Zach Thomas will miss hearing Jets fans insult his sister

When Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor were teammates on the Miami Dolphins, Taylor married Thomas’s sister, Katina. When the Dolphins went on the road, fans of the opposing team would hurl insults at both players over their status as brothers-in-law and about Katina.

Now Thomas is retired and Taylor is with the New York Jets, and as he reminisces on his career, Thomas says he’s actually going to miss those insults about his sister, insults that were often thrown around by the same Jets fans who will cheer Taylor this year.

“Now that you’re talking about the Jets – you know what? I heard every little thing pre-game about my sister and Jason,” Thomas said on 790 the Ticket in Miami, via Sports Radio Interviews. “Every year. I mean they got so nasty. It was kind of funny now that I look back at it. They went at me hard and they even went at Jason saying my sister looks like me with long hair, things like that. They went hard, but those are the things I really miss. The pre-game warmups on the road. They think they’re helping the team out telling you these things, it only motivates you. It was awesome.”

It was so awesome, in fact, that Thomas encourages Dolphins fans to act the same way.

“Even though I hate them, they’re passionate fans, but I feel like our fans are even more passionate,” Thomas said. “And hopefully they do the same thing to all these Jets players when they’re warming up on the sideline.”

Permalink 42 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
42 Responses to “Zach Thomas will miss hearing Jets fans insult his sister”
  1. Outburst78 says: May 21, 2010 2:46 PM

So… now he wants Dolphin fans to insult his sister?

2. WarrenMoonGOAT says: May 21, 2010 2:46 PM

dammit, now i gotta google his sister to see what she looks like

3. zappa says: May 21, 2010 2:46 PM

Role Model!

4. HellRelle24 says: May 21, 2010 2:47 PM

STOP CRYING YOU BABY AND RETIRE.

5. Outfoxed says: May 21, 2010 2:48 PM

Need we say more——Jet fans are the ant dung of the NFL.
    Knuckle dragging, inebriated morons that lower the average fan IQ by 90 points when they attend a Miami home game against them.

6. SomeGuyInIowa says: May 21, 2010 2:49 PM

I wish JT was like Zach Thomas–Patriots were going after Thomas hard before he eventually went to the Cowboys because Zach just couldn’t sign to a hated rival. I know JT is forever a Miami Dolphin, but of all teams…lol

7. farvegnugen says: May 21, 2010 2:57 PM

He feels like fans in Miami are “even more passionate” than New York fans….? I think someone has had maybe one concussion too many.

8. NFLWallpaperZone says: May 21, 2010 3:02 PM

Katina Thomas Taylor is flippin HOT.
    Does that make me gay?

9. texasPHINSfan says: May 21, 2010 3:03 PM

candid grittiness.
    love it.

10. ericthred says: May 21, 2010 3:03 PM

here’s another example of that classy Jets fan base we all hear about.

11. Dave says: May 21, 2010 3:07 PM

“insults that were often thrown around by the same Jets fans who will cheer Taylor this year.”
    Trust me, no Jets fans will be cheering Taylor this year. We didn’t even want him.

12. FranKtheTanK says: May 21, 2010 3:08 PM

I miss Zach….. that dude was a machine… true warrior ! If Ray and/or Urlacher get in the HOF and Zach doesn’t…. look out.

13. kristoff says: May 21, 2010 3:10 PM

he was just making a sublte jab at the jets fans 4 being assholes,but hey i think we all knew that about NY fans anyways.

14. robert ethen says: May 21, 2010 3:15 PM

Zach misses it so much he takes his sister or his wife walking in Lower Manhatten every once in awhile, dressed only in a Dolphins jersey. Just to hear the crowd again.

15. BigMikeSkinsFan says: May 21, 2010 3:21 PM

good on you for realizing the special things about fans of the NFL. you are the man..

16. irishsamurai says: May 21, 2010 3:25 PM

FranKtheTanK says:
    May 21, 2010 3:08 PM
    ————–
    as you can clearly read in this post,the words about dolphin fans being more passionate than jets fan were wrong the word he should have used was disillusioned,fins fans please stop trying to compare zach thomas and ray lewis,thomas could hold ray lewis’ jock,now i know every LB in the league have thier pile jumping moments,but thomas’ whole career was made of only being able to jump on piles,but that statement just shows your ignorance,and another thinghow would any dolphin fan knnow what the players do,when was the last time there ws more than 20,000 fans there to see it

17. go big green says: May 21, 2010 3:26 PM

i don’t go to football games to sit cross legged and sip some god dang tea. if you don’t like us, stay out of the swamp baby! enjoy our ride back to the AFC championship game.

18. Mean D says: May 21, 2010 3:30 PM

As far as stupid and obnoxious NO ONE tops Giant fans.

19. mrzazz41387 says: May 21, 2010 3:31 PM

20. BigMikeSkinsFan says: May 21, 2010 3:39 PM

irishsamurai -
    youre right, he is no ray lewis. zach didnt help kill anyone in atlanta. and that pile jumping comment is nonsense in itself; the guy has more then his fair share of highlights.

21. 305phinphan says: May 21, 2010 3:43 PM

Sorry Zach but I will never lower my standards and become ignorant trash like majority of Jet fans are.

22. jerseykingpin says: May 21, 2010 3:45 PM

Now this is football news . With all this info it will help out with my betting this year . OMG lets hear about if he takes a shit before the game or not. Thats better news then this

23. Cowboys915 says: May 21, 2010 3:47 PM

LMAO at sayin his sis looks like Zach Thomas with Long Hair
    anyone got a pic?

24. footballpoem says: May 21, 2010 3:51 PM

babe.

25. The Real Shuxion says: May 21, 2010 3:52 PM

# Mean D says: May 21, 2010 3:30 PM
    As far as stupid and obnoxious NO ONE tops Giant fans.
    ——————————————————
    Steeler fans would argue that one.

26. bakler5 says: May 21, 2010 3:54 PM

Haha awesome. First time I have heard of a player saying he hates opposing fans.
    Zach Thomas just moved up a notch on my list. That is how you treat our rivals. Take note Mr. Fav-ruh

27. blackglass says: May 21, 2010 4:08 PM

New Jersey Jets fans are the worst people on Earth. I would call them human, but they are actually a step below.

28. Flying elvis says: May 21, 2010 4:09 PM

He says that it only motivates the player who is hearing the insults and then he say he want the Dolphin fans to do it to the Jets players. So he want the Dolphin fans to motivate the Jets players. This is why he never became a Patriot.

29. jerseykingpin says: May 21, 2010 4:16 PM

The Real Shuxion says:
    May 21, 2010 3:52 PM
    # Mean D says: May 21, 2010 3:30 PM
    As far as stupid
    ———————————-
    That would be Ben Gals fans

30. ampats says: May 21, 2010 4:25 PM

Dave says,
    Trust me no jets fan will be cheering Taylor. We didn’t want him.
    Neither did 31 other teams including the Dolphins who he would have played for at minimum wage.
    Except the Newark Jets

31. Bdrunk says: May 21, 2010 4:28 PM

The Real Shuxion says:
    May 21, 2010 3:52 PM
    # Mean D says: May 21, 2010 3:30 PM
    “As far as stupid and obnoxious NO ONE tops Giant fans.”
    ————————–
    “Steeler fans would argue that one.”
    ————————–
    *Steeler fan alert*
    I will argue that one…Giants fans are effing polite when compared to Browns fans.

32. recent says: May 21, 2010 4:31 PM

I bet Google analysts are wondering why searches for ‘Katina Taylor’ just spiked all of a sudden. And she certainly doesn’t look like Zach Thomas with long hair.

33. mrzazz41387 says: May 21, 2010 4:51 PM

If Taylor can perform as well as he did last year, or better, you better believe I will be cheering.

34. bill s says: May 21, 2010 4:55 PM

The bottom line is the north east fans are loud, rude and crude, and I have a lot of friends who live up there in the waste land and they agree with me, and wish that they could retire and move to Virginia, they stop going to Florida for the same reason we move up to Virginia, and since they are out number they try to be good as hard as that is.Send us an e-mail when you are freezing your butt off in Jan. Bill

35. minhw0714 says: May 21, 2010 5:20 PM

I saw a pic of Taylor and Zach’s sister 10 years ago when they were still married and the first thing I thought was she looks like Zach with long hair.
    She even has the same square jaw and Vince McMahon cleft chin.
    Now I don’t feel bad anymore.

36. BobL242 says: May 21, 2010 6:00 PM

Zach Thomas sister

37. Defx says: May 21, 2010 6:05 PM

mrzazz41387 says: “The only difference about Jets fans and everyone elses fans, is that we get more press, so of course everyone is going to hate us. It’s not our fault every other fan base is as boring as CSPAN.”
    ————————————————
    You don’t get more press than Philly fans. A Philly fan could take a leak on a tree outside their stadium and it would be headline news.

38. SKINSFANTOM says: May 21, 2010 6:12 PM

thomas OVERATED,SLOW

39. THESMEL says: May 21, 2010 6:48 PM

Sportsmanship is dead. It’s sad but true. Joey porter and Darnell Dockett will take over the AZ airwaves while the good guys get ignored. If you want rerspect give respect it will come back 10 fold. If you want resentment give resentment it will come back 10 fold also. The jets fans deserve to be miserable in their ugly little piece of the globe, they earn that.

40. J.C. says: May 21, 2010 7:38 PM

The Jets get to see Brady twice, Henne twice, Flacco, Palmer, Roethlisberger, Schaub, Rodgers, Favre (more than likely) and Cutler.
    That fat clown is gonna need to earn his pay in 2010.
    He ain’t gonna back in the playoffs this year.

41. TheDPR says: May 21, 2010 9:13 PM

42. texasPHINSfan says: May 22, 2010 4:46 AM

“# TheDPR says: May 21, 2010 9:13 PM
    I don’t expect Jason Taylor to get a lot of cheers from Jets fans this year. He’s a has-been with a nearly empty tank.”
    ———————————————–
    in 2009 Jason Taylor had 7 sacks, 1 interception, 3 forced fumbles, and a defensive touchdown – and that was on rotational spot-duty. That’s a has-been?
    What is Vernon Gholston?