Tim Tebow Broncos jersey sure to be a huge seller

Even if Tim Tebow spends the 2010 season standing on the sidelines holding a clipboard, his Denver Broncos jersey could easily be the best-selling piece of NFL apparel this year.

Although the Broncos haven’t said what number he’ll wear, Tebow jerseys are already selling for $79.99 (half the price of Tebow’s autograph) at NFLShop.com. And if there’s any doubt about how much demand there is for Tebow jerseys, consider that “Tim Tebow Broncos jersey” is currently the sixth most-searched term on Google.

No matter what kind of NFL player Tebow turns out to be, he’s already got an enormous fan base fom his college football career at Florida, and many of those fans would continue to support him no matter where he played in the NFL.

Now that those fans know which NFL team Tebow is playing for, they’re ready to wear their fandom on their backs.

Permalink 53 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
53 Responses to “Tim Tebow Broncos jersey sure to be a huge seller”
  1. Big Stretch says: Apr 23, 2010 11:26 AM

It must have been divine intervention that TeBlow went to Denver because now he is one mile closer to heaven.

2. BaltimoreRavens says: Apr 23, 2010 11:26 AM

the main reason McDaniels picked him….aka the Michael Vick approach (pick up a guy to sell jerseys)

3. DonTerrelli says: Apr 23, 2010 11:27 AM

and Brady Quinn gets scratched again

4. CleanSlaton says: Apr 23, 2010 11:27 AM

5. ninjapleazee says: Apr 23, 2010 11:27 AM

God will buy them

6. js136202 says: Apr 23, 2010 11:28 AM

My Brady Quinn spoof rag is starting to get crusty and stale, I’ll wait a year or two and pick up a Tebow one at a flea market once it’s down to $3.99.

7. gooselife says: Apr 23, 2010 11:29 AM

at least he doesn’t have to pay brandon marshall to wear “15″ :)

8. the_firm_09 says: Apr 23, 2010 11:30 AM

Good for Denver , they need someone who can sell a jersey . Those Elway jerseys are getting outdated .

9. homercles82 says: Apr 23, 2010 11:30 AM

I am all over the orange jersey.

10. srphoenix says: Apr 23, 2010 11:32 AM

already bought mine in Orange, huge huge fan of the pick!

11. robert ethan says: Apr 23, 2010 11:33 AM

Deliver us from Goodell and lead us not unto suspension.

12. eballa1 says: Apr 23, 2010 11:33 AM

If its #15, people can just hang onto their Brandon Marshall jerseys

13. beer_beer_beer_beer says: Apr 23, 2010 11:34 AM

“Tim Tebow Broncos jersey sure to be a huge seller”
    how long did it take you to figure this out?

14. cjgator says: Apr 23, 2010 11:35 AM

With no more Marshall, #15 is available.

15. Occam says: Apr 23, 2010 11:35 AM

And in the midst of the seven candlesticks, one like unto the great Tebow, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. Or something.

16. Mavix says: Apr 23, 2010 11:36 AM

I think many will adding a letter “L & S” in the name.
    TebLowS

17. mybuddyandme says: Apr 23, 2010 11:37 AM

why would the 4th string qb sell a huge amount of jerseys?

18. Other Bears says: Apr 23, 2010 11:38 AM

Yeah – so was the Rex Grossman jersey. What’s better than 3 okay to average QBs? 4 okay to average QBs! I love the trainwreck that is Josh McDaniels. Even with the Bears O-line woes and Cutler’s gunslingin’, the smart money is on the Bears passing game being better than the Broncos.
    I love this game.

19. John El Way says: Apr 23, 2010 11:38 AM

Man this sux!

20. Brewster says: Apr 23, 2010 11:41 AM

Retail apparel sales in Colorado Springs should increase by 25% or more.

21. ChicagoJo says: Apr 23, 2010 11:43 AM

Big Stretch says:
    lol that’s priceless. kudos

22. Mean D says: Apr 23, 2010 11:45 AM

Hey Big Stretch, that’s already been said about 15 times. Think of something original, turd.

23. Sid Bream's Moustache says: Apr 23, 2010 11:46 AM

I already ordered mine (Dark blue)
    I vote with my dollars, and I support Denver taking Tim. Best pick of the draft.

24. RuggSkins says: Apr 23, 2010 11:55 AM

Maybe in Florida… but NOT in Denver! McDaniels isn’t long for the Broncos!

25. UGLY HEAD says: Apr 23, 2010 11:58 AM

I just ordered a Jersey I will be able to rock for 10 years SSSSSSSSSsUUUUUUUUUUuHHHHH

26. CYGNUS X-1 says: Apr 23, 2010 12:01 PM

well now you will have something else to bash him over,and guess what the more you hammer the guy the more people like me will like and root for him even harder and I don’t even like the broncos. we get the point already you guys at pft and all the experts don’t think he will make it,fine but must you pick apart everything the guy does and bash it?seriously the worst thing you can come up with him is he charged big bucks for his autograph?what he is not allowed to make money off his name after florida and the ncaa did for 4 years?I know florio has made it his life’s work to find every flaw he can in players but untill he beats his girfriend,gets popped for a dui,or does drugs how about leaving him alone and letting him try and make it without all the abuse?just because he is not a tree hugging liberal hippie in his beliefs does not make him a bad guy or mean he won’t make it as nfl qb.

27. el_dude00 says: Apr 23, 2010 12:01 PM

I’ll hang it in my closet next to my Sam Bowie, Jamarcus Russell, David Carr, and Greg Oden Jerseys. -Cleanslaton
    Hilarious!!!

28. cbrianwatkins says: Apr 23, 2010 12:04 PM

no denver fans will be buying it, just Tebow fans

29. Big Stretch says: Apr 23, 2010 12:05 PM

Hey mean D i know it’s been said before it’s not a very hard thought to come by for most people ….jerkoff.
    You must be a TeBLOW fan.

30. soundmind says: Apr 23, 2010 12:06 PM

As a Chiefs fan, I completely support this draft selection.
    I also fully support Tim’s coming out of the closet this preseason.

31. AllThat says: Apr 23, 2010 12:10 PM

There is no #. It just says GOD on the back…

32. BroncFanOr says: Apr 23, 2010 12:12 PM

I don’t get why people continue to bash on his beliefs. Does it really hurt you that much or do you feel guilty about how you live your own lives so you need to bash on him?

33. tap2900 says: Apr 23, 2010 12:19 PM

Does the jersey come with a free clipboard and headset?

34. Yash says: Apr 23, 2010 12:21 PM

LOL @ Big Stretch. well played.

35. AD4MVP says: Apr 23, 2010 12:24 PM

If Broncos fans are smart they will wait until he changes numbers to his TE position. This is going to go down as the worst draft by any team more than likely…pass on Bryant and Clausen who will both outperform the fools the drafted.

36. florio's_mom says: Apr 23, 2010 12:24 PM

In other news……The sun is bright.

37. JetsFan80 says: Apr 23, 2010 12:33 PM

I’ve always wanted a jersey of a 3rd string QB.

38. rydendonkeys says: Apr 23, 2010 12:34 PM

his belief in imaginary friends that use magic powers to make him a better football player, yeah, that’s not a problem…..

39. BleedPhillyGreen says: Apr 23, 2010 12:41 PM

In Denver, Tim Tebow has relations with, and knocks up, Kobe Bryant’s jump-off. The two decide to abort the baby and Tebow is found dead 1 week later — murdered by his own mother for “not giving his baby the chance that she gave him.”

40. Midway Monster says: Apr 23, 2010 12:42 PM

Do they come with wings attached?

41. A.B. Heemoth says: Apr 23, 2010 12:51 PM

I just ask the NFL not to confuse Tebow w/ Timmy from South Park.

42. God's Own Silver and Blue says: Apr 23, 2010 12:52 PM

“Tebow jerseys are already selling for $79.99 (half the price of Tebow’s autograph) at NFLShop.com.”
    And the best part? These jerseys will still be carbon-dated and argued about by scholars in Turin even after Tebow’s football career is over.

43. TheRedBengal says: Apr 23, 2010 12:55 PM

I just ordered 10 tebow jerseys, and I don’t even like the guy!

44. va4favre says: Apr 23, 2010 1:01 PM

I do think the Tebow jerseys will be huge sellers, and may finally knock off Brett Favre’s as the number one seller. A record Brett has held for years. I wonder, however, if he will ever have Brett’s career? Don’t forget, Brady Quinn had a big following that disappeared quickly along with his endorsements.

45. toe-to-toe bird law says: Apr 23, 2010 1:07 PM

I think more teams should base their draft choices on guys with good character and work ethic, instead of focusing on talent, prospective ability, physical attributes and team needs. I still never understood why Rudy Ruettiger wasn’t drafted 1st overall in 1976. I mean, he had twice the work ethic as Vince Vaughn.

46. TheOne says: Apr 23, 2010 1:10 PM

I love Tim Tebow and I was going to buy his jersey until he went to the Broncos…it didnt matter what team I was going to buy not besides the Broncos and well he ended up with them so no jersey for me. I hate the Broncos!!!

47. Other Bears says: Apr 23, 2010 2:19 PM

tap2900 says:
    April 23, 2010 12:19 PM
    Does the jersey come with a free clipboard and headset?
    —————————
    Ah don’t care who y’are, that’s funny raht theyre.

48. Gam(e)_is_on says: Apr 23, 2010 2:27 PM

Drafting Tebow is equal to the David Beckham signing with the LA Galaxy a few years ago
    Its a profit driven business decision that will be a financial success no matter how Tebow fares in the PROs

49. Flash Gordon QB NY Jets says: Apr 23, 2010 3:04 PM

Coming to the NFL Network: “The Hangover 2: the Heisman Curse ”
    Josh wakes in the war room with a bad headache, his GM is missing draft picks, Kyle Orton finds Ozzie Newsomes Raven in the bathroom and Tim Tebow is praying on the roof of Radio City Music Hall.
    Josh: Did we just trade for Tim Tebow? All I remember is hearing “with the first pick in the NFL draft…” then everything else is a blur!

50. patpatriotagain says: Apr 23, 2010 3:53 PM

if you want one that bad, wait four years and go garage sale-ing and pick one up for five bucks.

51. frank booth says: Apr 23, 2010 5:19 PM

Tebow won’t get number 15- That’s a quarterbacks number. Look for something in the high 80′s

52. broncosfan24 says: Apr 23, 2010 6:51 PM

Here we goooo, hopefully the wagon holds up!!!

53. sjm9337 says: Apr 24, 2010 11:31 AM

I hear Focus on the Family down in Colorado Springs is already selling his jerseys in their gift shop/prayer chapel.