Gerald McCoy's tweets get him in trouble

Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, the third overall pick in the 2010 draft, likes to use Twitter.  But someone doesn’t like what he likes to do with it.

The folks at JoeBucsFan.com speculate that the Bucs have told McCoy to watch what he says.

“Apparently my tweeting is getting me in trouble
and I can’t be myself so you guys just get scriptures,” McCoy said.

McCoy later changed his mind:  “Man forget that!
I’m tweeting ain’t nobody gone stop me from being me. I don’t do
anything wrong or stupid!!  So I’m back!!

The issues regarding McCoy’s tweets might have come from his decision to use the phrase “no homo” regarding his feelings as to the rest of the members of the incoming class of rookies.  We believe this for one simple reason — McCoy has deleted the “no homo” tweet.

Permalink 33 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Top Stories
33 Responses to “Gerald McCoy's tweets get him in trouble”
  1. robert ethen says: May 28, 2010 3:03 PM

“No homo” ain’t too tweet.

2. mama tried says: May 28, 2010 3:05 PM

tweeting just sounds homo!!
    You’re a GD man now, stop twiting and tweeting…… HOMO!

3. TheVillain112 says: May 28, 2010 3:08 PM

Should have said “Not that there’s anything wrong with that” instead.

4. Nacho Libre says: May 28, 2010 3:09 PM

Maybe he deleted it because….yes homo? I think Bucs is just a made up word for butt and f**ks.

5. Dewey Axewoond says: May 28, 2010 3:16 PM

Pervasive PC liberal fagg0try strikes again.

6. Florio-is-a-tool says: May 28, 2010 3:16 PM

And it was a toss-up between choosing him or Suh? This is the Manning/Leaf ordeal of DT’s.

7. Rev. Dr. HollywoodWags says: May 28, 2010 3:24 PM

4-6 weeks, conduct unbecoming an NFL football player.

8. Mean D says: May 28, 2010 3:28 PM

Nice to see he can’t speak proper English.

9. tacobunny says: May 28, 2010 3:29 PM

Because, of course, Mama Tried, being a homo is a bad thing, right? Surely you use all the other slurs out there, don’t ya?
    Good grief. How many inbreds post on this board? Gives me a headache.

10. 987654321 says: May 28, 2010 3:30 PM

Doesn’t matter what this loser says. The Bucs will still only win about 2 games this coming season. What a horrible football organization they have in Tampa.

11. Norv Turner says: May 28, 2010 3:31 PM

McCoy is just as big of a Jesus freak as Tebow if you can believe that.

12. Nacho Libre says: May 28, 2010 3:33 PM

If his teets are getting him into trouble, maybe should workout more and lose the man boobs….oh…wait, you said TWEETS? My bad.

13. Nacho Libre says: May 28, 2010 3:34 PM

Why did my “all Bucs players are gay” implication not get posted yet btw?

14. NickSabanSucks says: May 28, 2010 3:35 PM

That’s ridiculous GK is one of the nicest and most sincere athletes out there. Let him tweet whatever he wants. Trust me you wont find a reporter or fan that has a negative opinion of him here in Oklahoma. If more athletes conducted themselves the way he does, things like the Turd Watch wouldn’t be necessary.

15. NinerDynasty says: May 28, 2010 3:35 PM

tweeting is pretty homo. tweeter is the dumbest social site ive ever seen.

16. pvitr84 says: May 28, 2010 3:36 PM

Frankly, this No Homo thing is getting annoying. If any one has heard Run This Town by Jaz-Z, he says it in the song. People are joking around, maybe the higher powers should loosen up a bit.

17. jj jones says: May 28, 2010 3:41 PM

Who will win a Super Bowl first? Romo or Homo?

18. Calir says: May 28, 2010 3:42 PM

So basically he was told to stop or watch himself by the Bucs when it comes to his teenage girl twitter hobby and he’s already giving them the middle finger before he signs his first contract. The concern was that he did have character issues. Bucs thought they could change that….so far, not working.

19. DailyRich says: May 28, 2010 3:50 PM

If it’s JoeBucsFan speculating on it, I’d take it with a HUGE grain of salt.

20. D.R.Universal says: May 28, 2010 3:54 PM

LMAO!!! What another non story..FIRST off I do think its dumb to “tweet” your every little move but hey, they choose to do it…
    And everyone STOP getting your panties all in knots over NOTHING!! He didnt call any a homo or anything offensive..move along
    I am DYING LAUGHING at some of these comments tho..its like the whole world is doing stand up comedy LMAO!!

21. SterilizeTHenry says: May 28, 2010 4:20 PM

So this guy would rather tweet than obey the wishes of a team that is paying him millions of dollars?
    I smell a bust.

22. God's Own Silver and Blue says: May 28, 2010 4:21 PM

Yeah, what’s wrong with you McCoy? Put away your babytoys and get out there and boink a couple of kollege kuties in the keister like Ben Roethlisberger.

23. rusH1023 says: May 28, 2010 4:36 PM

He posts scripture? Fkn pathetic. I wouldn’t follow him for that reason alone.

24. Jagmankane says: May 28, 2010 4:38 PM

Ridiculous. I say “no homo” all the time. The phrase goes way back. A lot of gays and lesbians I know don’t take offense to the word, when it isn’t directed at them. People too touchy about WORDS these days. No bad words, just the context in which you use them.
    “I love you man, no homo” is not the same as “get away from me, homo.” period.

25. AlCortez says: May 28, 2010 4:48 PM

Nobody who tweets can claim “I don’t do anything wrong or stupid” with a straight face.

26. VoxVagina says: May 28, 2010 5:16 PM

I think the real issue was when he posted this:
    “Day 4 down. Now its time to go get faded for memorial day! “

27. GoBrowns19 says: May 28, 2010 5:45 PM

Isn’t tweeting a gay thing? I mean, if I saw one of my buddies tweeting, I’d say, “Dude, you’re gay”. And he’d say “I know”.

28. Occam says: May 28, 2010 6:09 PM

“I’m tweeting ain’t nobody gone stop me from being me. I don’t do anything wrong or stupid!! So I’m back!!”
    Our long national nightmare is over. Some idiot with nothing to say is tweeting again.

29. jibfest says: May 28, 2010 7:30 PM

Twitter is so stupid. For athletes its fine, I mean anything they can do to make people pay more attention to them, ok I get it.
    If you are just some schlub working and tweeting like anyone cares that you just posted, “getting paid minimum wage sux, just grabbed a hotdog”.

30. TimTheEnchanter says: May 28, 2010 9:04 PM

I am repeatedly amused by folks who tell us they think twitter is silly by POSTING COMMENTS ON A BLOG. Pot, meet kettle.

31. Geaux-Daddy says: May 28, 2010 9:33 PM

The “No Homo” thing started out as a hip-hop thing a few years ago, primarily among Cam’ron and his ilk kinda as a joke in the “that’s what she said” vein. It’s a pretty common piece of slang, among different sub-cultures as well.
    Search “No Homo” on youtube and you’ll kinda get an explanation.
    Sure, at it’s core it’s homophobic, but to act like Gerald McCoy is a raging bigot or something is a bit much.

32. Macadamia says: May 28, 2010 9:41 PM

MySpace, FaceBook, Twitter…when will it all end. Between ridiculous “social media” and reality shows I am really starting to believe that the movie Idiocracy wasn’t fiction at all and rather as prophetic look into our country’s future!

33. ToledoLions says: Jun 2, 2010 12:48 PM

@ Macadamia,
    It really is. When I first saw that movie a few years back I thought to myself, “wow, this movie actually seems to be dogmatic.” I mean with the continued decline and general disinterest in education and the growing mountains of landfills, some of which are the size of cities, we will soon be facing a future with garbage piling up in cities and a population too dumb to function as a society anymore.