Michael Vick understands lack of interest in him

In a wide-ranging interview on Monday, Eagles quarterback Michael Vick said he understood why teams around the league didn’t try to trade for him this offseason.

“Actually, I understood,” Vick said. “Because
I’d been out of football. I didn’t play behind a center for three years.
I know how good I am. The [Eagles] coaches know how good I am. I know I
could have landed some place, but it wasn’t meant to be.”

The Eagles coaches may know how good Vick is and they won’t let him compete for a starting job.  Would Vick be on the team if anyone else wanted him?

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer slipped a surprising line into his interview.

“There is the perception out there that Vick has to show the Eagles
coaches that he comprehends coach Andy Reid’s version of the west coast offense for the 29-year-old to remain
on the team,” McLane writes.

That perception is news to us.  We think the Eagles are crazy to pay Vick $5.25 million to be their backup, but they have already given him a $1.5 million roster bonus. We haven’t heard much to indicate Vick could get cut. Vick thinks his play will speak for itself.

So I guess somebody missed out this time around. But I guess I’ll make
it work here and they’ll see.”

Permalink 100 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
100 Responses to “Michael Vick understands lack of interest in him”
  1. BayouWarrior says: May 24, 2010 3:21 PM

The Mike Vick Experiance is now CLOSED, Dude is a washed up has been

2. Drat says: May 24, 2010 3:21 PM

Vick is dog meat.

3. azlionsfan says: May 24, 2010 3:23 PM

I wish the Lions would sign Vick. Not for him to play but so Pam Anderson would start showing up at games again in tight t-shirts.
    Ever since Kid stopped tappin that a@@ were stuck seeing nasty biker skanks at FF.
    Still holding my breath for cheerleaders too. WTF WCF? Just cuz you have old balls doesn’t mean the rest of Detroit can’t get it up.

4. MasterShake says: May 24, 2010 3:28 PM

Has anyone told him that it’s not that’s he’s been away from center for a while but the reason behind it? I have more faith in Jamarcus than this dildo.

5. RED GRANGE says: May 24, 2010 3:29 PM

Let the Klan meeting start. The dog jokes and the racist jokes. 3…2….1…..

6. Rasta says: May 24, 2010 3:30 PM

Oh HELL! Mike (Ron Mexico) be ever so humble no one believes that crap.

7. BlitzburghGator says: May 24, 2010 3:30 PM

Actually, this just shows that Vick still doesnt get it..
    Yeah, sure he sucks as a QB…but so do half the starters in the league. No Michael, most teams arent interested because they dont want to deal with the public relations mess that you bring with you.
    Yeah, I’m sure he’ll have a great year with his head firmly implanted up his ass like that.

8. Dixon29 says: May 24, 2010 3:31 PM

Amazing how far Vick has come. I hope he continues to take advantage of his second chance.

9. ChillyP says: May 24, 2010 3:31 PM

Vick also has a great arm. The strength he displayed when he slammed those dogs into the pavement not only killed them, but did it instantly. He can still play and he’s a great good nature person.

10. 420fan says: May 24, 2010 3:32 PM

those dogs are getting faster and faster mike, you gotta get faster if your gonna catch them….

11. The Wishbone says: May 24, 2010 3:32 PM

“I’m faster than I’ve ever been before,” Vick said.
    He must be more delusional than Brett Favre.

12. Occam says: May 24, 2010 3:32 PM

It would make for really interesting reading if someone would call him a scumbag and mention that he was involved in dog fighting.

13. Ilovefoolsball says: May 24, 2010 3:32 PM

Keep trying Mike, keep tryin.

14. Mean D says: May 24, 2010 3:34 PM

He is yesterday’s news.

15. Bwa Ha Ha says: May 24, 2010 3:36 PM

Hey, the Eagles are keeping him, in spite of that big salary. They have no reason to do that unless they know something we don’t know.

16. DeVoodoo says: May 24, 2010 3:37 PM

“I’m faster than I’ve ever been before.”
    When has anyone said that and been accurate?

17. Florio-is-a-tool says: May 24, 2010 3:39 PM

With Vick it’s all talk until he actually proves something. He’s faster? Then let’s see him run a 40. But it’s the stuff between the ears that’s always been his sword of Damocles.

18. BigBear123 says: May 24, 2010 3:42 PM

“I’m faster than I’ve ever been before,” Vick said.  “I’m quicker, light on my feet. So I guess somebody missed out this time around.”
    ————–
    Hear you have to be fast in jail to escape making new friends.
    Unlike jail though no one is missing out on Mikey’s goods if he is not caught.

19. Big Stretch says: May 24, 2010 3:42 PM

Vick is amazing. He was given a franchise during his years in ATL, and yet still proved to be an average at best QB. Now after 2 years in jail and another holding a clip board he wants people to believe he is faster and better than he ever has been?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

20. BigMikeSkinsFan says: May 24, 2010 3:43 PM

Vick you are once again full of yourself. You are a horrible QB, you have a cannon for an arm but arent accurate AT ALL.
    faster than before? Sure, thats what happens with age. You actually get better and faster and keep getting sharper.
    Face it clown, you were barely a 50% completion QB in college and you arent being looked at seriously because you arent a good QB and you are a dog murdering ass.

21. straverse says: May 24, 2010 3:46 PM

I love how you left out 4 words from McLane to make it sound like he could be cut, when in fact he is not implying that at all. The full quote-
    “There is the perception out there that Vick has to show the Eagles coaches that he comprehends coach Andy Reid’s version of the west coast offense for the 29-year-old to remain on the team OR PERHAPS BE TRADED.”

22. Hauschild says: May 24, 2010 3:46 PM

It’s always sad when a has-been can’t come to grips with this fact.
    Some idiot will pay him a few million – one last time – to prove what we already know, but Mikey needs to bank whatever he’s making now and will in the next year or so and understand he needs to make other plans.

23. poiuyt says: May 24, 2010 3:48 PM

Maybe there’s a lack of interest in him because he’s a psychopath.

24. Tyler says: May 24, 2010 3:50 PM

Vick is a terrible QB, that’s why no one wants him.

25. Calir says: May 24, 2010 3:51 PM

I’m just not sure this guy get’s it yet. Few occupations give 1.5 million dollar roster bonus’s to convicted felons. The NFL allows him to believe he lives in a fantasy world.

26. beer_beer_beer_beer says: May 24, 2010 3:51 PM

not enough American Needle case info in this post, Gregg , wtf

27. dlmcc0909 says: May 24, 2010 3:58 PM

If he was allowed to toss a dog down the field instead of a football, we would have a future HOF’er amongst us. In all seriousness, players dont get faster at 30 years old. Sorry Mike

28. TheRedBengal says: May 24, 2010 4:00 PM

Actually, the reason the lack of interest is because you aren’t a good quarterback. Period.

29. vanhelsing says: May 24, 2010 4:01 PM

Michael Vick doesn’t understand Florio’s excessive interest in him

30. CleanSlaton says: May 24, 2010 4:06 PM

I guess teams don’t want such a high profile convicted felon. Not even the Cowboys or the Bengals……go figure.

31. Skinsfan23 says: May 24, 2010 4:09 PM

I mean before the Redskins got McNabb I would have taken Vick on my team in a heartbeat…how come he was the only player to create any offense in that playoff game against Dallas…the guy came out of jail and no one looked at the guy after he was in multiple pro bowls and carried a franchise by HIMSELF! making 100s and millions of dollars…I could almost gauruntee that if Vick played as a starter the full season in Philadelphia they would be in the playoffs. They are paying the man for a reason they dont want him to go anywhere. if Kolb chokes(highly likely) still cannot believe the eagles traded away such a class act in donovan that all he did was win…Vick will come in and dominate this league like he was still in his prime…he has low mileage on his tires… I wouldnt doubt hes faster once the most athletic player in the league… look at Darell Green at the age of 50 his 40 time was ridiculous. you are all Vick haters and dont really understand that there was not one postivite post on this whole article.

32. Pantherfan10 says: May 24, 2010 4:11 PM

How come all his excuses involve his abilitys or lack their of. Yet he forgets to mention that he was incarcerated for a decent ammount of time and no one wants to put big money on a player that if he gets in trouble at all he could be out of the NFL forever

33. Rasta says: May 24, 2010 4:11 PM

Why don’t some of us tell how we actually feel about Mike Vick don’t hold back now.

34. famucancer says: May 24, 2010 4:13 PM

Here come the AWMs!! LOL All red and mad!

35. metaldeth says: May 24, 2010 4:20 PM

Maybe nobody wants him because he’s a dog killer, a bad QB and delusional

36. Y2Cale says: May 24, 2010 4:21 PM

I don’t get the connection with him and dogs. Did he run a pit bull fighting ring out of one of his houses and do jail time for it? If so, he should have named it Bad Newz Kennels. I’ve always loved that name.

37. ItalianArnyGuy says: May 24, 2010 4:23 PM

Pam Anderson is a nasty skank.

38. Pack_Attack says: May 24, 2010 4:24 PM

# BayouWarrior says: May 24, 2010 3:21 PM
    The Mike Vick Experiance is now CLOSED, Dude is a washed up has been
    ________________
    Brett Favre is a ‘has-been’ : Mike Vick is a ‘never-was’.

39. kingart27 says: May 24, 2010 4:27 PM

Hey Red Grange:
    there is absolutely no call for that at all. i didnt see one post that said anything about the guy being black. yes there were dog jokes that are pretty tasteless but this has nothing to do with color. if a white,black,brown or blue guy killed a bunch of dogs in cruel and evil ways then most people like myself who have and love dogs and other animals will despise the person. especially when that person to date has shown nothing close to remorse for anything other than getting caught.

40. Bears2010 says: May 24, 2010 4:35 PM

What does dogfighting have to do with FOOTBALL and the ability to play the game. Philly would rather pay him 5.25 million dollars to sit the bench. All this over dogs , Trade him , release him an we will see if he still has it. Cuz all that i remember is a PRO BOWLER and a FRANCHISE SAVER.
    P.S. Free Mike Vick t- shirts 10$

41. redsquare says: May 24, 2010 4:45 PM

The NFL is a practical place, on the whole. If any NFL team thought that Vick was good enough to play for them, they would have taken him in the offseason.
    But they didn’t. Not a single one. Not even the Bills or 49ers.
    And his current team has chosen a relatively untested, younger backup QB as their starter. After seeing Vick up close and personal for a year.
    It looks like the Eagles hoped to groom Vick for a trade, but it didn’t work out. So they must figure he’s worth another year as an emergency policy if Kolb gets injured, and for his occasional stunt use here and there, as they did last year.
    But once Kolb settles in, Vick becomes a very expensive luxury item, far too expensive for a past-his-prime backup. By the end of this season, he’ll effectively have been out of football for 4 years, past his physical peak, all without any indication to anyone that he can do what he used to do. And still widely disliked. And competing with probably another good batch of college QBs in the next draft.
    Vick is done. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

42. SugeWhite says: May 24, 2010 4:47 PM

Really?
    …..Really?
    Get over all of the dog fighting, and lets just wait and see how he performs.
    Mark it down, he will have an impact this year.
    Hell, he’d start for half the teams in the league if wasn’t a P.R. problem.

43. BigMikeSkinsFan says: May 24, 2010 5:00 PM

skinsfan23..comparing darrell green to michael vick is retarded. you should have your fan card snatched up. one was a professional who exceled at his position and the other was michael vick.

44. Belichick Is God says: May 24, 2010 5:09 PM

SugeWhite: Dude, PRis no problem. Philly thought it would be a probelm, but it wasn’t all year.
    The problem is that Mike Vick is not an accurate throwing QB, and nobody wants to revamp their entire offense for a run-first QB that’s not exactly young anymore.
    He’s not a PR problem, he is a lackof relevant talent problem. Now if he wants to become a slot receiver and seriously dediate himself to that, somebody might give him a look, at a low price.

45. Wukong says: May 24, 2010 5:12 PM

Bears2010,
    What you and other simpletons fail to realize is that actions carry over. Life isn’t compartmentalized. Vick is damaged goods. He served time in prison for what basically amounts to sociopathic behavior. The fact that some people seem to A) not understand this and B) not understand why people don’t want him because of that is mind bogggling to me. How can someone be so dumb as to not the see the blatantly obvious?
    In this case, there’s not really any upside. His only real asset was ever his speed, and regardless of what he’s saying, you DON’T get faster the older you get. He lacks the intelligence and skills to succeed as a pocket passer, and as has been proven time and again passing the ball is important. He’s not going to when Championships by running with diminsihing skills.
    So, to add that up, you’ve got a convicted fellon who has engaged in destructive and sociopathic behavior and was a total one trick pony when he was a starter. Why is someone going to take a gamble on that?

46. NFreakinL says: May 24, 2010 5:26 PM

Skinsfan23
    Why will Kolb “choke”!?
    Really, I hope he “chokes” like he did in the 2 games he started, over 300 yards, a couple TDs.
    Good one.

47. Mooch says: May 24, 2010 5:41 PM

“I’m faster than I’ve ever been before,” Vick said. “I’m quicker, light on my feet.”
    Cool. Too bad he still can’t throw.

48. steely devil hab says: May 24, 2010 5:57 PM

Y2Cale says:
    May 24, 2010 4:21 PM
    —————————–
    Stop it…I can’t breathe…hahahahaha

49. realitypolice says: May 24, 2010 5:58 PM

==============
    Well, if that’s true, you should win the rushing title…….errrrr…….catch alot of passes………errrrr………gets lots of int’s………..errrrr……..have lots of return yards……….errrrrrrrrr……….oh, wait, you’re a QB? Done anything to improve those horrible passing stats? No? Um…..guess we’ll have to pass. Nothing personal.

50. redsquare says: May 24, 2010 6:17 PM

@SugeWhite -
    “All of you morons out there who do not think Michael Vick is not a valuable weapon on a team has NO clue about the state of the QB in the NFL. ”
    I’m not sure you realize what you just said there. You might want to re-read it.
    Your comments sound like they’re from a year ago. He’s been back in the league for a year, and no other teams care. His “impact” can be summed up by his performance in their last game against the Cowboys – a flashy play that made you think he was going to do some damage, cancelled out by a stupid play which set the whole team back.
    In fact that sums up his entire career pretty well.

51. GaryClark says: May 24, 2010 6:37 PM

do you really understand Mike?

52. lurch's nyquil says: May 24, 2010 6:46 PM

NO COMMENT FROM BLONDEBLUEDEVIL?, I GUESS HE FINALLY UNDERSTANDS.

53. GoBrowns19 says: May 24, 2010 6:58 PM

Who’s Michael Vick?

54. vanhelsing says: May 24, 2010 7:11 PM

of course there was no outcry. anyone who looked like they would protest (no signs allowed) wasnt allowed in the stadium.
    typical leftist speech control.
    and of course, he was so great he got a lot of snaps. whoops, guess not…
    he isnt accurate, or durable. cant read defenses. wont prepare. is slower than he was 4+ years ago.
    he is just a guy these days … who also used to kill dogs.
    where could he start? he isnt penciled in as #1 in philly, that should say it all.
    what about atlanta… blank that out.
    detroit or st. louis – no, they have QBs of the future. ditto for tampa and carolina. miami and even buffalo. jets and chiefs as well.
    besides, who wants him in that situation – can you say “divide the locker room”, kiddies?
    arizona? he cant run that offense and whiz wouldnt pick up that sleazeball.
    cleveland? they have cribbs and dont need a vick.
    all other locations… they seem to be coming together nicely at qb.
    philly would best be suited to wait till training camp and see what trade oppos open up.
    or just cut him before any other bonus is due.

55. jimicos says: May 24, 2010 7:15 PM

famucancer says:
    May 24, 2010 4:13 PM
    Here come the AWMs!! LOL All red and mad!
    ————————
    That was predictable. And worthless.

56. wild_eagle says: May 24, 2010 7:17 PM

Whenever I see Vick I think of that “dead puppies aren’t much fun” song by Weird al

57. jamaltimore says: May 24, 2010 7:34 PM

Seriously Mike Vick vs. Kevin Kolb? Vick’s right to shut his mouth and be humble knowing that Kolb is not the savior in philly and he’ll probably get a decent chance to show what he can do. Not saying he’ll return to the playmaker he was, MV7 was a NFL highlight reel his first several years in the league and carried a crappy franchise to the NFC TITLE game I believe? Not sure he’s washed up yet but when KEVIN KOLB is your new starter he’s right to feel like maybe everything works out for the best.

58. Mooch says: May 24, 2010 7:43 PM

Van Helsing…
    There were protests every week, nobody cared.
    And, like Ed Snider, the Eagles owner Jeff Lurie is a big Republican.

59. Rick says: May 24, 2010 8:03 PM

He didn’t carry the falcons to the title game. They had an amazing running attack(which he was a huge part of) but he was a below avaerage passer. In that NFC title game The Eagles’ defense held Michael Vick to a combined total of 162 yards, sacking him four times

60. RayDaMayor says: May 24, 2010 8:23 PM

I wonder if he’s fast enough to outrun an angry pack of pissed off dogs?

61. spliffbunker says: May 24, 2010 9:50 PM

he’s just paying the price of being a coach killer

62. rlw7805 says: May 24, 2010 11:55 PM

People are NOT interested in Vick? Maybe sports people, but not me! I’m interested in why he’d even try to go back to football, who seriously gave the man a reality show, and why the hell is he out of jail already!! He should just stay home and play online poker for a living for his own safety. There are handmade shanks outside of prison too!

63. weezilgirl says: May 25, 2010 1:35 AM

Michael Vick doesn’t understand anything that is close to the bone. His eyes are as cold as a cobra’s and his lack of remorse is scary.
    Why would any self-respecting NFL team want him? The baggage that he has would fill Grand Central Station.
    Piece of **** and tomorrow I’ll tell you how I really feel about him. I work undercover finding dog fights (and I see up close and personal what the SOB was enjoying) and I would like to throw him into the ring with a bunch of wild hogs……..they will eat anything.

64. coleman355103@bellsouth.net says: May 25, 2010 1:36 AM

Dont judge him for killing dogs,what do u think the football is made of,dont pick the animal u like ,lets let all them live.look up definition for dogs and see what u get.MR.VICK is a winner look what he made before he was judge,you hatters,and i know who u is,bow wow that.

65. catcherbeck says: May 25, 2010 1:46 AM

First of all, I am a woman. I am a animal lover. I have a boxer that is my life. I don’t like the thought of any animal suffering or being held in an inhumane way. But I am also human and I make mistakes and I am glad that I have been given second chances. I totally believe that we are all products of our environment and the friends that we associate with. I believe that he deserves a second chance. He has apologized and he is making every effort to make his wrong choices right. Let him play football. Get off his back. He is a great quarterback and he deserves to show the people he is a different person. We are so willing to forgive so many others for mistakes so why cant people forgive him.
    So why don’t all you haters put your energy into something else that is more productive. Like child molesters, rapist, murders or for hell sakes the people that are still holding dog fights and torturing dogs. Go after them. Mike has paid his price more then any of you idiots would ever know and he was man enough to come back and do what he had to do to make it right.

66. Big Tex says: May 25, 2010 7:51 AM

@coleman
    “MR.VICK is a winner look what he make before he was judge,you hatters (sic), and i know who u is, bow wow that.”
    All your former teachers are pleased that you’ve worked so hard to continue your education.

67. JunkYardDogg1156 says: May 25, 2010 8:38 AM

@coleman
    You feel how ever you want to, but don’t tell others what to feel. Learn to type, write & spell if you want post.
    @catcherbeck
    You are also welcome to “forgive” MV for your perception of his crimes against animals. BUT the fact remains, he never did ONE day of time for electrocuting, setting on fire, drowning, beating to death sick & dismembered animals for KICKS. He did this for entertainment! There is no defense for abusing creatures that do not have the ability to stick up for them selves.
    He’s a great QB?? Right. He sure won a lot of SB’s in Atlanta. He destroyed that franchise for 2 years through selfish lying behavior. But again, according to you, he deserves to unconditionally “forgiven”.
    As a woman it would be OK to meet a guy, find out he lied about his name then find out he infected you with VD. And you think he’s made it right?? That’s acceptable behavior? Seriously??
    To use child molesters & murderers to try & minimize MV’s crimes is pathetic. What do other criminals have to do with MV?? NOTHING that’s what & since there is no defense for the horrible, inhuman, sadistic things he did for LAUGHS, we try & bring others in to justify what MV did. As a human being this guy is a joke, a carnival act, a circus geek.
    MV will never be anything but a soulless, inherently, evil, cruel excuse for a human being.

68. Skinsfan23 says: May 25, 2010 9:36 AM

How did those 300 yards equivalate? 2 L’s dumbass.

69. Skinsfan23 says: May 25, 2010 9:40 AM

other skins fan who commented on this…I would like to keep my fan card…darrel is great know the guy personally does business with my step mom…whatever. The guy is a hall of famer all time great whatever you want to say…Vick was compared to him speed wise not talent wise whatsoever…and if you dont think that 3 years ago mike vick couldnt hang in a race with darrel green then you are just being biased.

70. BlondBlueDevils says: May 25, 2010 11:11 AM

Rick says:
    May 24, 2010 8:03 PM
    ——————————————-
    And what happened to TJ Duckett & Warrick Dunn after that?
    Anyone that plays with Vick, will have better seasons.
    Thanks for highlighting yet another cause for Mr. NFL……………
    HA HA HA

71. BlondBlueDevils says: May 25, 2010 11:15 AM

catcherbeck says:
    May 25, 2010 1:46 AM
    ————————————-
    Because it’s not about the dogs.
    It’s about what Vick looks like and the threat of that “LAST” position going b-y-e b-y-e………..
    HA HA HA

72. jimicos says: May 25, 2010 11:30 AM

catcherbeck says:
    May 25, 2010 1:46 AM
    ———————-
    And you’re an Eagles fan? Just a shot in the dark.

73. jimicos says: May 25, 2010 11:38 AM

BlondBlueDevils says:
    May 25, 2010 11:15 AM
    Because it’s not about the dogs.
    ————————-
    When you look in the mirror do you see a black man or an idiot? When I look at your posts I see an idiot.
    This isn’t about Vick being black. It’s about him being a terrible, horrible passer. If you want to find racists, look in the mirror or go looking at the people who rail on McNabb. He’s a decent QB. Vick is terrible, always has been.

74. JunkYardDogg1156 says: May 25, 2010 11:56 AM

BlondBlueDevils says:
    May 25, 2010 11:11 AM
    Rick says:
    May 24, 2010 8:03 PM
    ——————————————-
    And what happened to TJ Duckett & Warrick Dunn after that?
    Anyone that plays with Vick, will have better seasons.
    Thanks for highlighting yet another cause for Mr. NFL……………
    HA HA HA
    ———————————————-
    “Before Vick came to the Falcons, Dunn was a backup in Tampa Bay and never got close to 1,000 yard seasons.”
    As usual more BS & slanted stats.
    Warrick Dunn in TB:
    1997: 978 yards
    1998: 1026 yards
    2000: 1133 yards
    Guess 978, 1026, 1133 yards isn’t “close” to 1000 yards.
    This guy knows as much about math as he knows about the NFL. Inaccutate crap is all he ever posts.
    The playoff game in GB he loves to bring up…well Eli beat Favre in GB too in an NFC championship game.. Looking at it that way, the Atlanta win is just part of MV’s disappointing 2-2 playoff record. Chris Chandler was a much better QB in Atlanta then MV ever was.

75. eaglelover1 says: May 25, 2010 1:10 PM

Junkyarddog I was going to give you cudos until that last post. “Chris Chandler was a much better QB in Atlanta then MV ever was.” Really how many playoff games did Chandler win BEFORE he turned 30? How many probowls BEFORE he had a 1200 yard back, a 1000 yard WR and a decent defense? “Actually, MV should be mentioned with Leaf & JaMarcus as monumental busts/players that never lived up to the hype.” How many games did Leaf and Russell win COMBINED? I think Vick won more than the both of them in his first TWO years as a starter.
    What you MOOKTARDS seem to forget is that Vick was playing for a NFC championship in his THIRD YEAR as a full time starter. Will Matt Ryan be in a championship game this year? Was Eli? Peyton? Favre? Drew? Romo?
    To all of you bashing BlondBlueDevils for STATING THE OBVIOUS you all show your color when commneting on this man. So what he killed some DOGS. DOGS people. DOGS. He served his time and paid the price for his crimes. Get over it. If vick were not WHO he is born from the parents he was born from the story would be different.
    The only reason Vick is not starting in Philly this year is to keep the ticket holders happy. Once Kolb fails ( and he will fail) Vick will be cheered on by the same a$$holes that are on this site right now bashing him.

76. Chop Block Murphy says: May 25, 2010 1:36 PM

@Skinsfan23:
    Dear god…did you just imply that Kolb didn’t beat KC 34-14, use a made-up word (equivalate),” and then call someone else a dumbass all in the same breath?
    This is some kind of shtick, right?

77. ROMONOHOMO says: May 25, 2010 1:59 PM

Ok because apparently people don’t know how to read statistics, let me put it in perspective for you.
    MV
    Has only thrown over 55% completion TWICE in his 8 year NFL Career.
    TWICE?
    He’s never thrown for 3,000 yards.
    And his career TD-INT is: 71-52.
    Thats terrible.
    Inexcusable. This man coming out of the draft was supposed to revolutionize the Quarterback position but instead he set athletic QB’s back.
    Lets take a look at his “best” season:
    2002. 54.9 comp pct. 2,936 passing yards. 16 Tds. 8 Ints. 81.6 QB Rating. 777 yards rushing. 8 Rushing TDs. 9 Fumbles.
    That was his best season as a QUARTERBACK.
    His 2nd year, 1st full season as a starter. His only season with a QB rating above 80.His 3rd highest Comp. Pct of his career, a career best 2,936 passing yards.
    Overall. He had 24 Touchdowns against 17 Turnovers.
    He’s a turnover machine, He’s had double digit fumbles TWICE in his career 16, 11.
    He has only one season of 1,000 rushing yards (2006) and if I remember correctly ATL basically made its offense so that Vick could get that 1,000 yards. Much the way Farve laid down for Strahan’s record breaking sack. And how Tennessee was letting Chris Johnson get the 2,000 rushing yards.
    Vick will never be the QB he claims he is. And just to put it in perspective…
    David Garrard QB Jacksonville has been the starter for about 3-4 years in Jacksonville.
    and his career numbers 61.1 Comp Pct. 84.9 QB Rating. 13,269 Passing Yards. 66 TDs and 39 INTs.
    He’s almost surpassed Vick in every statistical category and he’s only been a starter for 3-4 seasons. And Garrard was had in the 4th round I believe? And thats Vick’s talent. The 4th round

78. BlondBlueDevils says: May 25, 2010 2:07 PM

You guys need to give it a rest, the “LAST” position is history, it’s gone…….b-y-e b-y-e.
    That old style of one dimensional quarterbacks, throwing to athletic receivers is a thing of the past. It’s boring and the young fans don’t want to hear or see that bogus style of play anymore.
    Vick is the new breed of quarterbacks, and I know that is burning you guys up. Name me one quarterback that beat Green Bay on the road in the playoffs before Vick?
    It doesn’t matter who did it 2nd or 3rd, it took an inaccurate passer to do it…………. HA HA HA
    Just like Kolb, Matt “CHOKE” Ryan can’t replace a legend in Atlanta. In his sophomore season the Falcons were pathetic and in Vick’s sophomore season………….well……………..ask Brett Favre how that turned out………….HA HA HA.
    Sorry guys, pointers and kickers are still employable though…………….HA HA HA.

79. JunkYardDogg1156 says: May 25, 2010 2:51 PM

@ BlondBlueDevils
    No more BS about Dunn being a sub player w/o Vick?? Proven wrong & you just keep flapping on more BS…typical. Right, your verson on the “new QB” sure is winning a lot of SB’s…Good thing we have the GWH Senneca Wallace huh? LOL
    @ eaglelover1
    You went from going to give me kudos to calling me a racist (backhanded)? Too funny, if MV wasn’t an Eagle, you wouldn’t care. In addition you attack race which also minimizes your message. It would HAVE to be about race, why wouldn’t everyone see that?? You are team & race biased. You realize Eli came into the league in 2004 & won a SB in 2007…Eli did it in year 4. I am not an El;I fan but the fact remains, even he is loads better than MV. How many SB’s does MV have? Do you know any NFL info except YOUR players & your racial BS?
    As for him “killing dogs” and your other comments in regards to that heinous behavior, it shows your level of education on the “just killed dogs” subject.
    He didn’t “just kill dogs”.
    MV engaged in:
    Attaching ELECTRODES to dog’s testicles & as they were already bleeding & hurting, LAUGHED as he shocked them.
    MV took flammable liquids & soaked sick, bleeding animals then proceeded to set them on fire as he screamed with laughter as they screamed in PAIN
    MV took sick & bleeding animals & repeatedly slammed them into the ground as they cried in unimaginable pain.
    Just for the record, his “born into that environment” argument you want to use, his FATHER told him what he was doing was wrong, his father would take the dogs to vets & get them patched up & put them in pens AWAY from Mike Vick. MV would wait until his dad went to work & steal the dogs back & torture them again. It was his environment huh?? It’s so funny to watch the blind color defending that goes on here & the lame excuses given to the type of evil MV showed those animals. That’s environment? So if you see something growing up, it’s OK to do as an adult?? That’s how dumb people that make that statement sound. There is never an excuse for TORTURING creatures that cannot defend themselves, it’s sick. Get educated in a subject before you make yourself look like a fool posting this crap you have no clue about. Just killed dogs huh? Is that what you call it?? Keep defending this pathetic clown. Keep defending his sick & evil ways.
    Chris Chandler WAS better in Atlanta than Vick, he took them to a SB. No matter how many playoff games he won before 30. Based upon all the hype & the expectations, Mike Vick is a bust. McNabb was & will always be 1000% better than MV & Philly fans wanted him gone because he didn’t deliver a SB but you defend an inhuman POS like MV. His career playoff record was/is 2-2. Never threw for more than 20 TD or over 55% completion percentage in a season but this is the guy you all wanted to keep in Philly. Bet you are one of the ignorant blind race defending idiots that gave him a standing ovation that night, not even knowing when to sit down & shut up.

80. catcherbeck says: May 25, 2010 3:13 PM

jimicos…I am not an Eagles fan. I am actually a 49ners fan. I know you can feel sorry for me later and give me all the crap you want. I’m from a state that has no pro team. But I am a huge sports fan and I do follow NFL. I was never a huge Vick fan. The only reason I said something is because I have followed everything that went down since all of this came out. At first I loathed the guy but after going through ALL of the information and what his childhood was like, friends, environment, ect. I realized this guy was just doing what everyone else did where he came from. Does it make it right…hell no but the guy deserves a second chance. Just like everyone else. I have watched the Michael Vick project and I think a lot of you narrow minded people on here should do the same. Could jealousy be an issue here??? or Penis envy???lol, that was a joke ok…
    I say give a guy a shot and lets see if he can live up to what he is capable of and trying to do to prove himself. If not then all of you trash talkers can have the last say and I will keep my mouth shut!!! and you can rub it in all you want. And if he does what I know he can then I will be a lady and not rub it in or say I told you so… I will just say Kiss my Ass!!! BTW its a nice one. lol. (That was a joke, BTW)

81. PackAttackBackMan says: May 25, 2010 4:47 PM

@ BlondBlueDevils
    I have a feeling that you think O.J. didn’t murder his wife and her boyfriend either……

82. Chop Block Murphy says: May 25, 2010 5:15 PM

eaglelover1 says:
    “Vick was playing for a NFC championship in his THIRD YEAR as a full time starter.”
    What the hell does that prove? Rex Grossman took the Bears to the Super Bowl in what was essentially his first full year as a starter.
    “Will Matt Ryan be in a championship game this year? Was Eli? Peyton? Favre? Drew? Romo?”
    How you think this is a good point is beyond me. 4 of the 6 you cited have actually WON SUPER BOWLS, you half-wit!
    Change your user name if you’re going to keep posting. I don’t want people thinking all Eagles fans are as brain-dead as you.

83. ToledoLions says: May 25, 2010 5:48 PM

@ Bears2010,
    All I remember about Ron Mexico is
    53% completions, 71 TD’s, 52INT’s, and a 75.9 QB rating for his career.
    If you live in REALITY you would realize that those numbers are PATHETIC for a starting quarterback in the NFL.
    Let’s compare that to, oh we’ll say Gus Frerotte.
    54% completions and a 74.2 QB rating for his career.
    So as a passer, which is what quarterbacks are used for not running the ball, Vick is barely as good as Gus Frerotte. Let that sink in for a little. Maybe then all you people who praise Ron Mexico as a quarterback will realize what a garbage quarterback he actually was, even in his “prime”.

84. ToledoLions says: May 25, 2010 6:11 PM

@ BlondBlueDevils,
    How many Super Bowls has Ron Mexico won? Beating Green Bay didn’t mean SHIT, quit bringing that up. Did he get a ring for it? Did Ron Mexico get a Super Bowl? And who was the last “multi-dimensional black quarterback” to win a Super Bowl? And in the past 50 years, how many Super Bowls have been won by “one-dimensional quarterbacks”?
    What you say isn’t “eating” anyone up dumb ass. Because the people here who leave their porches and live in reality know the TRUTH. And it’s quarterbacks like Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers, and Rodgers that are the past, present, and FUTURE of the NFL and that will NEVER change. Because they have the brain power to run an offense and win. And your “multi-dimensional quarterbacks” don’t. It’s hard to run an NFL offense when you can barely graduate High School.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

85. ROMONOHOMO says: May 25, 2010 6:23 PM

@ ToledoLions
    EXACTLY MY POINT. Vick was a terrible Quarterback. Thank you for comparing him to someone worse than David Garrard. I was going to use Grossman but I didn’t care enough too. lol
    @catcherbeck
    Please pass whatever it is you’re smoking.
    @BlondBlueDevils
    You’re an idiot. A pure idiot. Football isn’t a race thing at all. Football is about a system and how well a player fits into that system. But if you want to make it a race thing; lets.
    Other than Doug Williams who was a prototypical pocket passer, name an african american QB to win a Super Bowl….
    Still thinking…?
    Oh yeah, there were no others. So shut up.
    Btw. Wes Welkers a WHITE reciever who dominates the game?
    On to the Michael Vick thing.
    I am an advid Eagles Fan. I hate Michael Vick. A terrible Quarterback. In ATL if memory serves, Vick never had a 1,000 yard reciever. And that was not his WR faults because as soon as he left that “terrible QB” Matt Ryan, made Roddy White a pro bowler. AND Michael Turner was a 1500 yard rusher. Michael Vick is/will never be a GOOD QB.
    This guy couldn’t throw crossing routes, was terrible with short-mid route accuracy.
    If you want to talk about an athletic Quarterback that revolutionized the game?
    You talk about Donovan McNabb or a Younger Daunte Culpepper.
    Both Quarterbacks could run if neccessary BUT they knew that standing in the pocket was more fruitful because football is a TEAM sport.
    Oh btw.
    Just love throwing stats out there.
    McNabbb (12 years)
    59.0 comp Pct. 32,873 passing yards. 216 TDs. 100 INTs. 3,249 rushing yards. 28 Rushing TDs.
    QB Rating 86.5.
    Culpepper (12 years)
    63.0 comp pct. 24,153 passing yards. 149 TDs. 106 INTs. 2,652 rushing yards. 34 Rushing TDs.
    QB Rating 87.8.
    Vick (8 years)
    53.7 comp pct. 11,591 passing yards. 72 TDs. 52 INTs. 3,954 rushing yards. 23 Rushing TDs.
    QB Rating 75.9
    Hm. Numbers don’t lie

86. catcherbeck says: May 25, 2010 6:52 PM

to ROMONOHOMO… I’m just smokin love and forgiveness. Nothing else. lol. All I can say is that you guys are way passionate about your football. I will have to learn to keep my mouth shut next time. I truly just thought that everyone deserved a second chance…maybe I was wrong to see it that way. Going to go have a smoke now!!!!

87. Mooch says: May 25, 2010 8:54 PM

Chris Chandler went something like 14-2 and went to a Super Bowl.
    That’s more than Vick will ever do.
    Michael Vick is Penny Hardaway, creations of Nike who are respected because they were part of a clever ad campaign. Nothing more, nothing less.

88. Meat Tuperello says: May 26, 2010 11:03 AM

Truth be told, Vick doesn’t understand much of anything.
    For the record “Lil Penny” had more talent and brains than Vick.

89. JunkYardDogg1156 says: May 26, 2010 12:50 PM

BlondBlueDevils says:
    May 26, 2010 12:04 PM
    HIGHEST paid player in NFL HISTORY……….
    ————————————–
    And the LARGEST contract ever VOIDED/RETRACTED/CANCELLED in the HISTORY of sports. Vick’s contract was terminated by the Atlanta Falcons after the 2006 season, the contract was signed in 2005 & terminated in 2006. Nice work Mike Vick!!
    He spent one year as the most overpaid player in the history of sports, then blew it with his horrific, soulless, inhuman behavior.
    But you keep posting your typical, race baiting, idiotic nonsense.

90. Profanity in ALL CAPS says: May 26, 2010 12:58 PM

felony charges coming back to haunt your job prospects. only in america!

91. jimicos says: May 26, 2010 7:23 PM

catcherbeck says:
    May 25, 2010 3:13 PM
    ———————–
    Eh, it was just a guess. Most of the Vick apologists are either Eagles fans or raging racists like our “friends” famucancer and BlondBlueDevils. You know you’re a racist when your username pretty much spells it out.
    As for “The Michael Vick Experience”, no thanks. I have better things to do with my time. With very few exceptions I don’t watch reality TV. There’s nothing lazier and more mind-numbing than watching someone quasi-famous do ordinary everyday shit. And I just don’t care about Michael Vick. Back when he was running for 7 yards a clip and bounce passing balls to his receivers he was somewhat relevant. Now he’s not. At all.
    So go ahead and kiss your own ass, nice or not. Michael Vick did NOT develop accuracy in his 3 years out of football. And for QBs, accuracy is the name of the game.

92. panteraphenomenon says: May 27, 2010 12:09 AM

I think Michael Vick is worth a shot.. You never know.

93. Ron G. says: May 27, 2010 6:33 AM

All I am saying is the guy made a mistake that some of you have made that may have been worser in your thinking of others, how you are privileged and fail to realize it, how many of you think just like Rand Paul but not man, or woman enough to say it! You right he was give an opportunity and he failed the first time, well many never got an opportunity, it shows how people are still being exploited, if Vick couldn’t help the Eagles he wouldn’t be there getting a 1.5 million roster spot and 5.25 million this year and he isa back-up, so who the hell is laughing at who lol! Its like going to work getting paid but the pressure and rish is on someone else and I make just as much as them wow! I would say that second chance is a heck of a spot to be in lol! So, hate on and watch Vick go to bank making 50 times as much as you non athletes!

94. Juan Corsair says: May 27, 2010 8:45 AM

The Dawgkilla apologists can say whatever they want. The reality as to why nobody has shown any interest in him is because he is a one-dimentional QB with horrible accuracy who has lost more than a step since being incarcerated in a federal prison. He may have a pseudo-career prospect in the UFL or CFL, but his future in the NFL is as dead as the dogs he tortured to death. He’ll be cut by September and can continue making money flipping burgers and running the fry machine.
    End of Story.

95. JunkYardDogg1156 says: May 27, 2010 9:30 AM

Ron G. says:
    May 27, 2010 6:33 AM
    —————————————-
    Another idiotic post that Vick defenders are famous for. Poor MV, he made a “mistake”.
    A mistake?
    1) attaching electric to animals balls & shocking them as they cry & Vick laughed.
    2) taking bleeding & hurt animals & throwing gasoline on them & setting them on fire as they screamed & MV laughed his ass off.
    These are MISTAKES? To take a creature already in pain & hurting & with your bare hands & for entainment & laughs torture & inflict more pain is a mistake?? This was done over a SIX YEAR period, thats no mistake, these are acts of pure evil.
    So to defend him & say he dererves a “2nd chance” when he had a 130M contract & could afford vets to put animals down is as ignorant as Mike Vick is. Some things are absolutely intolerable & do not deserve a “2nd chance”.
    I don’t care what he is making, doesn’t change the fact that he is a inhuman, sadistic POS.
    Ya all look dumb as hell defending this type of guy, there is no excuse for torturing living things for KICKS.

96. -Slap- says: May 27, 2010 10:22 AM

Anybody who roots for this remorseless scumbag is an ignorant piece of trash.

97. lionsfan2828 says: May 28, 2010 1:31 PM

Vick should of been accused of raping two different females or killed a person drunk driving and his public image would be so much better

98. lionsfan2828 says: May 28, 2010 1:31 PM

99. JunkYardDogg1156 says: May 28, 2010 7:56 PM

# -Slap- says: May 27, 2010 10:22 AM
    Anybody who roots for this remorseless scumbag is an ignorant piece of trash.
    —————————————————
    AMEN Brother.

100. BLeedGreeN4Life says: Jun 4, 2010 1:01 AM

Blondebluedevils: just get on your knees and blow vick already. He is garbage. get over it.