Darryl Clark signs with the 'Skins

With Jason Campbell gone, the Redskins dropped to four quarterbacks.  They’re now back up to five.

Penn State signal-caller Darryl Clark tells the Daily Collegian that he has signed with the ‘Skins as an undrafted free agent.

Also on the depth chart are Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, Colt Brennan, and Richard Bartel.  Campbell was shipped to the Raiders on Saturday.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
19 Responses to “Darryl Clark signs with the 'Skins”
  1. BigBear123 says: Apr 25, 2010 10:45 PM

McNabb will go down in week 1 or 2 and we’ll see Sexy Rexy take the ‘Skins to the playoffs.
    F–k It. I’m Throwing It Downfield.

2. realitypolice says: Apr 25, 2010 10:51 PM

There may be a lot of names on that list. But other than McNabb, there aren’t any Darryl Clark needs to be too afraid of. No superstars of the future in that group.
    If he’s any good at all, he’ll quickly dispose of that motley crew. And if he can’t beat that gaggle of retards, he was never going to make it anywhere, anyway.

3. Larry David says: Apr 25, 2010 11:07 PM

I read that he signed with the Steelers? Did he change his mind?

4. kosarsmyidol says: Apr 25, 2010 11:10 PM

Richard Bartel looked good in preseason action for the Browns. He was jettisoned in favor of Brett Ratliff, who was one of Mangini’s guys with the Jets. He was actually drafted to play baseball.
    In what I saw of him, he had a fast release and was accurate. He was 15 of 18 for 177 yards and a 107.6 rating. In comparison, Colt Brennan was 23 of 43 with a rating of 49.5.
    I hope Bartel gets a chance to catch on somewhere. If he makes it to the preseason, Redskins fans could be pleasantly surprised.

5. NoKoolaidCowboy says: Apr 25, 2010 11:25 PM

Five, five, do I hear six?

6. DanSnyder says: Apr 26, 2010 12:05 AM

Mcnabb goes 4-0 to start the season then gets injured. Rex Grossman comes in and finishes the season 12-0 then gets injured. Colt Brennan wins in the playoffs and takes us to the superbowl but gets injured when kneeling the ball and tears both ACLs. Richard Bartel starts in the superbowl throwing for 9 touchdowns and wins the skins their 4th lombardi trophy.
    All four of them are traded in the offseason for 1st round picks. Darryl Clark starts for us the next season but we finish 0-16. It doesn’t matter though because with those 1st rounders we acquired from the raiders we ended up drafting Jake Locker in next years draft. After sitting his first year he takes over the reigns for the 2012 season and proceeds to win the next 10 straight superbowls before retiring and becoming the next Peter North.

7. DanRooney says: Apr 26, 2010 12:11 AM

Say hello to your new QB Skins fans

8. VoxVagina says: Apr 26, 2010 12:55 AM

@Larry David
    Yeah, I also heard that he was signed by the Steelers. I wonder what happened with that

9. STEELERSf123 says: Apr 26, 2010 4:52 AM

Yeah I agree with Larry. NFL Network is reporting on their Sunday apisode of NFL Draft Recap that he signed with the Steelers! I guess we don’t really know until it’s offical with the teams’ websites.

10. STEELERSf123 says: Apr 26, 2010 4:56 AM

Besides reports of him actually signing with the Steelers by NFL Network, his name is spelled wrong it’s Daryll.

11. tomdrum7 says: Apr 26, 2010 8:04 AM

Having watched Darryl Clark play for the last couple years, his accuracy has greatly improved. He’s also a tough hard nosed leader and is working on 2nd degree from PSU. I hope he can make the team.

12. RichieBugs83 says: Apr 26, 2010 9:01 AM

@DanSnyder
    That is the best post in the history of nerdy football message boards. Well played sir, well played.

13. nittanylion0 says: Apr 26, 2010 9:07 AM

DC17’s a hell of a kid… hope the ‘Skins and Shanny can coach him up to the NFL level. Some concussion concerns, though… and he’s virtually morphed himself into a pocket passer as a result. But he’s got a solid arm, just has to rein it in… I wish him the best.

14. J-Star says: Apr 26, 2010 9:17 AM

As a lifelong PSU fan who has seen every game for at least the last 15 years I can say that Darryl Clark is a below average QB and will not even make the team. I bet he is cut during the first week of cuts this preseason. PSU would have finished in the top 10 both of the last 2 seasons if Clark was even average.

15. GMan412 says: Apr 26, 2010 10:18 AM

Penn State Sucks, and I’m glad he’s not on the Steelers. That being said, he probably has a better shot to make the team in DC.

16. Borf says: Apr 26, 2010 10:46 AM

You really struggled to get to three paragraphs on that one Florio

17. red4skins says: Apr 26, 2010 11:15 AM

i believe a group of retards is actually called a “hoard”

18. texasPHINSfan says: Apr 26, 2010 2:37 PM

I thought you guys were joking when you said “Bartell” – isn’t that a Replacements reference? :D
    then i clicked the link – they actually have a guy named that. awesome!

19. pg13 says: Apr 26, 2010 9:21 PM

I usually don’t write into these, but I had to comment about the guy who said he’s been a PSU fan for 15 years and PSU would have finished in the top ten the last 2 years if it had not been for Clark. They DID finish in the top 10 the past 2 years! Mainly BECAUSE of Daryll Clark.