Cushing says he has no worries about his health

B. Cushing.jpgTexans linebacker Brian Cushing is trying to put the talk of tumors and an enlarged pituitary gland behind him.

After his first football practice of the offseason, Cushing said he had no worries about his health and nothing was bothering him.

“I haven’t felt this great in a while,” Cushing said. “It feels good to have
all those ailments gone, and I’m just flying around.”

Cushing struck a different note less than one week ago at the press conference in which he denied taking a banned substance.

“Right now, I’m concerned about myself,” Cushing said last Thursday.  “I’m concerned about my health,
and that’s the most important thing right now. I have to take care of my situation and find out why this is happening
from a health standpoint and also from a prevention standpoint that it
doesn’t happen again.”

Cushing’s lawyer later claimed that the linebacker has an enlarged pituitary gland, which can have many negative health complications.  But that issue appears to be largely settled, if he has no lingering health concerns.

It sounds like Cushing won’t say much more about his condition.

“I got everything off my chest that I needed to and pretty much
explained everything I needed to in full detail,” he said. “People can
think what they want, but the truth is out there.”

Permalink 31 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Houston Texans, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
31 Responses to “Cushing says he has no worries about his health”
  1. bonafide says: May 18, 2010 12:53 PM

I’d have so much more respect for Cushing if he just said “Okay, I used steroids, then I wanted to restart my testosterone cycle so I used hCG. I’m sorry and I won’t do it again.” Enough with the lying and coverup. Your lying is more reliable than Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Roger Clemens, and every other athlete who denied steroid using after being caught.

2. AlCortez says: May 18, 2010 1:03 PM

Sounds like he’s getting a little tired of the constant needling.

3. Chapnasty2 says: May 18, 2010 1:05 PM

Good for him, now Florio leave him alone.

4. robert ethen says: May 18, 2010 1:05 PM

An enlarged pituitary gland is not necessarily a lifetime condition. Cancerous tumors can be a cause of an enlarged gland. So can benign tumors or a variety of other factors. According to at least a couple of these “experts” the pituitary gland can contribute to elevated levels of hCG.
    I fail to see the wild incongruities that some people seem to find in Brian Cushing’s stance and statements. For the most part what he has said seems reasonably plausible, and I think he has handled the whole situation about as well as could be expected under the circumstances.

5. silverback says: May 18, 2010 1:09 PM

Die steroid freak die!!!! Most hated man in the AFC is Brian Cushing, by a long way.

6. jimicos says: May 18, 2010 1:12 PM

This guy should just keep his mouth closed.

7. BigMikeSkinsFan says: May 18, 2010 1:12 PM

Cushing is going to end up shooting himself in the foot even more then he already has with his ignorant comments.
    SHUT UP AND GET OUT OF THE NEWS!!

8. downwithdansnyder says: May 18, 2010 1:16 PM

This guy wouldn’t know the truth if it hit him in the family jewels. But maybe that’s because they shrunk so much from years of cheating…

9. Derrick says: May 18, 2010 1:22 PM

what happened to this is going to be the last post regarding this issue……I guess you forgot!!!

10. BenRapistberger says: May 18, 2010 1:24 PM

You’re twisting his words. I really hate when people knowingly present something in a certain way to push their bias onto others.

11. hurls187 says: May 18, 2010 1:24 PM

I cannot believe how much of a moron this guy is. Surprising he was able to go this long without being caught. Either that, or the guy is so delusional he thinks that everyone else on Earth is a complete moron.

12. Lex Luger says: May 18, 2010 1:27 PM

Enlarged pituatory comes from steroid use, just like Jason Giambi, remember when he had one, and then he came back afterwards much much smaller.

13. CleanSlaton says: May 18, 2010 1:29 PM

take that, Zach Miller.
    Cush rules.
    Go Texans

14. TEXANS 19 cowgirls 10 says: May 18, 2010 1:29 PM

Dude needs to press the mute button…

15. Florio-is-a-tool says: May 18, 2010 1:38 PM

15 lbs later and a step or two slower, this guy will be lucky to be on a team in 2 years…

16. akuehn713 says: May 18, 2010 1:59 PM

Man, he must be Wolverine. To go from possibly having cancer and an enlarged pituitary gland to being completely healthy and never felling better in a week takes mutant healing powers.
    What a lying D-bag. Hopefully Maurice Jones-Drew jacks him up just like he did to Merriman after he had to quit roiding.

17. marshmellon says: May 18, 2010 2:08 PM

Thanks Florio. Can you stop the Cushing-Mongering now? I hear there may be OTA’s in session…

18. myopinionisrighterthanyours says: May 18, 2010 2:09 PM

“I got everything off my chest that I needed to and pretty much explained everything I needed to in full detail,” he said. “People can think what they want, but the truth is out there.”
    Finally, Cushing says something that makes sense. The truth is out there. He cheated and got caught. Way to go, Brian!!!

19. darth_vincent says: May 18, 2010 2:17 PM

yeah – “the truth is out there” alright – I wish Cush would quit pointing to the far horizon when he says that. He’s now backed himself into a corner where the only way out is to release the medical records showing the cancerous tumor, or show the enlarged Pit gland… his word is worth nothing.
    …and damn, doesn’t his lawyer remind you of someone who’s trying to spin this story like it’s still the 1990 pre-internet era, where no one could spin back. Man up! you’re in the phreakin’ NFL.
    This whole episode can now be summed up in 2 words: EPIC FAIL!

20. Other Bears says: May 18, 2010 2:24 PM

AlCortez says:
    May 18, 2010 1:03 PM
    Sounds like he’s getting a little tired of the constant needling.
    ————————————
    HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! Pun intended, I hope.

21. NFLFollower says: May 18, 2010 2:25 PM

“feels good to have all those ailments gone”—??——-what ailments?!? Cushing thinks we’re all as far down the IQ totem pole as he is. Psychologists say when somebody lies repeatedly (think OJ) they start to believe themselves. I honestly think that could be going on here.

22. FireJerryJones says: May 18, 2010 2:40 PM

Feels better cause he aint gor ‘roid rage.

23. vegassquire says: May 18, 2010 2:55 PM

I am just glad he didn’t become pregnant

24. Scott Robinson - On Further Review says: May 18, 2010 3:02 PM

So much for your empty promise to end the Cushing thread.
    What’s interesting is that even in the face of new information you and others like you still stick to your guns and insisted he cheated. There’s a plausible medical scenario which led to this that even the NFL “experts” disagreed over.
    That’s hardly balanced reporting.

25. wxwax says: May 18, 2010 3:04 PM

Say, didn’t you promise, two Cushing stories ago, that you’d written your last Cushing post?
    Yes, I’m sure you did.
    You go, girl.

26. MrONE50 says: May 18, 2010 3:24 PM

the truth is out there somewhere. can someone please find it for him

27. Death by Sexy says: May 18, 2010 3:59 PM

“feels good to have all those ailments gone”
    If I am not mistaken, these were responses to an injury question, not a steroid one.
    Have you no journalistic integrity at all?

28. rykelly06 says: May 18, 2010 4:01 PM

You know what might’ve helped him recover from all his physical maladies so quickly?
    Steroids.

29. Bullet says: May 18, 2010 4:23 PM

Before you cast your stones against Cushing you should read this. This is what really went on. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7006235.html

30. JimmySmith says: May 18, 2010 4:36 PM

Like OJ saying he was going to spend the rest of his life looking for his wife’s killer, Cushing expects us all to join him in fantasy land as he denies, lies, and makes up stories to suit his changing excuses.
    I don’t wish painful career ending injuries on anyone but if this lying sack of shit ends up on IR and out of football, you wouldn’t catch me shedding a tear.

31. steve2006 says: May 18, 2010 6:07 PM

“People can think what they want, but the truth is out there.”
    Yes the truth is out there, but NOT from you!