Bucs build defensive line with Brian Price

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers weren’t done bolstering their defensive line when they selected Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy with the third pick in the NFL draft on Thursday night. The Bucs took another defensive tackle on Friday night, selecting UCLA’s Brian Price.

A 6-foot-1, 303-pounder, Price started 30 games in three seasons at UCLA before leaving early for the NFL. With the Bruins he had the strength to clog the middle of the line, although some observers thought he took too many plays off.

The hope in Tampa Bay is that in McCoy and Price, they have their two starting defensive tackles for years to come. If they do, 2010 will have been a successful draft no matter what happens in the next five rounds.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Top Stories
7 Responses to “Bucs build defensive line with Brian Price”
  1. simeon_97 says: Apr 23, 2010 6:30 PM

RECEIVERS, DRAFT A RECEIVER

2. biggdogg463 says: Apr 23, 2010 6:35 PM

Had my doubts with raheem at first but with Freeman giving us a franchise QB and now Price to go with McCoy Im freaking stoked with the direction my team is going. Go Bucs!

3. TFBuckFutter says: Apr 23, 2010 6:37 PM

Is anyone else surprised the Bucs didn’t trade all their picks from rounds 1-6 for later picks in the 7th?
    They could save a lot of money doing that.

4. Bucforever says: Apr 23, 2010 6:53 PM

What a rush!! I mean a PASS RUSH. WOW!! We may really be rebuilding this thing. GO BUCS!

5. Profanity in ALL CAPS says: Apr 23, 2010 7:13 PM

I like what they did. very smart

6. Gavin's Dad says: Apr 23, 2010 7:17 PM

Another good move by the Bucs to snag a solid lineman. And snagging Benn later is also a huge upgrade in an area that’s hurt us of late.
    Some chumps whine about the Bucs being cheap, but building thru the draft (vs. mercenaries and has beens) is a wise approach to future success.
    To the haters: a two step suggestion: sit down and shut up… :-)

7. TFBuckFutter says: Apr 23, 2010 7:55 PM

Gavin’s Dad, For the record, I’m not a hater. I’m actually a very fairweather Bucs fan. I’m not FROM Tampa, but I’ve lived in the area for about 10 years, so they are my second favorite team. I enjoy watching them when they do well, but when they are shit, I’d rather the games just be blocked out.
    But I still follow them, and I also enjoy making fun of them when they are dysfunctional.
    Hell, I may still have my Dilfer jersey somewhere.