Report: Giants secure C.J. Spiller's cell number

Uh-oh.  Brandon Jacobs is gonna be pissed.

Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports that the Giants have asked running back C.J. Spiller for his phone number.

Unless they want to ask him out on a date, the only explanation is that they want to be ready to tell him that they’ll be drafting him.

Though the Giants have shown no outward interest in Spiller, there’s a belief that they could be in play.  As yours truly pointed out last night on SNY’s Loudmouths with Adam Schein and Chris Carlin, the Giants may have to move up a bit to get him.

We’re also told that, during Spiller’s Wednesday New York tour on behalf of Subway (eat fresh, bitches), he was repeatedly told by Giants fans that they want the local team that has fallen out of the limelight thanks to Gang Green to draft him.

Permalink 55 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
55 Responses to “Report: Giants secure C.J. Spiller's cell number”
  1. chc4 says: Apr 22, 2010 9:19 AM

Funny stuff. I’m sure multiple teams have CJ’s cell number and I’m sure the Giants have “secured” a number of them as well. Non-story.

2. Dick Buttkiss says: Apr 22, 2010 9:24 AM

Glad to see the Giants are proactively addressing their needs to stop the run . . .

3. buckeye044 says: Apr 22, 2010 9:26 AM

Yeah, like they don’t have a list of phone numbers for all available players.
    Please only report real news. Don’t put things out there just to fill space.

4. -DG says: Apr 22, 2010 9:26 AM

I still have a feeling that the Dolphins will take Spiller. Williams is getting older, and Brown is coming off an injury, and both are on the last year of their deal. Henne/Marshall/Spiller would make for a decent threat for the next 3-5 years.

5. Meldog says: Apr 22, 2010 9:27 AM

eat fresh, bitches?
    LOL, you must be excited for draft day.

6. NY COWBOY says: Apr 22, 2010 9:28 AM

C.J. Spiller won’t even come close to their pick.

7. realitypolice says: Apr 22, 2010 9:28 AM

Maybe they just think he’s cute.

8. beer_beer_beer_beer says: Apr 22, 2010 9:28 AM

So this was the only phone number they’ve secured?

9. Levito says: Apr 22, 2010 9:29 AM

I thought the Giants might pick Spiller if McClain is already off the board, but now that Vacchiano has stated the Giants have Spiller’s number, I’m not so sure. Why would they tell Ralph they have Spiller’s number if they did? They didn’t have Spiller in for a pre-draft visit, so if they were trying to be coy about it, not telling Vacchiano would be a smart move. I think they’re just putting out info to keep people confused.
    I’m pretty sure the Giants would take any of McClain, Morgan or Dan Williams before Spiller if any of them were available.

10. Krow says: Apr 22, 2010 9:29 AM

Smoke and mirrors… we have much bigger and more pressing needs than a 3rd down back/return specialist.

11. mojomnky says: Apr 22, 2010 9:29 AM

not if the patriots get to him first!

12. Bwa Ha Ha says: Apr 22, 2010 9:30 AM

When you mentioned cell number, I assumed the worst, thinking he might know Plax, at a personal level.
    Really Florio, these confusing headlines need work

13. GoBrowns19 says: Apr 22, 2010 9:31 AM

“Eat fresh, bitches”
    You’re getting funnier and funnier as the draft looms Florio. You’re speaking to your audience!

14. 1of40000 says: Apr 22, 2010 9:31 AM

This is a joke right? I worked as an intern for an NFL team. It’s a regular part of the process. At most (and this isn’t even necessarily true), all it means is that they haven’t taken him off the board. I would bet they have Sam Bradford’s number too.

15. Dfinfan says: Apr 22, 2010 9:32 AM

They better jump the dolphins to get him!!! Watch!!!

16. BillsFan27 says: Apr 22, 2010 9:32 AM

Draft well, bitches.

17. JME says: Apr 22, 2010 9:33 AM

Brandon Jacobs needs to STFU. I hate the Giants, but CJ Spiller is gonna be a beast in this league, although not as good as Jahvid Best… write that down

18. Krow says: Apr 22, 2010 9:33 AM

And we love being out of the limelight. I don’t care if they ever write another story about us… or ever schedule another MNF game… or Thanksgiving… or Europe… whatever. Focus on the Jets and leave us alone. Please stop this sort of bulls’hit. Giant fans don’t care what the Jets do or don’t do. They’re just another team in the AFC to us. Make up another fake story… seriously… good luck to them.

19. Brian says: Apr 22, 2010 9:34 AM

Funny… when Dallas asks for a player’s Cell number, it has nothing to do with a phone.

20. Jagmankane says: Apr 22, 2010 9:34 AM

Trade up with the Jags. Cuz Spiller isn’t making it past the Seahawks second pick.

21. Dfinfan says: Apr 22, 2010 9:34 AM

They better jump the dolphins to get him!!! Watch!!!

22. Bob S. says: Apr 22, 2010 9:37 AM

smokescreen

23. myeaglescantwin says: Apr 22, 2010 9:40 AM

really dude?
    giants S stinky D’s

24. Nick says: Apr 22, 2010 9:40 AM

you’re a little late Florio…this was in Wednesday mornings Daily News. Reporting fail

25. Bun McSticky says: Apr 22, 2010 9:40 AM

That is adorable….a possible second date on the horizon? Somewhere nice I bet.

26. footballformula says: Apr 22, 2010 9:41 AM

On Draft Day this is all you can come up with?
    Non-story.
    By the way, the Giants have my cell phone number too. (and my $5k for a PSL)

27. tamparays2010 says: Apr 22, 2010 9:42 AM

Brandon, for your girlfriends sake I hope you hit the hole harder with her than you do in the games. Because, for such a big guy you really come off as a limp dick on Sundays. Time for an upgrade NY.

28. evilboy128 says: Apr 22, 2010 9:44 AM

Um, he’s sick. My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with the girl who saw Brandon Jacobs pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess their pretty serious about drafting Spiller.

29. Popeye says: Apr 22, 2010 9:45 AM

Spiller is over rated anyway. I hope the giants draft him…..

30. Kirmie says: Apr 22, 2010 9:46 AM

I hear they were planning to give it to Ochocinco as a joke.

31. It puts the lotion on the skin says: Apr 22, 2010 9:47 AM

Here is some reading comprehension for you all, the story isnt that they got his number, the story is the Brandon Jacobs is a whiney bitch, and this is going to make him whine some more……

32. Shuttlecock says: Apr 22, 2010 9:47 AM

Eat fresh, bitches?
    So, instead of Big Ben shots, you entice your women with $5 Footlongs?

33. 123456 says: Apr 22, 2010 9:47 AM

That’s exactly what the Giants need to assure a 4 win season….anther RB.
    LOL

34. Hauschild says: Apr 22, 2010 9:48 AM

How many times do you people have to be duped before you catch on???
    Ya’ll ether gluttons or idiots.

35. ArtModellsPimp says: Apr 22, 2010 9:49 AM

That headline read like they were going to visit him in jail…

36. Nevisyakker says: Apr 22, 2010 9:49 AM

Now if they had secured J Lo’s cell number THEN I’d be impressed. As for C.J. Spiller, I would think any NFL team could contact his agent and they would give out the cell #, his email, his present where abouts, his plans for the evening, and what he had for breakfast that day.

37. LionsFan-StopLaughing says: Apr 22, 2010 9:56 AM

Is this the ONLY number they have secured, because if that is the case I would say the Giants are more stupid than I thought…but hey, I’m a Lions fan.

38. jj jones says: Apr 22, 2010 9:59 AM

Jacksonville at 10 will trade down. Call Gene Smith too.

39. BigBear123 says: Apr 22, 2010 10:05 AM

Working on a Subway endorsement?
    Someone needs to take over for Jared, he’s too funny looking.

40. WarrenMoonGOAT says: Apr 22, 2010 10:20 AM

i thought they were going to draft Dez Bryant

41. ShockAndAwe09NYG! says: Apr 22, 2010 10:30 AM

The Dolphins would be out of there minds not to take a Defensive player!
    The Giants should only trade up if hes available after the Dolphins, because anything other then moving up two slots is too pricey in my opinion.
    I think if they trade there 1st and 4th to the 49ers for there 13 pick we should take CJ Spiller then move Osi to STL for the 33 overall pick and try to get DT Linval Joseph and Rodger Saffold with the 33 and 46 pick in the second round.
    ONLY TRADE UP FOR SPILLER NO ONE ELSE! but as for asking for his number…..that doesnt mean anything!

42. tryfuhl says: Apr 22, 2010 10:33 AM

eat fresh, bitches?
    LOL, you must be excited for draft day.
    ——
    not too often I actually get a laugh out of football news haha

43. Krow says: Apr 22, 2010 10:39 AM

“I know the Jets have eclipsed you guys in talent and relevance…..but that’s no reason to stop trying.”
    No… we don’t care. Stop pretending we do. And stop defining yourselves in terms of us. Find your own identity.

44. Duck Fallas says: Apr 22, 2010 11:11 AM

Brian says:
    April 22, 2010 9:34 AM
    ==============================
    It’s funny because it’s true. Also, as I’ve asserted numerous times, Brandon Jacobs will do nothing this year.

45. GreenAsGrass says: Apr 22, 2010 11:17 AM

Krow if the Jets are irrelevant to you as a NYG fan, then why did you even bother to mention the Jets in your post? No other Giants fan mentioned the Jets. Florio’s point at end of his post was lost and forgotten until you brought it up.
    As it were I agree with your stance as a fan, and as a diehard Jets fan I truly only care about Fish, Pats, Colts news that’s it.

46. themage78 says: Apr 22, 2010 11:19 AM

123456 says:
    April 22, 2010 9:47 AM
    That’s exactly what the Giants need to assure a 4 win season….anther RB.
    LOL
    ————————————————-
    By Talent and Relevance do you mean criminal convictions and # of baby mommas? Cause yeah the Jets sure do have one up on us on that. Oh btw Jets fan, do you remember last season when all you did was lean on your RBs to take you to the playoffs? (and having the Colts and Bengals lay down for you) We didn’t even have a 1000 yard rusher and if our defense didn’t crap out in some close games (San Diego) we might’ve been playoff bound last season.

47. anjelmanning says: Apr 22, 2010 11:21 AM

Why are the first few comments always trash? This is what makes PFT the best NFL site ever, little tid-bit stories like these ones. The retarded part is, you have the people who complain about ESPN because they cram certain stories down your throat, and then you got the dimwits here who look for any reason to bash Florio and this site. The World Has Too Many Haters.

48. scrapdawg12 says: Apr 22, 2010 11:26 AM

Maybe their planning to prank call him

49. Krow says: Apr 22, 2010 11:37 AM

“Krow if the Jets are irrelevant to you as a NYG fan, then why did you even bother to mention the Jets in your post? No other Giants fan mentioned the Jets. ”
    Honestly… I don’t have any bad will against the Jets. ‘Go New York’ and all that. But an awful lot of Jet fans hate the Giants… and it’s always puzzled me since we really aren’t on-the-field rivals… and have very little common history. But I do get your point… perhaps I’m getting too sensitive.

50. Adam says: Apr 22, 2010 11:49 AM

1st round McClain
    2nd round RB/DT

51. It puts the lotion on the skin says: Apr 22, 2010 12:00 PM

Krow says: April 22, 2010 11:37 AM
    “…perhaps I’m getting too sensitive. ”
    _________________________________
    Are you that whiney bitch Giants fan that Tosh.O gave a web redemption to…? LMFAO

52. GreenAsGrass says: Apr 22, 2010 12:03 PM

Krow – same exact situation in Mets fans vs. Yankee fans and I would imagine Cubs vs. White Sox. People especially talk show hosts like Fatty Francessa get everyone stirred up by which teams “owns” the city. In NY its the Yankees and the Giants according to fatty.

53. tom coughlin's coat holder says: Apr 22, 2010 1:07 PM

@green as grass…please!!!!! fatty francessa is the smartest man in the room,just ask him.talk about a guy with a high opinion of himself,whew.

54. GreenAsGrass says: Apr 22, 2010 2:17 PM

Right coat holder. Fatty is also known by his other name “Mike Fran-says-so”.
    I look forward to my drive home early evenings and switching on the Mad Dog on XM radio, so much better content, and he respects the fans 1000 times more than Fatty does.

55. 123456 says: Apr 22, 2010 3:32 PM

# Krow says:
    _________________________________________
    What a whiny c-word you are.
    You and big blew are drawn to Jets news stories like retarded moths to a flame but the second someone responds in kind….you freaking cry.
    No wonder Giants fans are considered the biggest bitches in the NFL, do you guys ever not have sand in your vaginas?