Tebow claims he has turned down "seven-figure" endorsement deals

Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow has done well for himself in the category of sponsorships and endorsements, landing deals with Nike and EA Sports.

Apparently, Tebow could have had even more.  A lot more.

According to the Memphis Commercial Appeal (via Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post), Tebow has declined “some seven-figure per year deals” because he believed they would interfere with his focus on football.  “I’m trying to work hard and not get my mind cluttered with all that,”
Tebow said.  “When it gets to the point when something needs to be
presented to me, I see it.  Right now, it’s all ball for me.”

Tebow’s agent thinks that the opportunities will continue to arise.  “Within the next five years, Tim clearly has a chance to be one of the
most endorsable athletes on the planet,” Sexton told the Commercial Appeal.  “I had one CEO of a
major Fortune 500 company tell me, ‘You know what, Jimmy?  For a
corporation to put a face on their brand, this guy is the real
deal.  He’s the one guy who’s not going to be a scandal two or three
years from now.'”

We agree with that last statement.  But Tebow’s marketing potential will diminish quickly if he doesn’t become at least a good NFL quarterback, or if the Broncos don’t consistently win games.

Permalink 89 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
89 Responses to “Tebow claims he has turned down "seven-figure" endorsement deals”
  1. ShruggingGalt says: May 13, 2010 7:20 AM

Umm, unfortunately it’s usually *those* kinds of people who fall harder than others. When his scandal breaks (whatever it will be), it’s going to be big. Really big.

2. NickSabanSucks says: May 13, 2010 7:20 AM

He shouldn’t have turned those down because no one’s going to want to endorse him after his career tanks..

3. Cushing Will Kill You says: May 13, 2010 7:22 AM

The digits after the decimal don’t count, Tim.

4. DB26 says: May 13, 2010 7:27 AM

Better take them while you can get them because in a few years, when the Broncos have 2 Round 1 bust QB’s *Quinn*, these sponsors won’t be endorsing your ass for being sorry as hell!
    QB’s need to take all the money they can get. They aren’t guaranteed to be good!

5. TrueFan says: May 13, 2010 7:31 AM

Very True. If Tebow doesn’t become a starter (and play well) his endorsement value will soon be very low.
    I would love to see someone new (be it Tebow or someone else) be the “face” of the NFL. Tired of having someone like Ray Lewis (as in “Boy am I lucky they couldn’t pin that murder on me”) be the poster child for the NFL. Why is that guy considered such a great character? He’s very little different than OJ in my opinion.
    Time for fans and the NFL proper to recognize a good athlete with character as an example. Not sure if that is Tebow or not, but I’m longing for it to be somebody.
    The NFL is starting to resemble the NBA in terms of thuggery and involvement of the players in crime and domestic violence.

6. smithopher says: May 13, 2010 7:39 AM

Yeah I absolutely agree. This guy is the most marketable athlete there is right now. If he produces on the field and doesn’t turn into the next Tiger Woods, Tebow will be the face of his franchise, plenty of corporations who’d like to give him endorsements, and possibly the entire NFL (after Peyton Manning retires, anyway).

7. BonnieD says: May 13, 2010 7:41 AM

Florio, I can see how much you dislike Tebow with that last statement in the article. You almost seem to be hoping that he doesn’t do well. It’s amazing how much time you spend hating the guy.

8. LuvThatDirtyWatah says: May 13, 2010 7:43 AM

Tebow is going to bring the Broncos back to elite status when his opp arises. He has the intangibles: athleticism, intelligence, focus, maturity, leadership, and a coach who turned Matt Cassel into Tom Brady for one year.
    I just don’t see how he doesn’t succeed.

9. darlingknight27 says: May 13, 2010 7:45 AM

did anyone tell him that decimal numbers dont count?

10. SpankyJanky26 says: May 13, 2010 7:47 AM

Oh boy… this is going to be a shibacle

11. GirthyOne says: May 13, 2010 7:49 AM

Nothing is guaranteed. He could have some serious issues. Nobody knows for sure. Stop propping this guy up as some saint.
    As a guy who needs a lot of work, he should be focusing on football. However, as a guy who needs so much work, he should have taken any deal like that. I am sure they would have worked around his schedule and he certainly could end up without deals in the future.

12. CowHog says: May 13, 2010 7:53 AM

With your current “love affair” with Tebow I bet the 7 figure endorsement deal was from you and PFT.

13. NoKoolaidCowboy says: May 13, 2010 8:05 AM

All of this and he can walk on water!
    NEXT!

14. ssmag13 says: May 13, 2010 8:07 AM

I love how this guy feels like he needs to tell everybody that he turned down the deal. Such a tool.

15. rodstiffington says: May 13, 2010 8:14 AM

You know the saying… “Anyone that far to the right is hiding a very deep and dark secert”. It wouldn’t surprise me at all, if Tebow allows hookers to spit in his mouth.

16. jj jones says: May 13, 2010 8:14 AM

Who were the companies? Clorox bleach? Wonder Bread?

17. DC_Bengals_Fan says: May 13, 2010 8:14 AM

” For a corporation to put a face on their brand, this guy is the real deal. He’s the one guy who’s not going to be a scandal two or three years from now.'”
    In other words, Roethlisberger just made Tebow a lot of money.

18. FalconsFan says: May 13, 2010 8:15 AM

I don’t see a problem with what Tebow is doing, I think Brady Quinn might have been distracted in the past by the ads he was in before becoming a proven player. It’s nice to see someone who’s not driven by money 100% of the time, although we also don’t know what his NIKE contract says about appearing in other ads.

19. Hank_SJ says: May 13, 2010 8:25 AM

As we have all learned (or should have), if it’s too good to be true, then it usually is.

20. ballhawk1 says: May 13, 2010 8:26 AM

I love the holier than thou attitude and let me turn down the deals…GOD will show me the way….I am catholic and let me tell you this much…YOU MAKE YOUR OWN TRAIL and you need to make decisions that are best to set you up for the future…especially when you will probably never be more than a gimmicky B/U qb in the pros!!!

21. Nate is Gay for Brady says: May 13, 2010 8:29 AM

Next offseason he’ll be caught by TMZ on video dancing in a gay bar. “We are family! I got all my sistas and me!”

22. TFBuckFutter says: May 13, 2010 8:32 AM

“He’s the one guy who’s not going to be a scandal two or three years from now.'”
    Yeah. You know who else you can count on? Ted Haggard.

23. Howboutdemcowboys says: May 13, 2010 8:33 AM

“For a corporation to put a face on their brand, this guy is the real deal.”
    Suddenly all the great talent evaluators work for corporations instead of pro teams.
    That is a ridiculous statement. As much as “pro talent scouts” miss, it’s absurd to think that a corporation knows more.

24. Duan says: May 13, 2010 8:35 AM

In all honesty, Tim Tebow is a marketable kid.
    He reminds me of Mike Singletary, where his life simply revolves around football. Mike Sigletary a.k.a “Samari” – was balls to the wall football.
    Not a drinker, not a smoker – the only difference, Sigletary cussed! Like a Sailor!

25. Barry says: May 13, 2010 8:37 AM

Tebow has taken more hits than any QB comming out of college. The greatest college football player in history, I don’t get the hate. If he was black, I wonder how he’d be looked at, treated?

26. certaincoachditka says: May 13, 2010 8:37 AM

It’s a shame. That silver polish CAN do wonders.

27. rydendonkeys says: May 13, 2010 8:39 AM

“ALL BALL FOR ME”
    I got my Authentic #15 Tebow in the mail yesterday!
    WAR BRONCOS
    Anyone else want an authentic for 65 hit up craigslist

28. Jack Burton says: May 13, 2010 8:40 AM

I turned down a free cheeseburger the other day, big deal.

29. burntorangehorn says: May 13, 2010 8:45 AM

What’s with the homophobic slurs? You guys talk like it’d be a bad thing if Tebow were gay. I doubt he is, but honestly, would it make him a lesser person or something?
    I want Tebow to fall hard, but if he turned out to be gay, that wouldn’t qualify. That’d just mean that he’d be sexually oriented toward men.
    Yokels.

30. TT Fan says: May 13, 2010 8:52 AM

In the first place, it was not Tebow that told anybody anything, it was his agent. In the second place, when will people get it that he is not in this for the money and greed?
    Florio chose to state that his marketing potential WILL diminish quickly if he doesn’t at least become a good quarterback. That MAY be true, but by the same token, his marketing potentital WILL increase substantially should he become one of the best. Based on his past accomplishments, determination, dedication, and his will to succeed, my bet is that his marketability will be the least of his, or his agent’s, concerns. However, if those of you who ARE concerned about it enough to leave your nasty comments here, and have little else to worry about except what Tim Tebow does or doesn’t do, I guess you all feel bigger and better for it. It will only drive him harder to prove you wrong.

31. TrueFan says: May 13, 2010 8:54 AM

Hey “ballhawk”.. two things for you:
    1) Tebow did NOT say “GOD will show me the way” in relation to this decision. He said that he was focusing on football and didn’t want to be distracted by the commitment that the particular ones he turned down would have required.. Nice try. Your anti (evangelical) Christianity is showing.
    2) Interesting.. . Your being “Catholic” means your not biased apparently? Why else would you mention that? Your assertion that (despite being “catholic) that you “make your own way” reveals how uninformed you are about the tenets of both Catholicism and Evangelical Christianity.
    You should have said you were a HUMANIST who abhors people of faith mentioning their reliance on God in any real certain terms. Because clearly that was the substance and angle of your post.

32. FantasyFootballSentinel says: May 13, 2010 9:03 AM

This idiot better take the money while he can because in a few years he will be exposed as the average at best QB he is.

33. BigBear123 says: May 13, 2010 9:03 AM

He was the face of college football for 3 years, not hard to believe.

34. The_Emperor says: May 13, 2010 9:13 AM

# ShruggingGalt says: May 13, 2010 7:20 AM
    ————————————————–
    Probably child molestation…

35. Gregjennings85 says: May 13, 2010 9:14 AM

Yeah, TT is about as squeaky clean as a Catholic priest…

36. Howboutdemcowboys says: May 13, 2010 9:17 AM

Barry says:
    May 13, 2010 8:37 AM
    ______________________________
    You wonder too much about color. That should tell you something about how YOU see people!!!!!

37. PrimeTime says: May 13, 2010 9:18 AM

It’s amazing how people can rip this guy… there’s NEVER been a more focused, determined player in maybe all of sports… I can do without the Jesus stuff with this guy but in a day and age where guys like Jamarcus Russell gets millions and puts zero work in, here’s a guy that clearly wants to succeed… give me a guy like that any day…

38. Abqpacker says: May 13, 2010 9:24 AM

The Kid can’t win on this board no matter what. When he made money selling autographs we was criticized and scorned for being greedy, but now when he turns down money to actually play football we his scorned as well.
    I know PFT gets paid by the post/hit. I’d just like to think there are more constructive ways of getting readers ($) than inventing targets of scorn.

39. Olbermanisadouche says: May 13, 2010 9:24 AM

jj jones says:
    May 13, 2010 8:14 AM
    Who were the companies? Clorox bleach? Wonder Bread?
    Racism is a two way street…

40. MidMonster1 says: May 13, 2010 9:27 AM

@LuvThatDirtyWatah
    I don’t see how he CAN succeed. Never been under center before, and never faced defensive ends as fierce. Remember the hit he took at Kentucky by the defender that was roughly the same size? It gets worse, much worse.

41. agcobb says: May 13, 2010 9:29 AM

7 figures???? NO chance Florio! Outside of Peyton Manning, no one, including Tom Brady has anywhere close to a seven figure per year deal in the NFL. Get your facts straight!!!

42. muchmaligned says: May 13, 2010 9:36 AM

Yep, this is how it starts, folks. You jock these humans so thoroughly no one could live up to your standards of adoration. Then, when it turns out they are, in fact, human, you whine about them being role models for our children… blah, blah, blah. Pathetic.
    Also, every time someone mentions TMZ, America dies just a little.

43. jj jones says: May 13, 2010 9:36 AM

“With his work ethic, confidence, physical abilities, it’s gonna take a miracle for him NOT to succeed. ”
    Give me a break. It takes more than that to be a good NFL QB.

44. FantasyFootballSentinel says: May 13, 2010 9:38 AM

# LuvThatDirtyWatah says: May 13, 2010 7:43 AM
    I just don’t see how he doesn’t succeed.
    —————————————————-
    When did Bellicik start coaching the Broncos?

45. Piro says: May 13, 2010 9:41 AM

Ironhead Heyward had endorsement deals too. No reason this future fullback won’t.

46. toe-to-toe bird law says: May 13, 2010 9:42 AM

PrimeTime says:
    May 13, 2010 9:18 AM
    ———————————————–
    (eye roll) Yeah, I’m sure Peyton Manning and Drew Brees could learn a lot about focus and determination from Tim Tebow.

47. steveinohio says: May 13, 2010 9:43 AM

what was the ad deal he passed on?…Satan Light Beer?

48. Philly Cheese says: May 13, 2010 9:45 AM

Howboutdemcowboys says:
    ______________________________
    I couldn’t agree with you more, which sucks, because you’re a freakin cowpie fan!

49. ssmag13 says: May 13, 2010 9:47 AM

He didn’t turn down a damned thing. Just like when he said he lost endorsement deals because of his anti-choice stance. If you are so admirably turning down deals, name names.

50. Buck Febow says: May 13, 2010 9:54 AM

The scandal will come………
    unless he can pray those Gay demons out of him.
    “Not that there’s anything wrong with that.”

51. tbtsm15 says: May 13, 2010 9:54 AM

If Tiger’s taught us anything its that anybody, even Tebow, can become Ben Roethlisberger.

52. Joe says: May 13, 2010 10:05 AM

Exactly nobody will give a crap about him if he sucks, like he will.
    he shoulda took the money while he could… idiot

53. NFL4EVER says: May 13, 2010 10:26 AM

The media “Made” Tebow larger than life just like they did with Obama.
    Hopefully for Tebow, he will provide some substance in the coming years to justify that hype, unlike Obama.

54. PrimeTime says: May 13, 2010 10:29 AM

toe-to-toe bird law says:
    May 13, 2010 9:42 AM
    I was saying there’s never been a more focused and determined guy coming out of college… certainly Brees wasn’t, he was basically a bust and that’s why SD drafted Rivers, then Brees woke up.

55. Yash says: May 13, 2010 10:35 AM

Tiger Woods was also once looked at as a can’t miss spokesperson with untouchable character and ideals…I just hope this isn’t a foot in mouth comment looked back on in 5 years in the midst of an unthinkable scandal…

56. Brewster says: May 13, 2010 10:35 AM

The delerious Bronco homers are out of the asylum again, who unlocked the doors?
    # LuvThatDirtyWatah says: May 13, 2010 7:43 AM
    I just don’t see how he doesn’t succeed.
    ______________________
    First off, stop with the intangibles garbage. when someone has no stats/experience (at this level) to support a position, the intangibles are always brought up. Tebow isn’t the only rookie this year with good/great intangibles.
    If you’re referring to Josh McDaniels turning Cassell into a one year Tom Brady you might have missed the real reason Cassell poerformed so well in New England that year, do the names Moss and Welker mean anything to you. If McDaniels “coached him up” so well how come he was such a flop in KC last year.
    And I can tell you how he doesn’t succeed. If he gets rushed into play too soon, if his patched up O-line lets him get flattened and injured by everyone who comes head hunting, if he takes an open shot on one his scrambles from a LB or DE, there are numerous reasons why he may not succeed, or he may succeed but he’ll need to prove it on the field first.
    ____________
    And then this one:
    PrimeTime says:
    May 13, 2010 9:18 AM
    ———————————————–
    Prime Time envision this:
    You and Mike Tyson in the ring. Tyson’s eyes piercing through you, fists ready to leap at your face, you backpedalling in terror knowing in just a few seconds your head is going to hit the canvas and be in a different configuration than it was before Tyson’s punch lands.
    I’ll bet you’d be focused and determined to get the hell out of the ring. But not quite as focused as Tyson was.
    Or Tiger Woods, or a few other pro atheletes who were/are focused and have actually achieved something at the pro level.
    Please lets hold off the canonization of St. Timmy until he accomplishes something on a NFL field of play.

57. savagenation says: May 13, 2010 10:45 AM

ShruggingGalt says: May 13, 2010 7:20 AM
    You’re an idiot……”Those” kind of people? What u mean Christian?
    There will be no scandal. I know you’d like to see it
    to make u feel better about yourself.He is successful successful and will be successful in the NFL no doubt because of his faith

58. floriohasintegrityissues says: May 13, 2010 10:50 AM

Florio- I disagree with your last statement. “marketing potential will diminish quickly…” Shallow statements like these make YOUR marketing potential diminish quickly… of course it is tough to diminish when you have already hit the bottom… OH!

59. stetai says: May 13, 2010 11:05 AM

I disagree about how “safe” he is. Unlike Peyton Manning who has zero personality other than a finger pointer and teammate curser on the field, Tebow is not a moldable piece of clay for commercials like Peyton.
    Tebow is very opinionted, probably more than others, and the bigger a star he becomes the more vocal he will get about controversial issues. Look at the stir he caused from the SB commercial before he was even drafted!

60. RedMan says: May 13, 2010 11:14 AM

Take the deals Tim – your focus on football is admirable, but focus on your family first.
    Set them up and it won’t matter if your career takes off or not.
    You don’t get bonus points for turning down money.
    I hope this guy is for real (n more ways than one)…

61. jaxjaggywires says: May 13, 2010 11:19 AM

I just don’t understand the extreme, vicious hatred for this kid, who has NEVER done anything wrong…no drug busts, no obstructing justice, not even a speeding ticket.
    He may flame out, or he may do well…I just don’t get why some people are salivating at the prospect of watching him fail. After complaining so much about the “thuggery” going on in sports, here’s a kid who seems to live within the law, does all the right things…and people desperately want him to fail.
    I just don’t understand it…

62. Outlaw Jersey Whales says: May 13, 2010 11:32 AM

This claim is absolutely true! I was the one that made the pitch to his handlers!
    I offered the guy a ground-floor opportunity to be the face of my new franchise start-up. It’s a can’t-miss deal! Tebow would be perfect!
    It fits in with his hobby, includes one of his favorite foods and it’s “green” (I recycle EVERYTHING)! Very trendy and appealing to a young man!
    It’s a combination drive-in circumcision and pizza parlor!
    “Stop, Crop ‘n Wop”

63. PrimeTime says: May 13, 2010 11:33 AM

Brewster… I’d rather envision you and I in the ring right about now!!!… kidding… all I’m saying is give the dude a break, people seem to want to see this guy fail, the NFL has drafted guys high based on talent for years and more often than not it has not worked out… so let’s see if you draft a guy with some skills but more heart… I’ll take my chances with this guy over a Jeff George any day.

64. PrimeTime says: May 13, 2010 11:35 AM

jaxjaggywires says:
    May 13, 2010 11:19 AM
    I just don’t understand it…
    I’m a huge Tebow fan but for one I can not stand his religious BS that he spouts, I’m guessing that is a huge turn off to a lot of people thus wanting to see him fail.

65. realityhater says: May 13, 2010 11:38 AM

–Who were the companies? Clorox bleach? Wonder Bread?–
    I heard it was endorsements from Crayola, DuPont Teflon and the BMOA (Bible Manufacturers of America).

66. ildeuce says: May 13, 2010 11:39 AM

I really can’t wait for him to just play. Seriously, 90% of you armchair quarterbacks are convinced that he doesn’t have what it takes to be a good QB. You act like he is the most god awful prospect in the world when all he did was win two national championships and a heisman for being an amazing quarterback. Yes, I know the t ransition is huge, but this guy has proven he can flat out play, adjust, and win. But no, apparently it is impossible for him to do that in the NFL because the majority of you overweight onlookers absolutely “know” what it takes to be an NFL qb. Eat a donut.

67. rydendonkeys says: May 13, 2010 12:15 PM

NFL4EVER says:
    May 13, 2010 10:26 AM
    The media “Made” Tebow larger than life just like they did with Obama.
    ————————————————-
    Health Care reform.
    Saved the DOW.
    Nuclear Proliferation.
    Jobs being created now, a net change of 1 million jobs created vs lost per month from where it was under Bush.
    America’s standing is much greater than where it was.
    Looked at Europe markets lately, mass inflation in China…
    Financial reform coming.
    No more troops dieing in a war we were lied into during the state of the union…

68. DrZin says: May 13, 2010 12:40 PM

Tebow’s alleged unsuitability for the NFL is one of the biggest instances of unfounded, media-generated, hyper-hype since Y2K. And the morons who parrot it are far more motivated by hoping to see an unapologetic Christian guy fail than by any objective observation of athletic potential.
    “Oh, he can’t play in the NFL because of his “throwing motion” and there’s no way he can learn how to take a snap from under center and learn the footwork for his drop back. Now give me my f***ing cracker.”
    F***ing ridiculous. Assuming he even does have to make those kinds of adjustments, that’s a couple of months work, at most. The guy’s got a brilliant football mind, all the athletic tools, unbelievable competitiveness, work ethic, and drive, and a flawless character.
    Mark my words: Tim Tebow’s going to f***ing ROCK the NFL.

69. spliffbunker says: May 13, 2010 1:09 PM

Brewster says: May 13, 2010 10:35 AM
    ………………………………
    as usual you nail it..
    I began to be optomistic about Tebow in Feb thinking he was worth a shot if some team was willing to invest the time in coaching him
    I really think the Broncos might rush him..before mini-camps the hype machine is in full gear
    for all the ball & juice that went on in that room I remain unconvinced that McD is some sort of QB guru…5 new QB’s in a year starting with Simms on a big contract…
    I have never seen an NFL QB play as badly as Simms did last year…his ability may have been better when he had a spleen but he looked totally unprepared
    anyway the eye for talent & ability to coach & develop a QB ( as opposed to riding on Bradys coat-tails ) is going to be challenged…not to mention our QB coach

70. Broncofan4life says: May 13, 2010 1:28 PM

Ok…First of all..as a lifetime Broncos fan I was dead surprised to see us draft Tim. When i heard that pick i wasnt sure what to think. I know that everybody says “he doesnt have the talent or the arm to play in the NFL”. Lets go back to his time at Florida…He played in a very good offense around alot of good players. Percy Harvin and others really helped Tebow thrive in Florida. Now that Denver has revamped their offense and are coming into a season where everybody will be healthy and the running game will hopefully return to its legendary status…this could be just the thing that Tebow needs to take some pressure off of his “below average throwing skills” that some of you are already branding him. I am still undecided about the pick but I do know one thing, when it comes to leadership, loyalty, committment, and work ethic this guy is already worlds beyond some of the guys who have been in the league for years. So please leave the guy alone until after the season and we see where it goes. I know alot of you have nothing better to do than hate on a guy who is spiritual and has his own beliefs, but hes not forcing his beliefs on any of you, all he asks is that you give him a chance in this league before you throw him under the bus.

71. Donna says: May 13, 2010 2:28 PM

See this is the problem with our society and athletes. I’m sure at some point the same thing was said about Tiger. However, what we need to realize is, that this is a young man is not perfect. But because he has not been involved in any situations that could bring scrutiny upon him, we have some columnist that brands him perfect or as close to it as anyone ever will be. Tebow being as human as the rest of us, he will eventually do something to cast doubt on that because he is not “a perfect human” none of us are and you set him up for major disappointment when you expect him to live up to that.
    Don’t know who’s paying you but you just can’t seem to write any article without taking a cheap shot at Tiger as the last statement of this article was strictly intended to do.

72. Brewster says: May 13, 2010 3:38 PM

@PrimeTime says: May 13, 2010 11:33 AM
    _______________
    Very funny comeback.
    I’m not anti Tebow, not that you suggested I was, and I don’t wish him to fail. The objection I have is to the pro Tim Tebow euphoria coming from so many Bronco fans placing totally unrealistic expectations on a kid who many suggest is questionable as a NFL QB let alone a superstar NFL QB.
    I do think, and I have stated on this site, that trading 3 draft choices to move up to take Tebow in the first round was another McDaniels McBlunder. You can’t blame Tebow for being drafted in the first round, but it does place an unnecessary burden on him.
    I keep reading, again from diehard Bronco fans, how great the revamped bigger O-line, and the new D-line, and the running game and the new WR’s are going to be. I don’t buy it for one second. The O-line has new players and a new blocking scheme, it will take time to learn to play together. The new D-line consists of 2nd stringers from other teams acquired in the off season and a 34 year old NT who didn’t play at all last year, they too have to learn to play together. The improved running game….see my comment on the O-line. The improved WR’s, don’t make me laugh. The team has been gutted, it will take a miracle for them to even go 8-8 this year. Maybe McDaniels drafted Tebow because he knew it will take a miracle and Tebow is his only chance.
    In my estimation the Broncos will have a chance to get back to being a respectable team about 2-3 years after McDaniels is gone, that is if Bowlen brings in a front office & head coach that has proven experience and knows something about football, neither of which exists in the Broncos front office today.

73. bluestree says: May 13, 2010 4:01 PM

NFL4EVER says:
    May 13, 2010 10:26 AM
    The media “Made” Tebow larger than life just like they did with Obama.
    ——————————————
    I swear these guys are on every blog on any topic on all of the internets.
    I wonder how many of these guys are being paid with my tax dollars to spew this?

74. ScubaGolfJim says: May 13, 2010 4:01 PM

“He’s the one guy who’s not going to be a scandal two or three years from now.”
    Damn! You mean we’ve got to wait FOUR years before his real self is revealed?
    Of course, we ALL know of no scandals controversies involving “deeply religious” characters, do we? If that’s what the statement is based on, someone could be in for a huge surprise.
    Roberts, Bakker, Falwell, Buchanan, Haggard (mentioned above also,) Swaggert, Crouch, Alamo, Hovind…

75. ScubaGolfJim says: May 13, 2010 4:06 PM

“but hes not forcing his beliefs on any of you”
    Au contraire BroncosFan4Life…
    One reason many despise this Teboohoohoo is his scripture ridden anti-glare strips. That’s not considered forcing his beliefs onto others? How about if it said F$%K YOU, SATAN LIVES. No objection to that?

76. shazard01 says: May 13, 2010 5:02 PM

Tebow will be a good NFL QB – You all listen to the so called experts and act you know what your talking about….I mean look at Heath Schular, Danny Wuerffel, Akilii Smith, Ryan Leaf, Fat Bot Russell. Give the dude a chance………..

77. William Sey says: May 13, 2010 6:25 PM

Wow do not understand why so many really hate Tebow,but if I had to guess I would say because he is not afraid to show and speak about his faith. I am not a saint, and Tebow is not a saint also,but he is a stand up honest christian and so many dislike him because of that. I tip my hat to him for being up front about his beliefs, and to those who mark him they can, but let me say this he will prove many wrong.

78. JB says: May 13, 2010 7:32 PM

What a lot of you yahoo’s don’t get is that Tebow understands that there a many things more important than money. Time will tell how well Tebow does in the NFL, but I’m betting on him as a winner both on and off the field.

79. MDLink says: May 13, 2010 7:40 PM

Tim Tim Tim, Take the deal you could get hurt right out of the box then nobody will want you to endorse anything…except wheelchairs or the like

80. JB says: May 13, 2010 8:02 PM

Better to be paralyzed from the neck down than the neck up!

81. texasj says: May 13, 2010 9:12 PM

82. NFL4EVER says: May 13, 2010 11:16 PM

rydendonkeys says:
    May 13, 2010 12:15 PM
    NFL4EVER says:
    May 13, 2010 10:26 AM
    The media “Made” Tebow larger than life just like they did with Obama.
    ————————————————-
    Health Care reform.
    Saved the DOW.
    Nuclear Proliferation.
    America’s standing is much greater than where it was.
    Looked at Europe markets lately, mass inflation in China…
    Financial reform coming.
    No more troops dieing in a war we were lied into during the state of the union…
    ———————————————————————–
    You sir, are out of your Fu*king mind!….sheeple.

83. this class sucks says: May 14, 2010 1:30 AM

“He’s the one guy who’s not going to be a scandal two or three years from now”
    Ok here is one problem with that. I bet you plenty of people said the same thing about OJ Simpson. He was loved at USC, well like in the pros. Class act all the way. Appeared in several movies and was very popular. No one is a criminal until the commit a crime. I am not saying Tebow is going to be like OJ or anything like that. I am simply saying charisma and an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ does not mean one is infallible in the eyes of the court or public opinion.

84. this class sucks says: May 14, 2010 1:31 AM

@NFL4EVER
    “I have no argument against any of the evidence you gave to back up your point. Instead will you accept an insult and name calling? Its all I’ve got.”

85. BroncFanW/OTebowner says: May 14, 2010 6:36 AM

As a 30+ year Bronco fan, I can tell you that at least 50% of all Bronco fans cannot stand Josh McDanuiels and now his overrated, picked too high boy toy Tim Tebow. The guy has poor footwork, a bad throwing motion, and may have problems reading pro-style defenses. McDaniels has proven nothing other than he can cuss out his offensive lineman on Thanksgiving night NFL games. Tebow appeals to the right-wingers in Colorado Springs and across the country because he has already made his socio/religious/political views well known. Denver, which had the real deal in John Elway, is stuck now, thanks to that idiot Josh McDaniels, with 3 second tier QBs in Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn, and Tim Tebow in that order. Along with aging defensive players and the most boring offensive game plan in pro football last year, the Broncos will be lucky to go 5-11 this season and into the foreseeable future. Moving up to get Tim Tebow in the first round by trading 3 prime draft choices is going to haunt the Broncos for a long time.

86. Seeryer says: May 14, 2010 3:37 PM

The arrogance in that statement from Sexton and the arrogance of Florio agreeing with it is what makes people root against Tebow. The arrogance to assume that Tebow is the perfect moral being and not susceptible LIKE EVERY SINGLE OTHER PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE IS RIDICULOUS. And pisses people off. Ted Haggard anyone?

87. Deb says: May 14, 2010 10:45 PM

Sounds like Tebow has more business savvy than his agent. Good brand management begins with managing your brand, which is what Tebow is doing. His agent talks too much when he should be playing his cards closer to the vest.
    No one, including Tebow, knows what he’ll be three years from now. The Bible teaches us to be wary of thinking we can’t fall. And none of these endorsements will matter unless he proves to be an able pro QB. I wish him well–but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

88. piccolo says: May 15, 2010 10:38 PM

I’ll bet dollars to donuts Tim Tebow and Sarah Palin are caught up in in a sex tape. Tebow will play The Gimp.

89. jordanv says: May 16, 2010 10:39 AM

Well who needs money, when you heal the sick, feed the poor, and walk on water?