Report: Santana Moss received hGH

Santana Moss was among the athletes that received hGH from Dr. Anthony Galea, Rick Maese of the Washington Post reported on Thursday morning.

The Buffalo News had previously reported that Moss was a patient of Galea’s and has been questioned by the government.  It was unclear whether Moss had received hGH until Maese’s report.

Before Moss’ name was attached to the investigation of Galea, the receiver stopped to talk with Washington Post reporter Barry Svrluga on Wednesday.

The transcript is telling. Moss did not feel comfortable with the conversation, even though he wasn’t being implicated — yet.  Unfortunately for Moss, it’s a conversation he’s going to have to get used to in the coming weeks.

If Moss admits his hGH use to the NFL, like Rodney Harrison did in 2007, Moss seems likely to be suspended.

The full transcript of the conversation is after the jump, courtesy of Syrluga:

Syrluga: “Are you at all surprised to hear that HGH
about someone on this team?”

A: “I’ll talk about football. I don’t know about
nothing else. I ain’t got nothing to do with nothing that ain’t about
me.”

Q: “Okay, well, just to be
clear, have you ever met this guy [Dr. Anthony] Galea?”

A: “Like I said, I ain’t got nothing to do with
that. I ain’t got nothing to do with it. You want to talk about
Redskins, I’ll give you an interview. We ain’t talking about Redskins
right now.”

Q: “But the guy was on this team. That makes him a
Redskin.”

A: “What that got to do with me?”

Q: “Well, does it have anything to do with you?”

A: “I’m just saying to you bro, you come to me right
now, and I appreciate you coming to me the right way. I’m telling you
right now, I’m talking about football. You talk about football, anything
else out of that, no. You say, ‘Santana, I got something to talk to you
about,’ then if it’s about me, then I’ll talk to you about it.”

Q: “But here’s what I’m saying to you, Santana. You can
put it to bed right now if it’s not you.”

A: “What you want to do?”

Q: “I just want to ask …”

A: “I’m telling you, if you want to talk about
football, we can talk about football. I’m not going to answer none of
your questions about somebody else unless it’s pertaining to me. You
know what I’m saying? Other than that, it’s football.”

Q: “But what I’m saying, I want to make sure it doesn’t
have anything to do with you.”

A: “Until they say it has something to do with me,
then we can talk about it. See what I’m saying?”

85 responses to “Report: Santana Moss received hGH

1. I love when stupid people try and talk their way out of things.
    Morons are terrible liars and deceivers. Like saying you slipped on a McDonald’s bag.

2. “I’ll talk about football. I don’t know about nothing else. I ain’t got nothing to do with nothing that ain’t about me.”
    ________________________________
    My man!! Show that college edumacation!!

3. “….I ain’t got nothing to do with nothing that ain’t about me”
    Seriously… WHAT!?!?!?
    The literacy of these guys is astounding.

4. Quality Hurricane Education there… the NCAA and the fine teachers at that university should be proud.
    The “U” stands for Unedumacated >

5. TFBuckFutter says:
    May 20, 2010 11:43 AM
    I love when stupid people try and talk their way out of things.
    =====================
    Your name tells all we need to know about you…You looking to Futt Buck santana next, huh?

6. Well, Im convinced.
    Check and Mate Santana Moss.
    Or should I say, Draw 4 Wild, Skip and Uno?

7. So what, he took GH…..for 1 week? 2 weeks? That MAY help recovery, but not enhance performance…..you guys clueless about HGH need to take a few IUs………it is a non issue.

8. When reached for comment, agent Drew Rosenhaus responded, “yyeeeEEIIAAHHH!!”, and punched a hole through the wall.

9. This was a time to not talk. Just like Lawrence Taylor’s lawyer should have done two weeks ago.

10. Glad my Steelers could contribute to this little piece of Guinness Book of World Stupidity Records trivia:
    – Most wide receivers on one team whose last name begins with “SANT” who were suspended the first four games of the same season for drugs

11. @RugDaniels. LOL! Yes, and then he went on to outline his latest dissertation on Keats.
    ha ha ha ha. Santana Moss is clearly a moron.

12. “…like Rodney Harrison did in 2007”
    This is that standup guy that PFT was talking about a few hundred posts back a while ago. I guess since he did not lie about his usage (like the whipping boy Cushing) he is now okay.

13. So, Why didn’t he ask him a football related questions…..like “Santana does HGH make you run fast?”

14. Guilty. But I bet it wasn’t just him.
    I hope we get admissions from Orakpo and Landry soon and see a suspension for all of them…at least 4-6 games.

15. I can picture Santana breaking into a flop sweat as the questions began, then outright chain-smoking cigarettes by the time he was finished dodging them.
    He’s going to start showing up to practice using Portis’ old costumes hoping he won’t be recognized.
    Also wouldn’t be shocked if he came down with an ailment or a “pull”, so he could lay low, until this blows over. Only problem, this ain’t blowing over.

16. I guess he heard human GROWTH hormone and hoped it could make him taller. It has to be tough being a midget in the NFL.

17. wow…moss possbily taking HGH and producing as horribly as he did last year. so the number 1 receiver is soon to be suspended…I love it.
    This org is a joke. LMFAO!!!
    HOW BOUT THOSE COWBOYS!!!!

18. @ ItalianArmyGuy
    You are aware Moss plays for the ‘Skins and not the Jets, right?

19. LOL! That is true, Moss did prove HGH isnt a performance enhancing drug… He hasn’t had a good season in a few years! LMAO!!!!
    Enjoy your 2 – 14 season in 2010! DEADSKINS SUCK!!!!!!!!

20. Apparently, the use of HgH not only makes athletes heal faster and perform better but it also makes you semi-retarded.

21. He’s a Redskin, who I incessantly shill for, but jeeeeeezzzzzz he sounds guilty as heck to me……..

22. “I ain’t got nothing to do with nothing that ain’t about me.”
    Wow, a triple-negative. Does anybody realize how high the Degree of Difficulty assigned to that move is?
    That’s right up there with the Triple Lindy.

23. Along with every thing else that is the problem with this country today with reporters. To me most of the journalism today is a bunch of $hit.
    Along with there ego, they try and put words in places were they do not belong.
    So Santana visited the Dr who is a specialist in this field for athletes. So maybe he did get HGH so what, this was for a healing process.
    I guess it is alright if myself or anbody else get one.
    I for one have received these shots and I am not bulked up on just a couple of them. You have to be usin g them over a long period time to make
    to build your body.

24. # Phil Hernon says: May 20, 2010 11:48 AM
    Hey moron, it doesn’t come down to whether his performance was actually enhanced or not . . . HGH is on the NFL list of BANNED substances . . . which means that, unless he got a waiver, he wasn’t allowed to take it at all. So regardless of whether his performance on the field was enhanced by the consumption of HGH or not, he took a BANNED substance and is subject to disciplinary.
    Oh and by the way, isn’t taking HGH for a week or 2 and recovering more quickly, say missing 2 – 4 weeks recovering from an injury versus 6-8 weeks, and enhancement of performance? Isn’t having a starting receiver play in 4 games they otherwise would have missed, enhancing his performance – artificially by putting his bodies recovery on a trajectory that would not have naturally occurred?
    Wow, some people (Phil Hernon) are really clueless about the words enhanced performance.

25. It wouldn’t be a massive surprise to find out that Maese isn’t reporting anything new, just rehashing the original report with slightly different wording without thinking through the implications.
    One would have thought it might have had to pass the scrutiny of the Post’s legal department, but the piss-poor quality of the journalism on Redskins Insider makes me wonder otherwise.
    Everything suggests that Moss is one of his patients, but I simply don’t trust Maese enough to be sure that he received HGH from Galea, and that Maese is not just jumping ahead to a conclusion in the full knowledge that it will be almost impossible for Moss to prove him wrong even if he was entirely innocent.
    My suspicion is that Moss probably did take HGH, but he may not have been aware that he was. After all he went to the U. I can’t imagine it’s that hard to baffle him with a bit of science. “No, Santana, there is nothing illegal in here, they’re just really good vitamins. Why do my vitamin shots, seem to work better than anyone else’s? I’ve worked out the perfect combination though years of research. Trust me I am a doctor and I went to university where I actually had to study.”

26. I won my fantasy football championship at work last year. Margin of victory in the championship game was 7.3 points. Santana Moss gave me 9.2 points on the strength of 92 yards receiving vs Dallas in week 16.
    I’d better not get stripped of my fantasy football title.

27. How bout them cowboys has to be the gayest phrase in sports. Sounds like some broke back shid to me.
    And for all you jack arsses who talk about literacy, that term refers to a persons ability to read and write, not speak. Get your terms straight!!!! You can’t be ignorant and ridicule someone for being ignorant!!!!!
    And Santana please say it aint so. If you are gonna cheat at least put up some monster numbers….

28. I’m not sure, but I think that the triple negative “I ain’t got nothing to do with nothing” means he has a lot to do with something and that he really wishes he hadn’t gotten caught.

29. They should invent an enhancement drug that fixes people’s grammar… then he’d be commended for taking it. I think there should be a test – you can’t enter the league unless you have an IQ higher than Forrest Gump’s.
    Why do people that couldn’t beat any of us in a spelling contest get millions of dollars?

30. And to think of all the mileage they got from him in their quest for perfection. He was so instrumental in their 4 wins all of last year.

31. I’m not sure, but I think that the triple negative “I ain’t got nothing to do with nothing” means he has a lot to do with something and that he really wishes he hadn’t gotten caught.

32. Well I for one have collected enough information to deem this guy guilty. We dont need a court ruling to tell us the truth, all we need to do is read articles on profootballtalk and sports illustrated. Throw this guy out of the league and lock him up for life, it was terrible what he did to that girl in that bathroo…oh wait

33. DanRooney says: May 20, 2010 11:57 AM
    Guilty. But I bet it wasn’t just him.
    ——————————————————
    Are you going to have that attitude if the HGH bus makes a stop in Pittsburgh? Just asking.

34. How bout them cowboys has to be the gayest phrase in sports. Sounds like some broke back shid to me.
    HILARIOUS!!!!!!

35. Purported Canadian HGH Dr. Anthony Galea, 51, may actually be hotel greeter and part time actor Antonio Galaragas, a 28 year old Mexican living in the country illegaly.
    “It’s just crap I buy off the streets in Juarez when I go back “, Galaragas laughed about his notorious supplements. “But when I say I’m a doctor and that I’m 51 years old, they can’t pay enough for the stuff..”.

36. # Phil Hernon says: May 20, 2010 11:48 AM
    ————————
    Sounds kind of like a guy saying he only su****************ed another guy once…
    Pretty clear to me that kind of behavior crosses a line.
    When are the Steelers giving the Super Bowl back. 7 is tainted.

37. This story is based upon complete heresay. Trace it back and it’s always a third or fourth hand source. There is no confirmation and there won’t be any. The Feds don’t care.

38. I love how people are jumping on Moss and the Redskins because he’s the only one who has gotten caught, SO FAR. As this case unfolds, more names will come out and it WILL include star players from other teams.
    I wonder how many of you will be bashing the Redskins, when the fact that this is a league wide problem is finally unveiled and players from the team YOU cheer for are accussed of being one of this guys patients. It WILL happen.

39. My feeling is that Washington Post reporter Barry Svrluga just got his last interview from Moss and maybe the ‘Skins. It really annoys me that these low life reporters are always trying to get a scoop by weaseling an interview that doesn’t concern football. Clearly his purpose was not to talk football but ‘scandal’. Well, his interview for any other purpose failed. Hats off to Moss for stiffing the jerk.

40. Haters will be haters so now that it appears the my boy may be suspended a couple of games its time for the Skins to go sign TO….
    Oh yea don’t get quiet now!!! Moss may be suspended for possibly 2-4 games but when he comes back T.O. will be waiting on the other side to create a deadly set of WR’s..
    Moss
    T.O.
    Thomas
    Kelly
    then with our tight ends Cooley and Davis!!!

41. Gh definitly enhances performance. Maybe if you were a real athelte and not a roid junky, you would know this.
    A substance that can essentially remove the necessity for sleep, and gives you tons of energy and stamina, but doesnt help performace?

42. Add Redskin fans to the Titans and Charger fans who think there is nothing wrong with a player who uses steroids.
    Steeler fans: Defend a QB who walk around at partys with his johnson out and rapes drunken college girls.
    Patriot fans: Defend a team that cheats to win.
    Eagle and Falcon fans: Defend a QB who tortures and kills dogs.
    Raven fans: Defend a LB who covers up a person’s murder.
    Dallas fans: Defend a CB who has someone shot at a scrip club, WR who snorts cocaine.
    Saints fans: Defend a drug addicted coach who steals drugs from the team.
    Let me know if I left anyone out.
    All of you are pathetic.
    Skew

43. CdnMike says:
    May 20, 2010 11:45 AM
    “….I ain’t got nothing to do with nothing that ain’t about me”
    Seriously… WHAT!?!?!?
    The literacy of these guys is astounding.
    _____________________________
    Literacy? You realize literacy directly relates to the ability to read, don’t you? This is called grammar and articulation.

44. BHindEnemyLines says:
    May 20, 2010 12:25 PM
    “I ain’t got nothing to do with nothing that ain’t about me.”
    That’s right up there with the Triple Lindy.
    ______________________________
    Triple negative? Count again, that’s a quadruple negative… which is unheard of and something the Mr. Melon couldn’t fathom of beating on the diving board.
    Count ’em up: ain’t, nothing, nothing, ain’t . Quite an impressive feat which translated into actual English means “I do not have anything to do with something that does not exist about something that never happened that I had nothing to do with” but I suppose what he was really saying was, “I don’t have anything to do with something that doesn’t involve me”… In a weird way, the way Santana barfed it up actually makes more sense.

45. The Real Shuxion says:
    May 20, 2010 12:59 PM
    ———————————–
    Speaking of buses, how does it feel to be on the other side of it?

46. hey polo3….u r crackin me up. maybe u r on crack bro.
    I think we r all sick of the preseason 4skin hype and $$$ spent by this pathetic org to finish every yr in last place nfc east…4-12 bro. LMFAO.
    TO and MOSS are done and thomas/kelly are big time busts. No oline so mcnabb will be running for his life and we all know he will get injured at some pt. Bring on Grossman…LMFAO!! TE’s are nothing to write home about too. Backfield need walkers to make it through a season as old as they are.
    same old typical 4skin preseason hype and the end result for the 10th year in the row…Last place mther fers!!! LMFAO.

47. DanRooney says:
    May 20, 2010 11:57 AM
    Guilty. But I bet it wasn’t just him.
    ——————————–
    You’re a tool. The article said the visits were from 2007 to 2009 for one player. Pretty sure it wasn’t Orakpo in 2007 OR 2008.
    “You are nothing but a player hater.”

48. i really wish after you guys posted something you would go back and look at how stupid you sound (not to mention look at how grammatically incorrect your writing is)
    and some of you have the nerve to mock Moss’s lack of education

49. If Santana Moss is this bad while using HGH, I can’t imagine how terrible he is without it. Just let him use it, he needs it to be an average player.

50. Lets list guys that are almost certainly using HGH
    1. Vernon Davis
    2. Brain Orakpo
    3. Brian Cushing
    4. Clay Matthews
    5. Brian Urlacher
    6. Ray Lewis
    7. Patrick Willis
    8. Brett Favre
    9. James Harrison
    10. Jon Jansen (just kidding)
    Dirtiest teams are the Saints, Chargers, and the Steelers in my opinon.

51. boysroll, do you have any azz left, since you are always laughing it off. You are the corniest cornball on this site!

52. Hey boysroll…Guess what?? your cracking me up even more.. See what kills me is people like you that have no idea of whats going on within my organization and only what the media tells ya..
    So yes I”ll give you credit, we have for the last too many off-seasons spent waaay too much money on over-hyped/over the hill players and only to walk away with our heads tucked at the end of each season.. But guess what kid?? Vinny Cerratto and Jim Zorn are gone and Snyder has finally took a step back to let the real football geniuses run this organization..
    Thats right in case you haven’t heardBruce Allen and Mike Shanahan are now running this organization and their running a tight well disciplined ship that we haven’t seem for a looong time.
    Oh yea and by the way we have a new QB in case you haven’t heard of him his name is Donovan McNabb, you know the guy that wore number “5” for the last 11 seasons with the Eagles.. As far as our O-Line well what the media hasn’t told you is that our O-line is looking real nice these days plus we have depth. Oh and in regards to T.O. well he’s not on our team but he’s better than any of Dallass receivers including Mr Ed (Mouth Austin), Dez will end up being a bust.
    Thomas and Kelly will both shine this year because they have a QB that will get them the ball. In regards to our RB’s that need walkers, well we shall see on 9/12 won’t we!!! and I will be at the game as Tony Homo and Roy what a joke Williams bring their homoness to DC..
    Redskins will be back on top of the division this year kid… Believe it! and its going to start off with a good ole ass whooping against the Girls on 9/12 8:20pm be there baby!!!

53. @IAG…Like you should be commenting to story about steroids…Your Steelers were built on STEROIDS…CHEATERS!!…notice how we never hear Terry Bradshaw commenting about steroids.

54. Brasho, I stand corrected.
    Wow, a quadruple negative. Never though that was possible.
    And Polo3:
    “Now ask yourselves (boys roll) (should be girls fall over) and (mama tried) (WTF kinda name is that).. Do you really want to see Mcnabb and that set of receivers!!! Hell to the Naw, but get ready cause its going down….”
    Since McNabb is 3-7 in his last 10 starts against The Cowboys when he had better WR, TE’s, RB’s, and OLM in Philly, what makes you think he’s going to do better with a weaker supporting cast?
    Dallas SWEPT Philly and Wash with a combined record of 5-0 last year. Please tell me how it is going to be any different this year.
    If Dallas playe Washington 16 times this year they’d finish with a record at worst of 12-4.
    Enjoy your 8-8 record this year, at best.

55. First of all..he wasn’t caught doing anything so there’s no need for a suspension. If they test him and he tests positive then of course…suspend em’. In the meantime…..Hail you effin’ haters!!

56. I love loser 4skin fans like polo3 that talk all this trash but can never back it up bro…4-12…shut your fing pie hole pal or I will take my 6-6 275lb body and knock you a out.
    secondly, how about competing for the nfc east division for once and maybe you will have a chance to win a playoff game you fing loser.
    I love 4skin fan..talk all this trash and hype just to finish last again for the 15th yr in a row..when was the last time your pathetic org won the nfc east or for that matter competed? Joke mther fer!!!

57. BhindEnemyLines..
    Umm remember we are not Philly!! Ya’ll beat us 7-0 last year IN DALLAS with out weak team and beat us in DC I think 17-0 with all our starters on the sidelines..
    LOL if you seriously think ya’ll will beat us this year..
    Hail!!

58. smiley says:
    May 20, 2010 4:00 PM
    “First of all..he wasn’t caught doing anything so there’s no need for a suspension. If they test him and he tests positive then of course…suspend em’. In the meantime…..Hail you effin’ haters!!”
    —————————————————————————–
    There is currently no HGH test in the NFL.
    In the meantine…..Hail you effin’ idiots!!

59. hineswardcriesafterfumbling says: May 20, 2010 12:11 PM
    @ ItalianArmyGuy
    You are aware Moss plays for the ‘Skins and not the Jets, right?
    ======================
    Well I got that one wrong for sure – sucks for the Guinness Book, I guess….
    Would have been awesome though!

60. @ all the Skins haters probably not even from or been to Dallas.
    Twice the Skins and Cowboys have played in N.F.C. Champoionships where obviously the Super Bowl was on the line. The Redskins won both. Since 1997 the Redskins have won only 2 playoff games ( Trust me im not proud) your Boys have won How many?? 1??? So as a Skins fan I have 1 question HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!!

61. Okay, Polo3,
    I know you’re not philly, they were 11-5, you were 4-12.
    I’m still waiting on a logical reason why you think the skins will beat Dallas. And I don’t mean “Because I’m a skins fan and I said so.”
    Your logic appears to be “Now that we have McNabb, we’re unstoppable”.
    My counter was Dallas beat McNabb with a better team, as was evident by the fact that Philly finished 11-5 and made it to the playoffs and Washington watched from home with their 4-12 record.
    So again, where is the logic in your arguement? Your offensive line is suspect, McNabb, Portis, and the other RB’s are past their prime, you’ve obviously go issues at WR if you’re thinking about bringing T.O. (who I loved as a Cowboy, but lets face it, he isn’t the same player he was 2 years ago), and there are other issues.
    Please show me logic other than “You beat us twice last year, now it’s our turn”.
    And buy the way, I live in MD so I get all same reporting around town you do. Even the experts around here aren’t drinking the kool aid, so you’d better stop.
    See you at FedEx 9/12. I’ll be one of the happy Cowboy fans at the end of the game; you’ll be one of the skins fans making more excuse as to why you lost to Dallas again this time.

62. “Vinny Cerratto and Jim Zorn are gone and Snyder has finally took a step back to let the real football geniuses run this organization..”
    11th year in a row.
    “Oh yea and by the way we have a new QB in case you haven’t heard of him his name is Donovan McNabb, you know the guy that wore number “5” for the last 11 seasons with the Eagles”
    And?
    “.. As far as our O-Line well what the media hasn’t told you is that our O-line is looking real nice these days”
    Of course. It’s May.
    “Granted we did go 4-12 last season, I’ll take that however for the Cowgirls to represent the NFC East the way they did against MN was very embarassing anyway you look at it!!! Just pure pathetic!!!!!”
    Could have been worse. Could have lost to the Lions. Or Falcons. Or every NFCE team they played. Talk about representing, sheesh.

63. POLO3 IS YOUR TYPICAL DUMB ASS 4SKIN FAN…NO LOGIC BUT ALOT OF STUPID RETARDED FACTLESS COMMENTS….HOW BOUT WINNING AN NFC EAST GAME FOR ONCE LOSERS…LMFAO.

64. D-Rock, nice how you choose the only convenient stats the skins have over The Cowboys.
    And just so you know, that last playoff win over Dallas was IN 1983.
    Take a look at the ENTIRE picture.
    Dallas 59-39- 2 All Time record.
    Dallas has 20 Division Titles, Wash has 13.
    Dallas 5 SB’s to 3.
    Or we can take a look at each decade head to head:
    60’s – Dallas wins 10-7-2
    70’s – Dallas wins 12-3
    80’s – Dallas wins 11-9
    90’s – Dallas wins 12-8
    00’s – Dallas wins 14-6
    Even though we beat you more in the 80’s I’ll have to give you that one because you won most of your SB’s then. But since then Dallas has owned the skins.
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Hate all you want because the hate comes from jealousy knowing that since they have come into the league, The Dallas Cowboys have been a better team that the skins.
    So yeah….
    HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!

65. Gotta Love all the Foreskins fans talking smack about Cowboys….Your best receiver was busted and will be suspended for talking a substance banned by NFL and they don’t even have a test for it. What are the odds? What’s Up Beyotches?
    Regards,
    Daniel Synder

66. Can anyone guess who I am. duh duh duh, nonsense, LMAO, blah blah blah, LMFAO, blah blah, nonsense, lol,lol, nonsense nonsence, LMFAO, lol, LOL, LMAO, Boysroll, dude, I hope for your sake you are a 14 year old girl, or a certified crazy person, because my daughter talks like that, and noone laughs that much unless they are sick in the head. Please tell us.

67. Respect to the Cowboy fan who gave us the facts on Dallas’s record over my Redskins, today I want the world to know that starting opening day that this will mark the beginning of the turning of the tide !!! Let the record show that I declared this aforetime !!!