Michael Vick doesn't mind if he doesn't play quarterback

As soon as the Philadelphia Eagles traded Donovan McNabb, coach Andy Reid declared Kevin Kolb the starting quarterback, indicating that there would be no competition, and no chance for Michael Vick to win the job.

Vick says that if he only gets on the field as a running back or wide receiver or in the wildcat, he’s fine with that.

I’m just going to play my role,” Vick told the Daily Press, the newspaper in his hometown of Newport News, Virginia. I’m going to do whatever Andy asks me to do. I’m enjoying myself and I’m working hard. The only thing I want to do is help this team win the Super Bowl.

“If I don’t line up under center at all this season, then I’ll continue to be optimistic. I’ll continue to keep my faith and keep working hard. No matter what position I’m at, I’m going to help this team win.”

After this season, Vick will get a chance to shop himself to teams that will consider giving him a shot at the starting job. But he hasn’t been a starting quarterback since 2006, and he seems to have accepted that if he ever will be one again, it won’t be until 2011.

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
24 Responses to “Michael Vick doesn't mind if he doesn't play quarterback”
  1. BigBear123 says: Apr 24, 2010 12:17 PM

Bullsh*t.
    He’s angling to be traded for one of the low round picks today.
    He wants to be a starting QB.
    He is willing to play backup QB.
    He is willing to any position now?
    Someone seems desperate.
    Count your days Mikey, your days are numbered.
    National Felon League.com

2. Rasta says: Apr 24, 2010 12:26 PM

Oh my to be so humble has Tebow laid hands on him?

3. PackManFanEver says: Apr 24, 2010 12:56 PM

These cliche statements by Vick are getting pretty old……
    He took a big bite of humble pie….
    But with that all said, Everyone knows he can’t be an effective starter…..Shit, I even think he knows it….
    So Vick, STFU and enjoy those checks you lucky SOB

4. BlondBlueDevils says: Apr 24, 2010 1:02 PM

BigBear123 says:
    April 24, 2010 12:17 PM
    Bullsh*t.
    He’s angling to be traded for one of the low round picks today.
    He wants to be a starting QB.
    He is willing to play backup QB.
    He is willing to any position now?
    Someone seems desperate.
    Count your days Mikey, your days are numbered.
    —————————————–
    Regardless…………still the HIGHEST paid player to play the position…………..
    HA HA HA

5. Floriosadouchebag says: Apr 24, 2010 1:06 PM

Good idea, trade McNabb and keep the dog murderer. Gold standard, my ass. I can’t wait for these front running fans like Lowell Rikert experience a last place season.

6. bolder21 says: Apr 24, 2010 1:09 PM

i wish i could say the same i hope they trade him i hate this guy

7. War_Paint says: Apr 24, 2010 1:18 PM

Well, being a 3rd string/wild cat QB, is better than repoing cars at midnight in Detroit.

8. JEsTerS says: Apr 24, 2010 1:40 PM

All that believe Vick raise your hand quick its time to save the watches, the BS is getting deep.

9. hotchick says: Apr 24, 2010 1:56 PM

Regardless…………still the HIGHEST paid player to play the position…………..
    HA HA HA
    ===This is what Vick supporters have sunk to as where they can hang their hat?
    He may suck but at least he is paid well?
    You do know that whatever amount he is paid all but $750K goes to his debts?!?!
    Do you think $750K makes him the highest paid?

10. doubldipp says: Apr 24, 2010 2:17 PM

That’s what he’s supposed to say. trust me if Kolb sucks Vick will get the call.

11. BlondBlueDevils says: Apr 24, 2010 2:25 PM

hotchick says:
    April 24, 2010 1:56 PM
    Regardless…………still the HIGHEST paid player to play the position…………..
    HA HA HA
    ===This is what Vick supporters have sunk to as where they can hang their hat?
    He may suck but at least he is paid well?
    You do know that whatever amount he is paid all but $750K goes to his debts?!?!
    Do you think $750K makes him the highest paid?
    —————————————–
    - Brady
    - Manning
    - Manning
    - Favre
    - Vick
    Damn it must hurt that Vick sucks yet is in the history books as the HIGHEST paid in the position………….
    HA HA HA
    Relax, Ben may add you to his rape list …………..
    HA HA HA

12. BlondBlueDevils says: Apr 24, 2010 2:30 PM

Kolb just like Matt Ryan is just another failed “Great Hope”.
    Vick is the sign of the new style of quarterback in the NFL – Deal with it “YOU” people.
    The Mannings/Favre/Brady type of slow ONE DIMENSIONAL quarterbacks is over…………
    Done
    History
    Look at the 2010 draft……………
    Bradford the number one pick, yet he is not even close to starting for a few years………….
    Then the next “Great Hopes” selected, didn’t even make the 1st round……………….
    It’s over for “YOU” people…………………
    The mobile quarterback is the future………..
    But I have good news…………… There is always hockey…………….
    HA HA HA

13. BlondBlueDevils says: Apr 24, 2010 2:36 PM

For the record:
    If you are indeed a “hotchick” you wouldn’t need to indicate it………….
    HA HA HA

14. buddha says: Apr 24, 2010 3:17 PM

BLONDEBLUEDEVIL, whats up with all the “HA HA HA”?

15. Jangocat says: Apr 24, 2010 4:31 PM

He’s done. This is just his way of trying to peak some interest in him so he can keep getting paid. He knows the Eagles have been trying to trade him for months and no team is interested. The Eagles haven’t even been able to get a low round draft pick for the guy.
    I hope they somehow sucker some team to take this low life. All he did was disrupt the Eagles season last year. He divided the fan base and took the attention of the media away from players who actually deserved it.

16. TheWizard says: Apr 24, 2010 5:20 PM

BLONDEBLUEDEVIL, whats up with all the “HA HA HA”?
    The Indians called it “touched by the Great Spirit”

17. Canyonero says: Apr 24, 2010 7:10 PM

He’s just a racist moron trying to get a rise out of people.
    Ignore it.

18. Bious says: Apr 24, 2010 7:59 PM

Who the hell actually believes this?
    Anyone who has seen Vick’s interviews as of late can tell that he is getting more aggitated with not playing

19. bambamcvr says: Apr 25, 2010 5:42 AM

BlondBlueDevils you keep claiming how vick makes the most and yet you yourself posted a list of guys who surpass him. You seem quite uneducated so I will pitty you and not beat you down to badly. However if Favre comes back he will make almost three times what vick makes. Also since vick only gets 750k a year based on court rulings that is all he will make. Now what does this tell your tiny little mind? Ahhh you catching on little boy? Have I made this simple enough for even “YOUR” people? I know how YOU all lack education. Just in case you are in fact this stupid…it means anyone making over 750k makes more than that boy. Leftwich, Quincy Carter, Vick, Cullpepper all the future right boy? LOL Educate yourself boy.

20. Mooch says: Apr 25, 2010 8:10 AM

Vick can play a variety of roles. Too bad none of them involve football.
    Maybe we can get Henry Gizmo Williams back, which is pretty much what Vick has become at this stage of his career.
    Lots to be excited about, why bother with a guy who might see 3 snaps a game?

21. jc20 says: Apr 25, 2010 12:28 PM

I love the NFL and I love discussing it….but given the non-news FLORIO insist is NEWS and the “racist” that LURK on this site … I’ve got to get my NFL fix somewhere else…I know FU too. bye

22. Mooch says: Apr 25, 2010 4:22 PM

Vick makes less than Jamie Moyer or Adam Eaton. Who cares what he makes?
    Michael Redd makes $19MM this year – does that mean he’s better than anyone in the NFL?

23. vanhelsing says: Apr 25, 2010 8:52 PM

i hope he IS telling the truth. i am sure he NEEDS more money. can he help – YES. is he worth the money – NO. is he a starter – HELL NO.
    problem is, the thing that made him hard to defend for a couple of years are long gone.
    that would be speed. cause he cant throw well, cant/wont read defenses, and cant take a hit.
    and now, speed-wise he is just another guy.
    and oh yes he killed dogs.
    and before any dusky morons call me racist – who cares. blacks lead the world in violent racist acts. they have no room to talk. they also cant manage money or personal addictions.

24. flip flip flipadelphia says: Apr 25, 2010 10:24 PM

Floriosadouchebag says:
    April 24, 2010 1:06 PM
    ——————————————–
    says the 13 year old boy that has the name “Floriosadouchebag” and keeps coming to the website where Florio is the premiere writer.
    YOU ARE A DUMBASS