Shockey out of hospital, plans to practice next week

New Orleans Saints tight end Jeremy Shockey is out of the hospital and ready to get back to work.

NFL.com is reporting that Shockey, who was hospitalized yesterday after suffering a seizure while lifting weights, told Saints officials that he intends to rejoin the team for scheduled offseason work next week.

Shockey was taken to the hospital Thursday and was described by a teammate as “out of it,” but by Thursday evening he was on Twitter telling fans he was OK.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
12 Responses to “Shockey out of hospital, plans to practice next week”
  1. MrHumble says: May 28, 2010 6:44 PM

A seizure from lifting weights…….passes out last year from drinking a few beers in the sun in Vegas and had to have his stomach pumped…..quite the contrast from all the “tough guy” tatoos and the tough guy image he likes to portray……. he spends more time on IR or in the rehab room than anyone else in football shockey is one big wuss!

2. Kay Bee says: May 28, 2010 6:52 PM

MrHumble says:
    May 28, 2010 6:44 PM
    ———————————————
    Could you play in the NFL?
    Oh…and you forgot to mention his Super Bowl ring(s).

3. robert ethen says: May 28, 2010 7:29 PM

Don’t blame the guy, I nearly have a seizure every time I’m asked to lift heavy weights too.

4. MrHumble says: May 28, 2010 8:38 PM

Kay-Bee…..I probably can’t play in the nfl but i can drink beer without calling an ambulance and I can certainly lift weights without suffering a seizure. and as for shockey’s superbowl ring(s), let’s not forget that he didn’t even play in the Giants SB win (I think he was “hurt” again, had a hangnail if i remember correctly, lol) and as for the saints sb win…….hell, even the “kicker” gets a ring and I guess they are called “football players”.

5. Plunketthead says: May 28, 2010 8:45 PM

Time to give up king alcohol, Jeremy
    I wish you luck although I dont think you have it in you.
    You can look forward to more violent siezures.
    Just be thankful you dont have to play the Oakland Raiders next year. Siezures would be the least of your problems after getting your arse stomed into a mudhole by the toughest defense on the face of the earth.

6. Burritto says: May 28, 2010 9:20 PM

I’d really like to find out more about this. I mean, I get living recklessly and having alcohol-related incidents, believe me, but seizures? I know a seizure isn’t the end of the world or anything, but SOMETHING caused it. If lifting weights caused seizures, the NFL would look just like those electric football games.

7. Franchise says: May 28, 2010 10:02 PM

Roids + booze + vicodin + weights = problems.
    @ Kay Bee
    Rings or not, the guy has been a bust in the league. Bigtime college player who talked more trash than Oscar the Grouch has yet to have a solid season in the NFL. Not one season over 900 yards, 75 rec, or 8 TDs. For the 14th overall pick? RIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!
    I bet he pawns his rings less than 5 years after he leaves the league.

8. MrHumble says: May 28, 2010 10:05 PM

shockey lives off of booze and pills……also just happens to be a good combo for “seizures”

9. Kay Bee says: May 29, 2010 12:21 AM

Well he’ll never have those numbers in the Saints’ offense, because of how Brees spreads the ball around. But…he has been valuable to the Saints…and he’ll win another Super Bowl before your team (probably the Vikings) ever win one.
    *He had a TD catch in Super Bowl XLIV*

10. jimmers says: May 29, 2010 12:35 AM

He was probably hanging out with Sebastian Janikowski and had a bad reaction to some ecstacy.

11. ItalianStallion says: May 29, 2010 1:31 AM

X marks the spot, Shockey…X marks the spot…

12. bspurloc says: May 29, 2010 10:43 AM

shockey went from iron man to powder puff….
    it is a shame