Toby Gerhart thinks Brett Favre will be back

Since everyone else has an opinion on whether Brett Favre will play again in 2010, one of the newest guys on the team has chimed in, too.

Rookie running back Toby Gerhart thinks that Favre will be back.

I hope so,” Gerhart told Dan Patrick.  “I think so.  It’s a great team and they have a great chance of winning the Super Bowl, so I think he’ll come back for another year.”

Gerhart also said that Favre’s locker “has lots of stuff in it.”

The extent to which Gerhart and Favre will be on the field together remains to be seen.  Gerhart confirmed that he’ll be a running back not a fullback, and he seems to realize that he’ll be getting limited touches behind Adrian Peterson.

As to his jersey number — 32 — Gerhart jokingly said he’d prefer a single digit because it makes him look “slimmer and sleeker.”  Apart from the fact that running backs can’t wear single-digit numbers, it looks like No. 4 will be spoken for this year.

Permalink 37 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
37 Responses to “Toby Gerhart thinks Brett Favre will be back”
  1. PittsburghSteelerz says: May 5, 2010 6:13 PM

Has Gerhart ever even meet Favre?
    Unlikely.

2. WarrenMoonGOAT says: May 5, 2010 6:13 PM

notice how he reffered to the team as ‘they’ instead of ‘we’

3. ☻☼CBS, FOX, ESPN, NFLN nbc says: May 5, 2010 6:14 PM

Toby’s just a white running back so what does he know. He is a poor victim of racism.
    FREE TOBY!

4. njdevil7 says: May 5, 2010 6:15 PM

Tampering?

5. ☻☼CBS, FOX, ESPN, NFLN nbc says: May 5, 2010 6:16 PM

T.otally
    O.wesome
    B.ionic
    Y.ardslave

6. SkolVikings says: May 5, 2010 6:19 PM

I wonder if Bill Cosby, Colin Powell, Jim Belushi, and Mike Krzyzewski think Brett Favre will play this year?

7. Contra says: May 5, 2010 6:20 PM

” it looks like No. 4 will be spoken for this year”
    —-
    WOW, FLORIO MAKE UP YOUR MIND!
    One post you say he wont, then he will, then he wont. WHERE DO YOU STAND!?

8. ethan robert says: May 5, 2010 6:20 PM

All the guys tossed those cheap Wrangers into Favre’s locker.

9. nfcbeast says: May 5, 2010 6:24 PM

Brett will know around September ……til then your just pissing into the wind with all the hearsay and rumors

10. Profanity in ALL CAPS says: May 5, 2010 6:25 PM

toby, you’ll be back in California before you know it.
    F*** F***F***!
    -vikings fan

11. the chief chief says: May 5, 2010 6:42 PM

who gives a fat rats ass what a rookie thinks.

12. Steeleheader says: May 5, 2010 6:46 PM

Maybe the Vikings and their fans should make “I hope so, I think so.” their new fight song! It’s their mantra already.
    If Favre doesn’t come back they won’t have a prayer. If he does, he’ll get mauled and be on IR.
    Same result.

13. BDMag says: May 5, 2010 6:50 PM

SHUT UP ROOKIE.

14. prmpft says: May 5, 2010 6:54 PM

obviously he’ll be back – he’s white…
    a black qb would never hand him the ball – because…he’s white, duh…
    gah! don’t you guys get it???!!!

15. JimmySmith says: May 5, 2010 7:11 PM

Let’s hope he makes the team. He runs hard and holds on to the football so I am not sure what the Viking coaches (and I use that term loosely here) know what to do with a RB that can actually hold on to the football. Probably let him sign with another team if Chester Taylor is any example.

16. mike says: May 5, 2010 7:21 PM

Whats next a interview with Deanna’s gynecologist for a opinion?

17. robi_boy says: May 5, 2010 7:27 PM

he’ll be getting TONS of carries, AP will be fumbling hella lot more until he goes on ir before mid season and the turnover machine sr. will be back to his multi pick throwing ways, yep he and t-jack will be the offense on this 8-8 team

18. Pervy Harvin says: May 5, 2010 7:30 PM

Brad Childress walks into a new pub and sees a sign hanging over the bar which reads:
    #1 CHEESEBURGER: $1.50
    #2 CHICKEN SANDWICH : $2.50
    #3 HANDJOB: $10.00
    Checking his wallet for the necessary payment, he walks up to the bar and beckons to one of the three exceptionally attractive women serving drinks to a meager looking group of men.
    “Yes?” she inquires with a knowing smile, “can I help you?”
    “I was wondering”, whispers Chilly, “are you the one who gives the #3?”
    “Yes”, she purrs, “I am.”
    Chilly replies, “Well wash your hands, I want a cheeseburger.”

19. poiuyt says: May 5, 2010 7:31 PM

Of course Favre’s coming back and Childress knows it. If he wasn’t, the Vikings would have made a move to get another QB in the draft or through free agency. The decision, however, won’t be announced until after training camp.

20. Derrick says: May 5, 2010 7:47 PM

ofcourse Brett will be back, he’s a media whore!!!

21. gnarlswoodson says: May 5, 2010 8:15 PM

something tells me mike mccarthy would order the cheeseburger too

22. gnarlswoodson says: May 5, 2010 8:17 PM

and the chicken sandwich

23. Trader Joe23 says: May 5, 2010 8:29 PM

The Dan Patrick Show was kidding that someone would report the lighthearted comments as NEWS. He just figured it would be the retards at ESPN. A little disappointed in you Florio.

24. mixman34 says: May 5, 2010 8:58 PM

CHAMPIONSHIP

25. rraider says: May 5, 2010 9:22 PM

From a Bay Area guy……..Toby STFU………….Favre doesnt like people speculating abouthis status……………..he likes the suspense and begging the media do……………

26. Big BrEasy says: May 5, 2010 9:53 PM

Pervy Harvin says:
    May 5, 2010 7:30 PM
    #1 CHEESEBURGER: $1.50
    #2 CHICKEN SANDWICH : $2.50
    #3 HANDJOB: $10.00
    “Yes?” she inquires with a knowing smile, “can I help you?”
    “I was wondering”, whispers Chilly, “are you the one who gives the #3?”
    “Yes”, she purrs, “I am.”
    Chilly replies, “Well wash your hands, I want a cheeseburger.”
    ===================================
    Although it was funny, Pervy, it would be much more funny if Childo was the one behind the bar……its much better then the closets he hangs in.

27. Leroy'sButler says: May 5, 2010 10:22 PM

Childress wants to pay the $10 to GIVE a #3.

28. Steeleheader says: May 5, 2010 10:30 PM

Toby just got a Wrangler wardrobe shipped to him postmarked MS with a check and a note that said “keep stroking it baby I’ll be there soon….well maybe”
    Does that mean Bret or Toby “maybe”?
    I write like Florio

29. Route36West says: May 6, 2010 12:26 AM

“I hope so,” Gerhart told Dan Patrick. “I think so. It’s a great team and THEY have a great chance of winning the Super Bowl, so I think he’ll come back for another year.”
    Florio I cant believe you didnt make up a story that because Gerhart said they and not us that hes going to be traded or cut. Isnt that what you usually do when someone has a slip of the tongue? Arent you suppose to say something a schism now?

30. Mason222 says: May 6, 2010 12:30 AM

Vikes go Undefeated Toby Rookie of the year on 9-9-2010 runs for 150+ yards Vikes season will be like nothing the NFL has seen before 50th season for Vikes
    they will score 50 points in at least 6 games and go UNDEFEATED in
    treacherous march to Super Bowl

31. Dogsweat says: May 6, 2010 12:43 AM

Toby and Kobe in Los Angeles together.
    Los Angeles Vikings 2012!!

32. sand0 says: May 6, 2010 8:14 AM

Man people obsess over this Vikings team. I don’t know what it is like to obsess over something you hate. Can anyone fill in?
    Just seems like it wouldn’t be fun.

33. Ambrose says: May 6, 2010 11:40 AM

sand0 says:
    May 6, 2010 8:14 AM
    Man, people obsess over this Vikings team. I don’t know what it is like to obsess over something you hate. Can anyone fill me in?
    ———————————————–
    You know those guys that wear their collars up, wear gold chains around their necks, place their too-cool-for-school sunglasses on top of their heads, weigh-in at 260+, wear their baseball caps on backwards…at age 35, all while chewing gum or sneering at something that is below their “stature”?….that’s what people don’t like about Viking fans.

34. chickenragnarpartdeux says: May 6, 2010 2:24 PM

You know those fans, that talk about football, all the while having no clue what it is they are talking about? The ones that when thier team finishes worse than other teams in the division, have this incessant need to talk about trophies from the 30′s, 40′s and 60′s?
    Who piss on the face of thier franchise for 16 years, the guy that brought them back to prominence, all the while, not knowing the full story about his leaving?
    That “pretend” they are “owners” of the team because they bought worthless “stock”?
    That look at the schedule every year and predict “at least a 12-4″ record?
    That are constantly hypocritical?
    That’s what people can’t stand about Packer fans.

35. Supersuckers says: May 6, 2010 4:05 PM

Pervy Harvin says:
    May 5, 2010 7:30 PM
    #1 CHEESEBURGER: $1.50
    #2 CHICKEN SANDWICH : $2.50
    #3 HANDJOB: $10.00
    “Yes?” she inquires with a knowing smile, “can I help you?”
    “I was wondering”, whispers Chilly, “are you the one who gives the #3?”
    “Yes”, she purrs, “I am.”
    Chilly replies, “Well wash your hands, I want a cheeseburger
    ————-
    Hey Whig! Your jokes are not funny. And I agree with the other poster that it would be semi funny if Chilly was behind the counter. PA PA PA PA PA PA PERVY!

36. footballrulz says: May 7, 2010 12:34 PM

@mason22
    Keep dreamin kid…

37. SMITASTIC says: May 8, 2010 10:32 PM

Obviously Favre is coming back. He’s played this same game every year since 2002. What year is it now? This game is played mainly so he can skip training camp and see his name in the headlines. Favre loves and craves attention. Unfortunately I don’t think this crap will end anytime soon. Favre will play until he receives a major injury, he doesn’t know when to quit. Yes I think he will play another 5 years or more!