Ochocinco says he's injured; should be ready for minicamp

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco says he was unable to participate in Tuesday’s Dancing With the Stars finale because he hurt himself lifting weights.

“I can’t dance tonight due to injury, trying to squat 420 without a warm was dumb of me,” Ochocinco tweeted Tuesday. “Truthfully I felt with me dancing the past 3 months I would’ve been able to start heavy n work my way down as usual.”

But the injury is apparently not serious, and Ochocinco promised that he’d be ready to play in the Bengals’ opener against the New England Patriots on September 12.

“For those who were waiting to see me dance tonight, don’t be mad, ill be dancing really soon September 12th between 1 n 4pm,” Ochocinco tweeted.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reported that Ochocinco will be fine when he reports to minicamp on June 15. Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan told the Enquirer that the team “does not respond to — or confirm/deny info — that is only in a tweet.”

“Only” in a tweet? Apparently Brennan doesn’t recognize the significance of the Ochocinco News Network.

Permalink 29 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
29 Responses to “Ochocinco says he's injured; should be ready for minicamp”
  1. WhoDeySood5 says: May 26, 2010 12:16 PM

Ochocinco is going to have another Huge year, much like his earlier years. Check this out: Ocho, Antonio Bryant, Bubba Caldwell,Quasby,Shipley,Matt “the nose” Jones,Jerome Simpson, and Dez Briscoe…..8 quality recievers (7 depending on your opinion of J Simps) Plus our revamped TE’s….watch out this year, if Bratkowski can stay out of his own way with play calling we are going to be Very scary on both sides of the ball

2. robert ethen says: May 26, 2010 12:18 PM

Knowing his own body, Oucho was able to confirm that the injury would be fully healed “close to the end of training camp”, without requiring a medical opinion.

3. MooninLambeau says: May 26, 2010 12:22 PM

his ego is injured from not winning dancing with the stars

4. JoeSchmoe says: May 26, 2010 12:27 PM

He’s too busy with his reality show… that’s the real reason I suspect…

5. Ken West says: May 26, 2010 12:32 PM

Over….rated.
    He is just another WR at this point. Can we all start treating him as such?

6. jwill007 says: May 26, 2010 12:38 PM

“close to the end of training camp”, without requiring a medical opinion”
    Thats what you wish for…….

7. NoKoolaidCowboy says: May 26, 2010 1:00 PM

Squatting 420 without a spotter?
    I hope he gets well soon because I enjoy his antics but this was rather “stoopid”.

8. js136202 says: May 26, 2010 1:10 PM

WhoDeySood5

9. CurseofBoJackson says: May 26, 2010 1:14 PM

“Over….rated.
    He is just another WR at this point. Can we all start treating him as such?”
    Right, check the numbers chachi, or better yet, actually watch him play. More drivel from PFT morons, way to rep.

10. karmathaitch says: May 26, 2010 1:18 PM

Ocho Homo…
    Mucho Homo! LOL!!
    Dancing fool

11. js136202 says: May 26, 2010 1:31 PM

WhoDeySood5

12. 60minuteassassin says: May 26, 2010 1:47 PM

I’m sure Chad will be ready for the season and play well, then choke towards the end like the Bengals always do…

13. WhoDeySood5 says: May 26, 2010 1:48 PM

js136202 says:
    May 26, 2010 1:10 PM
    WhoDeySood5
    ————————————————–
    i hope your just another idiot jets fans who thinks you’ll be good. His trip to revis island was a bad one, I’ll admit that, but he was also our only WR last yr and still put up sick #’s (all things considered).
    Speaking of a bunch of trash nobody else wanted….wasn’t that the Jets gameplan all offseason you tard!?!?
    Don’t try and turn an optimistic fanpost into a back and forth unless you know anything about which your speaking on…..you deusch

14. jwill007 says: May 26, 2010 1:59 PM

“Umm, no. Did you not see Ocho’s trip to Revis Island last year? He never came back. They’ve got Chad, who’s a true #2 at this stage in his career, they got Antonio Bryant, who teams drop after 1 or 2 seasons because he’s a pain-in-the-ass malcontent, and then a bunch of trash that nobody else in the league wanted.
    Their WR corp is probably the team’s biggest weakness, it’s certainly not a strength. ”
    Bryant is doing well and has the best QB he has ever played with…. 15.3 per catch will do us very well.
    With respect to Revis Island DO YOU HAEV 3 REVIS ISLANDS???
    I GURANTEE YOU Bryant burns the shit out of Cromartie who if he isnt getting a pick HE IS GETTING BURNED! See SD Passing defense last year. Kyle Wilson will Draw Shipley/Matt Jones/Andre Caldwell and he will have to SHOW US he can lock down # 3
    Did you forget we drafted the best TE in the draft??? OHHHHHHHHHHHHH You forgot Ok Ok OK let me help you his name is Jermaine Gresham so your SLOW FOOTED LB’s better cover well in the middle of the field…
    This passing offense will hav WAY MORE then CHad Johnson which is all we had last year and if you think you about to see 37-0 or you think its an automatic win IF IT DOESNT HAPPEN DONT RUN AND HIDE IN SOME DAMN BURROW IN NY! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. SeriousRadio says: May 26, 2010 2:01 PM

I wanna know if Chad is hittin’ Cheryl Burke. That was the steamy undercurrent of his DWTS tenure. In fact, it seems like there might be a lot of hooking up on that show. I can definitely see most of those contestants making a strong connection with each other.
    Well, except for Buzz Aldrin. Don’t even wanna go there.

16. BengalsDouche2 says: May 26, 2010 2:04 PM

js136202- what a moron. you obviously don’t realize why Bryant has jumped from team to team. He has been the #1 everywhere, even over his QB. All the QB’s he played with were terrible. He now has a QB that has the potential to be a pro bowler (again) so he’ll blow up. Especially with Chad on the opposite side. Our receiving corp is one of the best, if not the best, in the league. bank it son.

17. Jungle Juice says: May 26, 2010 2:30 PM

JS13 – you will be nowwhere to be found and all quiet by November.
    You know nothing about the Bengals Receivers.
    Matt Jones will have teams wishing they snatched him up and didn’t treat him like trash.
    You know you are deep when your 5th receiver will be Caldwell or Shipley!

18. enders says: May 26, 2010 2:31 PM

lol THE best in the league? Sorry but the Bengals receiving corp isn’t even one of the best. Antonio Bryant is being over rated all to piss by most Bengal fans. Yeah they got two good rookies out of the draft in Shipley and Gresham. But you can’t use rookies who haven’t even played a game yet in your argument as to why the Bengals have one of the best receiving corps in the nfl.
    The receiving corp has improved quite a bit from last season, but it is not one of the best in the league. Chad isn’t as good as he use to be, but he is still good. Chad got around Revis more than once in that playoff game, but Carson couldn’t make an accurate throw. Carson was horrible in that game… horrible.
    I am a Bengals fan btw

19. js136202 says: May 26, 2010 2:40 PM

Wow, the bandwagon is completely filled. I’ll take the time to answer all of your inane comments, 1 at a time. Read this nice and slowly Bengal fans, because I know that “thinking” isn’t one of your strong points.
    #1, the myth that Carson Palmer is a premium, top-tier QB in the NFL can pretty much be debunked at this stage. How many years has he been in the NFL? How many playoff games has he won? His team last year had one of the most potent rushing attacks in the NFL, and yet he did nothing. He has not been the same since his injury, and until he proves otherwise, he’s nothing special.
    #2, regarding my affiliation, I’m a Browns fan married to a Bengals fan, so I’m uniquely educated on both teams. I’ve been dragged (begrudgingly) to bengals training camp. I know as much about them as their average fan.
    #3, I know about Antonio Bryant because we HAD him. He came to the Browns, had solid numbers, was a horrible teammate, and they didn’t so much as attempt to resign him. He’s a diva, but he flies under the radar bc he’s not as obnoxious as Ocho.
    I’m not saying the Bengals won’t be solid, I’m guessing they’re an around-.500 team this year. They regressed as the season wore on last year and I don’t see them duplicating last year’s success without Palmer reemerging as a strong arm in the NFL. Their offense just isn’t that dynamic. I know bc I’ve seen lots of vanilla, nothing special offense as a Cleveland fan.

20. Roethlisberger's Bitch Tits says: May 26, 2010 2:51 PM

One of the best in the league…TBD, improved from last year? Hell YES!
    As far as the moronic Jets fan whos running his mouth about Revis, what can you say. If you think he is going to have another season like he did last year you are sadly mistaken. As soon as somebody finds a weakness in his game, and yes every player has them, he will come back down to earth. Its just the way of the game.
    Chad has been on top so long he doesn’t need to prove anything to anyone. He is not a dominant #1 but still a damn good reciever and can still get deep. Trust me, if Gresham and Bryant can give them anything, this team jumps automatically ten spots in passing rank. Not to mention what that does for the running game.

21. LAEaglefan says: May 26, 2010 3:05 PM

Ochocinco is washed up. He’ll play more like Cheryl Burke (his dancing partner on DWTS) than a top flight NFL wide receiver this year.

22. BengalsDouche2 says: May 26, 2010 3:07 PM

Enders- Chad still had a hell of a year with a QB that looked like ass and a team that focused on the running game. And you’re saying he isn’t as good as he used to be? Are you serious? Did you even watch the games? Carson is waaaaaay off and Chad still played great and had great numbers. Antonio Bryant will blow up. Guaranteed. I didn’t even use the rookies in my reasoning on why our receiving corp is one of the best in the league. Chad, Antonio, Caldwell and Matt Jones (no I don’t think he will blow up but I think he’ll produce a lot for us). Just those 4 there could be dangerous. Then if Shipley and Gresham come in and put up #’s, are you serious? If they aren’t one of the top 5 receiving corp in the league at the end of the season (barring the fact that Carson may suck again), I’ll be shocked.

23. BengalsDouche2 says: May 26, 2010 3:12 PM

js136202- I did say that Carson has dropped off and I also said assuming that Carson comes back to his pro bowl form, that our team would be unstoppable. There’s no question that Carson has gone down since his knee injury. But the potential of being a top tier QB is there. He was a top tier QB for a couple of years for christ’s sake. It’s not like we just believe in him that he can do it. He has done it. That’s my argument. However, I don’t have 100% confidence that he’ll be back to his pro bowl self. I honestly thought we should start shopping for a QB to groom next year. But our receiving corp is still one of the best in the league. You can’t say that having that receiving corp and Peyton Manning throwing to them wouldn’t be one of the scariest in the league. I never once said Carson is one of the best in the league. At one time he was, not anymore.

24. js136202 says: May 26, 2010 3:25 PM

If you say the word “Revis,” does it mean you’re from New York? I was merely stating that in 2 straight games, Chad Ochocinco got bitchslapped upside the head by a far superior NFL player whose career hasn’t been eclipsed by the daunting size of his ego.

25. WhoDeySood5 says: May 26, 2010 3:29 PM

js136202
    So you’re wife “dragged” you to Bengals training camp?!?! This brings a few things to mind:
    1. you sit down to pee
    2. you’re wife owns you
    3. how the F**K do you know what a dynamic offense looks like?!?! You’re a browns fans
    Palmer is not a “premium top tier QB” lots of Bengals fans would agree- however he’s still top ten. You’re forgetting he had bum left hand last year and couldn’t even hand off with it (ie: NO PLAY ACTION) and only had 1 True receiver (Ocho). Andre Smith will give his full services at RT this year too, don’t forget about that deusch.
    kick rocks nerd, tell your wifey to call me

26. Cincinnasty says: May 26, 2010 4:09 PM

js136202 your so bitter as a Brown’s fan that your looking for negative thing’s to find in a good team… Don’t be mad that your team has made absolutely no progress since they were brought back in the league and you would like for Cincinnati to be the same(since you have to deal with your wife rubbing it in your face every week”.. As far as “Bandwagon” goes I welcome anyone whom wants to jump on and support Cincinnati at least it’s a sign of some type of success and when and if your Brown’s get any better are you going to sit around and harp at Cleveland fan’s that jump the wagon because they weren’t around in dark days?
    Your the definition of a “hater” so….”HI HATER I SEE YOU!” and tell your wife I said ” WHO DEY?”

27. heavyj39 says: May 26, 2010 4:36 PM

js136202 says:
    May 26, 2010 3:25 PM
    Just because Revis shut him down does not mean that Chad is slipping. I hate the Jets but Revis is a stud. He also shut down Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, TO, and just about everyone else he faced. That says a lot about Revis and not much about Chad. Chad put up solid numbers for a boring offense with little to no help against double teams and over the top help.

28. Bious says: May 26, 2010 4:58 PM

He is getting up there in age
    He better watch it b/c his body won’t adapt to injuries as quickly in the past

29. minhw0714 says: May 26, 2010 4:59 PM

It’s a shame he didn’t drop the weight on his mouth or on his Twittering hand