Roethlisberger says he won't appeal suspension, vows to change

In a brief but powerful statement that reminded us at times of the opening lines to We Are The Champions, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger says that he’ll accept the punishment imposed on him by the NFL, and that he will change his ways moving forward.

“The Commissioner’s decision to suspend me speaks clearly that more is expected of me,” Roethlisberger said via comments that were issued by the team.  “I am accountable for the consequences of my actions.  Though I have committed no crime, I regret that I have fallen short of the values instilled in me by my family.  I will not appeal the suspension and will comply with what is asked of me — and more.

“Missing games will be devastating for me. I am sorry to let down my teammates and the entire Steelers fan base.  I am disappointed that I have reached this point and will not put myself in this situation again.

“I appreciate the opportunities that I have been given in my life and will make the necessary improvements.”

Even if he stays out of trouble and makes good decisions in the future, Roethlisberger will need to find a way to improve his image and reputation among Steelers fans.  It will not be easy, but like anyone else he deserve the chance to make amends.

Permalink 146 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Legal, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
146 Responses to “Roethlisberger says he won't appeal suspension, vows to change”
  1. RossyRoss says: Apr 26, 2010 2:39 PM

Douchebag! The family of Liberals need to get rid of this scum bag.

2. Steelersforever says: Apr 26, 2010 2:39 PM

“It will not be easy, but like anyone else he deserves the chance to make amends.”
    I refuse to believe that Florio wrote something positive about Ben.

3. amused10 says: Apr 26, 2010 2:40 PM

I am proud of you Florio..

4. stillayinzer says: Apr 26, 2010 2:41 PM

Ben’s tenure in Pittsburgh will end poorly. It’s just a matter of when.

5. Spungy says: Apr 26, 2010 2:41 PM

He reminds me more of the other Queen song… Bicycle! Bicycle!

6. KnuckleBucket says: Apr 26, 2010 2:41 PM

Not appealing the suspension sounds more like trying to block a trade vs doing the right thing. I’m just sayin….

7. jb1996 says: Apr 26, 2010 2:41 PM

he wont appeal it because he knows the result if he were to appeal vows to change doesnt everybody say that when they get in trouble n do they no so him saying n doing it r 2 entirely different things

8. PittsburghSteelerz says: Apr 26, 2010 2:42 PM

Bring home a few more rings and all will be forgiven

9. UckTheFeagles says: Apr 26, 2010 2:43 PM

In order to “change” he must know he has been doing something wrong. In other words he’s admitting all these accusations. There you go big ben supporters, in his own words.
    Throw this idiot out of the NFL already.

10. oldschool says: Apr 26, 2010 2:45 PM

“no crime committed” period.
    now let the haters commence..
    Go Steelers!!

11. ArtModellsPimp says: Apr 26, 2010 2:45 PM

“…find a way to improve his image and reputation among Steelers fans.”
    ————————————–
    There’s nothing like aiming for the bottom…

12. oldschool says: Apr 26, 2010 2:47 PM

Cut from the Bleacher Report..
    If you went to a garage to have your vehicle looked at and the mechanics took advantage of you from a monetary standpoint, would you return to that shop?
    If you went to a restaurant for dinner and the waiter spit in your food as he placed it down in front of you, would you give that establishment your business again?
    If another individual smacked you in the face upon approaching them, would you go near them a second time?
    I’d venture to guess the answer to all of these is a resounding no, and the reason I ask these silly questions because I’d like us all to take a moment and rethink the mental image we have of the women claiming they were wronged by Pittsburgh Steelers’ quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger.
    The most recent is a student who claimed she attended a party hosted by Ben in which he supposedly exposed himself to her, adding “you can do whatever you want.” Of course the sweet southern bell was horrified right? She ran for the hills right? Surely, she would never put herself in that horrifying situation again right? Figuratively speaking, he just spit in her food. He ripped her off. He smacked her in the face.
    If you said yes, you are dead wrong. Little miss innocent attended another party hosted by Rothlesberger after the supposed incident outlined above occurred. What kind of girl would do that? Mother Theresa? No. I’ll tell you what kind. An immature attention hungry whore. This is of course assuming her story is even true.
    Oh and then we’ve got the Lake Tahoe adulteress, running around sleeping with married men. She sounds like a real winner. All about morals. A real family values kind of gal’. It wasn’t enough for her to mess around with a married man, she apparently saw no issue in spreading her wings for Big Ben too. Someone needs to lock her down right now–she’s no doubt the marrying kind.
    Let’s not forget about the under 21 bar hopping bimbo wearing a “DTF (Down To F**K)” button that boozed it up with Ben all night long before supposedly saying “Gee whiz Mr. Roethlisberger, I’m not that kind of girl. Walking around with a fake ID and getting drunk out of my mind all night long with a group of guys I’ve never met before is totally cool but that’s the extent of my big girl prowess … unless of course you like me enough to date me.”
    I find it funny that in the “victim’s” police report statement she says that Ben left the bathroom without saying anything. What does that mean?
    Let’s assume for a moment that the two of them hooked up in some fashion. Would the exchange of bodily fluids been acceptable to her had he said “Wow, you are so beautiful. I’ve been searching all my life for a girl that would bl*w me in a bathroom stall. I’d really like for us to see each other again. Is that cool with you? Maybe we can be exclusive and some day tie the knot?”
    We’ll never know because according to her, Ben said nothing. He supposedly just got up and walked away. Drunk college girl angry!! Ben will pay!!
    Message to Ben. Wake up and smell the skank. You’re a bigger idiot than anyone is giving you credit for if you continue to let these types of women into your life. If you are truly innocent of nothing more than being stupid, here is my advice to you.
    The next time your TV breaks, hire a man to fix it. The next time you go out for a drink, hit up a classy establishment not found in the middle of the woods. The kind underage college girls can’t waltz into shit-faced. Be a little more selective the next time you throw a party.
    If you don’t trust your judgement in any of these situations, take up video games. Start playing World of Warcraft during the off-season. No one will press charges against you for exposing your avatar in Goldshire. You can even dance on a mailbox while doing it.

13. CT Stiller says: Apr 26, 2010 2:47 PM

A very well-written piece, Florio. I, for one, would love it if you had more spin-less blog entries such as this one.
    (I checked three times to make sure it was Florio who wrote it.)
    Good luck, Ben. Stay off the sauce and out of club bathrooms and you may be a hero again.

14. ben.there says: Apr 26, 2010 2:47 PM

“Though I have committed no crime”WRONG!!!

15. FreeAgentPro says: Apr 26, 2010 2:49 PM

I don’t know where he said he will not appeal the suspension, and in fact it is poor journalism to even suggest that he would consider it at all. Goodell has stated that that a longer suspension is possible, and appealing the current one would almost guarantee that he ‘doesn’t get it’ what the Commission has stated. Even stating that he has ‘ committed no crime’ might be a tad over the line for the Commissioner to stomach. The prosecutor never said that he committed no crime; he merely said there is not enough evidence to convict without reasonable doubt. In fact, the victim changed her mind and now refuses to press charges, so that in itself makes it impossible to convict. Almost everyone can ‘smell’ a back door settlement with her to drop her charges, so there is still a very strong suspicion that a crime was indeed committed.

16. overlord says: Apr 26, 2010 2:51 PM

The Rooney’s got rich off of fleecing the lower class and now they have the audacity to feign righteousness in the Big Ben case. Well, from where I sit, Big Ben learned from the masters of immorality, the Rooney Family. Truth is an affirmative defense, check it out for yourself.

17. HappyBunny says: Apr 26, 2010 2:51 PM

I LOVE these player statements. I would also LOVE to see the player’s draft from which this statement was crafted…
    “I did bad. I can’t change commish’s mind so I will serve suspension. I have no choice but to not get caught again in order to keep my millions of dollars.”

18. FreeAgentPro says: Apr 26, 2010 2:51 PM

Oops, I see where he says he won’t appeal the suspension – I never thought he would be so stupid to even say such a thing. It is ludicrous .

19. raybin says: Apr 26, 2010 2:51 PM

If only he’d thought of this in the first place:
    “and will comply with what is asked of me”
    Like complying when someone says “Please stop raping me.”

20. hairball says: Apr 26, 2010 2:53 PM

I feel much better now.

21. copes cabana says: Apr 26, 2010 2:54 PM

Be a good person, some community service, and another ring and all will be forgiven.

22. blitzburgh1 says: Apr 26, 2010 2:54 PM

Kindergarten must have gotten out early today ! All you Ben Bashers are using big words ! Its’ not fair for your moms to give you ignorant ideas and spell for you too !! A very wise person once said “You can’t fix stupid” !!

23. StevieMo says: Apr 26, 2010 2:55 PM

One of the scummiest players in the NFL, which is really saying something….

24. CT Stiller says: Apr 26, 2010 2:56 PM

LOL! Who would have guessed you’d see so many negative comments from the Steelers haters.
    All they REALLY want is for Ben to go away because the teams they root for can’t win against him (that is a very, very sad but true reality of this whole mess). When they see this, it just makes them so angry that public perception of him will be slightly repaired for now. Pathetic, pathetic people some of you are.

25. MrHumble says: Apr 26, 2010 2:56 PM

“Missing games will be devastating for me. I am sorry to let down my teammates and the entire Steelers fan base. I am disappointed that I have reached this point and will not put myself in this situation again.
    That’s Raper’s way of saying that “next time I will have extra body guards and will wear a condom.

26. Howard Cosell says: Apr 26, 2010 2:56 PM

What about ‘Fat Bottom Girls’?

27. BucThisSh** says: Apr 26, 2010 2:57 PM

I think he is just trying to “Find Somebody to Love”….

28. StillMadAtSlobber says: Apr 26, 2010 2:59 PM

Well, this comment section is definitive proof that Jerry’s Kids do know how to get on the interwebs.

29. trayteee says: Apr 26, 2010 3:00 PM

Its all good Ben!.Just get back on the field and do what u do and all of puittsburgh will be back on his nuts lol real is real!!

30. mr_snrub says: Apr 26, 2010 3:01 PM

Like the murderer who sleeps; Roethlisberger knows he’s a serial rapist and that there is no cure for sociopathic behavior.

31. monger says: Apr 26, 2010 3:02 PM

Next TD he throws is all the image repair he needs for all the reprobates in the Steeler fanbase.

32. Holeinone09 says: Apr 26, 2010 3:03 PM

Ben’s statement is part of admitting his poor behavior, and for the record. Ben it taking his punishment and apparently will try to change. The haters/bashers/lynch mob will not recognize that and have something they believe is clever to say. But it was a necessary for him to say this. He should show remorse, and going forward his actions (or non-actions) will speak louder than words. I hope he does it.
    As well, he said he committed no crime, and that is 100% truthful. If anybody had factual evidence to the contrary, please show a link. He has not been charged with any crime. Period.
    Finally, as I have said a number of times, now that Ben has been burned at the stake (as he generally deserved) and will continue to smolder for quite a while in the public eye, what and when will be the punishments the girl and her sorority sisters be given so that they too will hopefully learn from their big mistakes (such as using fake IDs to get into bars illegally, underage drinking, chasing older men from from bar to bar, wearing provacative labels on their clothes, asking older men to come back to their dorm room, pinching the older men, and I probably missed a few other things they did per the record) before it is too late for them to learn appropriate behavior for someone of their age and status in life? Hmmmm? When will that happen, haters? Do you know? I would like one member of the lynch mob to rationally respond to that. Go right ahead.

33. doni says: Apr 26, 2010 3:04 PM

We’re with you Ben, the babbling fools out there will keep on trash talking but what else can you do when you reside in Cincy, Cleveland or that place in MD. We all want our team members to be savages when they strap on that helmet but heaven forbid they should exhibit any agressiveness when they take it off. You’re still the best in the business!

34. Outfoxed says: Apr 26, 2010 3:04 PM

His nose is now longer than his pecker after all those lies. Ben, you are a social deviate. Please get a grip on yourself.

35. Deb says: Apr 26, 2010 3:05 PM

Yes, Hizzle1281, he had to put that in there because if he hadn’t, fools would say he was “confessing” to rape. UcktheFeagles is a such a fool he said it anyway.
    8ball, there’s no need to mention the young, um, woman. No rape occurred. He’s apologizing for putting himself in a position where it could be alleged. He’s taking responsibility for HIS actions. She’ll have to take responsibility for drinking herself into oblivion, following the man from bar to bar, telling him she was down to f–k, engaging in sexually provocative behavior with him all evening, and allowing her sorority sisters–one of whom had an ax to grind–to drag her into this sordid mess. I won’t hold my breath for her to display the maturity, honesty, and character to do so.
    And if you PFTers want to say that’s because I’m a Ben apologist, go ahead. I’m reciting the findings of the investigation. You’re just bashing a rival team. I’d rather be right than popular.

36. dabarber says: Apr 26, 2010 3:08 PM

@ OLDSCHOOL –Too long, didn’t read–most likely stupid.
    der
    der
    der

37. heeeeelzfan says: Apr 26, 2010 3:08 PM

Give anyone enough rope………

38. Tony Snow says: Apr 26, 2010 3:08 PM

While Ben could not read this on air…he graciously asked me to coomunicate the following to the haters:
    Kiss my @ss … You broke m——–ers!

39. ItalianArmyGuy says: Apr 26, 2010 3:09 PM

Come on nerds – where are the “Ben’s turning gay – he’s quoting from Queen lyrics – everyone cover your rear and don’t bend over for soap!” posts??
    Do I have to do everything for you? Dumb-a$$es.

40. wydok says: Apr 26, 2010 3:10 PM

Fixed it for you, Ben:
    “Though I have been caught at committing a crime, I regret that I have fallen short of the values instilled in me by my family.”

41. deftspyder says: Apr 26, 2010 3:11 PM

The real question here is why a 2 time superbowl winning QB and millionaire needs to get 20 year old girls drunk.
    Around here drunk college girls at a club just need to see a nice car.

42. ECS - Brougham Boys 74 says: Apr 26, 2010 3:12 PM

It’s a good thing ol’ Rapistberger has the Make A Wish Foundation to help him restore that image and deflect criticism of his team! You know what they say, “Nothing beats bad publicity better than a terminally-ill child!” And if that doesn’t work, they’ve always got the Pennsylvania State Police there to destroy evidence, interfere with investigations, and physically restrain anyone who tries to help.

43. Ollie says: Apr 26, 2010 3:12 PM

“Though I have committed no crimes.”
    I assume that maybe that is a statement that his lawyers told him he had to put in there.

44. Stone says: Apr 26, 2010 3:13 PM

Rapists should never get a second chance.

45. mama tried says: Apr 26, 2010 3:13 PM

changing his ways means he’ll start raping older women, not just college girls!
    scumbag for life!!!!!!!

46. Theepx5 says: Apr 26, 2010 3:15 PM

Statements like this can be a powerful thing. I however have a lot of trouble with robotic written statements. You mean to tell me he had almost a week to prepare that? Not acceptable in my mind. What is wrong with being a man, stepping up to the plate and accepting the shots he is going to take. Speak from your heart Ben, not your lawyer. If you are truly sorry, you should make the extra effort to express such feelings, not standard statements. Sorry Ben, I try to give those the benefit of the doubt, but you have shown through dodging of the media, written statements, and general inactivity on your part to start the healing process, that you do indeed have something to hide.

47. connie says: Apr 26, 2010 3:15 PM

It is so funny that everyone wanted Tiger to stand up and answere questions but you don’t think BIG STUP BEN has to do the same thing.
    I get sick in my stomach every time I have to look at his ugly face. I live in Pgh

48. MikeFlorioIsMyBitch says: Apr 26, 2010 3:16 PM

UckTheFeagles says:
    April 26, 2010 2:43 PM
    Throw this idiot out of the NFL already.
    ————————————————
    You are a complete boob! Not a half a boob, a complete B-O-O-B……boob. He said he committed no crime but fell short of the values instilled in him by his family….
    You are just pi$$ed because you have Tony Romo leading your team into 1st round playoff loses, when he can get them in the playoffs.
    GO STEELERS! GO BIG BEN!!!!!!

49. Outfoxed says: Apr 26, 2010 3:16 PM

50. CT Stiller says: Apr 26, 2010 3:17 PM

overlord says:
    “As you all know, gambling in the Northeast preys on the people who can least likely afford to gamble away their money. I am talking about the poor, lower class individual.”
    LOL! And gambling in the Northwest, Southeast. Middle America and Southwest preys on who exactly?
    Nice try with the gambling angle. You’ll figure out a foolproof one eventually, and then you shall be a triumphant Steelers hater. You’d be the only one so far, too.

51. BenRoethlisburger says: Apr 26, 2010 3:18 PM

# hizzle1281 says: April 26, 2010 2:38 PM
    though i have commited no crimes”
    “haha he just had to put that in there huh?”
    Yes he did, and dickheads like you are the reason why.

52. PAJoe says: Apr 26, 2010 3:19 PM

I, Ben Rothlesberger, will immediately make amends by starting to search for OJ’s wifes killers. I suspect they are hanging at on a golf course or in a club, so I’ll look there first. I’ll take some goons (off duty cops) with me in case there is trouble. I’ll report back to you, my loyal fans, as soon as I find something.

53. heeeeelzfan says: Apr 26, 2010 3:19 PM

I wonder how many of us REALLY believe this won’t happen…again?

54. Child Please! says: Apr 26, 2010 3:20 PM

Since when is suppling underage girls alcohol, raping them and consipring to cover it up “not a crime”?

55. ECS - Brougham Boys 74 says: Apr 26, 2010 3:21 PM

Inside sources confirm that Timmy Johnson, a terminally-ill 12-yr-old from Pennsylvania, was scheduled to deliver the statement but passed away of chemotherapy-related complications on his way to the press conference. His parents were grief-stricken, and said young Timmy had wanted nothing more in his dying moments than to act as an official spokesman for his favorite quarterback.
    But not all is lost for young Timmy. His other wish was to be buried in a game-worn jersey of his favorite hero. The Rooney family personally donated the actual jersey worn by Rapistberger during SuperBowl XLIII, with the words “SHE SAID NO” proudly stitched on the nameplate.

56. steelersfan1981 says: Apr 26, 2010 3:21 PM

I have been a life long Steeler Fan and I do not in any way agree with what Ben did, but all you freakin idiot fans that think you don’t have a bunch of dirt bags on your team are crazy. I know Ravens fans are loving this, but there is a big difference. Ben didn’t kill anyone. Just like Ray, he is innocent, he was not charged. Oh and that’s right you have signed another guy that killed someone with his car. Two killers vs. some he said she said. Before you sit here and say sh!t look at your team and you will find they are no better, the biggest difference is they don’t have two superbowl rings and play for the best organization in football.

57. hobbeslax says: Apr 26, 2010 3:24 PM

fact of the matter you douchebags is that he has only been accused and not even charged w/anything. Do I think this guys is a saint-hell no! But back off on him. Does he need to clean up his act-f’yeah!. I want to like the guy and it’s a shame that he thew away demi-god like status in Pittsburg but that way his undoing. Give the man another chance.
    Go Steelers!!!

58. HarrisonHits says: Apr 26, 2010 3:25 PM

“…and will make the necessary improvements.”
    All they have to do is amputate at the neck and he’ll be just fine.

59. this class sucks says: Apr 26, 2010 3:29 PM

@outfoxed
    The you phrased that makes it seem that you are either saying he is telling the truth or is packing heat below the belt. Either way you probably should not have skipped freshman english to smoke weed out of a coke can in your dorm bath room.

60. Tomthebombtracy says: Apr 26, 2010 3:29 PM

What everyone is reacting to is the one-sided case made by the D.A. which turned out to be not strong enough for a conviction.
    All we heard from was the prosecution.
    The defense never made nor was it necessary for them to make a defense when the D.A. folded his hand.
    Would you want a jury to judge just on the accusations or would you want a defense first if it was you.
    Ben is many things….starting with stupid.
    This is either a wake up or a wake and bake call like Santonio.

61. trickbunny says: Apr 26, 2010 3:30 PM

Gotta love all these “win us another ring and all is forgiven” douchebags. As if winning something in a sporting event makes rape or sexual assualt more palatable.
    OK. So if my favorite rock star rapes your mother, all will be forgiven as long as I like his next CD. According to the Benablers’ logic, that scenario would be perfectly fine, right?

62. esox66 says: Apr 26, 2010 3:31 PM

I hear he’ll be wearing zipperless pants from now on…

63. tombrookshire says: Apr 26, 2010 3:37 PM

@oldschool – another way you could look at it is, NO MEANS NO!

64. MSWRavens says: Apr 26, 2010 3:39 PM

“I will not put myself in this situation again”
    Meanign next time, my bodyguards will get “all my [drunk] bitches” to come back to my place, and I’ll do my raping at home!!!

65. steelcity79 says: Apr 26, 2010 3:40 PM

LOL…
    all you steeler haters keep hating. You want him to go away so he can stop kicking all of your asses….Please, most of you don’t even know how to spell morals and values, see, there I just did it for you. But, you want to start preaching….
    oldschool….well said.
    Florio, if they pay you more then 5 bucks an hour, your overpaid. Here’s a thought, write or blog about something different, you frickin clown.

66. 8ball says: Apr 26, 2010 3:41 PM

Deb. ..Remedial f*ing English will teach you how to construct a sentence. What did you score on Wonderlic? I’d suspect it was about a six.

67. DanRooney says: Apr 26, 2010 3:42 PM

That money hungry college dropout whore is giving an opportunity for other teams to catch up in SB rings.

68. ppdoc13 says: Apr 26, 2010 3:42 PM

Ahh… Deb…. You know I have mad love for you. You are an ardent fan. But I will say again, I would not want this miscreant in the same state as my 19 year old daughter let alone the same zipcode.
    He can talk the talk. Let’s see if he can walk the walk. If he is a sexual predator (and the information available sure makes it seem that way) he’ll be doing it again. Why? Because he has to…..
    As for you dear Deb, accept the fact that the dude is on your team but don’t defend him, IMHO. Would you want your niece going to a party with him? Honestly?????

69. Viper2000 says: Apr 26, 2010 3:43 PM

Rapeloisburger needs to be throw in prison and made someone’s boyfriend!! Hey boy…touch your toes.

70. ladybucs&steelersnut says: Apr 26, 2010 3:44 PM

I totally agree with Florio – Ben deserves a chance to make amends. Hopefully he really gets it this time; that he repeatedly has shown poor judgement and put himself in not good situations.
    @ oldschool – Kind of a long post, but I agree with everything you said.

71. wyoff says: Apr 26, 2010 3:45 PM

Good post Deb.

72. Mooch says: Apr 26, 2010 3:45 PM

“telling him she was down to f–k”
    Keep repeating that lie, Deb. If you do it enough maybe it’ll become true.
    Or maybe it’ll just prove you are willing to go to extremes to deflect blame from Ben.

73. TheBaySay says: Apr 26, 2010 3:48 PM

I believe Genital Ben will change his ways. Or at least I will once I see a sworn statement from a doctor that he has been neutered.

74. Frank Burns says: Apr 26, 2010 3:49 PM

Meanwhile, the TMZ-reading crowd listens to a bunch of story-changing sorority girls and takes it as gospel: then laughs at the “committed no crime” statement as if THAT’S the joke. Really, you know-better’s are pretty hilarious.

75. kappa08 says: Apr 26, 2010 3:49 PM

next up: ‘brand myself with Jesus” Claim I’m a “born again”. Unfortunately my victims have to live with my stench on them for the rest of their lives…..

76. AllThat says: Apr 26, 2010 3:50 PM

@Holeinone09
    Not a member of a lynch mob, but I would think the bar should be ticketed for serving underage patrons.
    As far as the girls, probably nothing will happen to them. Why should it?

77. Phokus says: Apr 26, 2010 3:52 PM

The only thing Ben is sorry about is the fact that he got caught

78. if yer not first... says: Apr 26, 2010 3:53 PM

Deb Deb Deb – I don’t know if it’s so much that your a Ben apologist as it is that you are an anti-sorority bigot. Which one black-balled you?
    Seriously do you really believe anybody with any sense would think it’s okay for Ben to be suspended for 6 games if it was simply a judgement issue – BS – obviously the league believes there was a crime committed.
    (btw – the girl was only 20 – a child. Cut her some slack- Don’t know exaclty how old you are but by your bitterness I’d say at least late 30’s)

79. RebaT. says: Apr 26, 2010 4:00 PM

He admittted it! “Although I have committed no crime…” BS The rest of your speech stated you did it!!!! L O S E R !!

80. RebaT. says: Apr 26, 2010 4:00 PM

81. grobb says: Apr 26, 2010 4:03 PM

Doesn’t this pretty much mean he has to go Gay? I mean he can’t even risk going out on a legitimate date in fear that the woman would utter a word that just rhymes with rape. Nice knowing ya Benny.

82. FMWarner says: Apr 26, 2010 4:05 PM

Wow, you people are amazing! Why are you wasting time commenting on PTF instead of taking jobs as judges? You obviously have a better grasp on what a crime consists of than prosecutors, and even better, you don’t need to do any investigation to come to your inerrant conclusions! With your talents, we could avoid the costly and irrelevant step of actually having trials. You could save the government untold millions!

83. connie says: Apr 26, 2010 4:07 PM

Let me be the first to thank you BIG STUP BEN
    for not wanting to appeal the suspension I am so greatful NOT Your so stupid you had no choice. Please tell us who wrote the statement for you. IT WAS NOT ENOUGH

84. russraven says: Apr 26, 2010 4:07 PM

How much did it cost you to get out it?

85. smilergrogan says: Apr 26, 2010 4:12 PM

personally, i think most of the people posting have an incident (or two, or a hundred) which if put to the light of public scrutiny would make them look as bad as roethlisberger (or in many cases, much worse). as do jerry jones and the rest of the nfl owners, roger goodell and the entire roster of the espn nflnet print and electronic journalists talking out their asses.
    as to the incident, both parties were guilty of multiple ridiculous and reckless decisions rinsed with alcohol and resulting in a he said-she said outcome. not laudatory, but not exactly unheard of behavior in small college towns.
    to me, however, it’s pretty pathetic that this dude with all that jing cant find something better to be doing with his time than trolling the bars in a small college town.

86. ECS - Brougham Boys 74 says: Apr 26, 2010 4:16 PM

Only a 100% Grade-A scumbag would parade terminally-ill children in an effort to deflect criticism of a business. What kind of person tries to profit financially from the terminally ill?
    I thought the Rooneys were scum for trying to force us all to accept Rapistberger (“give him a third chance”). Then they trotted out a terminally ill kid to call their draft pick. Now I think the Rooneys are the biggest scum of the NFL. I don’t remember Al Davis trotting out some Luekemia victim to explain that Cable is a pretty good guy, he just has a problem with his temper.
    The Rooneys need to fire their PR people. They’re digging that hole deeper every day.

87. Holeinone09 says: Apr 26, 2010 4:19 PM

@AllThat says:
    April 26, 2010 3:50 PM
    @Holeinone09
    As far as the girls, probably nothing will happen to them. Why should it?
    * * * * *
    Thanks for civil reply. I agree, the bar should have some accountability for checking the IDs, but again she committed fraud by using a fake ID, and sometimes fraud is hard to detect, even by trained professionals. I am assuming she looked old enough, but since her name is not being released and her facebook page was taken down, who knows at this point.
    But seriously and in all honesty, if you can do that, do you think nothing at all should happen to those underage girls? Are you saying what they did was OK and they should not have any repercussions? Really? If you were their father, what you do think of their behavior? Would you encourage them to act like that again? And what does the school and the national org of that sorority think of their behavior? Like I said, nobody is addressing that issue, certainly none of the haters here. It would weaken their tirade against Ben who is getting generally what he deserves and is/will serve the punishment, and hopefully learn from it.
    Meanwhile, the drunken sorority bimbos apparently get away scott free with no lesson learned that anyone can be sure of. What is the chance they do it again? How nice.

88. BigBear123 says: Apr 26, 2010 4:25 PM

Him deciding not to fight the suspension speaks loud enough. With it being conditional I bet Goodell threatened to bitch slap Ben harder if he fought it.
    It is a Personal Conduct Policy, not a Criminal Conduct Policy, suspension is justified.
    Just wonder if 6 games is enough to keep Ben sober or at least somewhat responsible when he drinks.

89. Huckle says: Apr 26, 2010 4:28 PM

Once again, and again, and again, all the Steeler fans show a blatant suffering of battered wives syndrome.
    Just like the average dumb woman, you ignore and/or reinvent events to soothe your weak minds so you can continue to look upon someone you liked/loved as being a good person.
    Like it or not, Rapistberger has a fetish for girls who say no. Like it or not, the crowds in NYC stopped booing when the make-a-wish kid came out, you know, the one the Steelers used as a shield. Like it or not, it was probably the same kid that Rapistberger blew off earlier in his career, because he is a bad person. Like it or not, Cowher and Bradshaw, the people who you guys should be worshiping, hate Rapistberger.
    Deb is my favorite victim, though. Seriously Deb, how many men have abused you in your lifetime? No matter how many it is, you’ll still say none. We both know that won’t be true.
    For a team who has 6 Super Bowl rings, and a pretty damn successful history, the fans really are the sorest losers ever.

90. CKL says: Apr 26, 2010 4:32 PM

I see his lawyer or whoever wrote that added the apology to the fans this time. Judging by a lot of Steelers fans on here, that wasn’t needed I guess.

91. Ihateannouncers says: Apr 26, 2010 4:33 PM

Ben is stupid and you can hate him you want, but one thing is certain….IF he manages to stay out of trouble and wins another Superbowl, all will be forgiven.

92. BigBear123 says: Apr 26, 2010 4:34 PM

————————-
    They help Make A Wish often, do a google search and you can see it is quite routine.
    When the Pittsburgh Steelers were about to make their first pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, they were greeted by fans chanting “She said no!” in regards to their star quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger and his alleged sexual assault charges. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell then took the stage to introduce Zachary, a kid from the Make-A-Wish, who would make the pick. Afterwards, Zachary was confused as to why the Steelers fans would tell him not to rape anyone. “I’ve never raped anyone,” said Zach Attack. “Steelers fans are so weird. Most of their women looks like men. There’s no way anyone would want to rape any of them. Still, that was fairly mean that they chanted that at me. I can assure you, my one wish was not to be called a rapist by Steelers fans. Thanks, PIttsburgh.”

93. Grumpy Old Man says: Apr 26, 2010 4:37 PM

Instead of saying “Though I have committed no crime…”, you should have said “Though I have not been charged of a crime…”
    Wow – The apologists are out in full force today – It’s hard to say who is more pitiful – Ben or the apologists. What a bunch of moronic comments – Just win a few more super bowls and all will be forgiven – Wow – and stiller fans on this site call Bengals, Browns Ravens fans ignorant?! WOW – KETTLE meet POT.
    Would you let your daughter, your sister, your Grand Daughter, etc… go out and party with Ben and his possee?

94. funi says: Apr 26, 2010 4:42 PM

When Ben is leading Steelers to more super bowls, people will forget about the lying drunk slut, until she does it again to someone else!!

95. funi says: Apr 26, 2010 4:42 PM

96. Frank Burns says: Apr 26, 2010 4:42 PM

April 26, 2010 4:16 PM
    ———————————————-
    Chalk up another idiot who doesn’t get the concept of “Make a Wish.” Never mind that this kid requested HE call out the Steelers first pick a long time ago, being the Steelers fan he is and all — no some moron has to call out “conspiracy” on this one too.
    This is the same mental midget who shouts down said kid while he is trying to achieve his Wish (stay classy, haters!) — and who swallows the story of some drunk DTF sorority girls as gospel. Even though the DA down in Georgia thinks so much of it, he won’t even press a single charge.
    America, be proud — what mental giants you have within your shores!

97. HamBurghlar says: Apr 26, 2010 4:44 PM

Only a 100% Grade A scumbag would post on an anonymous internet site, a joke about a kid with leukemia dying to make himself feel better about his $hitty existence just because he’s a hater douchebag… Right @ECS?
    @Holeinone09: Amen, brotha.

98. copes cabana says: Apr 26, 2010 4:48 PM

overlord:
    Did the Rooney’s put a gun to their heads and make these people gamble. People chose to gamble and the rooney’s profitted from it (much like the state does, and I bet more poor people have lost money on lottery tickets than to the rooneys). Are you one of those people that has made so many bad choices that you would just like the world to believe those choices were made for you by evil powers. “It’s coors fault I am an alcoholic” “It’s Marlboros fault I have cancer” “It’s the casinos fault I gamble” “It’s my parents fault that I am pathetic and have to have usernames that make me feel powerful like overloard.” No. Take resposibility for the choices you make. It is all up to you no matter how pathetic you are. (Hopefully Ben realizes this too)

99. Snitchin' Bubs says: Apr 26, 2010 4:48 PM

FMWarner FTW!

100. dsims7_2000 says: Apr 26, 2010 4:48 PM

This is stupid in so many way. I’m a Browns fan, but I like to think Fair is Fair. All you haters here need an education in the law. HE DID NOT RAPE ANYONE. It was “sexual assualt!” Maybe he was helping drunk chick off the floor and grab her breast? None of us know, we were not there. Either was the commissioner! Does his judgement come into play, sure. Is that worth 6 games, NO!
    Look at top of this page you are reading on the left “Days Without an Arrest?” These people actually “committed” a crime. Why don’t they suspend them so games as it appears their judgement was questionable? If they did that, you likely would only have 25 to 25 players on the Field.

101. CT Stiller says: Apr 26, 2010 4:48 PM

connie says:
    “Let me be the first to thank you BIG STUP BEN for not wanting to appeal the suspension I am so greatful NOT Your so stupid you had no choice. Please tell us who wrote the statement for you IT WAS NOT ENOUGH”
    It’s like a 5 year old wrote this! Please keep commenting, connie.

102. jbrownsjockitch says: Apr 26, 2010 4:49 PM

lmfao, all of you Big Ben Enablers should start a support group to keep your hero out legal hot water in the future. maybe call it the DTBOFBS -” DOWN TO BEND OVER FOR BIG BEN SOCIETY” might be a win win for all of you -ben stays out of jail by banging skanks that actually want to bang him-(yeah that includes all the gals and guys defending Benny on this site), you fat ass mongloid steeler fans get banged by someone other than your kinfolk. Steelers will end up just missing the playoffs each season the next decade, and if lucky win one out of two playing your afc. north rivals (if Ben Plays). Live in the past “Sixburgh” your future is bleak “Shittsburg” WOOF WOOF

103. Rasta says: Apr 26, 2010 4:50 PM

Frank Burns
    the so called “law enforcement professionals” also commited a crime by holding out a hand and taking money.

104. TFBuckFutter says: Apr 26, 2010 4:51 PM

The next step is for it to disappear altogether.

105. Bdrunk says: Apr 26, 2010 4:55 PM

Sure, you can say you want to see him behind bars, or neutered, or ass raped because of how enraged you feel for the poor victim. His next presser could be announcing his retirement from football to become a girls’ gymnastics coach, and all would be just skippy with you, as long as he doesn’t play football in the NFL. Just be honest and get that out there and you’ll be rewarded with Bonus Internet Respect points!

106. Bdrunk says: Apr 26, 2010 5:01 PM

overlord says:
    April 26, 2010 2:51 PM
    “What people are too blinded to see is that the Rooneys are practically evil themselves. Remember, Art Rooney made his bones through gambling. He and the NFL used relaxed Blue Laws during prohibition era to allow NFL games to be played on Sunday. Later, his sons would make more money off of gambling.
    The Rooney’s are frauds and their false face they show on tv and in the news is just that, a facade. They are worse than someone like Big Ben who uses his fame to get women, who “loves em and leaves em.” The Rooneys destroy families by providing the hopes of the BiG WIN on a horse race. Just keep spending your money with em. That’s all those immoral a***holes ask for. Just keep spending your money. THEY ARE HIPPOCRITES”
    ——————————
    I’m guessing you don’t have any money, so your opinion is really kinda low on their list of concerns.

107. CT Stiller says: Apr 26, 2010 5:14 PM

russraven says:
    “How much did it cost you to get out it?”
    Can you please re-phrase? That first try didn’t come out in English.
    Thanks.

108. gooboy6 says: Apr 26, 2010 5:15 PM

everybody will forgive and forget over time…..IF he wins another super bowl

109. DC603 says: Apr 26, 2010 5:23 PM

Frank Burns-
    “”He DID “commit no crime.” That isn’t according to just him, that’s to law-enforcement professionals who actually investigated the matter.”
    But moving forward, it doesn’t matter (except for the girl if it’s true, and the multiple other women that have accused him in the past). The NFL has a conduct code, plain and simple. Rape or not, walking around with your junk hanging out and feeding booze to young and underage girls is poor conduct. That’s what they’re suspending him for.

110. footballrulz says: Apr 26, 2010 5:29 PM

btw – the girl was only 20 – a child. Cut her some slack-
    ________________________________
    I can’t believe I actually read that. A child that used a fake ID to get totally knee knocking drunk while wearing a DTF necklace and bar hopping with (rephrase that as following from bar to bar) an NFL QB. A Child? That’s reaching dude. Hell, Ben’s only 28, what’s that make him, a teenager?
    The best “opinion” I’ve read on this whole thing was that report from The Bleacher that old school posted. Actual common sense.
    @ Reba T–please don;t post the same thing twice–it sounds just as stupid the 2nd time.
    I certainly hope some of the folks on here are never called for jury duty.
    I’m no Steeler fan & Ben’s a true idiot and from what I can gather, quite sleazy but you guys need to give it a rest. (As does PFT). These are getting worse than Vike/Pack posts.

111. BonnieD says: Apr 26, 2010 5:37 PM

It would have sounded more sincere without the “I have committed no crime in there.” With that in there, it sounded like Ben hasn’t learned his lesson yet.

112. HamBurghlar says: Apr 26, 2010 5:41 PM

@TFBuckFutter: “Well, it is true that pieces of shit can change. Dogshit, for instance, goes from brown to white.”

113. 60eagles says: Apr 26, 2010 5:50 PM

Walking around with his zipper down and penis out is sooooooo normal. Having a cop guard a restroom while he goes in with a drunk young girl. Sooooooooo normal. Second chance my eye. He working on his FOURTH CHANCE.

114. WVUColumbus says: Apr 26, 2010 5:57 PM

The reason that quote is so close to “We are the Champions” is because Ben and the Steelers can’t get that song out of their heads since they’ve won it so often.
    Go Steelers
    Ben is innocent. The majority of fans know this except for a few Ravens and Browns fans on here. Relax and move on. We’ll still win the division w/ Troy, Aaron, James, Hines and Co.

115. locutsofberg says: Apr 26, 2010 6:05 PM

(Sigh)…all Steeler fans huddle around for a moment, please. As the old saying goes, “pay attention…the devil is in the details”. In observing the plethora of vitriolic comments on any thread regarding Big (not referring to his brain) Ben, the most obvious theme that leaps out is the assumption of guilt. But let’s strain that through the fact that Ben will never read/hear any of these acrid soliloquies. So what whale could these erstwhile Ahab’s be aiming for? That’s right…us. The Steeler nation itself. Is it their outrage at women being mistreated that has them so eloquently and colorfully (albeit sans imagination) verbose towards Ben? I’d wager a look at their hard drives would prove that they, treat women like stamps (lick’em, stick’em and send’em away) themselves… but I digress. The presumption of innocence was woven into our existence as a country over two hundred years ago when we declared independence from Great Britain…(for you Raven fans, The USA was formally a colony of…ah, skip it. You won’t understand anyway.) It is guaranteed to all of us, no matter what the charge. Incidentally, for YOU Mr. Florio, a former attorney; to assert that Ben or anyone for that matter is “hiding behind” their 5th amendment rights is tantamount to judicially saying “if rape is inevitable, lay back and enjoy it.” Standing on your rights is neither an admission of guilt nor an implication of guilt. But since PFT has become the gridiron version of TMZ, the spin is on as long as it leads to hits. PFT is fast becoming an internet version of “Birth of a Nation” spurring on white knights crusading to protect the honor of all the pure young maidens in Ben’s sightlines. A young man named Emmitt Louis Till once paid the price for “allegedly” whistling at a woman (look it up sports fan, and see the handiwork of your forefathers). As for the fans…nothing hurts NFL fans more than the number Six…except the possibility of number seven which brings us to number 7. The threat of No.7 brining number Seven to the burgh is far scarier to them than he is to drunken college girls. Interpret the hate comments as sweet, sweet acknowledgement of franchise superiority. Nothing defeats scoreboard…Nothing…NOTHING!!! Say to yourselves all you want that you’d prefer Flaccid Flacco (HA!) or Carson Daily…err Palmer (Right!) or Joke ( I never met a DB I didn’t like better than my own receivers) Delhomme to Ben. The truth is if the Steelers released him, you’d have young coeds and all the Natty light you could find chained the tarmac of your municipal airports tonight. As Mark Twain once said, Youth is wasted on the young. Ben is young and stupid. But the facts state that there is no evidence that he ever committed a crime. Ben does indeed owe all NFL and more to the point all Steeler fans a measure of gratitude for the life that we afford him. But we have to give him the chance to pay it back.

116. Ravenmaniac says: Apr 26, 2010 6:14 PM

Steeler fans…do any of you believe the ben actually wrote this???

117. hubeee says: Apr 26, 2010 6:19 PM

If his name was Joe-six-pack, he will still be in jail for RAPE, abduction, kidnap,and buying booze for minors. But the rich have their own set of rules. SAD!

118. Theepx5 says: Apr 26, 2010 6:24 PM

119. BenRoethlisburger says: Apr 26, 2010 6:39 PM

DC603 says: April 26, 2010 5:23 PM
    “No, law enforcement said there wasn’t enough evidence to charge him with a crime. They didn’t say conclusively that there WASN’T a crime.”
    Which in your mind, equates that there WAS a crime, and yet you see nothing wrong with YOUR flawed logic.
    And you haters wonder why Steelers fans think you’re all such f*cking idiots.

120. yesiamasteelerfan says: Apr 26, 2010 6:52 PM

I won’t be rooting for the Steelers when Ben returns and I will cheer every interception and incompletion Ben throws.
    I hope the Fox affiliate in Pgh decides to carry games opposite the Steelers – something they have not done in the past. I may just change the channel.

121. mr_snrub says: Apr 26, 2010 7:04 PM

People should leave the Steelers out of this so that more focus can be put on the main issue – Roethlisberger being a rapist.
    We don’t need a criminal conviction to know this. A criminal conviction is only needed to force a person into jail or prison. For you apologists who can’t grasp this point just realize you should be defending Orenthal just as much as your serial rapist hero Ben. At the very least Benny is worst than a major DB.
    People are generally reluctant to come forward about being raped, so the odds are that these two women aren’t the only ones. Hopefully, two of these women coming forward will inspire the other victims of Roethlisberger to get their stories out.
    And, hopefully, Roethlisberger looked the commish in the face and Mike Vicked him. 6 games to 4 games is too light.
    Oh yeah, “Allegedly.”

122. BBB82 says: Apr 26, 2010 7:10 PM

I hope he realizes that people don’t just hate him for kinda-sorta-maybe raping a few women. People hate him because he’s a self absorbed jackass who treats other human beings like dirt.

123. BenRoethlisburger says: Apr 26, 2010 7:11 PM

# RebaT. says: April 26, 2010 4:00 PM
    “I have no pity or empathy for a man with this type of character. He’ll do it again.”
    Do what again?
    NOT rape somebody?
    I guess I will too then…

124. Bious says: Apr 26, 2010 7:11 PM

More talk….he will probably not go out this season and get his image “back”
    Then he will win some games….fans will love him again….and he will become the same person again

125. Deb says: Apr 26, 2010 7:18 PM

@Huckle … Since I’ve said on multiple posts that I’m a rape survivor, your comment makes no sense at all. But what else is new?
    DC603 says:
    ———————————————
    The rape kit in Georgia said the crime of vaginal rape–which is what the accuser claimed–didn’t occur. No crime was reported in Nevada, and the police there said there’s no evidence a crime ever occurred.
    @Mooch … Multiple statements were given. You have to read more than one. Others said she told him herself what the pin meant. The DA said in his press conference they were talking and behaving in a sexually provocative manner–“him to her and her to him”–but he didn’t want to provide the “salacious” details. Try to keep up.
    @8ball … Aw, so testy. Sorry you failed first-grade reading. Will try to use short words, simple sentences for you.

126. BenRoethlisburger says: Apr 26, 2010 7:27 PM

# TFBuckFutter says: April 26, 2010 4:51 PM
    The next step is for it to disappear altogether.”
    Well then obviously we’re not going to have to hear from you for much longer…

127. badthings says: Apr 26, 2010 7:36 PM

# hobbeslax says: April 26, 2010 3:24 PM
    Go Steelers!!!
    _____________________________________
    Another chance to Rape again?

128. overlord says: Apr 26, 2010 7:53 PM

You know, it was my wish that the thought provoking argument that the Rooney’s are hippocrites for bashing Big Ben would bring out the best of the intelligent members of this forum.
    Apparently, it did not. Go back and read between the lines. The NFL and the Rooney’s have been breaking (or bending) laws to suit their own needs for 75 years. The Rooney’s built their fortune on the backs of blue collar citizens. As a matter of fact, Dan and Art are the only Rooney’s not involved with Gambling anymore. The Rooney brothers knew that gambling dollars will always outweigh even the most bloated professional franchise’s value.
    I like the Steelers!!! I am in a Steelers fan club. I have also been in Big Ben’s shoes, sort of, going bar hopping in the odl days, one night stands. The difference is that I am not a Millionaire and the press could care less who I sleep with. (although if you interview some of the ladies, you could probably fill a few months worth of Penthouse Forums)
    The point is that the Rooney’s are hippocritical in their stand against Big Ben. Their family has not only bent or broken laws (truth is an affirmative defense, do your own research on this), they continue to rob hard working citizens of hard earned dollars through gambling. (do your research on this too, assholes, most people who gamble are of lower intelligence and lower to lower-middle class)
    Yes, Big Ben needs to keep it in his pants, but, the Rooney’s just need to shut the F””K up. They have perpetrated far worse than Big Ben’s johnson ever can.

129. Sports Doll says: Apr 26, 2010 7:58 PM

________________________________
    20 is not a child — its old enough to know right/ wrong (lying, fake ID, underage consumption, insane amounts of alcohol in one night, acting a fool around boys, etc.). Why do people have such a difficult time seeing this 20 year old as a WOMAN?? Which is what she is (a young one). Does it scare your puritan sensibilities that women will act out sexually – just like the boys?? (I was in a popular sorority during college too… I remember one beautiful, intelligent sorority sister woke up next to a dude that she could not remember his name or anything about him other than they had sex. Everyone thought it was funny). Until I hear both sides of the issue (straight from their own mouths – (not the elected DA in his dog/pony show), no harm, no foul. It’s just two drunk, fools making poor decisions. This woman needs to own her sexual behavior – the good, the bad and the ugly of it. Looks like BR is doing that — hope he means it and puts some class in his walk.

130. Theepx5 says: Apr 26, 2010 8:08 PM

131. Sports Doll says: Apr 26, 2010 8:23 PM

For all you haters on the Steelers and Make-A-Wish at the draft: The boy (Hatfield) requested the opportunity to announce a pick at the draft (and the Steelers are his favorite team). Those of you who are making this boy’s wish a joke herein are pathetic. Best wishes and good health to Mr. Hatfield. See below….
    But this past week, Hatfield got to enjoy being a kid thanks to the NFL, Steelers and Make-A-Wish Foundation. Hatfield’s wish to attend the NFL Draft and announce the Steelers number one draft pick was granted. So when the moment came, he headed to the podium, decked out in a Steelers jersey, with Commissioner Roger Goodell and announced Maurkice Pouncey as the team’s top pick.
    “I wanted to do something original,” said Hatfield. “I never heard of anything like that. I just thought going to the draft and announcing the Steelers pick would be fun. At first I was kind of nervous. Once I got up there it was really exciting and a lot of fun.”

132. Klytus says: Apr 26, 2010 8:24 PM

Back to Ben’s written statement. It was a good “first step”. There are more steps, difficult steps ahead for Ben.
    Many a man who has known himself at ten forgets himself utterly between ten and thirty.
    Catherine Drinker Bowen (1897–1973), U.S. author. Friends and Fiddlers, ch. 9 (1934).
    GO STEELERS!

133. TFBuckFutter says: Apr 26, 2010 8:28 PM

“HamBurghlar says:
    April 26, 2010 5:41 PM
    Wow, racist much? Hope you can sleep at night with your pointed white hat and robe.. Next thing you know, you’ll be saying if Ben was Jason Campbell, he’d be in jail by now. Jeez… ”
    Well done.
    You win the award for most asinine race card.
    However, since it WAS Georgia, Jason Campbell probably would have been strung up without a trial. Just look at recent history. Ronnie Brown can’t get out of a DUI, but Ben can get away with being the rapiest guy in the state.

134. Deb says: Apr 26, 2010 8:33 PM

ppdoc13 says:
    Would you want your niece going to a party with him? Honestly?????
    ————————————————
    ppdoc13, thanks for being able to disagree but remain a gentleman. It’s rare. My niece is seven, so honestly … no.
    Actually, the information available does not point to him being a sexual predator. That’s the biggest problem for me in all this. As a rape survivor, I want to protect your daughter and my niece from predators. But thanks to women like these, that job is a lot harder than it should be. On today’s college campuses, women are almost urged to drink themselves into oblivion and bed what they like. If it doesn’t look so pretty in the a.m. or they feel some embarrassment or regret or the guy tosses them aside, they can just cry rape. After all, they were too drunk to consent. Never mind that the guy was just as drunk as they were and couldn’t tell they didn’t consent when they were climbing all over him. Don’t believe me? Start researching. Seriously. You’ll be shocked. I was.
    No, after reading the court filings, I honestly believe Roethlisberger is a big, dumb oak who has put himself in a terrible situation … but he never raped or assaulted anyone.

135. raylewisthemurderer says: Apr 26, 2010 8:54 PM

Deb,
    Nice to hear these comments from a woman, your arguments are completely spot on accurate.
    Ben has committed no crime other than being a drunk idiot and reacting to an attractive blonde hitting on him, he should have been smart enough to say “Go home honey, you’re drunk”
    Ravens fans are really quite hilarious though, they glorify a “known” murderer, who lied to the cops in Atlanta about what he knew, and they just signed another one!!
    Get over it retards(Ravens fans), we will always be better than you!!
    Ben will pick you apart again this year

136. TFBuckFutter says: Apr 26, 2010 8:58 PM

Is it true the Pittsburgh Make-a-Wish Foundation has been inundated with requests from women wishing Ben would stop raping them?

137. TFBuckFutter says: Apr 26, 2010 9:00 PM

“Deb says:
    April 26, 2010 8:33 PM
    As a rape survivor”
    Have you considered just changing your username to that?
    It would save you the trouble of referencing it in EVERY. SINGLE. POST.

138. bigstorm says: Apr 26, 2010 9:00 PM

ECS….f%$k off back to your Seahawks blog. I have yet to see you write one intelligent thing on this blog. Your $5 bet that you lost on SB XL ain’t coming back son. Move on…..moron. You are obsessed with ben and his cock you deviant.
    Anyone that thinks this is anything more than a hiccup in Ben’s career is nuts. He has won two SBs and will win at least two more at his age.
    Vegas isn’t bothered by this….I see that the Steelers are 18:1 favorites: the same as the Ravens. Strange I didn’t see the Bengals on the list or the Shithawks. Now cue the guys who know more than Vegas.
    I hate being right all the time.

139. IStateYourName says: Apr 26, 2010 9:04 PM

Here’s what he needs to do. He needs to marry that girl in Georgia. He’s got some time on his hands now. He can go down there and do some proper courtin’ and all. He marries her and come week 7, it’s a non-issue. Think of it: the newlywed Big Ben starting the game, the constant camera shots of Mrs. R in the owners booth (think Deanna Farvre), its a win-win for everyone!

140. Deb says: Apr 26, 2010 9:06 PM

@ppdoc13 …
    ROFL …. okay, I meant to say he was a big, dumb OAF, not oak.

141. Mooch says: Apr 26, 2010 9:09 PM

“Others said she told him herself what the pin meant.”
    Right. That was my understanding as well – but that isn’t how you’ve repeatedly characterized it.
    You said she told him “[she was] down to f—“.
    That was your distortion. In your version she tells him what she wants to do. The real version has her telling him what the initials on the badge stand for.
    Your phony version directly implies motive. The real one you now cite merely suggests a motive.
    It’s an important distinction. Why you need to continually make up facts surrounding that exchange leads one to think you are creating a narrative to mitigate blame for your favorite QB.
    Just curious.

142. Willy says: Apr 26, 2010 9:14 PM

I see two possible scenarios from Ben’s actions with regards to the team he plays on. First, he will be the absolute authority on the field (Who is gonna say NO to him, then bend over in front of him?) and secondly, when he suggests a play he wishes to run, Is Tomlin going to say “We don’t need to do this right now.” Big ben is now the absolute authority on the Pitt Steelers, everyone knows what is coming if they say no……little ben a high speed…a heat seeking moisture missile…..lol

143. Mooch says: Apr 26, 2010 9:16 PM

CTSpiller…
    Name me another pro athlete who has been accused this many time of the same crime within so short a timespan.
    Just one.
    Time’s yours.

144. deebee says: Apr 26, 2010 9:35 PM

wow! let he who has no sin cast the first stone! I think it fair to say that BB screwed up and is screwed up. I for one hope he matures enough to see the errors of his ways and alters his lifestyle. Its simple, but it ain’t easy, just do the right thing Ben. All haters should return to Fox news for a recharge of venom for the next time someone else proves he is only human.

145. 8ball says: Apr 26, 2010 9:35 PM

Deb…..Your degrees ? Your College ? Your published works ?
    Thought so…. rock smoker !

146. Mooch says: Apr 26, 2010 9:43 PM

Deb – I’m not so sure. I think that Ben has a compulsion to drink and what in the 50’s they’d call ‘womanizing’. This can best be seen on “Mad Men” (Don Draper) – it isn’t rape, but it’s not all that savory either and it may come close given a lack of restraint (Pete Campbell with the nanny).
    I’ve said many times that we will never know. But what is clear is this – Ben has, several times now, conducted himself in a manner that threatens his own fame, fortune, and good name. Possibly his freedom. And that seems to be the consensus no matter what you may think happened in GA, no?
    Unlike others, I don’t think you can chalk it all up to stupidity. After the Vegas episode he had to realize that he cost himself something by acting stupidly. And that he risked more had the woman been remotely credible.
    To me, his going out yet again (and possibly more times besides this) in Georgia shows a total lack of regard for his fame, fortune, and good name.
    I think this goes beyond ‘not learning his lesson’…there is a compulsion to drink (which I think is indisputable) and womanize (and we are all free to speculate if that’s limited to being a male slut or being a rapist or something in between).
    When someone continually engages in self-destructive behavior (personal and professional) – be it booze, crystal meth, Ted Haggard’s trysts with gay hookers, etc – there is more than stupidity behind it. It is a compulsion to ignore the red flags and ramifications, get lost in the moment and just do it (PS – Tiger had much the same compulsion with women, IMO).