Jaguars want Sean Lee, may trade John Henderson

J. Henderson.jpgIt wasn’t so long ago when the Jaguars were defined by big uglies Marcus Stroud and John Henderson.  Stroud is now gone, and Henderson may not be far behind.

Vito Stellino of the Florida Times-Union writes that the Jaguars intend to deal “Big John” in an effort to move back into the second round and take Penn State linebacker Sean Lee.

Well, that’s a rather specific rumor.

Asked about trading Henderson, G.M. Gene Smith said, “We’ll listen to what anybody has to say. We’ll have dialogue with
teams.”

We doubt Henderson will get Jacksonville a second round pick, but it does sound he will get his face slapped in a new city next year.  For better or worse, the Jaguars may now be defined by their new defensive tackle: Tyson Alualu.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Draft, Jacksonville Jaguars, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
19 Responses to “Jaguars want Sean Lee, may trade John Henderson”
  1. flip flip flipadelphia says: Apr 23, 2010 4:18 PM

Jags must not really want Sean Lee, or else I don’t see them announcing it to the whole NFL… Just another typical smokescreen. But, I am ok with all the smoke screens, it provides a little more excitement.
    The only thing I don’t like about the draft now is that they show who the team is picking before R.G. announces it. Like the tebow pick would have been more suprising if they didn’t show him talking and smiling on the phone before hand…. Anyone else have a problem with that??

2. jj jones says: Apr 23, 2010 4:19 PM

When Henderson’s motor is running full speed, he can be unblockable. I will never forget him getting three sacks on Donovan McNabb in his first NFL game. The last time McNabb got hit so hard in the humid Florida air that he puked on the field. If we can get a third for him, I would be happy.

3. bigbluefla says: Apr 23, 2010 4:19 PM

They better pick ahead of the Giants

4. flip flip flipadelphia says: Apr 23, 2010 4:20 PM

I wouldn’t mind eagles giving up their 2nd 2nd rounder for john henderson, or even our 37th for henderson and a 3rd.
    I’d like to see them get a safety in the draft (just like everyone else, I was very suprised to see them pass on earl thomas) But I’m not completely sold on taylor mays

5. DCJeff says: Apr 23, 2010 4:22 PM

This guy has some gas in the tank left. Would be a good pick up for a team on the verge.

6. Seeryer says: Apr 23, 2010 4:31 PM

Maybe John Henderson, Reggie Nelson and a 5th rounder for a second round pick. If that is the case the Safety from USF is the most likely target. I am sure they love Sean Lee but I hope they don’t love him so much they get rid of next year’s first or second.

7. Stone says: Apr 23, 2010 4:31 PM

@flip flip flipadelphia
    Couldn’t agree more. Very anticlimactic and the NFL needs to shut this down on their own network and on ESPN. Stop ruining the suspense.
    And regarding this rumor, as a Giants fan me no like! Sean Lee needs to be there for the Giants damn it!

8. Strahan92 says: Apr 23, 2010 4:35 PM

Hopefully the Giants get either Spikes or Lee & Kirk Morrison

9. billsfanaddict says: Apr 23, 2010 4:41 PM

that video is awesome, i always liked big john, now i like him more

10. SaveTheRaiders says: Apr 23, 2010 4:46 PM

It’s Tyson AlualU not Aluala…

11. *Legion* says: Apr 23, 2010 4:57 PM

They might not get a 2nd for Henderson, but if they get something like a 3rd, they could use it with another pick or picks to trade their way into round 2.

12. Jeff Smith says: Apr 23, 2010 5:00 PM

Big John has done a lot for the Jags over the years. If he is traded, we Jag fans wish him well.
    I think a 3rd round pick is possible, not a 2nd.

13. SJsports66 says: Apr 23, 2010 5:10 PM

@flip
    I wholeheartedly agree. I said that in one of my posts earlier, it just takes all the surprise and fun out of everything.
    flip, flip, flipadelphia…one of my fav episodes by far.

14. WarrenMoonGOAT says: Apr 23, 2010 5:12 PM

flip flip flipadelphia says:
    yea mane your right, it kills the whole suspense of it

15. mos says: Apr 23, 2010 5:13 PM

@flip
    Yes – it kind of sucks. However, that is today’s media. It isn’t going to change anytime soon, especially with espn and the nfl network competing to get the word out first.

16. kcchief says: Apr 23, 2010 5:13 PM

YES!!! Don’t show ‘em until after the pick. Go back and show their expression while we are waiting for the next pick instead of 10 minutes explaining who the next pick might be.

17. DonkeyRider says: Apr 23, 2010 5:32 PM

You hit it on the head there flip. With an expanded green room and cameras at all the watch parties, it completely ruins the suspense of the announcement. I think that there is too much importance placed on having the information as soon as possible in regards to the pick.
    How much more exciting would the draft be if we didn’t know who the pick was until he came out from behind the curtain?

18. joetoronto says: Apr 23, 2010 5:33 PM

He’s exactly what the Raiders need.

19. sniperhare says: Apr 23, 2010 5:54 PM

Henderson could give a team 3-4 years of consistent play, he’s much more durable than Stroud who got us a 3rd and 5th.