Eddie Kennison says Dwayne Bowe denied talking about "importing"

We thought the saga of Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe and the “importing” phenomenon was over.

It isn’t.

Former teammate Eddie Kennison, in an appearance on WHB in Kansas City (via SportsRadioInterviews.com), said the Bowe’s initial reaction to the news of the “importing” story was to deny it.

“I was surprised with the article because immediately when I heard it, I called Dwayne and we talked,” Kennison said.  “He said, ‘Eddie K, I’ve never talked to this guy before.  I don’t know where this is coming from.’  My question, I guess is to the writer who wrote the article.  He quoted Dwayne in this article and to me that raises the question, if you quoted the guy, then that means the guy said it.  So that leaves me a little bit skeptical about whether Dwayne really said it or not.  Dwayne said he didn’t.  I believe Dwayne.  I don’t know the writer.  I’m not saying that it’s not true, but I believe Dwayne Bowe on it because he told me he did not say it.”

It could be that Kennison told Bowe that the Internet hack whose name appears at the top of this item was the author of the article, and thus the person to whom Bowe gave the quotes.  But he gave the quotes to ESPN The Magazine.  So if Bowe denied he spoke to me, he’s right.  But that doesn’t mean he didn’t speak to ESPN.

Besides, if Bowe truly didn’t say it, the Chiefs would have likely made a big stink about the situation.

Moreover, Kennison didn’t exactly deny that it occurred.  “Let’s get something straight in what the article said because the article said that there were girls imported and that there was one for every room,” Kennison said.  “Well I can attest that there was no girl in my room in 2007 on the San Diego trip.”

So, in other words, Kennison was careful to cover his own ass.  The rest of his former teammates are on their own.

Permalink 20 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Kansas City Chiefs, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
20 Responses to “Eddie Kennison says Dwayne Bowe denied talking about "importing"”
  1. realitypolice says: May 26, 2010 9:47 PM

I’m shocked that Bowe would deny having thrown his entire locker room under the bus. Who would have seen that coming?

2. GoBrowns19 says: May 26, 2010 10:00 PM

That leaves seven other road trips doesn’t it?

3. rjgreen3 says: May 26, 2010 10:01 PM

as a teammate there are just somethings that shouldn’t be repeated or spoken about and real teams and teammates know what they are. this just reinforces that the new age teammate doesn’t know what it is to be a GOOD teammate. i wouldn’t want someone like this in my locker room! HE DEFINATELY DOESN’T HAVE YOUR BACK!!!!!!

4. bronco1st says: May 26, 2010 10:08 PM

Kennison said. “Well I can attest that there was no girl in my room in 2007 on the San Diego trip.”
    I believe you Kenny. There’s no way your boyfriend would have allowed it – even if you actually wanted a girl.

5. magsdad1 says: May 26, 2010 10:24 PM

Kennison is not trustworthy. Ask Mike Shanahan.

6. pakrguru says: May 26, 2010 10:33 PM

Hmmmm…..makes me wonder if it was just importing, or if he was involved in exporting as well….much like Art Vandelay.
    In other words……yaaaawwwnnnn. Pro sports players getting hookers? I’m shocked.
    Sincerely,
    Eugene Robinson & LT

7. therewasone says: May 26, 2010 10:59 PM

I find it funny that someone, an internet hack, that makes a living by pointing out the flaws of others can’t say for a fact if the stories he post are accurate! Terry Bradshaw is dead cough! cough! It’s alright to be incompetent if you hide behind “This is a rumor site!” Even if he knows most readers don’t care if it’s rumor or not, they’ll take it as fact. And why not? The hack always writes the stories as the are true until proven false. DID HE SAY IT OR NOT? It’s not like BSPN is batting 1000.

8. Chiefforlife says: May 26, 2010 11:30 PM

Of course Eddie can attest to who was in his room. He was in it, how could he attest to who was in others rooms, he wasn’t there. So he can ONLY cover his own ass, as you say.
    Of course I hope DBowe is telling the truth in that he wasn’t telling. I want him to be the greatest.
    Broncos1st, this isnt your kind of Hotel, they had women there… Allegedly, that is. Hehe

9. snnyjcbs says: May 26, 2010 11:33 PM

They really have some keepers coming out of LSU. Did not Bowe and J Russell come out together?

10. EShine says: May 26, 2010 11:36 PM

I’m sure that ESPN writer was sitting at his computer thinking: “you know, these quotes from Bowe suck. What if I just made up a story about how he and the team imported girls via social networking? I’m sure no one will mind.”

11. PackAttackBackMan says: May 27, 2010 12:10 AM

I was with the Chiefs as their traveling secretary in 2007. These boys def have their “imports”. Not that there is anything wrong with it……..

12. pacificamike says: May 27, 2010 2:10 AM

who do you think was on top when he roomed with that fa*got johnny morton?

13. kristoff says: May 27, 2010 3:09 AM

he shla snitched on Ray lewis while he was at it!! he wld be runnin 4 his life by now!!

14. Wukong says: May 27, 2010 5:08 AM

Here’s another viewpoint:
    Who gives a crap about any of this?

15. seatofmypants says: May 27, 2010 6:23 AM

Actually, rumor has it that Kennison prefers not to cover his ass. Especially around the boys.

16. irishsamurai says: May 27, 2010 6:57 AM

just like the tiger woods story,WHO CARES,who cares who is having sex with who,if it is agreed to,who cares,i dont need to hear about athletes sex lives

17. steely devil hab says: May 27, 2010 8:48 AM

irishsamurai says:
    May 27, 2010 6:57 AM
    ——————————–
    Most level headed thing I’ve heard all year.
    BUT
    To answer you question (which I am guessing was rhetorical) – Who Cares?
    Ah – those who are NOT having the importing sex, the sex in the bathroom, the sex with all the girls while married…that’s who cares.
    But I digress.

18. chknbn says: May 27, 2010 8:50 AM

“…the Internet hack whose name appears at the top of this item was the author of the article.”
    How is this about you? Where does it mention you (and I’m sure if your name was included in the quote, you would point it out in no fewer than 5 posts, strategically spaced out so that everyone who visits this site from time to time would know that you were mentioned by someone who makes news, not just compiles rumors and spits them out)? You are so self-centered and egotestical.

19. 69ers says: May 27, 2010 9:19 AM

Lame attempt by Bowe to do some damage control.

20. KC_Vols says: May 27, 2010 9:43 AM

Dwayne Bowe sucks and so do all the LSU players in the NFL….except for jamarcus russell