Dashon Goldson's mom had a better holiday than your mom

I’ve spent Mother’s Day a few states away from my mom, feeling a little guilty as I tried to crank out some content for the rumor mill, our PFT magazine, and our Rotoworld magazine.

Now 49ers safety Dashon Goldson has made me feel even guiltier.

Per Goldson’s Twitter account, he got his mom a new Mercedes Benz for the big day, complete with a big red bow.

Here’s the happy Mrs. Goldson in all her glory.

And to Mama Rosenthal:  I love you, the card is in the mail, and you will definitely get a free copy of both magazines.  Maybe I can even get Florio to autograph one!

Permalink 41 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
41 Responses to “Dashon Goldson's mom had a better holiday than your mom”
  1. LBPACKFAN says: May 9, 2010 7:27 PM

Great.

2. Rosenthal's Mom says: May 9, 2010 7:33 PM

Gregg,
    You are such a disappointment!
    I could have really used a new car. But all I get is a card? Some son you are.
    Love,
    Mom

3. RaiderhateR4Life says: May 9, 2010 7:33 PM

Beamer Benz or Bentley Mom?… I woulda chose the Bentley =)

4. CountSnail says: May 9, 2010 7:39 PM

This seems more like a random Twitter posting than a PFT posting.

5. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater says: May 9, 2010 7:41 PM

Nice

6. g_antonio says: May 9, 2010 7:43 PM

The Florio autograph part ruined it

7. dakotah says: May 9, 2010 7:44 PM

If you really loved her, you’d get her a signed “Quarterback of the Future” doorstop.

8. Dr. Michael says: May 9, 2010 7:53 PM

He shoould have gotten his mom some new pants to replace the acid wash ones that she is wearing.

9. timegambit says: May 9, 2010 7:57 PM

I heard Dashon’s mom really wanted a Maserati and started to cry and throw a fit when the Benz rolled up.
    And I’m not sure it beats my gift: Flowers and a coupon for laundry detergent.
    Car dealer on every block, but I drove across town for the flowers and pilaged through the Sunday paper for the coupon.

10. DB26 says: May 9, 2010 7:58 PM

My mom is fat…. So, I bought her a hammick to use for a thong! Much more creative than Rosenthal and Goldson put together!

11. SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says: May 9, 2010 7:58 PM

Don’t see how you can say getting a Mercedes makes for a “better” Mother’s Day gift than, say, a bouquet of flowers or a delicious breakfast in bed, or simply a warm hug. That is one of the things wrong with the inhabitants of this land mass (and has been since the European invasion hundreds of years ago) and the unending pursuit of material goods. True happiness is only attained through peace in one’s heart and love in one’s soul. And lots and lots of effing helps out too.

12. tj.52 says: May 9, 2010 7:59 PM

Rosenthal’s Mom says:
    Gregg,
    You are such a disappointment!
    I could have really used a new car. But all I get is a card? Some son you are.
    Love,
    Mom
    ———————————————————
    LMFAO

13. joetoronto says: May 9, 2010 8:01 PM

Hopefully it’s not one of those Chrysler’s masked as a Benz.

14. pendantpublishing says: May 9, 2010 8:02 PM

if you take a look at the 2nd picture of the mercedez, theres a car right next to it with a flat; maybe dashon shld have bought the car for that person

15. robmart0906 says: May 9, 2010 8:11 PM

LOL @ Rosenthal’s Mom.

16. MisterNFL says: May 9, 2010 8:12 PM

Nice headline, Florio…your superficiality $hines through!

17. this class sucks says: May 9, 2010 8:22 PM

@SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK
    hahaha I guess we all know what you didn’t get your mom.

18. chadgoy says: May 9, 2010 8:28 PM

You trying to make my mom feel bad Rosenthal? I see you I’ll kick you square in the nuts.

19. godofwine says: May 9, 2010 8:29 PM

I hope he realizes what he makes new has to last him the rest of his life. I know you love your mom and all, but I’m sure she would have been just as happy with a brand new Kia Sportage for $40-60 thousand less. Short term thinking leads to long term broke.

20. winslow says: May 9, 2010 8:40 PM

Dear Dashon Golden,
    Thank you for completely ruining Mother’s Day for all sons for all time.

21. Slow Joe says: May 9, 2010 8:41 PM

Nice stripper heels. Good thing the Dolphin’s Jeff Ireland didn’t conduct Dashon Goldson”s pre-draft interview.

22. Benjamin C Klein says: May 9, 2010 8:47 PM

I was shocked reading this that it isnt negative in any way towards Goldson or his mom, but than I realized Florio didn’t write it. And everyone here criticizing needs to shut up, who here wouldn’t buy their mom a brand new luxury car if they could? I would, more than 1.

23. funi says: May 9, 2010 8:49 PM

My mother is getting paid to get laid as I blog.
    Dez Bryant

24. Fonetik says: May 9, 2010 8:52 PM

Yeah, a Benz is nice and all, but LeSean McCoy bought his mom a house. I think he wins.

25. FlourideSoldOut says: May 9, 2010 8:58 PM

Now as the offseason moves along, the football talk slowly slips away from PFT. Take some time off now losers, see you at training camp.

26. adeem4578 says: May 9, 2010 9:03 PM

Dez Bryant’s mom gave me a present for mother’s day….

27. SpartaChris says: May 9, 2010 9:04 PM

@Slow Joe
    Dude, my thoughts exactly! My first thought was if she was a hooker, because I saw those same shoes on some chick on the corner last night!

28. comment_submission_error says: May 9, 2010 9:23 PM

Buy her a nice car, ingrate.

29. not2money says: May 9, 2010 9:30 PM

Since when is mothers day a holiday??

30. Slow Joe says: May 9, 2010 9:51 PM

Hey! I got MY mom a car today. Um, I mean, card. Still.
    @SpartaChris: I think pimps keep a supply of those in any size.

31. alewatcher says: May 9, 2010 9:54 PM

# SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says: May 9, 2010 7:58 PM
    ———————-
    Spoken like someone who can’t afford to buy his Mom a car for Mother’s Day.

32. 55horses says: May 10, 2010 12:02 AM

Not necessarily.
    My son may have been involved with a murder but just got a street named after him.
    If you have a son who is an NFL star, he can get away with murder and give me a car.
    If you have a son who served in Vietnam, or Iraq, not necessarily so. And he might come home without a couple of limbs.
    Always go with the son who is the NFL star: more money, street named after him, fame, fortune, and usually not limbs cut off.
    Plus NFL status will get you out of murder charges but not necessarily so if you serve in the U.S. military.
    U.S. values: aging NFL linebacker once accused of murder: street named after you. 18 year old in Iraq shooting during fire fight and accidentally killing civilian: court-martialed, stripped of all benefits, reputation destroyed.
    If you want to do something for your mama, how about building a country in which the boys who are cannon fodder get the same sort of recognition as the NFL boys who pretend they do something harmful?

33. SixburghSteelers says: May 10, 2010 12:56 AM

@Coach Stram….
    THATS a “mom”?
    Those were my thoughts exactly lol
    it’s not that big of a deal…hell if I could afford it my mom would have a car and house too!!!

34. buddha says: May 10, 2010 1:48 AM

@ DR MICHAEL, lol that was funny! And why did Dashon have to go out and twitter this? It seems like he wanted to make sure EVERYBODY knew that he got his mom a car. I’m sure there are PLENTY of other NFL players that have bought their mom a car for Mothers Day, they just dont feel the need to go announce it to the world.

35. tryfuhl says: May 10, 2010 4:18 AM

umm I bought my mom a DB9 and she didn’t act like a hoodrat in front of it

36. God's Own Silver and Blue says: May 10, 2010 5:52 AM

THATS a “mom”?
    We don’t all get June Cleaver as a mom, Coach Stram. She obviously did something right to raise a kid who went to The Show, and now it’s time for her to get paid. Good on you, lass.

37. MaxiPad Starks says: May 10, 2010 8:09 AM

The funnier stroy will be when she has to sell it when hes broke.
    or
    When she breaks her ankle trying to get in it with the stripper heels on.

38. Jack Burton says: May 10, 2010 8:49 AM

Was that twitter updated made in English or did I miss the “translate” button?

39. wintermoonrising says: May 10, 2010 9:05 AM

Heard a story about a kid returning from Afganistan to a Mother that hasn’t seen him in almost a year. He’s a Marine, wounded, and has a Daughter he hasn’t even seen yet because she was born during his last tour of duty. His Mother, who lives half way across the country from where he is stationed was going to be surprised by his visit on Mother’s Day and camera’s were sent along to document the reunion. Somehow, I have a feeling that this was a faaaaaar more valuable gift to this woman than any car or fancy item that is lifeless & means nothing in the greater scheme of things.

40. qawagstaff2009 says: May 10, 2010 9:23 AM

“Dashon Goldson’s mom had a better holiday than your mom”
    That’s a misuse of a declarative semtence.
    The love for your mother has little to do with the size of your gift.

41. MasterShake says: May 10, 2010 3:19 PM

“Maybe I can even get Florio to autograph one!”
    Nothing like devaluating (is that a word?) a gift. I bet your mom shaves more than you do. Actually, she does.
    I saw her at the Wallmart picking out your drawers.
    Straight doing your mom!