Pacman says he's pretty much "partied out"

The Lions haven’t ruled out bringing in Pacman Jones, but they aren’t being aggressive about their interest either.  Jones touched base with Lions coach Jim Schwartz this week.

“I texted him and just told him that I’m still available, I like what
they did in the draft,” Jones told the Detroit Free Press.
“It was just a simple text message. And he was like, ‘Thanks. Keep your
head up and keep the faith.’ We left it at that.”

Jones says he’s ready to take a minimum-salary, incentive-laden deal and wants to join a team as soon as possible.  He also says he won’t fall into the same traps that got him in trouble early in his career.

“You ain’t got to worry about no phone calls at 3, 4 in the morning. I’m
here to play football,” Jones said.  “Partying was what I liked to do back then. I’m pretty much partied out
now.”

The question is whether he’s played out too. We don’t buy the various reports of “interest” in Pacman because he’s obviously ready to sign and no one will meet with him.

Jones may have to forget about those incentives and take any minimum salary deal he’s offered.

Permalink 67 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
67 Responses to “Pacman says he's pretty much "partied out"”
  1. Michael LaRocca says: Apr 29, 2010 10:47 AM

Now he’s got to have a Super Xray! Scrip clubs!

2. HarrisonHits says: Apr 29, 2010 10:48 AM

“I’m pretty much partied out now.”
    Translates too I’ve spent all my money, my posse has left me since I can’t support them, and I’ll do anything no to have to take a job that involves asking the customer if they would like some fries with that whopper.
    Hopefully the Lions won’t sink to bringing this turd back into the league.

3. Leto_II says: Apr 29, 2010 10:50 AM

“I’m pretty much partied out now”
    Translation: I don’t have any more money.

4. Profanity in ALL CAPS says: Apr 29, 2010 10:50 AM

pacman, if you’re gonna spew, spew into this
    this. meaning, this website

5. samsara76 says: Apr 29, 2010 10:51 AM

He is out of money and realized that he pissed away his carrer. Such a responsible turnaround. Throw away everything to realize that you are just a looser.

6. FinFan says: Apr 29, 2010 10:52 AM

Thats because he has no friends anymore! Now that hes not a NFL Footballer he has no MONEY

7. TheOne says: Apr 29, 2010 10:52 AM

Pacman was good, I am unsure about now. I think Dallas should of not dropped him. Dallas should of kept him and let him start out fresh from the start of the seson, since he never got to do that with the team. I think that would of worked out for him and the team.

8. TiceWasBetter says: Apr 29, 2010 10:52 AM

Yeah. Lots of people would take an NFL minimum salary contract of minimum wage at McDonalds.
    Duh.

9. rickah8888 says: Apr 29, 2010 10:53 AM

He’s all “partied out” because he’s outta CA$H!! What a dope!

10. Skinsfan23 says: Apr 29, 2010 10:53 AM

skins, just get on him and sharper.

11. BigBaldPapaHawk says: Apr 29, 2010 10:57 AM

“Partied out” as in he can no longer financially afford to party like he used to?
    Probably.

12. Jamarcus says: Apr 29, 2010 10:57 AM

Only “pretty much” though. He can still get hammered here and there.

13. packfan4ever says: Apr 29, 2010 10:59 AM

sounds like green bay would be the perfect place for him then

14. funi says: Apr 29, 2010 11:00 AM

The phone calls will come at 1-2:00am or 4-5:00am! Once a punk always a punk!

15. RaiderChile says: Apr 29, 2010 11:00 AM

Yeah right. He has no money to party with but if the Lions are stupid enough to get this fool, he’ll party like its 1999 again and go through the same ol BS. Goodell needs to tell this bum to move on.

16. karmathaitch says: Apr 29, 2010 11:00 AM

Hard to party when you dont have any “rain money!”

17. AdamEagle5 says: Apr 29, 2010 11:02 AM

Eagles need a CB… just sayin

18. tired_pirate says: Apr 29, 2010 11:02 AM

He’s partied out because the paychecks ran out.

19. shoe says: Apr 29, 2010 11:05 AM

Hello New York Jets!

20. prmpft says: Apr 29, 2010 11:11 AM

ummm, yeah…rrriiight…got it…mmmhmmm…
    all scripped out too – stay unemployed a little longer & he can only make it dribble – the scrippers will hate him…

21. BigBear123 says: Apr 29, 2010 11:13 AM

Partied out cause he ain’t got no cash to make it rain no mo’

22. BigBear123 says: Apr 29, 2010 11:14 AM

The club manager his entourage left paralyzed is pretty much “partied out” too.

23. vanhelsing says: Apr 29, 2010 11:15 AM

to quote fidel castro, “boolsheet”

24. Rasta says: Apr 29, 2010 11:16 AM

It’s hard to party when a person is broke I KNOW!

25. PkrNboro says: Apr 29, 2010 11:17 AM

“You ain’t got to worry about no phone calls…”
    …………….
    perhaps he could seek employment as a “butcher”

26. KWKen says: Apr 29, 2010 11:18 AM

Come on Browns, take a chance and sign him but give him a zero-tolerance discipline waiver in his contract.

27. Philly Cheese says: Apr 29, 2010 11:19 AM

He probably figured that there would always be a team that would take him in, no matter what. How’s that reality thing working out for you, Pacman?

28. jb10 says: Apr 29, 2010 11:21 AM

so what he is saying is that he spent the majority of his signing bonus and now needs a job?

29. robert ethan says: Apr 29, 2010 11:24 AM

Know how you feel, Pac. I had to put the groceries back on the shelves yesterday because my debit card was All Partied Out.

30. lurch's nyquil says: Apr 29, 2010 11:26 AM

How could you ever get tired of makin it rain in da scrip club?

31. Marv_Sleezy says: Apr 29, 2010 11:31 AM

The delay in posting comments on this website is unfortunate – It causes different people to post the exact same thing 50 times.
    Very often there are 25 comments posted at once, and when you try to read them they are all similar.

32. charliewade says: Apr 29, 2010 11:31 AM

Pathetic. If NFL can be counted on to do one thing, it is to sign ANYONE who might help them win a game. That includes felons, people involved in murders, sex offenders,… you name it. If you can help them, they will sign you, public fallout be damned.
    The fact that Pacman hasn’t been signed yet (much less had his tired kicked) by a team is very very telling. Teams would rather take a flyer on unproven rookies than take a chance on Pacman. He’s proven himself to be too much of a PITA for even the Raiders to sign him.
    Stick a fork in him, he’s done. And he has no one to blame but himself.

33. AllThat says: Apr 29, 2010 11:39 AM

@funi says:
    April 29, 2010 11:00 AM
    The phone calls will come at 1-2:00am or 4-5:00am! Once a punk always a punk!
    Sort of like Bennie eh?

34. KingJoe! says: Apr 29, 2010 11:40 AM

This guy went to college!!!
    “You ain’t got to worry about no phone calls at 3, 4 in the morning. I’m here to play football,” Jones said. “Partying was what I liked to do back then. I’m pretty much partied out now.”
    I think college is over-rated.

35. FFreport.com says: Apr 29, 2010 11:53 AM

Pac Man can make it rain french fries!

36. sdffa11 says: Apr 29, 2010 11:55 AM

blacks will say anything when they’re broke. he’s a liar and a scumbag and doesn’t deserve a 5th chance

37. ClownBurger says: Apr 29, 2010 11:56 AM

The Lions will give him a try IF they don’t think they have a solid punt returner on the team.
    They’re going to work their rookies this weekend to get a better feel for it.
    If they have a good feeling about one of the rookies returning punts, they won’t bother with him. However if they feel like they need help in that area, they’ll roll the dice on him.

38. SterilizeTHenry says: Apr 29, 2010 12:02 PM

I hear ya pacman. My early 20s are one big blur. Now I can barely muster up enough energy to go out to celebrate my birthday.

39. Hap says: Apr 29, 2010 12:04 PM

I’d give him a shot IF a CB was needed. What do ya have to lose at vet minimum ?

40. fastfred21 says: Apr 29, 2010 12:04 PM

maybe the reality of screwing up the best years of his career and life have sunkin in far enuff to get some production outta him, I think he’ll be cheap and have something to prove. I think a base salary with incentives is not outrageous as long as the large print reads “SCREW UP AND YOUR GONE !”

41. Duck Fallas says: Apr 29, 2010 12:04 PM

He reeks of desperation now that he doesn’t have enough money to make it partly cloudy.

42. GMan412 says: Apr 29, 2010 12:09 PM

The pride of every Mountaineer!

43. Jungle Juice says: Apr 29, 2010 12:18 PM

If he does sign perhaps he could use that money for some English lessons.
    Seriously – these colleges that some of these athletes went to should be ashamed at their education level. How do you go through 3-4 years of higher education and not know how to speak?

44. lifelongphinfan says: Apr 29, 2010 12:27 PM

“pretty much partied out now” well pac-man i ask why stop now? and even more importantly why should anyone believe you?btw is your mother a prostitute?

45. purpleguy says: Apr 29, 2010 12:34 PM

Maybe he should go back to school and take a frigging english class.

46. johnny696 says: Apr 29, 2010 12:48 PM

I am surprised that he knows how to text.

47. pacificamike says: Apr 29, 2010 12:52 PM

Lions could be an 8-8 team if they sign pacman….

48. spliffbunker says: Apr 29, 2010 12:55 PM

from 2007:
    Jones took out a full ad in The Tennessean, promising “he’ll win back trust” of his teammates and fans.” ” I will do everything in my power to regain your trust and respect.” Jones also wrote in the letter, his plans to re-enroll and finish his degree at West Virginia University.
    ………………………………
    at least Adam will have that college degree to fall back on as he enters the job market…

49. PinesRob says: Apr 29, 2010 12:55 PM

ESPN 30 30 here it comes

50. DoughBoyRAC says: Apr 29, 2010 12:58 PM

Reminds me of Lucy and Charlie Brown.
    “Really, Charlie Brown! I won’t yank the ball away when you try to kick it THIS time!”
    (Cue the accusations of racism!)

51. roosterwes says: Apr 29, 2010 1:07 PM

All he’d have to do is shave his head and get footage of a workout to the media, and someone would pick him up. i.e. Cowboys, Jets, etc

52. Tinbender says: Apr 29, 2010 1:07 PM

Someone will sign him because unfortunately, everyone loves to see a train wreck.

53. XLI says: Apr 29, 2010 1:17 PM

Pacman Jones has given the real Pacman a bad name. Where are one of those Red, Pink, Blue, or Orange Ghosts when you need one. Pacman is getting a little slow and worn down, so it would be a great time to have a Ghost chase him down … GAME OVER!
    No more ‘extra lives’ for Pacman, just end his association with the NFL for good.

54. Tikkanen says: Apr 29, 2010 1:20 PM

Does Pacman meet the requirement for the veteran’s contract being guaranteed for the season if they are on the roster on week 1? If so, teams may be waiting until after that to sign him. Wouldn’t hurt to bring him in and kick the tires.

55. deftspyder says: Apr 29, 2010 1:20 PM

Is he actually broke, with confirmation… or is this site full of people makign statements they have no support for?

56. Jack Acid says: Apr 29, 2010 1:36 PM

Well that certainly doesn’t sound like the Lions are overly interested.

57. azdetroitfan says: Apr 29, 2010 2:04 PM

Are lil wayne and Pacman really two different people?
    This guy does seem motivated to stay on the straight and narrow for a year to get another big contract. Once that happens back to the scrip club to make it rain.

58. WarrenMoonGOAT says: Apr 29, 2010 2:15 PM

johnny696 says:
    April 29, 2010 12:48 PM
    I am surprised that he knows how to text.
    that was stupid
    in 2010 everyone knows how to text

59. markerdown says: Apr 29, 2010 2:31 PM

Whatta maroon!!

60. LiLsWISHA says: Apr 29, 2010 2:50 PM

Everyone leaving these hating ass comments about pacman jones are most likely lame ass people who never had any fun in life. He might be broke by NFL player standards, but I’ll bet he has more money than the “Git’r done” people commenting on him. You don’t need money to party. I understand him when he says he’s all partied out. There was a point and time in my life (when I didn’t have alot of money) I was smoking weed, drinking liquor, and getting pussy from different girls everyday. BUT, you get tired of it, just as pacman says. I quit my partying lifestyle for the sake of my boxing career, and I KNOW Pacman will do the same for his football career.

61. ToddMarlin says: Apr 29, 2010 3:12 PM

Of course he has more money that the “Git’ r done” folks. He probably saves a ton of cash by just stealing whatever he needs to live day to day rather than paying for things like people in the real world. His only expenses are to “make it rain”, and pay for people that he’s left paralyzed…

62. ToddMarlin says: Apr 29, 2010 3:15 PM

I’m sure at the ripe old age of 26, he’s genuinely tired of partying. It’s not much more likely that he’s run of cash after making it rain for the last 5 yrs. Typical is all I can say. I feel bad for the innocent people he’ll shoot to steal from after he is completely broke.

63. ToddMarlin says: Apr 29, 2010 3:20 PM

Of course he’s partied out…hard to party when you can’t even afford bottle service anymore. Hopefully making it rain was more fun than investing the money and having it last for your non football playing days…which have come rather quickly eh ?

64. RedMan says: Apr 29, 2010 3:51 PM

# sdffa11 says: April 29, 2010 11:55 AM
    _________________________________
    Eww! You kiss your b@stards with that mouth?

65. Bious says: Apr 29, 2010 6:14 PM

If he didn’t change after all the crap that happened before the Cowboys, he won’t change now
    He is getting older but is still a HUGE upgrade for the Lions
    Sign and possible give the Lions 1-2 more wins

66. SheHateMe says: Apr 29, 2010 10:14 PM

The reason I love this site is that it reminds me of a smoke-filled mens club where you can say pretty much anything you want without having to apologize to anybody.
    Of course, the anonymity of the place means that some of you will inevitably go beyond the bounds of good taste and fairness. I pretty much agree with just about everything said here about this absolute scumbag, but I know too many honest, decent, hard-working black people to let the pointless racial comments pass without comment.
    For those of you have lived a more sheltered life than me, I have met more than a few white folks who would say anything when they are broke , too, and who have wasted money and opportunity all their lives.
    I love the hard-bitten, uncensored, and mostly funny comments I find here, Too bad some of you have to expose your inner racist though.
    Pacman deserves just about anything said about him, but it simply isn’t neccessary to ascribed his behavior to all black people…………

67. areuserious says: Apr 30, 2010 11:55 AM

Well said shehateme.
    I think Pacman is just expressing his inner self. He knows how to annunciate properly. He is just showing his true colors (no pun intended). He’s a punk who talks like a ghetto punk.