Cowher approves of Roethlisberger suspension

Ben Roethlisberger’s first NFL head coach, Bill Cowher, says that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made the right call in suspending Roethlisberger for the first six games of the season.

I think it’s good, in my personal opinion,” Cowher told Boomer Esiason and Craig Carton on WFAN. “I think it sends a very strong message that your conduct is something that you’re going to be held accountable for. It was well documented what took place, obviously no charges have been filed to this point, but that still does not dismiss any NFL player from the responsibilities that come with their actions when they’re in the public eye.”

Cowher says he doesn’t think it’s too late for Roethlisberger to reshape his reputation.

“I think he’s got an opportunity to rekindle his reputation,” Cowher said. “He’s a young player, he’s made some very poor judgments in the last few years, and if he’s ever going to learn from something, he’ll learn from this. I think they’re gonna give him the opportunity to do that.”

Asked by Esiason whether Roethlisberger is well liked in the Steelers’ locker room, Cowher gave an answer that sounded a little uncomfortable and suggested that what the Steelers like about Roethlisberger is confined to what he does on Sundays.

“Uh, you know, I mean, you know what Boom, I think it’s all,” Cowher stammered at first, before continuing, “I think we like anybody that can help us win football games.”

Permalink 66 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
66 Responses to “Cowher approves of Roethlisberger suspension”
  1. Phokus says: Apr 26, 2010 1:57 PM

Translation: “Ben’s a complete turd, but we looked the other way because he won me a ring”
    ————————————-

2. mzezulak says: Apr 26, 2010 1:57 PM

Even Cowher thinks he’s an asshole

3. Jimmy Shnoogen says: Apr 26, 2010 1:58 PM

How easy can it be to like a tow truck driver looking buffoon who can’t take no for an answer?

4. richkotitte says: Apr 26, 2010 2:02 PM

He shined his chin on the Roonies nut sack for a decade, OF COURSE he would support their decision!! DUH!

5. Krow says: Apr 26, 2010 2:04 PM

You’ve got to be a huge sc’umbag when you’re own teammates don’t like you. But who likes rapists anyway? Some fanboys, but that’s about all.

6. ItalianArmyGuy says: Apr 26, 2010 2:04 PM

Interesting to read the transcript – Cowher still talks about the Steelers as “we” and “us”:
    “I think we like anybody that can help us win football games”.
    I still think Cowher should come back to the Steelers as D-Coordinator when Lebeau retires, which will probably be at the end of this season. Cowher has nothing left to prove as a head coach, but he could be a hall-of-fame defensive innovator for the next 20-30 years like Lebeau, and leave a lasting mark on the league by inventing the next big defensive wrinkle after the 3-4 zone blitz. He knows that no other organization is going to give him the loyalty and longevity like the Rooneys will.
    He must know that no matter how much money is thrown at him, a job working as Head Coach for guys like Jerry Jones will probably do nothing but soil his reputation – ala Bill Parcells.

7. MN_Steeler says: Apr 26, 2010 2:07 PM

Don’t know if this has already been brought up, but how close is Roethlisberger’s current situation to that of Favre when her was suspended for his pain killer addiction?
    Granted Favre’s offense was more forgivable in the public eye, but Packer fans had to be feeling a lot like Steeler fans are now.

8. Tcostant says: Apr 26, 2010 2:07 PM

I wonder how many crude joke Craig Carton made during the interview. This guy say the most hateful things I’ve heard and don’t know how anybody would go on that show.

9. hnirobert says: Apr 26, 2010 2:07 PM

Watch out Bill, you have daughters…

10. BleedingSilverAndBlack says: Apr 26, 2010 2:07 PM

I approve this ad.

11. Citizen Strange says: Apr 26, 2010 2:08 PM

Cowher should have suspended him for AT LEAST two games back in 2006 for jackassing around on a motorcycle.
    Instead it was all about how quickly Roethlisberger could heal that became the story.
    A two game suspension back then showing that dumbass who’s whio and what’s what could have headed off a lot of crap that this drama queen prima donna pulls.

12. Swollen_Goat says: Apr 26, 2010 2:09 PM

i don’t know how Pig Ben gets his fat friggin cheeks to fit in his helmet

13. khall says: Apr 26, 2010 2:09 PM

Hey Lemmings, read it for yourself, that is why they provide the link!!!!
    On whether or not Roethlisberger was liked within the organization:
    “You know what Boom, I think we like anybody that can help us win football games. I think there’s no question that this guy, on the football field is tremendously respected by his teammates and he’s respected by opponents. He’s a talent. The guy is an unbelievable competitor. He’s got a great feel for the game, but certainly with some of the things that have been brought on in the last couple of years, it kinda puts a damper on it. I think again, as you know, the bottom line is trying to win football games. You have young single guys and you have people that have three kids, the dynamics of every locker room are a little bit different. Usually when 4:00 comes or 4:30 comes, everybody goes their separate ways. The one thing you want to make sure the players do is they don’t do anything to dampen your ability to win football games. What Ben has done is put himself in a situation where he’s gonna miss six games. Hopefully he’ll do the right thing and minimize that to four.”

14. Deb says: Apr 26, 2010 2:10 PM

He’s right. What took place was well-documented. But I’d be willing to bet Cowher hasn’t actually read any of the documentation and didn’t listen to one word of the DA’s 71-minute press conference beyond the 16 minutes aired on ESPN.
    I don’t have a problem with the suspension either–especially not coupled with the behavioral exam. Ben needs a wake-up call. I have a big problem with implying criminal guilt when the evidence doesn’t support it. And I’m gagging on all this “staining the shield” hypocrisy. The NFL’s revisionist historians are working overtime.

15. GirthyOne says: Apr 26, 2010 2:15 PM

Miss seeing the chin on the sidelines. I figure he’s still waiting to see if Coughlin gets fired.

16. dabarber says: Apr 26, 2010 2:16 PM

Cowher had to retire because his daughter was turning 18–to risky to have her around.

17. if yer not first... says: Apr 26, 2010 2:17 PM

Well I can honestly say I absolutely do not give a sh#t as to what Cowterd has to say.
    Whatever respect I had for him – which admittedly was very little- was lost after the Shittsburgh -Bengals playoff game that he won after a cheap shot to Palmer’s knee. I don’t begrudge them winning but his mocking of the Bengals in the locker room after the game was completely classless.

18. BenRoethlisburger says: Apr 26, 2010 2:18 PM

Sorry Coach, but I couldn’t pry her off my dick with a 2×4. That little bitch was strong.

19. It puts the lotion on the skin says: Apr 26, 2010 2:20 PM

Side note, grow a sack and join the Marine Corps, LMFAO, army…….

20. robert ethan says: Apr 26, 2010 2:21 PM

Cowher has a couple of college aged daughters. Probably just as well for Ruthless that he isn’t involved with the Steelers any longer. Nor will he ever be.

21. When Ben farts Debs lips move says: Apr 26, 2010 2:24 PM

Speaks volumes.

22. trickbunny says: Apr 26, 2010 2:26 PM

ha ha.. I love it. Even the guy who Steelers fans see as a God thinks Rapistberger is a raping prick.
    Don’t forget to chant “She said no!” or “Rapist!” at the games this year, folks. No need to even wait for Rapenstein to play. Chant it at him on the sidelines.

23. biggestFAN says: Apr 26, 2010 2:26 PM

I have one question for you all..
    Keeping in mind that the reason franchises pick players is to better their chances at a SB ring..
    Would you rather have a QB with a great personality and continually leads your favorite team to an 8-8 record?
    or
    Would you rather have a QB who has a horrible personality that is a perennial winner and has gotten your favorite team 2 SB rings in 4 years?
    The only reason you haters care that he is a douche is that he is not a douche for your favorite team. Obviously he wasnt THAT much of a douche…they won games amidst it all!!
    Losers…

24. 69ers says: Apr 26, 2010 2:27 PM

@ItalianArmyGuy
    Cowher as a D-cord? Nothing left to prove (he won 1 SB and lost in 4 other championship games). He was also only 12-9 in the playoffs. OVERRATED! What you wrote has to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on here….”Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it”..

25. HamBurghlar says: Apr 26, 2010 2:31 PM

Thanks Bill, for that random piece of your thought process. Now, we’ll ask the guy that resodded Heinz field for his opinion.
    Who gives a shiat what another talking head of the NFL thinks? Even if it’s Mr. Wonderful Bill Cowher… Ever since he rang the bell at the Carolina Hurricanes playoff game vs. the Pens last year, he’s lost a lot of fans in the Burgh.. I wouldn’t mind seeing him come back in a lesser role (i.e. like @ItalianArmyGuy said, D-coordinator) but I doubt his ego will let him take anything other than a head coach/GM position like Holmgren.

26. Frank Burns says: Apr 26, 2010 2:34 PM

# Deb says: April 26, 2010 2:10 PM
    —————————————-
    Stop it, Deb, you’re making WAY too much sense for this forum.

27. Holeinone09 says: Apr 26, 2010 2:35 PM

Yep, I bet everyone reading this thread likes and is friendly with 100% of their co-workers. You all go out after work with each, hang around with each other, etc. Yes sir, one big happy family.
    What a joke. I could care less about many of the people that I work with, and personally believe many of them are assholes. But, if they do their job and it helps me accomplish my objectives and succeed, then I respect them at work and will work hard to help them as well. And that is the bottom line in any line of work. And certainly in football.
    How many of you have been at a Steeler game, and watched what Ben does before each game? He goes to each and every player and gives them a high five or some other encouragement.
    I bet every single last player on the Steelers loves Ben when he pulls plays out of his ass to help win games, when the line isn’t blocking, the running game isn’t working, the defense isn’t holding a lead, etc. In fact, last year a player called him “superman” in the fourth quarter. And that is all that matters on a team whose goal is to win the Super Bowl. And if anybody doesn’t think that Ben is without doubt one of the best QBs in the league, then they are completely full of crap. He made a mistake, he is getting punished, and everyone will move on. Ben needs to behave and should be given the chance to do so, regardless of what the morons say.

28. Vox's Mommy says: Apr 26, 2010 2:38 PM

@It Puts the lotion on the skin
    Apparently you don’t know what the “italian army” is….as in “Franco’s Italian Army”?
    Dude, at least according to his nickname, is not in the army. Look it up slick and brush up on your football history.
    Now…to insult someone b/c they are in the army…wow…what a douchebag you are….marine or not…you’re just a douche

29. lemmyk73 says: Apr 26, 2010 2:38 PM

The two never got along from the get go.
    Ben won without Cowher.
    Cowher didn’t win without Ben.

30. ItalianArmyGuy says: Apr 26, 2010 2:48 PM

@It –
    “Right ItalianArmyGuy, a SB winning head coach, is going to take a step back, and be a DC for the next 20 years……hahahaha”
    ====================
    No, a step back would be taking any of the 31 other NFL jobs, where no matter how good you are, you are almost guaranteed to get fired within 3-4 years, and have no chance to build a title contender

31. hairball says: Apr 26, 2010 2:52 PM

Did it ever occur to Cowher that he was an enabler and thus part of the problem?

32. Ricken says: Apr 26, 2010 2:59 PM

Who cares what Bill Cowher thinks. They never liked each other in the 1st palce. He can continue to do his commentating gig for another year and then he’ll take the vacant Carolina job. And if Carolina and Pittsburgh happen to play one another he can watch Ben light his a$$ up

33. jrobnz says: Apr 26, 2010 3:01 PM

Of course, TabloidFlorio only prints part of what Cowher said.
    On whether or not Roethlisberger was liked within the organization:

34. MrHumble says: Apr 26, 2010 3:02 PM

MN_Steeler says:
    April 26, 2010 2:07 PM
    Favre got treatment, said all the right things, then went out and won. Now, it is hardly ever brought up. Can Ben follow that formula, or is he doomed to have this cloud over his head for the rest of his career?”
    Egad! BF’s and Raper’s situations are like day and night. BF was only hurting himself and he became addicted to the pain killers so he could keep playing football every Sunday…….no comparison to what the Raper has been doing.

35. ECS - Brougham Boys 74 says: Apr 26, 2010 3:07 PM

Sources at WFAN confirm that all interview questions were answered by Cowher through an “interview proxy”, 9-year-old Leukemia patient Jimmy McPuppyface of Pleasantville, PA. After the interview, young Jimmy said it was his one dying wish that he be allowed to speak for ex-coach Cowher and the Steelers organization for this interview. The Make A Wish Foundation confirms this was definitely young Jimmy’s last wish, and encouraged philanthropists to increase their annual donations so that Make A Wish can continue to provide terminally ill children to the Steelers upcoming PR season.
    Steve Smith, Director of Make A Wish Foundation’s Pittsburgh office had this to say after the interview:
    “The Make A Wish foundation expects to fulfill a huge increase of dying children’s wishes this upcoming football season. The Rooney family has kindly offered to assist at least 10 children per game. The Steelers will have terminally ill children act as honorary team captains for each coin toss, and possibly have them stand behind Center until the ball is snapped. We anticipate a great amount of coordination with the NFL and the Steelers to make this dream come true for all these children. We think the community should be proud to see the Steelers work so hard to make these children’s dreams come true.”
    When asked about this development, Cowher replied:
    “Uhm, uhhh… yeah, this is a great thing for these kids. If my child had Leukemia and could have one wish granted as their last, I fully support using that wish to deflect criticism of this football team. These kids are helping us win games, and we should all be proud of their sacrifice. I think we can all learn something here.”
    After the interview, young Jimmy returned to Saint Peter’s Children Hospital, to continue chemotherapy treatments. Young Jimmy returned to chemo with a new-found excitement and resolve to beat his cancer.
    “Mommy said we were going to Disney World, but I got to meet Coach Cowher instead. I even got to meet Mr Goodell, who runs the whole NFL! He said if I cried a little, they were going to pay for us to go to Disney World AND Disneyland! The sooner I beat this Leukemia, the sooner I get to meet Mickey Mouse and ride the Matterhorn! It’s awesome!”

36. redsquare says: Apr 26, 2010 3:10 PM

Again see the effects of a culture that enables poor judgment. We see it on Wall Street, we saw it with Michael Vick (has he been cut from the NFL yet? Counting the days…), now we’re seeing it with B.R. – success by a narrow definition brings accommodation for everything else. The result is some fleeting fun times but an ultimately poorer, sicker culture.
    In B.R.’s case, enabling him was presumably a long-time group effort, from Tomlin back through Cowher and into Ben’s youth.
    Skeleton’s out of the closet now, fella–time to shape up. Millions of people with idealized views of professional sports – myself included – want their illusions back.

37. Bizz says: Apr 26, 2010 3:13 PM

who gives a flying f*** what cowher thinks, the bus, they are no longer steelers!

38. ItalianArmyGuy says: Apr 26, 2010 3:15 PM

@HamBurghlar
    “I wouldn’t mind seeing him come back in a lesser role (i.e. like @ItalianArmyGuy said, D-coordinator) but I doubt his ego will let him take anything other than a head coach/GM position like Holmgren.”
    =============
    I don’t know. Dude seemed to get burned out by the NFL head coach hours. Why not let Tomlin run the show, while Bill does what he does best – come up with new defensive twists, and spit in 330 pound D-linemen’s faces? Go to the HOF as a head coach/DC/defensive-innovator? The Blitzburgh zone-blitz schemes were partially his brainchild to begin with anyways – Lebeau should not be given all the credit.
    And why would you hold out for Carolina? I’m sure if the owner knew he could get him, Fox would probably already be gone.

39. Chapnasty2 says: Apr 26, 2010 3:29 PM

The draft just happened, Fat Ben shouldn’t even be talked about anymore.

40. CT Stiller says: Apr 26, 2010 3:30 PM

hnirobert says:
    “Watch out Bill, you have daughters…”
    LOL! Finally a funny joke out of all of the awful, cliched ones. Kudos!

41. Treezs says: Apr 26, 2010 3:35 PM

“You’ve got to be a huge scumbag when you’re own teammates don’t like you.”

42. bigstorm says: Apr 26, 2010 3:43 PM

ECS….you put way too much time in this….get back to the Seahawk blog you moron…sorry about the $5 you lost on SB XL….get over it.
    What else is Cowher going to say? “Hey, the suspension is BS but I still have plans to coach in the NFL one day so I don’t want to be on the left side of this issue”.
    Give me strength…..it is this obvious folks.

43. ECS - Brougham Boys 74 says: Apr 26, 2010 3:53 PM

44. if yer not first... says: Apr 26, 2010 4:05 PM

Classless? You mean like Douchemanzade “polishing” his cleats with a terrible towel after the Bengals beat the Steelers to win their regular season trophy? Is that not a mockery as well? Sounds to me like a simple case of one good turn deserving another. Cincy’s victory “motto” asks a question. The Chin merely answered.
    Come on K – apples an oranges- the terrible towels are just, you know, fu king stupid.
    Seriously though – as far as he knew Palmer’s career was over because of a cheap shot by one of his players – a little less exuberance was in order.

45. iusedtobeteddybayer says: Apr 26, 2010 4:13 PM

mn_steeler:
    The difference is, we ALL have friends and relatives who have addiction problems. Conversely, I have NEVER known anyone who has exposed themselves.

46. Steelerbroad says: Apr 26, 2010 4:15 PM

Come back and coach us Bill……please

47. tryagain says: Apr 26, 2010 4:34 PM

‘When Ben farts Debs lips move says’
    i know deb and her posse of ‘smart folk steeler babies’ will want to maim/ridicule/lock me in a room with ben for a few minutes for thinking that username is hysterical. football is a sport so it should be fun, so in my opinion there should be some humor and i find that humorous.
    so go ahead and attack pitbulls if you feel it necessary. i’ll still be laughing like i do every time i read that non-steeler fans are just jealous.

48. funi says: Apr 26, 2010 4:40 PM

Hey Cowher, how many times have you choked int he playoffs as a coach? By the way, how is Kordell’s sister doing? You know what I mean!

49. CT Stiller says: Apr 26, 2010 4:40 PM

“Egad! BF’s and Raper’s situations are like day and night. BF was only hurting himself and he became addicted to the pain killers so he could keep playing football every Sunday…”
    LOL! Spoken like a true Packers fan.
    Mark Chmura, a TE for the Packers in the 90s was accused of rape (his child’s 17-year old babysitter). Packers kept him on the team no problem.

50. CKL says: Apr 26, 2010 4:50 PM

jrobnz says:
    April 26, 2010 3:01 PM
    Of course, TabloidFlorio only prints part of what Cowher said.
    On whether or not Roethlisberger was liked within the organization:
    ________________________________
    I don’t know what anyone else thinks, but nowhere in THIS quote does Cowher say BR was actually liked by his teammates either. In fact it reinforces the idea Br ISN’T liked by his teammates if you read it carefully. I have always viewed BR the way I view P. Manning or Favre. An utter jackass who treats people however he wants (poorly) etc. but his teammates respect his talent and knows that it helps them win. It’s probably all they care about…though it does seem that they would at least like him to work hard. He doesn’t get how to be a leader of men…a real leader of men, not just a talented guy who plays ball. That I have always thought, even before he was accused of a thing. Personally I would work harder for someone I liked and respected as a person and who set the example themselves by working the hardest than I would for a turd with talent, but maybe I am in the minority.

51. SoFlor Steeler says: Apr 26, 2010 4:53 PM

What most of u folks don’t seem to get is that what you know about Ben is not all that different than what you don’t know about Athletes and Celebs – read some of the stories on what went on during the Magic Johnson “Showtime” Laker era…
    With 32 coaches and human nature being what it is. I will bet you at least 4 of them are either involved in affairs outside of their marriage – or have been in the last 3 years…
    What is the right suspension for a coach who is unfaithful and puts the league in a potentially embarassing situation going to be WHEN a jilted girlfriend goes public – it is going to happen – GODell has made that certain.
    I still find it disturbing that Antonio Cromartie gets to continue to play with 9 kids by 6 different women – something that he does not deny – and Ben gets six for ACCUSATIONS….

52. HamBurghlar says: Apr 26, 2010 4:53 PM

@ItalianArmyGuy: “Bill certainly has turned down plenty of opportunities already. Don’t you think if he was really so ego driven, that he would have looked more seriously at the jobs that have been thrown at him the last few years?”

53. CT Stiller says: Apr 26, 2010 4:53 PM

Treezs says:
    “You’ve got to be a huge scumbag when you’re own teammates don’t like you.”
    “FAIL! 50/50 attempted fake-out for the fail! Just learn the difference between you’re and your and you won’t have to guess!”
    LOL! It reminds me of the time Peter Griffen attempted guess what the word “esoteric” meant on the fly.

54. Child_Please! says: Apr 26, 2010 4:58 PM

Deb says:
    “And I’m gagging on all this “staining the shield” hypocrisy”.
    ********************

55. SamHayne says: Apr 26, 2010 5:14 PM

Jackassing around on a motorcycle??? Oh you meaning going from one radio interview to another to have some moron cager turn left in front of him???? Yep, blame the accident on the guy on the bike. Yup it has nothing to do with morons in cars who do everything possible while driving EXCEPT pay attention to the road.

56. TheBottomLine says: Apr 26, 2010 5:17 PM

This was taken totally out of context. Next time print the whole article Florio. Like the part where Cowher says “He is highly respected by his teamates”

57. ItalianArmyGuy says: Apr 26, 2010 5:29 PM

@HamBurghlar
    “I think he wants the Carolina job but only cause he lives there… kinda lazy if you ask me. But true about him not really being proactive on looking to get back to coaching. The Bills are all over him, but he’s not dumb enough to take that job.. Only other possibilities were w/ the Skins, which Shanahan took and the Giants gig which never materialized. So technically, I don’t think he’s had a real serious option thus far…”
    ==================
    Reports indicated that the Jets and Browns also checked with Cowher regarding recent vacancies, and that Jerry Jones had his feelers out before settling on Wade Phillips. He has probably been asked about in connection with a number of jobs, but has not made himself available. No one has gotten to the interview stage with him.

58. jrobnz says: Apr 26, 2010 5:41 PM

Cowher says Roethlisberger was respected by team

59. Buck Stallion says: Apr 26, 2010 5:43 PM

Hey MN_Steeler:
    Farve never got suspended, ever.
    & no reason for him to be. You don’t suspend someone who comes to you and says they have a problem because they are addicted to PRESCRIPTION pain medicine.
    Ohh, and the Packers got rid of Chmura after the rape.

60. CT Stiller says: Apr 26, 2010 6:10 PM

ECS – Brougham Boys 74 says:
    “Now that Rapistberger’s crew of cops is being broken up, he’ll need some new “bodyguard” talent. Word on the street is that he has already contacted “Jerry’s Kids”, and will surround himself with handicapped children everywhere he goes this season. Reached for comment, Ben said the kids should do a great job pulling heart-strings, but probably would not be as efficient as actual cops at “assisting” potential victims down hallways, restraining their friends, or helping to destroy evidence during investigations.”
    If you’re going to continue to post these phony reports, can you at least make them funny? So far you’re about 0 for 20 with these. Maybe hire a writer? Just a suggestion.

61. BenRoethlisburger says: Apr 26, 2010 8:02 PM

# Child_Please! says: April 26, 2010 4:58 PM
    “Yea, your gagging alright. Your gagging on Ben Rapistbergers pole in the bar bathroom.”
    Brought to you by a by product of Cincinnati, Home of the Dead Steve McNair Halloween display.
    Stay classy Cincy, and keep churning out those Rhodes Scholars…

62. bigstorm says: Apr 26, 2010 9:11 PM

CT Stiller…
    Right on with that one for ECS. However, ECS works at a Starbucks in Seattle part-time and the pay scale doesn’t allow for writing help.
    I gotta admit….i thought ECS was just obsessed with Ben and his cock but he really is a piece of shit.
    Mocking the make a wish foundation puts him on par with any child beater or freak out there.
    Way to lower the bar dickhead. i hope you choke on your latte’ after your shift ends.

63. hookhill347 says: Apr 26, 2010 11:37 PM

“The one thing you want to make sure the players do is they don’t do anything to dampen your ability to win football games. What Ben has done is put himself in a situation where he’s gonna miss six games. Hopefully he’ll do the right thing and minimize that to four.”
    …and as long as the steakheads guarding the door to the girls potty aren’t also under contract to the Rooney’s, all is good.
    Big Bung is a turd. The Stoolers are rebuilding. We’ll see just how good a leader he is of a rebuilding franchise over the next season.
    My prediction…one more mediocre season in Shittsburgh coupled with one more ass-grabbing event in the offseason and Bung will be proudly suiting up in the Silver and Black trying to prove that he’s worth more than a 4th rounder in the 2012 draft.

64. mobey says: Apr 26, 2010 11:54 PM

Nice Coward.
    You looked the other way while Boyblubber was flashing is joy stick at anyone he could find to see it.
    How many rapes were paid off by the morally bankrupt organization with Bill Coward cheering them on?
    Disgusting.

65. Route36West says: Apr 27, 2010 1:26 AM

If this was NFL Network Rich Eisen would say Deion can we get a translation and Deion would say “We(The Steelers organization and Cowher) do not like Ben but even a guy like that can be tolerated if hes helping us win.”
    I think the most interesting part about this is Cowher still says we and us when referring to the Steelers. I think thats cool as long as he refrains from doing when hes suppose to be impartial on tv or when he gets a new coaching job.

66. hobbeslax says: Apr 27, 2010 4:29 PM

Wow Florio, I just read another article about the same interview w/Cowher and it read totally different. How about that, another miss quote from Florio!? Way to keep up the yellow-journalism you douche-bag!
    I think you want Big Ben’s nut sack.
    Go Steelers!!!