Umenyiora "not sure what all the fuss has been about"

Three months ago, New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora was so upset about being benched late in the 2009 season that he said he’d quit before he’d be a backup again. But as the Giants start organized team activities today, Umenyiora says he doesn’t know why there were so many stories this offseason about him possibly leaving New York.

“I’ve been in New York the last two weeks working with the team,” Umenyiora wrote on his blog. “I’m not sure what all the fuss has been about with me. There has been a lot of talk about me, about me getting traded. I didn’t get traded, I’m with the team and have been with the team. I think people have been looking for me to do something to cause dissension, but that’s not happening.”

Of course, Umenyiora’s own comments in February are the reason people have been looking for him to cause dissension. But Umenyiora says he’s looking forward, not backward.

“I’m focused on working and want to do all I can to help this team win games,” Umenyiora wrote. “I’m looking forward to starting OTAs.”

So for now, anyway, Umenyiora is a happy camper. Whether he’s still a happy camper if he’s not a starter in four months remains to be seen.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
8 Responses to “Umenyiora "not sure what all the fuss has been about"”
  1. JJ Nukes says: May 18, 2010 9:52 AM

Lets go Giants.

2. LionsFan-StopLaughing says: May 18, 2010 10:00 AM

That’s because he can’t remember the things he should regret…

3. Levito says: May 18, 2010 10:09 AM

Osi has been stirring up offseason talk for years. Fortunately for the Giants, he usually gets over it when the season rolls around and plays hard.
    Now if only he could stop the run…

4. GangGreenCominAtYa says: May 18, 2010 10:16 AM

who cares? he’s gonna lose his starting job again

5. stevemcguigan says: May 18, 2010 10:46 AM

Here’s a guy that goes to bed every night praying to God a series of events leads him to be facing off alone against a rookie playing the wrong position again. As it is, I’m not sure dthis guy doesn’t owe half of each game check to Winston Justice.

6. robert ethen says: May 18, 2010 1:11 PM

Umenyiora blames the fuss on a media conspiracy designed to get him out of town.
    Led by reporters who hate having to spell his name.

7. nittanylion0 says: May 18, 2010 2:21 PM

this is the cycle with Osi… he gets pissed in front of the media about something, his camp leaks out some information that he’s really pissed, and then he shows up at the next camp all smiles acting like he doesn’t know what everyone’s talking about and he’s just ready to play football.
    quit playing games, Osi and return to your prior state of dominance, please.

8. cantgetenough says: May 18, 2010 4:11 PM

@stevemcguigan
    You’re in Osi’s bedroom every night? And what about the guys other than Justice that Osi beat that day? Does Osi owe than any money?