Ryan Perrilloux gets pointers from Brett Favre

NFL_favre4.jpgThis weekend, former LSU quarterback Ryan Perrilloux will participate in the Vikings’ rookie minicamp on a tryout basis.  And his chances of winning a job could have been enhanced via some help he recently has gotten from Vikings quarterback Brett Favre.

The connection is obvious; both men are represented by the same agent, Bus Cook.  And both men could soon be on the same team.

Perrilloux, though talented, was kicked off the team in Baton Rouge and finished his career at Jacksonville (Alabama) State.

79 responses to “Ryan Perrilloux gets pointers from Brett Favre

1. Brett Favre is the last quarterback I would want mentoring a rookie. Look at his treatment of Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay and his countless playoff failures because of his “gunslinger” mentality as proof.

2. Bratt’s tutelage:
    “Okay, kid–first, act like you want to quit, even though you really want to play.
    But you need to stage a big dramatic press conference, and do a lot of phony sniffling and talking about your family and stuff.
    So you do this like 4 or 5 times, right? And you always want to drag it out as long as possible, so everyone talks about you, and you want to milk it to the last possible second, so you don’t have to go to training camp with the rest of those chumps, okay?
    God, you can’t imagine all the attention you’ll get! By then, Chilly will be on his knees for you, and the rest of the suckers that call themselves Vikings fans.
    What’s that?
    By the way, snorting those Vicodins works better, okay? And the team gives out Wizzinators, so don’t worry about the drug testing…”

3. Favre, though talented, was kicked off the team in Green Bay and will finish his career in Minneappolis.

4. Wow what a fall from grace. Perrilloux had the opportunity to be a first round draft pick but he couldn’t keep his mouth shut, couldn’t show up to team activities and was generally a selfish person at LSU. THEN he goes to Jacksonville State and doesn’t even gets drafted.
    Even worse, now he’s participating in the vikings rookie minicamp and getting pointers from Brett (choker) Favre. He’ll never be a winner there!
    Why does he ponder passing?

5. If this kid could ever get his head screwed on right, he has a chance to become one hellva NFL QB. The vikings found a real diamond in the rough with perrilloux and if they or someone can get him straightened out, the vikes may have found their qb of the next 10-12 years. His talent is unquestionable, his desire is sky high but his maturity level matches that of a 15yr old.

6. Big Ben, Dez Bryant & DeMarcus stories must be drying up. Guess they have been milked for all they could get.
    We’re back to Favre.
    If I never seek another article about Favre I will think I have gone to heaven.

7. Brett Favre will never die.
    He’ll go to that motel on the outskirts of that small town to live forever. With Elvis, Jimmy Hoffa, Hitler, and Lady Di. Coming out only occasionally to shock someone in the supermarket lineup, or ask them for change at the laundromat.

8. Actually I’d question his desitre as well as his five cent head. The maturity level of a 15-year old? That gives 15 year-olds a bad name. he has the maturity level of a first grader (and yes, I just threw first graders under the bus).

9. VFT Viking’s Football Talk is back! To the haters: why dont you girls go post on a story about your inferior, favorite team… ooooh thats right Florio is to busy cranking out Vikings stories. LMAO

10. I guess I will never understand what Favre did to deserve some of these stupid comments. When these bloggers get older, they will know why a retirement decision is so difficult. The problem that Favre has is that he says what he thinks, but most people lie. Thompson treated him like crap from the moment he drafted Rodgers. Favre did make an ungracious comment when Rodgers was selected, but it was aimed at TT who was pushing him out the door and Brett was not ready to leave. Even the homer WI press said that Rodgers acted like a jerk his first year, and then came back a totally different person. If you looked at the two of them interacting on the sidelines for all 3 years, they were always talking. Yes, it is true that he was kicked out of GB by Thompson, but that day will live in infamy for many GB fans like me. Did he lose both games to GB last year? I don’t think so. Will he be in the HOF–without a doubt! Does he have the highest ratings whenever he plays–I think so too.

11. Why must the vikings haters & the favre haters post comments here.. They must have an obsession or their team just doesnt excite them as much as the kings in purple. What does it matter if he comes or goes. ok maybe like 8 wins. but he’s a human being. just let it go.. go follow your non-cutler news & ur stafford news or your a. rodgers news. get outta here

12. I think giving him a maturity level of a 15 year old might be a tad bit generous. Talented, you betcha. Loser, you betcha.

13. # ChicagoJo says: April 29, 2010 5:01 PM
    Why was he kicked off the team at LSU again?
    ———–
    he was constantly late or didn’t show at all for team activities, was rude to everyone at LSU and acted like he owned the place. Didn’t fulfill his school requirements. The list goes on and on and on. Basically Les Miles had to make a decision of did he want to keep a phenomenally gifted athlete but be a doormat to that athlete. Of course Childress has no problem being a doormat I think he rather enjoys being left hanging. I hope that Favre is also mentoring Perrilloux how to abuse Childress and not have to show up for training camp, etc. because those are very valuable skills.
    If Perrilloux can stay out of trouble then George W Bush might get a 3rd term as president.

14. BenRapistberger says:
    April 29, 2010 4:44 PM
    Ya, I mean LSU has been breeding great NFL quarterbacks for awhile now.
    THIS DUDE is claiming that jamarcus russel is a good QB? haha joke of the day – even more so than your stupid ass screen name.

15. Stone:
    Get a clue before posting gibberish.

16. tfprop says:
    April 29, 2010 4:54 PM
    WAIT !!!!
    Whatever goes wrong, it’ll be the officiating crews fault!
    —AWESOME
    ChicagoJo says:
    April 29, 2010 5:01 PM
    Why was he kicked off the team at LSU again?
    —failed drug test, and multiple other violations of team rules

17. @va4favre
    Go to any work setting and people like Brett Favre are not appreciated. People don’t like wafflers and don’t like idiots that lack a filter when they speak. If he wasn’t prepared to retire then he should have requested a trade out of Green Bay. I’m sure his own selfish interests were more important to him at that point. I mean, what better way to go out a hero than to retire and then come back saying you weren’t ready to retire but were pushed out by the GM? He should have asked for a trade then.
    And honest, says what’s on his mind??? Where have you been for the last 4 years when every season he says he is going to retire and then changes his mind and comes back? Why doesn’t he tell the truth and just say that he is old and has no interest in going through training camp but will be back with the team when the Preseason starts? Once again, Favre is more interested in his own self interests and managing his own image than telling the truth.
    F&ck Brett Favre and f&ck every story about him. Oh, and I also like how you didn’t address his countless playoff failures as a poor example of a mentor.

18. Tips from a guy who holds the league record in INT’s, don’t throw across your body in the middle of the field and especially don’t do it in field goal range and never, ever, ever do that in a NFC championship game. In other words kid, do as I say, not as I do.
    Other tips, don’t call a cab from the airport, Chilly will pick you up.

19. If he spends two minutes with the kid, it’ll be more help than he ever offered Rodgers. Selfish piece of crap.

20. Anyone who knows Ryan knows what an absolute mess he is off-the-field
    Teams knew that and stayed as far away from him as possible
    Getting far away from Louisiana was the best thing for him

21. masssquarred says:
    April 29, 2010 5:31 PM
    BenRapistberger says:
    April 29, 2010 4:44 PM
    Ya, I mean LSU has been breeding great NFL quarterbacks for awhile now.
    ———————
    You just make yourself look retarded when you can’t pick up on basic sarcasm

22. va4favre said: I guess I will never understand what Favre did to deserve some of these stupid comments.
    You and me both. I’ve always been a Vikings fan, but, even when he led the Pack against the Vikings, I always admired and respected his great talent and his love and passion for the game. Yeah, maybe he vacillated somewhat in retiring and un-retiring. But, so what? Who hasn’t changed their mind? He’s still one of the NFL’s elite QBs, and, if he wants to continue to play, and a team wants him to play, then why shouldn’t he play?

23. even if he was able to stay at LSU, he likely would not have been drafted because of comparisons to jamarcus russell

24. My brother had a class with Perrilloux at LSU, dude is dumb as a brick. No way he will ever be an NFL quarterback. Too much thug mentality. He said you should hear this guy talk, he hacks the english language worse than Emmitt….

25. Favre’s advice: OK kid, when the stakes are really high and all your chips are on the table the best thing to do is throw an INT. If you need examples please see my philly game, my last game with GB, the St.Louis game or the saints game. All these are prime examples of how to be a great QB.

26. It should be made a requirement that before anyone seriously bashes #4, they be made to read his official over-his-whole-career stats. Not just the interceptions, not the personality gripes. Just go look at the records and the numbers FIRST.

27. “If I never seek another article about Favre I will think I have gone to heaven.”
    Yet you can’t help but to comment on every single Favre article you see, instead of scrolling past. lolz.

28. Trust me, most people in Wisconsin don’t hate Favre. They are drowned out by the vocal minority perpetuated by the TT lackey local press who are afraid to pi$$ off the team and be blackballed. They even went so far to published known lied created by TT and the PR machine Ari Fleischer when it served the teams interests.
    Another reason people aren’t jumping for joy right now in Wisconsin, they got to see AR in his first big game since becoming a Packer and they got this:

29. Va4Favre:
    I’m in Va. too. And I’m with you.
    So what if he changed his mind about retiring? SO WHAT?
    Michael Jordan did it, Roger Clemens did it. Ain’t no big deal. People change their minds every day. Why Favre gets grief over it I’ll never understand. Last year was one of the best, if not THE best, years of his career. Obviously he hasn’t lost his skills. The detractors just wish he played for THEIR team. Me, I wish he still played for the Packers. He did OK by Rodgers, his initial comments not withstanding. Rodgers wouldn’t be the QB he is today without Favre’s example and instruction.

30. Sad 2 say that 95% of the ppl who commented here are morons. If I’m not mistaken,he was kicked off the team this year makes 3 seasons??? I live in New Orleans and have yet 2 hear the Ryan Perriloux f’ed up again story.Far as we all know the kid kept his sh!t 2gether now is gonna take advantage of a great opportunity…

31. First ,all you Viking haters are just jealous lil bitches. Vikings have always had the vision and the balls to take on players with problems but talent waiting to explode. You know, Randy Moss.Percy Harvin. Brett Favre( Dead Thompson was a pain in his ass.) Now comes Perrilloux.Threw for more than 2,300 yards in each of the past two seasons, and had 23 touchdowns and just two interceptions last year. Mobile player also ran for 811 yards and 15 TDs in the last two years. Has NFL height and bulk to go with a big arm. Patient in the pocket and has a quick, over-the-top release. Throws with zip and can squeeze the ball into tight spaces. Will take the big hit if it means completing a pass. If he gets his shit together the Vikings may be looking at their future….great job Spielman.

32. Is it true Brett Favre sexually assaulted Mike Florio while BigBen watched and pleasured himself?

33. “No, they won’t hate you all–they’d actually need dignity and a backbone for that, so don’t worry. They’ll love you no matter what you do. ”
    12-4 and a trip to the NFC Championship game sounds pretty damn good to me. 2-0 against the fudgepackers also sounds pretty good to me. Doing whatever it takes to win games in the National Football League sounds really good to me.
    A bit jealous are we? waaaahhhh waaahhhhh I want my Brett back waaahhhh!!! I love everything about Derek Jeter except for the jersey he wears. As a Vikings fan, I loved everything about Favre when he played for the Packers except for the jersey he wore. Go eat some cheese, get drunk, get fatter, and then beat your wife after Rodgers drop kicks another season away.

34. Sterling says:
    April 29, 2010 7:08 PM
    Va4Favre:
    I’m in Va. too. And I’m with you.
    So what if he changed his mind about retiring? SO WHAT?
    ==============================
    Because, MOST Packer fans are idiot homers that cant get over the fact that the face of the franchise, for 15 years is no longer there.
    He is supposed to follow the script for these douchebags.
    He didn’t and now they hate him.
    It’s ok for the packers to trade players away, it’s ok for the team to dump or cut players.
    it’s not ok for players to force a trade.
    Even if Favre forced the trade because he knew what most sane people already know.
    That TT sucks as GM. Favre knew that this team would not be very good, yep, 11-5 last year.
    But, 2-4 against above .500 teams.
    The Cards game doesn’t count because Whisenhut treated it as a preseason game.
    You will never win with homers like this.
    Wisconsin fans have to be the dumbest of all time.
    Flame ob boys, flame on. Keep overvaluing your team like you always do.

35. # wrath4771 says: April 29, 2010 5:16 PM
    ——————————————
    Fifteen — that’s right in Chewy’s wheelhouse!
    Warm up the hot tub!

36. “Sad 2 say that 95% of the ppl who commented here are morons. If I’m not mistaken,he was kicked off the team this year makes 3 seasons??? I live in New Orleans and have yet 2 hear the Ryan Perriloux f’ed up again story.Far as we all know the kid kept his sh!t 2gether now is gonna take advantage of a great opportunity…”
    Perriloux screwed up one or more times at Jacksonville State, which is why he was suspended for their opener against Georgia Tech this past season. I just haven’t heard specifics on what he screwed up there, as opposed to his dumbass brawl at a bar near the LSU campus the week before the Alabama game in 2007.
    You’d also think that someone who got freakin’ SHOT as a teenager while trying to play a joke on someone would have picked up a little bit of common sense by now.

37. “How many years has Rodgers been in the league? And, how many times has he led his team into the playoffs? And, how many playoff games has he won?
    Get a clue before posting gibberish.”
    Dude, are you stupid? Rodgers didn’t become starting QB until his 4th year. And now after completing his second season as the starting QB, he has already led his team to a playoff appearance. And he played pretty damn well in that game too. Not even Favre could of lead the Packers back from as far back as they were in that game.

38. Pervy said it well.
    I’ll take favre back anyday after what I witnessed last year. Ya, the last pass sits with me but he lead the team hands down and that’s what we have craved.
    I like the moves Rick makes, he is the man hands down. Studwell ain’t bad and Ziggggggi is the shit. How sweet will it be if the bone thug Perrilloux stays out of prison, doesn’t make it rain, doesn’t run with a possy and knock meter maids down in his ride and plays ball??? The kid can play so if he can listen and think we got a sleeper maybe.

39. Great link Fan Of Football. It reminds me of how much better I feel about a 2nd year starter losing his first playoff game, rather than a 40 year old 3 time MVP throwing yet another season ending interception. Rodgers is young and inexperienced, so a fumble to lose a playoff game isn’t a huge surprise. But Favre should know better, and he still makes an ill advised throw anyway.

40. np bruce. btw, in Favre’s 2nd year he was throwing playoff winning 50 yard TD throws in Detroit. Not overthrowing a wide open WR for the win and then fumbling the ball after holding on to it too long on 3rd and short for the loss. I’m surprised AR wasn’t throwing his lineman and coach under the bus again like he did earlier in the year when he got called out for holding onto the ball too long. It’s only down hill from here.

41. Big Ben, Dez Bryant & DeMarcus stories must be drying up. Guess they have been milked for all they could get.
    We’re back to Favre.
    If I never seek another article about Favre I will think I have gone to heaven.
    Hey Dumbass!!
    It’s Jamarcus…
    And if you don’t want another article about Favre, don’t SEEK it.
    Friggin tool.
    If you dont know what the F**k you are talking about, then shut the f**k up!!!
    GODDAM MORON!!!!

42. Stone says:
    April 29, 2010 5:53 PM
    @va4favre
    Whats up?? do you have some sort of gay man crush on Brett, or what? If Favre stories are not to your liking then….don’t f**king worry about them.! Is he your favorite player? Does he play for your favorite team? If you answered NO to either question, then shut the f**k up and dont worry about the Vikings, you douchebag!

43. Geez….I wish Florio would write an article about the Packers. Seems every time a Vikings story comes out, all the packer fans rush in to post about it.
    I can sum it up for you….Favre left GB and hurt your feelings. Then he went to play for your worst rival and promptly spanked your butts, not once, but twice. Let me try to lend some closure to this terrible situation for you. On behalf of myself as a Vikings fan, I am truly sorry for your hurt and loss. I understand how you must feel, but you have to move on and let this go. Stop hatin on Brett. The NFL is a business.
    This article was about a young QB with an enormous amount of talent and a minute amount of common sense. Like it or not, Brett Favre has a vast amount of knowledge that he could potentially share with a young troubled QB. Go ahead and blog about how he can teach him to choke in the clutch and teach him to retire and unretire…harp on all the negatives. You guys ‘used’ to love Brett…despite the aforementioned negatives.
    With that said, “Where is Tony Dungy when you need him?”

44. I love how these Packer fans constantly point at Favre’s last int last season. They can’t comprehend how an incomplete pass there still puts us in OT, or how it was a 2 minute drive that Favre had gotten us into position in the first place, or that we were road underdogs to eventual superbowl champs.
    But the most hilarious part is that the Packers, mainly in part to an off night by Rodgers, couldn’t even get past the first round against a weak team that they just crushed (when the pressure wasn’t on and Rodgers was his “self”)
    Seriously, Rodgers played like ass the first half of the game. He also literally handed the game away in overtime. Not like Favre where the int might have caused OT where the Vikes were still 50/50. I mean Rodgers flat handed the ball to the other team for the win.

45. Until the Pukers and DUH bears beat the VIKES you farve haters need to shut the hell up.GO VIKES.

46. A recent feature on WWLT in New Orleans included video of Favre giving advice to Perrilloux, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
    ————————-
    Well, if Favre’s advice was as good as the stuff he gave the Lions…

47. @sand0..
    #1 – 28 of 42 for 423 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT, 1 rushing TD, 1 fumble, passer rating 121.4
    #2 – 28 of 46 for 310 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 1 fumble, passer rating 70.0
    Soooo.. One “decent” half of football equates to 423 yards and 4TDs? If that’s the case I hope Rodgers gives us 16 “decent” halves in the regular season next year.
    What’s also funny is that you say Rodgers withers when the spotlight is on.. If that’s the case, it’s the one thing he learned from Favre. What other QB threw an INT for his last legal pass for 4 different NFL clubs? Way to go out on top, Brett!

48. seals says:
    April 29, 2010 10:16 PM
    Pervy said it well.
    ————————–
    Congratulations, you’ve just nominated yourself as one of the stupidest people on this site. No one has ever said that before.

49. Sando says-
    “I’ll concede that Rodgers was decent in the second half of that game. But early indications are that when the spotlight is on Rodgers withers. We saw it in both Vikings games. We saw it in the playoffs. Kid can’t handle it. ”
    ________________
    28-42, 423 yards, 4 TD, 1Int in his first playoff game. Led 5 straight TD drives to tie the game after falling behind 35-10. Decent? Withers?
    The problem with the NFL is that women, children and Sando are pandered to now. You should call my aunt up and talk some ball with her. “Favre is hot! Rodgers is a little wimpy boy!” Women and children…

50. se18a29 says:
    April 29, 2010 5:16 PM
    Favre 2 – Pukers 0
    End of thread, clowns…
    ————————
    Packers 12 – Queens 0
    End of thread, clown.

51. Packers4life says:
    “At least the Packers beat the Cardinals, something the Vikings couldn’t even do. Instead they got humilated by them on Sunday Night Football when they were supposedly a ‘Super Bowl’ team.”
    __________________________________________________
    What are you 15? I guess you didn’t watch either games (Vikings vs. Arizona / Green Bay vs Arizona (Round 1). First off, the Vikings didn’t play well in that game you’re right, but we also lost our starting middle linebacker in a game where Arizona and the Vikings both played hard. Secondly, I’d bet if we played an Arizona team that treated the game like a preseason game we’d have a victory too. Thirdly, and most importantly, The Packers were absolutely man handled (something most of you fans know personally) by the Cardinals when the game mattered and the Vikings advanced to one game away from the Super Bowl (we had a bye first round) but yeah, you’re right The Vikings are pathetic, they aren’t a “Super Bowl” team… don’t ever sleep with a woman.

52. jimicos says:
    April 30, 2010 11:20 AM
    se18a29 says:
    April 29, 2010 5:16 PM
    Favre 2 – Pukers 0
    End of thread, clowns…
    ————————
    Packers 12 – Queens 0
    End of thread, clown.
    ============================
    It’s been 14 years since the last one.
    Try to stay current Jimi.
    No one but you and your cadre of simpletons cares about titles gained when your dad was still in diapers.
    50’s, 60’s and 90’s have nothing to do with the current teams.

53. chickenragnarpartdeux says:
    April 30, 2010 12:14 PM
    It’s been 14 years since the last one.
    Try to stay current Jimi.
    50’s, 60’s and 90’s have nothing to do with the current teams.
    ————————–
    And yet the trophies still look good in a trophy room.
    But hey, at least there’s a silver lining here for the Vikings. If and when they get a new stadium, whether it’s in Minneapolis or Los Angeles, that’s one less room they need to build into the place. Surely Ziggy and Mark can save a few bucks on that.

54. And yet the trophies still look good in a trophy room.
    =======================
    Yes. I’m sure they do. What else are they good for?
    Hey Jimi, don’t those old trophies look great?
    They sure do, Now what Bob?
    Let’s go to the bar.
    What for?
    The one girl I nailed in my life is there.
    Jimi, that was like 25 years ago.
    Yeah, but she still looks good, probably cos i haven’t gotten laid since.
    Makes sense to me Jimi, let’s go!

55. chickenragnarpartdeux says:
    April 30, 2010 1:24 PM
    Yes. I’m sure they do. What else are they good for?
    Hey Jimi, don’t those old trophies look great?
    They sure do, Now what Bob?
    Let’s go to the bar.
    What for?
    The one girl I nailed in my life is there.
    Jimi, that was like 25 years ago.
    Yeah, but she still looks good, probably cos i haven’t gotten laid since.
    Makes sense to me Jimi, let’s go!
    ————————–
    I can tell you’re a tiny, little insignificant nothing. Know how I can tell? It makes you feel better to imagine Packers fans like this. But that’s OK. You can picture me frolicking in my grandma’s panties if you want.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night. In those purple footies of yours.

56. Fan of Football, you’re right. Rodgers isn’t Favre. And I’m sure he never will be. But as far as things going downhill? The Packers have a pretty good quarterback who’s going to be around for a few years. The Vikings have a great quarterback for a year. The Vikings better win it all this year, because the future doesn’t look too pretty after Favre leaves – unless Rosenfels or Jackson can step up.