More discussion of Tebow to Broncos

If Tim Tebow’s agent pretty much knows where the former Florida quarterback is going, and if Tebow’s dad is confident that his son will be a Top 15 pick, might the Denver Broncos, picking 11th, be the team to take him?

Mike Klis of the Denver Post writes that 11th overall would be too high for the Broncos to pick Tebow. But he adds that the Broncos just might take him, especially if they can engineer a trade that has them picking somewhere in the 20s.

Of course, if Tebow’s dad is right, he’ll be gone before a pick in the 20s. But the Broncos have been showing plenty of interest in Tebow lately, and the closer we get to the draft, the more that interest seems to increase.

That all sounds like Tebow. Does all this Tebow talk suggest that where there’s smoke there’s fire, or is this a smokescreen? We’ll find out in a few hours.

Permalink 52 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
52 Responses to “More discussion of Tebow to Broncos”
  1. funi says: Apr 22, 2010 4:58 PM

I said that in previous post! Tebow to Denver!

2. Skin_Flute says: Apr 22, 2010 4:59 PM

Oh God no. I could see McDaniels trading the 11, 43, and 45 picks along with Dumervil and Champ to Jax for the 10th pick so that he can take Timmy.

3. WarrenMoonGOAT says: Apr 22, 2010 5:00 PM

he’s going to jacksonville end of story no need to speculate anymore
    he’s probably staying at home in florida to watch it, that way he’ll be able to go to Jacksonville the next day with no delay and have a press conference

4. hardy_na says: Apr 22, 2010 5:00 PM

eff the Broncos. Another fast start than fizzle at the end to be .500 or below? McDaniels won his superbowl by beating the Pats last year.

5. Abe Froeman says: Apr 22, 2010 5:01 PM

So they traded one white FB to Browns and are now going to select another in the first round?
    Should have just kept Hillis and just sent him to Gruden’s QB camp.

6. superius says: Apr 22, 2010 5:02 PM

Broncos trade w/ Patriots for the 22nd pick plus other picks/player?

7. jb1996 says: Apr 22, 2010 5:02 PM

not if lions take suh then rams go tebow stupidly

8. Seeryer says: Apr 22, 2010 5:03 PM

If Rolando McClain is not taken by DEN at #11 I will be shocked.

9. Larry David says: Apr 22, 2010 5:03 PM

Didn’t they just trade for Brady Quinn to be Josh Mcdaniel’s pet project?

10. el_dude00 says: Apr 22, 2010 5:04 PM

As a Broncos fan that has been repeatedly kicked in the nuts repeatedly by this franchise, I would expect nothing less than selecting Tim Tebow instead of…oh I dunno a CENTER! Pouncey!
    PS: Happy B-Day Josh. Don’t draft drunk. Please.

11. filthymcnasty says: Apr 22, 2010 5:04 PM

I wouldn’t wish that on anyone…
    Mickey D is destroying that once great franchise with his unfounded ego.

12. Mean D says: Apr 22, 2010 5:05 PM

That would really piss off all of the Tebow haters.

13. Tdk24 says: Apr 22, 2010 5:06 PM

The coach is overrated, so he needs to do this for trading away all his good players and hope it works out for the best. Otherwise, it’s back to the pats with ya! Or worse, K.C.

14. robert ethan says: Apr 22, 2010 5:07 PM

Hey Florio,
    The inmates have taken over the institution here. Wtf are you doing at Radio City Music Hall, watching Cirque du Soleil?

15. noles426 says: Apr 22, 2010 5:08 PM

So the Broncos trade Cutler a year ago to go after Tebow this year?…man i hope McDaniels is a religious man cuz he is gonna need god on his side to keep his job if he does this.

16. BirdWeisErrr says: Apr 22, 2010 5:08 PM

Intelligent? I haven’t heard any rumors of teams being impressed with his intelligence.

17. anjelmanning says: Apr 22, 2010 5:09 PM

Oh man, Mc-D does that and picks Tebow @ 11th overall, and he makes the biggest splash of the draft… He might get ran out of Denver shortly after though. Crazy ass McD broncos.

18. antalicus says: Apr 22, 2010 5:10 PM

I think Dez Bryant makes more sense before they get Tebow, all things considered…

19. kev86 says: Apr 22, 2010 5:10 PM

Sounds like trade down to 15 (GMEN) would work here. Giants get McClain and Denver gets Tebow and an extra pick.

20. joe.attaboy says: Apr 22, 2010 5:12 PM

Smokescreen.
    He’s a second-rounder. I don’t care what his father says. Or his agent.

21. Bertil says: Apr 22, 2010 5:13 PM

He probably thinks HE developed Tom Brady into the QB he is today…
    That said, I’m sure that there are better rated College QB s (McCoy) that turn out to be worse Pro QB s than Tebow.

22. PittsburghSteelerz says: Apr 22, 2010 5:13 PM

McDaniels is a joke
    Just because you wear the hoodie doesn’t make you a winner

23. TominNH says: Apr 22, 2010 5:16 PM

Id be shocked if Tebow is a top 15 pick!

24. Rasta says: Apr 22, 2010 5:17 PM

I wish Tim Tebow all the luck in the upcoming draft and in the NFL. my very vocal complaint about him is that “I’m so blessed” crap that he spouts constently I am a closet Christian , I pray in secret, as Jesus advises and he hears me even though others can’t

25. house068 says: Apr 22, 2010 5:21 PM

Denver can trade down to 18 to Pittsburgh. Steelers take Joe Haden and Denver can pick Pouncey. Denver could then trade up with their second round pick and the Steelers third that they would have to give up for that kind of jump and then draft him at the end of the first.

26. Jon Snow says: Apr 22, 2010 5:22 PM

If I’ve said it once I’ve said it at least once before – how this plays out with Tebow will be the best indicator yet of not only McDaniel’s pre-draft strategy, but also his player grading scale & process.

27. John El Way says: Apr 22, 2010 5:22 PM

Oh gawd i’m praying he doesn’t!

28. magsdad1 says: Apr 22, 2010 5:23 PM

If we select Tebow in the first round (god forbid 11), I will stop rooting for the Denver Broncos, the only team I have rooted since 1983.
    No C on the roster, need at least one G, ILB, and, oh yeah, WR(!!!!!!!!!!!!), and you would go with Tebow. The only way you do this is if an additional 1st came to you, which WILL NOT HAPPEN.
    I will burn my memorabilia in my back yard and put it on YouTube. More to follow…

29. Uncle Rico says: Apr 22, 2010 5:23 PM

Tebow at 11 (let alone anywhere in the 1st rd.) should get McDaniels fired on the spot. But McDaniels shill Mike Klis would probably praise such a move citing McDaniels boldness and out of the box thinking.

30. realitypolice says: Apr 22, 2010 5:24 PM

Who’s Tim Tebow?

31. doni says: Apr 22, 2010 5:25 PM

I have had the opportunity to watch Tebow in every game in which he has played for the past three years. Whatever team drafts this young man will definitely improve their roster. Good luck Tim!

32. DB26 says: Apr 22, 2010 5:27 PM

If only Darren Sharper got that much love…. But, no love is being shown to Sharper. I am sure he would appreciate McDaniels as a coach, as he loves all the love he can get.
    Love the article by the way!

33. steelcity79 says: Apr 22, 2010 5:28 PM

Lets all bow our heads and say grace…..Tim please lead the prayer.
    That’s what this Gibroni is going to be good for. There are GM’s that say he shouldn’t even be drafted, now I think that a bit unrealistice, but c’mon top 15 pick….lol
    Take him Mcdaniels and the both of you can go to Sunday school together.

34. Cincinnasty says: Apr 22, 2010 5:31 PM

Denver has enough high round draft picks the should be in a good position in a couple years to make a Super Bowl run.. This pick would be plain stupid in the first round..

35. Brewster says: Apr 22, 2010 5:32 PM

“According to Klis, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels would love to make a bold move, would love a quarterback who’s at least 6-foot-3, comfortable in the shotgun and a proven winner, would love an intelligent, high-character player, would love a passer he can develop as a project, and would love someone who can help the Broncos’ offense in short-yardage situations.”
    ___________
    Perhaps McMoron likes intelligent players because he doesn’t seem to exhibit much intelligence himself when it comes to drafting.
    If he takes Tebow it will be his 4th QB acquisition, Orton, Brandstatter, Quinn & perhaps Tebow, in less than a year after running Cutler out of town.
    I wouldn’t characterize this as a bold move, perhaps a stupid move is a better description since he’s once again ignoring areas of need to “reach” for a player he likes ala Moreno last year.
    The reason the Broncos need help in short yardage situations is that Moreno can’t get the tough yards. And don’t blame last year’s offensive line. They opened holes for 7 different RB’s in Shanahan’s last year who averaged 4.8 yards per carry vs Moreno’s 3.5 last year.
    Call in FEMA now Josh is a human drafting disaster.

36. BroncFanOr says: Apr 22, 2010 5:33 PM

God some of you people are STUPID. This franchise has been on the decline for YEARS. McDaniels is trying to fix all of the problems Shanahan created with his lousy drafts. Denver is NOT taking Tebow at 11.

37. Scoop says: Apr 22, 2010 5:43 PM

Hey, Magsdad1, don’t let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. You wont be missed.

38. Anybodyhome says: Apr 22, 2010 5:44 PM

“… a proven winner, would love an intelligent, high-character player, would love a passer he can develop as a project, and would love someone who can help the Broncos’ offense in short-yardage situations.”
    First of all, he hasn’t proven dick in the NFL. Second, this is the first I’ve heard of his “intelligence” following a 22 of 50 on his Wonderlic…
    Joshie could find himself coaching the Raiders if he uses a first round pick on a 3rd round talent…

39. TheOne says: Apr 22, 2010 5:46 PM

I think Tebow is going to the Seahawks. Remember, they have 2 1st round picks. I think their 6th pick will go to Dez Bryant, and their 14th pick will be Tim Tebow.

40. West TX says: Apr 22, 2010 5:58 PM

Denver takes Texas FS Earl Thomas with #11. When #21 is called, trade is announced. Cincinnati will trade #21 and #54 to Denver for Earl Thomas. With #21 Denver selects Florida QB Tim Tebow. You heard it here first.

41. CrackerJackson says: Apr 22, 2010 6:05 PM

Brocs will trade out with Philly….unless they get him with #24 (still too high) ain’t gonna happen.

42. Pantherfan10 says: Apr 22, 2010 6:10 PM

Yeah top 15 in the 3rd round…

43. wrath4771 says: Apr 22, 2010 6:15 PM

I don’t see at #11 you take Tebow over Claussen if both are available. Whether you like Claussen or not, he’s light years ahead of Tebow in terms of being ready. If Tebow is the pick at #11, Bowlen has to fire everyone. You just have to.

44. Thor says: Apr 22, 2010 6:19 PM

McDaniels is an idiot, so this actually makes a lot of sense. I’m shocked Pat Bowlen is allowing this, though.

45. Dogsweat says: Apr 22, 2010 6:20 PM

TEBOW is worth a pick.
    Yes, he is worth a pick, he may be a little im-mature, but he is worth a pick.
    Jacksonville will be that pick.
    Politics always rule!!!!

46. TheWizard says: Apr 22, 2010 6:24 PM

God some of you people are STUPID.
    Beat me to it. Get the anti McDaniels and Tebow dick envy crowd together, and it’s an orgy of disfunctionalism.

47. smithopher says: Apr 22, 2010 6:31 PM

I would not be surprised if he wasn’t even there at 10. I could see the Bills taking Tebow. They need at least one winner on that team. Plus Chan Gailey likes running spread offenses.

48. savagenation says: Apr 22, 2010 6:35 PM

# Rasta says: April 22, 2010 5:17 PM
    ……He’s an open Christian you “Rasta” welfare abusing loser. Don’t hate because someone has morals and accountability. Go bow to Obama and practice your spelling “constently”. Ah, the wonders of public schools

49. Neoplatonist Bolthead says: Apr 22, 2010 6:51 PM

And the Lord shall offer forth His lamb, and yeah, the San Diego linebackers shall feast of his flesh.
    Please, please let it be sad-but-true!

50. BonnieD says: Apr 22, 2010 7:07 PM

He’s going to the Jags. Hometown team. I agree with whoever posted previously saying that’s why he stayed home.

51. Andy says: Apr 22, 2010 7:15 PM

What is this?!? Get off McDaniels’ back and let him draft the way he sees fit.
    I see the Broncos trading down and taking Dez Bryant/Weatherspoon/Pouncey, before packaging the two 2nd’s to get back into the 1st round.
    If they take Tebow, then so be it. I’m all for it.

52. CKL says: Apr 23, 2010 2:49 AM

CrackerJackson says:
    April 22, 2010 6:05 PM
    ____________________________________
    I’m listening to this dude from now on. Uncanny. All you missed was the additional step down from 24 to 25. Good call.