*stards are the REAL reason this site is so popular 🙂 LOL. I love you guys.
    TFBuckFutter says: April 16, 2010 6:20 PM
    Tebow’s hoping someone close to him dies, so he can one-up Jimmy Clausen.

19. Guess Jesus is taking his sweet time in answering Timmy’s messages…
    And Jimmy, good choice.

20. Good move. I can’t wait to see zero Ohio Suck University players drafted in the first round!

21. Wartooth says:
    April 16, 2010 6:35 PM
    Jimmy doesn’t play that!
    Bious says:
    April 16, 2010 8:10 PM
    Good decision b/c he could drop and have the camera on him all the time as he suffers
    The_Game_Esq says:
    April 16, 2010 7:57 PM
    Chapnasty2 says:
    April 16, 2010 7:09 PM
    Tebow doesn’t want to look like Brady Quinn, which he will, well into Saturday morning.
    funi says:
    April 16, 2010 6:40 PM
    Jimmy does not want to be like Brady Quinn at the draft when he falls to the 21st pick!
    ======================
    Wow, look at all the geniuses coming up with the same joke.
    I mean, you must just be trying to be funny (not so much) because unless you are completely out of touch, you know from previous posts here today and actual articles in real media outlets that no one except Todd McShay, who has a personal vendetta against him, is predicting a Clausen slide. In fact, when asked about the possibility of San Fran taking him at 13, every draft expert polled agreed he wouldn’t still be on the board.
    Nice try, though. I’m sure everyone else as stupid as you thought it was funny.

22. Laughing hard@ all the Squealers fans who are now crying at the mountain of Rapistberger threads piling up. You spanners were the 1st flies dining out on every spygate turd Florio dropped. Karma b1tches.

23. sad world we live in where people crack on a person (tebow) for standing up for his beliefs. at least he has enough guts and backbone unlike alot of people. what are you believing in?

24. Fonetik says:
    April 16, 2010 6:47 PM
    =================================
    Perhaps because it is a human interest story. It is related to a prominent draft prospect in the up-coming draft, and it is the kind of behind the scene news one can pick up with a single click on the P.F.T. Web Site.
    I swear to God. I think ESPN has sent a memo to every one of their (Herb Tarlek) like sales people selling advertising on ESPN Radio to troll this site and trash Florio.
    If you, and all the other trolls do not like this site why spend so much time bashing it with the usual counterfeit currency in a bankrupt vocabulary you try to pass off as a comment?
    Personally… I find Sports Center great… And P.F.T. great as well. Different news mediums, and both equally fantastic.
    I guess what I am trying to say is Shut Up… Take the best, and leave the rest, from everything in life.

25. Hey realitypolice — I mean Charlie Weis…When he ends up in Buffalo and has a mediocre career at best, make sure you’re remember how you felt a week before the 2010 draft.

26. Will probably move back into the top 20 with this decision.
    Who’s drafting at #18? Steelers just might want a ‘good guy’ image at the QB helm.

27. It’s a good choice for Jimmy Clausen but a bad choice for Tebow?
    0 comments about Sam Bradford
    1 comments about Colt McCoy
    9 comments about Tim Tebow
    Get real guys, get a new hobby other than on hating the best. Do you same 9 guys scream at the TV when LeBron puts up 40pts? I don’t get it, just keep sippin your Haterade and hope you’re favorite team starts winning soon. I guess the guy has to change his name to Tim Teford (Stafford, Bradford) to be able to picked top 10, because in reality if you have eyes you see what’s about to happen.
    As far as Jimmy Clausen, I’m not sure why he wouldn’t attend the NFL Draft (probably because the Mel Kiper’s of the world had this kid really believing he’s a top 10 pick). Clausen played well in HS, had 1 good year at Notre Dame but I wouldn’t take him first round for the fact he does not take over the football game and win. 0 winning seasons for Clausen, still undeniably talented. 2nd-3rd round talent.