Report: Lawrence Taylor arrested for rape

Pro Football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor has been arrested on rape charges, CBS 2 in New York is reporting.

According to the report, Taylor was taken into custody by the Town of Ramapo police after being accused of raping someone in the Holiday Inn Holidome Hotel in Suffern.

Few details are available, but the alleged rape is said to have occurred early Thursday morning, and police are expected to give more information at a news conference on Thursday afternoon.

174 responses to “Report: Lawrence Taylor arrested for rape

1. hate to be this big a jerk – but I bet somewhere Ruthlessbugger is celebrating

2. I like Michael David Smith’s articles better. Florio, you can learn some lessons. Notice how the Giants are no way tied to LT in this article regarding his criminal offense. Yet when Corey Dillon gets arrested twice in 3 weeks, Florio makes a stupid remark that “he must be trying to re-sign with the Bengals”.

3. Hmmm must be the nutri-system diet didn’t she here LT say don’t make me come get you???

4. God I hope this is a mistake.
    But if it isn’t, he should get plowed repeatedly in prison by Bubba.

5. As a Giants fan I hope this is garbage but if it isn’t I promise Giants fans wont be forgiving. Drugs is one thing, rape is one of the most evil acts a human can engage in.

6. Everything right Dancing w/ the Stars and Nutraslim has done for his image has been suddenly flushed down the drain…..whether he’s guilty or not.
    Sad.
    I still say that Chapelle Show skit about the sex contract is one of the best ideas ever.

7. First he played football while under the influence of cocaine and now he is arrested for rape. That is quite a role model you have Giants fans.

8. That does not sound good. I guess the nutrisystem diet only had a positive effect on his weight.

9. I guess he put his lightning bolt earing back in and the old LT came back.
    He is like in Stallone in “Over the Top” when he turns his hat around backwards. He becomes someone else.

10. And to think I ate at his restaurant on Route 17 nearly 20 years ago.
    Pro-tip: The Pepper Johnson pot roast sucked.

11. Looks like Joe Theismann’s leg isn’t the only thing LT likes to …

12. Several pro football players are accused of rape.
    => football creates rapists
    => football is the real criminal
    => NFL is outlawed

13. What’s so ironic is that he just did a documentary on A & E talking about how crazy his lifestyle was during his playing years!

14. ChargerDillon….
    Yeah…like the Giants and Chargers haven’t had there issues. Go back to sleep.
    I am not reserving judgement. I am going with the true LT.

15. Why do Steelers fans keep bringing up Eric Foster’s name??? Foster wasn’t accused of raping the girl, didn’t have sex with her either.
    Big Ben has shown a pattern of activity…oh yeah, and did have sex with the woman.

16. So losing all that weight was only step 1 in his plan to return to the NFL as a Steeler. Step 2: Check!

17. Looks like we’ll be seeing a lot of the femi-nazis wendy murphy and gloria allred on all the talk shows starting today.

18. If he and Ben end up in a cell together Taylor can add to his sack total and Ben can go for a touchydown and then they can high five each other.

19. i hope this doesn’t mean we are going to get 4,000 updates a day on this one.
    Please PFT.. A single update a day on this will suffice!

20. “I’ll reserve my judgement until all the facts have surfaced.”
    Elleclouds, while that is good judgement, it doesn’t result in as many PFT clicks for Florio – who is trying to impress his NBC bosses. Wait and see how many posts Florio creates regarding LT. Somehow he will tie in his past drug use and agressive behavior patterns. Tighten your chinstrap.

21. I will reserve judgement until all the facts are released…who knows, it could be the SAME chick who said Kobe raped her only 4 it 2 surface she had enough different semen stains in her underwear 2 have starred in that remake of World’s Greatest GangBang….

22. Look at the bright side: This is proof positive that NutriSystem doesn’t contain saltpeter.

23. Lawrence, you were in the Town of Ramapo last night not Ram-a-ho. Easy mistake.

24. Wow, Arrested on the claim of one person?
    Why wasn’t Ben arrested again? Is there a difference here?
    Does it have to do with color?

25. How fast are the NutriSystem commercilas erased/pulled??
    Brad Benson ain’t gonna have him selling Hyundais either…………….

26. Did you say he got arrested by a Ram my pole Police? Hahahahaha good name for a town, and for rapers.

27. Now I get to watch NY Giant fans trash a victim.
    Was she wearing a DTF pin?
    I guess now that Big Ben is out of the picture, the International Union of Gold Diggers had to find a new star to accuse.

28. Well after 41 beers, who knows what one might do?
    Rape comments or stories:
    Ben Roethlisberger: 436,722
    Eric Foster: 4 + 1 innuendo

29. # Chiefs2010 says: May 6, 2010 11:05 AM
    “man, LT is such a likable guy too..
    I hope this isn’t true.”
    I know just what you mean.
    / eyeroll

30. Save the jokes. I hope this is not true but an afraid it may be.
    I thought he had turned his life around and feel for his family which has gotten alot of positive exposure recently for what was believed his life change.
    I just saw a commercial the other day how he has turned his life around.
    I guess you never know ???

31. It says he raped “someone”. It doesn’t say it was a woman. Is Thiesman walking with a limp???

32. # milehiclown says: May 6, 2010 10:56 AM
    “Innocent until proven guilty.”
    Since WHEN???

33. Huh, white guy accused of rape… “obviously the b*tch is lying” and such. “We’re investigating and we’ll see what happens,” followed by no charges filed.
    Black guy accused of rape… arrest made and they are probably already working on the indictment.
    Frustrating and annoying… and I’m a white guy.

34. What is this world coming to?
    Pretty soon we’ll need to cage all the NFL players like gladiators.

35. As I have said before, the NFL and the NBA are leagues of thugs. Many, not all, feel they are above the law. Think their crap is ice cream. They feel they are the elite class and need to be worshiped. Problem is, they are worshiped. Just read what many morons on the web site opine.

36. jesus.. REALLY.. what is up with the NFL.. u guys make MILLIONS and cant pay a hooker?

37. I guess Big Ben is going to have competition for this years soon to be overplayed Haloween costume of “NFL player with his penis out”.

38. It probably has to do with completely seperate circumstances that have nothing to do with color. Great, three jokes over and over everyone. Very creative.
    Innocent until proven guilty? I don’t buy it. I don’t even buy innocent after proven innocent.

39. What is it with you guys from the East Coast? You have no game with the ladies. Your pimp hand is way limp. Come out to the West Side, The Best Side and I’ll teach you how to get yo pimp hand strong.
    Signed,
    Snoop Dogg

40. I lost 35 pounds on Nutrisystem. Pizzas, pastas, burgers, meat! Come on, guy food is all you’ll eat!
    / Nutrisystem made me do it.

41. I just saw it on Fox News, he hasn’t been charged yet, they’re still doing the investigation.
    They MIGHT charge him with rape, depending on the investigation.
    You jumped the gun here, PFT.

42. Why do people always resort to the ‘gold digger’ argument when backed into a corner? None of the women attached to BB have even been named. If it were for the attention or notoriety don’t you think they would be all over the media? These message boards make me realize how out of touch I am with ‘real sports fans’.
    Thank god.

43. Seriously, pay special attention to the number of cretins here who are actually laughing and making jokes about a woman being raped.
    More than a few, and all of the usual suspects.
    Stay Classy guys.

44. What an idiot. ESPN is reporting it was a 15 year old girl now. This guy just screwed his whole life over.

45. i wish i was a broad…………every guy i went to bed with that had money……I WOULD CRY RAPE TOO.

46. I am still trying to recover from him raping my Bills of a Super Bowl Championship…

47. The headlines should read “LT was seen staying at a Holiday Inn”. Sorry LT but I guess you haven’t made the best investments since retiring.

48. Are you sure Mike, that the headline should not have read: Former Bengal Lawrence Taylor arrested for rape ? I mean that would fit your MO much better. OH!!! Wait!!! That’s right, he didn’t play for Cincinnati, you sure he never had any connections with us? Like did he meet Marvin Lewis a few years ago at a black tie event? You could tie him to the Bengals then right? You suck.

49. Great… Prepare yourself for a bajillion articles about racial inequality in America when it comes to rape allegations contrasting the cases of Rapistberg and Lawrence Raper.

50. He raped Roethlisberger to teach him a lesson. You won’t have to worry about either one of them ever again.

51. What is the media’s excuse — repeated shots to the head?
    ROFLMAO @ the apologists for scumbags like Ben and LT.

52. f”n LT……u f”d up man, i hope this was all a pub grab and false accusations cus i liked you alot when i was growiing up and i know u have demons like we all do, i hope for your sake

53. You know this made me think of something and maybe you Dallas guys know the real deal but wasn’t Michael Irvin accused of rape twice and wasn’t the first accuser sent to jail for making it all up….anybody else remember this or is my brain as fried as LT’s is.
    Rape or not he was a GREAT player!

54. Next thing you’re gonna tell me is that there’s an Eagles player electrocuting and beating dogs to death. What the hell is up with east coast nfl players?
    Just goes to show you, the football star always gets the girl.

55. LT probably still has the mentality that quarterbacks are beneath him so he had to show everyone that Big Ben is nothing compared to him.
    “Anything you can do, I can do better.”

56. She is a 15 year old, rape or not he is screwed. He never listened to the poeple who told him to clena up his act.
    I was a big fan of his but what a tool.

57. jersey73 says: May 6, 2010 11:04 AM
    “Why do Steelers fans keep bringing up Eric Foster’s name??? Foster wasn’t accused of raping the girl, didn’t have sex with her either.”
    Neither was I.
    Neither did I.

58. This just highlights the differences between New York and Georgia.
    In New York the police take a complaint seriously. In Georgia they call the girl a drunken whore while she’s in the process of making the complaint.

59. Perhaps, many years ago, Parcells should have asked the question “Is your mother a prostitute”

60. # BenRoethlisburger says: May 6, 2010 11:20 AM
    More than a few, and all of the usual suspects.
    Stay Classy guys.
    ——————————————————
    Someone named BenRoethlisberger calling someone else a cretin.
    /Pot calling the kettle black.

61. all i ask is please lets not convict this guy yet. lets wait untill more information comes in

62. Note to PFT writers: Journalism is basically who, what, when, where and analysis adds why. That having been said, where in the f**K is Ramapo or Sufferen? Even basic reporting would add the state name or give the reader some kind of decent “where” info. Is typing a comma and two extra letters that difficult?

63. @# jersey73 says: May 6, 2010 11:04 AM
    —————————————————-
    he wasn’t charged….he was accused… just like Ben.
    oh yeah I’m not a Steeler fan.

64. he should hire steeler nation, champions of due process and the presumption of innocence, to defend him.
    oh wait, that’s only for WHITE guys… nevermind

65. @ampats says:
    May 6, 2010 11:12 AM
    Save the jokes. I hope this is not true but an afraid it may be.
    I just saw a commercial the other day how he has turned his life around.
    I guess you never know ???
    * * * * *

66. Him signing wit bungals soon. Hear him been spotted in Cinncinnattti not long ago. Me funny and original. I like PFT and cheeze. Gotta go, short bus is pulling up….

67. The Terminator says:
    May 6, 2010 11:30 AM
    “You know this made me think of something and maybe you Dallas guys know the real deal but wasn’t Michael Irvin accused of rape twice and wasn’t the first accuser sent to jail for making it all up….anybody else remember this or is my brain as fried as LT’s is.”
    You’re right. He was accused, along with Erik Williams, in 1996. It turns out that she made it up completely. He was also recently accused by another woman. There are no criminal charges and a civil suit is ongoing.

68. Looks like all those head shots made him do it……I hear that’s the excuse all the cool guys are using these days.

69. Yeah. The alleged victim is a 15 year old girl.
    Hope it’s not true. If it is, he’s going away for a very long time.

70. This is not good for Ben Rothlisberger. Anything that keeps the story alive is really, really bad for him.
    If the fans scream enough stuff at him during games and the media covers it enough the fans can run him out of football. This will only help make it worse for him.

71. Jersey73, please tell me where you got your info on Ben actually having sexual intercourse with this woman in Georgia. They couldn’t find any DNA from Ben or anything resembling a male on her. Ben admitted to sexual contact, and unless your definition of sex is completely out of the norm, that doesn’t mean he put his dick in her vagina. LT is innocent until proven guilty as well. You people need to get over yourselves, if stupidity were a crime, Florio wouldn’t have a website with a bunch of idiots making useless posts.

72. Well I guess all the Giant fans get to see what it’s like to have your team drug through the mud for an accusation of this kind. Im not saying he did it, but all the haters will come out of the walls. Good Luck..

73. I think that Roethlisberger should change his last name to Dover. At least that way…all he has to do is say his name to get what he wants.

74. # ItalianArmyGuy says: May 6, 2010 11:02 AM
    Typical Belicheat prodigy.
    WTF is wrong with you? I think you may be the one with frontal lobe damage.

75. Must be hanging out with the 2 Bergers (Roethlisberger & Former UGA QB Mettenberger) — Lawrence Taylorberger

76. so do you think he might actualy spend some time behind bars this time?or is saying he is sorry and will never do it again like 47 other times he has been busted and let go enough?

77. It may have been cosensual. I think the law says that sex with a minor is rape. If that’s the case, it makes it a little different. Not good, but different. But for God’s sake, 15 years old!?!

78. I guess its a 15 year old girl he is accused of raping…if thats true, he is in a whole load of trouble….
    I am no lawyer, but it would seem to me proving statutory rape would be alot easier than aggressive, forceable rape (not sure if there is a term for it, but you get the point)…if this girl is 15, all the prosecution needs to do is prove LT had sex with her…they dont have to prove he forced her to do anything against her will….

79. Wow, 15 year old girl. And 3rd Degree rape, so intercourse did take place. Even if she wanted it, and it was just her parents (or his parents) filing the complaint, this is crazy. Good luck in prison LT, you better hope you get protective custody.

80. Obviously, the rules are just too complicated for these guys, you know with all the head pounding…so here is the new rule (with a built in cushion)…NO SEX WITH ANYONE UNDER 30!

81. All he had to do was call ItalianArmyGuy if he wanted to party like that.

82. Do you see now the difference between not even being charged with rape, and actually being arrested based on real cause?
    I hope you idiots will learn soon.

83. Hurr durr… “Raplisburger”. You idiots are hilarious, LT’s issue is REAL rape, not some drunken sorority chick in a bar that barely remembered her name..

84. FreeAgentPro says: May 6, 2010 11:07 AM
    “I’ll reserve my judgement until all the facts have surfaced.”
    ___________________________________________________
    Aaron Hernanzdez, who, for the record, has never been accused of raping a 15 year-old, and summarily arrested on the spot, is a bad person for smoking weed but we should wait for the truth to come out before we judge an overly aggressive cocaine abusing alleged child rapist? Riddle me this, why was he in a hotel room with a 15 year-old runaway to begin with? You mustn’t get much air flow to your brain down there in Mom’s basement, huh?

85. # TasteTheSteel says: May 6, 2010 11:46 AM
    The Georgia Bureau of Investigation DID in fact find male DNA on the victim, it supposedly was not enough for testing. Although that does not make a whole lot of sense considering the new Polymerase chain reaction test that can use as little as a few cells.

86. # ambientnoise says: May 6, 2010 11:39 AM
    oh wait, that’s only for WHITE guys… nevermind
    ————————————–
    Do I sniff a race-carder here?
    Explains a lot.

87. # ampats says: May 6, 2010 11:12 AM
    Save the jokes. I hope this is not true but an afraid it may be.
    I just saw a commercial the other day how he has turned his life around.
    I guess you never know ???
    —————————————–
    Well, well, lookee what we have here…. my my.
    “Save the jokes” now? For a guy who — unlike Roethlisberger — has actually been CHARGED and ARRESTED for rape. Funny, you were all about the jokes when it came to Ben.
    So let’s recap:
    Ben. Not even charged, but ripped on something fierce by ampats.
    LT. Arrested and charged. But hey, let’s show some compassion for him, according to ampats.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Confirmed: this isn’t about crime , or concern for victims. It’s all about which team ampats hates, and which one he doesn’t.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

88. Lets see..A woman sitting in a bar, having some drinks with some strange guy..”AGREES” to go with this strange guy to his room and we’re suppose to believe that she is naive enough to think that having sex isn’t the reason your going there?
    You can’t fix stupid!! And yeah, the players should know better too!

89. # ampats says: May 6, 2010 11:12 AM
    Save the jokes. I hope this is not true but an afraid it may be.
    I just saw a commercial the other day how he has turned his life around.
    I guess you never know ???
    ———————————–
    Now let’s break down the action… see how ampats exposes himself as a hypocrite and a hater!
    “As a huge fan of his game LT as a player (not that whiney bi-ch from SD) this could be a sad day for the HOF player.”
    Got that sports fans? See, ampats is a FAN of LT, so please, let’s spare the jokes… show the compassion people?
    Meanwhile, Ben’s not even charged, but let’s get ’em boys!
    Oh ampats — you are more exposed than LT in a hotel room. Enjoy being shown for the fraud you are, bud!
    Where’s your concern for the FIFTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL? Wow, you are sick. Just blew right past her on your way to defend your hero.
    Sick.

90. # ambientnoise says: May 6, 2010 11:39 AM
    “he should hire steeler nation, champions of due process and the presumption of innocence, to defend him.
    oh wait, that’s only for WHITE guys… nevermind”
    That white guys with money, numbnuts.

91. # Holeinone09 says: May 6, 2010 11:41 AM
    “Hey ampats, that is so nice of you to say that about LT. Why didn’t you post similar sentiments about Ben, who was not even charged? In this case, LT unfortunately was arrested already. Not that I want to see something bad happen to anyone, but merely pointing out that people like you (and most others) merely enjoy the fact that the Steelers and/or their players might be in trouble, without the ability to be honest as a person. You nitwits only want to see the Steelers suffer, without regard to decency. You exposed yourself with your own post here, chum.”
    100% truth.
    Oh, and uh, the Patriots are cheaters.

92. I guess LT does his rapin’ before lunchtime.

93. CookieFlash says:
    May 6, 2010 10:52 AM
    Should we blame it on his frontal lobe too?
    Yes in this case because it’s been pickled in coke.

94. # Buschman says: May 6, 2010 11:51 AM
    “It may have been cosensual. I think the law says that sex with a minor is rape. If that’s the case, it makes it a little different. Not good, but different. But for God’s sake, 15 years old!?!”
    So you have different degrees of outrage for rapes?
    It’s nice to know you have such high moral standards, scumbag…

95. # The Real Shuxion says: May 6, 2010 11:37 AM
    “Someone named BenRoethlisberger calling someone else a cretin.
    /Pot calling the kettle black.”
    What are you doing back so soon?
    Shouldn’t you be hard at work scouring the internet for unflattering articles about people from Pittsburgh, or are you done for the day?
    How much time a week do you actually spend doing that BTW?
    / obsess much?

96. And ambientnoise — you bud are truly exposed too.
    Wow, where is all the compassion for women and justice you showed on the Roethlisberger threads? Now suddenly you’re willing to overlook an actually CHARGED sexual assault on a FIFTEEN YEAR OLD as you try to deflect things with the race card.
    Like I said, it’s not about the women — or girl in this case — it’s about your hatred for one team. Like I said, it was never about caring for women, or justice — it was just about football.
    You are truly a lower form of life. Sorry to have to tell you.

97. LT and Ben are both rapists. LT is a child rapist and cokehead. Ben is a serial rapist who prays on college girls. Both deserve to rot in prison.

98. PatsFan, where exactly did they find the DNA on her? In her mouth, on her hand, inside somewhere else???? Ben might be stupid for trying to pick up college girls in a bar, but give it a rest, he didn’t rape anyone. Girl knows it (admitted she wasn’t raped, but was fueled by her friends hate for Ben to start lying), Ben knows it, anyone with common sense knows it.

99. Hey ambient — apparently she was beaten too, just as a bonus. We’re not sure who did it, but let’s see you jump to a conclusion and blame Taylor, too — because, hey, we just KNOW he did, right? You know, like how you did Ben? C’mon, let’s see that famous sense of outrage in action… or are you too busy trying to play the race card still?

100. # CleanSlaton says: May 6, 2010 12:49 PM
    “Here’s a lesson girls: unless you want to have sex–talk to large, strong, men [like current or former NFL players] in public places where they’ll have to rape you in plain sight. It seems like they’re going to try to rape you any way they can–make sure there’s witnesses.”
    I’d like to be a witness when you try and explain to Pat Tillman’s family why you think he’s a rapist.

101. LT = The poor man’s Roethlisberger.
    LT can look at the bright side, all the steelers fans on this board can now blindly defend him.

102. Frank Burns says:
    May 6, 2010 12:00 PM
    ————————————————–
    Yeah, one guy’s in the prime of his career and has enough money to pay people off.

103. This just in:
    Big Ben and LT will be at the next Wrestlemania as the Tag team the Rapists.

104. LT and Ben are both rapists. LT is a child rapist and cokehead. Ben is a serial rapist who prays on college girls. Both deserve to rot in prison.
    LT is a child molester….plain and simple.

105. # SamWycheForPrez says: May 6, 2010 1:01 PM
    “No Bengals jokes? Terribly disappointing.”
    – Pacman Jones

106. Yeah, anybody that cracked on Ben but is trying to justify/defend LT is an idiot. This is even more egregious. I’m all for the legalization of prostitution, but sex with a 15/16 year old girl is rape and is contemptible.

107. So, Ben was never charged for rape or assault and now he is the pillar of society???? Good for you. He is still a morally challenged dumb ass.
    And LT, does this really suprise anyone? He has always been one step from retarded. Probably just as much as it suprises us when Michael Irvin gets pulled over with a pipe in his car. Hardly even makes news anymore. But HOF’er’s non the less.
    Can you imagine how many POS’s we would know about if media scrutiny was so heavy back in the day’s of the wild Raider days? Even before the white house in dallas broke.

108. Ben NEVER RAPED A MINOR! What did L.T. say, I am going at it like a bunch of crazed dogs?

109. Those classy Giants again.
    “Ben NEVER RAPED A MINOR!”
    Naah, he just got an underage chick drunk, smacked her in the head and raped her in a bar bathroom.

110. Rape is rape. Love the Steroid Squeeler fans trying to convince us all that BR did “wasn’t that bad.” Biggest fraud fans in sports.

111. 1) It was the girl’s fault for being there
    2) It was the pimps fault for not telling LT she was under 18
    3) Let’s wait and see if she was wearing any suggestive pins, or if she was drunk…if so, she asked for it.
    Signed,
    Pittsburgh Steeler Fans Everywhere

112. Dude17 says:
    May 6, 2010 11:15 AM
    Frustrating and annoying… and I’m a white guy.
    ______________________________
    Can you please STFU with your whining p*ssy liberal crap?
    It’s a-holes like you that make racial tensions in this country WORSE, not better.
    Right is right, and wrong is wrong, regardless of skin pigmentation.
    Douchejuice.

113. TasteTheSteel:
    Im not sure where they found it, but they did find male DNA on her. Look here:
    For all the Steeler fans that are upset that LT is being defended:
    LT hired the girl to have sex, he did not force himself on her. Yes, it was wrong to hire a 15 year old prostitute, which is statutory rape, but is not the same as what Ben was accused of, twice.

114. Think.
    You all loved him a day before…..
    Now you all cast judgment…
    LT YOUR STILL THE MAN…… just weak..