Roethlisberger will attend OTAs on Tuesday

Last week, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger received clearance from Commissioner Roger Goodell to return to offseason workouts in Pittsburgh.

Our friends at 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh report that Roethlisberger will show up on Tuesday to rejoin the preparations for the 2010 season.

Roethlisberger had been banished by the league from offseason workouts in April as part of his suspension for violating the Personal Conduct Policy.  His return hinged on satisfactory completion of a comprehensive psychological evaluation.

Moving forward, however, it will be Roethlisberger’s behavior that influences his availability to play football.  His suspension covers six games, but it could be reduced.  It also could be extended.

Permalink 62 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
62 Responses to “Roethlisberger will attend OTAs on Tuesday”
  1. ItalianArmyGuy says: May 31, 2010 2:27 PM

“Roethlisberger will show up on Tuesday to rejoin the preparations for the 2010 season.”
    – Save your energy for your Nevada court date Ben – I very highly doubt you will see the field this year
    MORE BYRON LEFTWICH STORIES, FLORIO!!!!

2. panthers34 says: May 31, 2010 2:33 PM

SHE SAID NO! SHE SAID NO! SHE SAID NO!

3. blitzburgh1 says: May 31, 2010 2:34 PM

slow news day, eh Florio?

4. blackglass says: May 31, 2010 2:40 PM

WHere are the Steelers holding their OTA’s? I want to keep my sister away from there, lest she get raped.

5. ChargerDillon says: May 31, 2010 2:45 PM

Who’s going to be there for him to rape?

6. brownsfn says: May 31, 2010 2:45 PM

RAPIST…
    That is all…

7. SamHam says: May 31, 2010 2:47 PM

8. this class sucks says: May 31, 2010 2:59 PM

I think the fact that it could be extended goes without saying. Goodell will only lengthen the suspension if Ben does something else, but if Ben did something else there would probably be a suspension anyway. I’m just saying, we all know he could be suspended again if he did anything else, it seems pointless to tack that on to every Ben related article.

9. oyoy84 says: May 31, 2010 3:03 PM

Hide the women & children

10. Nathan says: May 31, 2010 3:07 PM

“He’ll be fingering both of his Lombardi’s for all u fans of teams that don’t know what 1 looks like..”
    As long as that’s the only thing he’s fingering…

11. wild_eagle says: May 31, 2010 3:18 PM

Ben Rothlisburger rapes women

12. js136202 says: May 31, 2010 3:30 PM

Roethlisberger will only finger his Lombardi trophies if they ask him not to.

13. Ravenmaniac says: May 31, 2010 3:40 PM

As someone who has repeatedly called ben a diva…(which he is) and someone who has said he will need professional help….he has started on his recommended evaluations. Let him get back to practice and to the NFL. If he conducts himself properly he will stay in the NFL if he messes up he will be sitting out again.
    Personally, I think bens actions stem from him being a first class asshole off the field. Other than being a diva on the field, I have always thought ben was not that bad of a guy on the field. When he scores he celebrates within reason and does not cry for penalties very often. Unfortunately for steeler fans, guys like ben do not change very often off the field. Things will settle down and he will still have his status and more than likely will mess up. I hope he does not.
    Good luck ben…..

14. brownsfn says: May 31, 2010 3:49 PM

@this class sucks
    The only reason people have 2 favorite teams is so that they can follow which ever one is winning that year…
    You sir are what we call a FAIR WEATHER FAN…
    Who was your favorite team last year? Let me guess…the Saints…

15. civilwarfish says: May 31, 2010 4:10 PM

This Class Sucks
    You are hereby assigned the universal symbol of the wisdom you show us.
    Wear it well
    (_o_)

16. TryTheVeal says: May 31, 2010 4:14 PM

@ brownsfn
    ———————————–
    Well played Sir….I guess it’s just a coincidence that his two favorite teams have a combined 11 lombardi’s between them. That or he’s 12 years old….

17. HC says: May 31, 2010 4:15 PM

@this class sucks:
    You jumped on the bandwagon of not one, but two teams as they made championship runs – and then you have the gall to give other people and the teams they are fans of crap?
    Sad thing is you probably have no idea how ridiculous you just made yourself look with your comment.

18. Bazooka Joe says: May 31, 2010 4:20 PM

Only a dumbass trashy prick like “This Class Sucks” would try comparing rape and murder to excuse Ben Rapistburger’s actions.
    Son, let’s clue you in though I doubt your brain can handle facts.
    1. Ray was gulty of obstruction, not murder. So that wipes out your “attack.”
    2. Rape is much worse than obstruction of justice.
    Now as to your attack here “@blackglass
    Wisely you didn’t put your favorite team’s name in your username. So lets assume you are a…Ravens fan. Do you really have any room to talk about criminals? A player not being charged for a crime isn’t as bad as a player having to go to court on a murder related case. Murder is worse than sexual misconduct.
    Uh, the Steelers have had much more overall and recent brush ins with the law than the Ravens and Bengirls.
    So, take your yellow towel and shove it up that place on your body that has an enter sign: your ass.

19. Rasta says: May 31, 2010 4:51 PM

Being intelligent, of sound character, and morals are not a requsite of the NFL.
    Just don’t shoot yourself while scratching your balls in NYC,or kill a few dogs and you will be alright. MY GOD! I left out or test positive for GANJA.

20. dabarber says: May 31, 2010 5:10 PM

You can’t have two favortite teams you must be a woman or a frontrunner.
    Let me guess–if Pitt and SF were in a super bowl your favorite team would be the winner.
    Go back to cheerring for your favortie figure skater(s).
    _____________________________________
    this class sucks says:
    May 31, 2010 3:23 PM
    Like blackglass, I wisely don’t have my favorite team’s names in my user name. But that doesn’t seem fair so I will tell you: my favorite teams are the 49ers and Steelers. Both teams have their hangups, which you can feel free to go after. Before you ask; yes, the fact that my favorite teams have 5 and 6 Super Bowls does console me through even the worst times.

21. TheBottomLine says: May 31, 2010 5:13 PM

( o ) ( o )

22. CD_Ridge says: May 31, 2010 5:15 PM

As a Steelers fan, I must admit I am conflicted when it comes to Ben. Clearly he has acts like a tool to women, mix that with alcohol, you get what happened in GA. I do not know what really occurred in in that bathroom, I am guessing Ben and the college woman were too drunk to remember as well (see changed accounting of events in police reports). I do know that he provided alcohol to people not old enough to legally drink, which is why he was suspended without the serious charge/conviction of rape. I must see much better behavior off the field (meaningful charity work and humility) before I can move past this recent events.

23. Holeinone09 says: May 31, 2010 5:18 PM

Ravenmaniac, well and reasonably said by a true division competitor. Ben is taking his punishment without bitching and deserves his chance. If he blows it when off the field, then he will be out of chances with Steeler fans. Here’s to also hoping he finally gets the message loud and clear.
    This is a VERY LONG offseason and I am chomping at the bit for the season to start!

24. Rasta says: May 31, 2010 5:25 PM

dabarber
    you be fool My #1 team is de Dallas Cowboys My Second or #2 team be de Denver Broncos I can support both unless playing each other.
    LIVE SLO MON.

25. ArtModellsPimp says: May 31, 2010 5:38 PM

RAPISTberger.
    That is all…

26. ashamedsteelerfan says: May 31, 2010 5:40 PM

Just because Ben was never charged, don’t mean a thing. After the first accusation maybe you give him the benefit of the doubt, but, then the second incident. How can anyone give him the benefit of the doubt? You’ve got to be a moron to continue to support this guy. The only reason he wasn’t charged in Georgia was because the police bungled the investigation, like failing to seal off the crime scene for 30 minutes after the alleged act. The restroom was actually cleaned before the crime scene was processed! That’s a fact! Research it! It sickens me to think that the only reason the Steelers are keeping him is because of his huge contract. It was easy for them to dump that piece of trash Santonio Holmes. Now all Steeler fans are stuck with this garbage.

27. flake13 says: May 31, 2010 5:46 PM

panthers34 says:
    SHE SAID NO! SHE SAID NO! SHE SAID NO!
    You’re absolutely right. When the cop asked her if he raped her, she said “No.”
    Thanks for setting the record straight. There are a lot of confused people out there who are trying to defame the black & gold.

28. civilwarfish says: May 31, 2010 6:10 PM

Sorry Flake
    Ben defamed the Black and Gold. Twice. That we know of.
    He was not proven innocent. he simply evaded prosecution because he could afford to fight the allegations.
    Money works wonders. Ask Ray Lewis.

29. Otto Graham says: May 31, 2010 6:16 PM

BORING

30. Mister Fister says: May 31, 2010 6:28 PM

It’s real original to just call him a rapist, wow you guys are hilarious. At least try and make some creative rape jokes.
    The Steelers are still a much better organization than the Browns and the Bengals. Browns just hire no talent scrubs and for the Bengals it’s a plus if a guy has character issues. They take a guy who is one mistake away from serious jail time just so they can earn a bs reputation as a team that “turns players lives around”, what a joke.

31. blackglass says: May 31, 2010 6:37 PM

this class sucks says:
    May 31, 2010 6:21 PM
    I must have really hit some nerves.

32. RebaT. says: May 31, 2010 7:04 PM

One word describes Goodell, Rothlisberger and the Steelers… PATHETIC.
    I have been a Steeler fan forever. If Ben plays I hope they lose every game.

33. civilwarfish says: May 31, 2010 7:17 PM

Mister Fister…interesting name. Seems to me being a fister could have some off color connotations….yee haw!
    Funny…steelers hire ex browns for their HOF caliber people. Chuck Noll. Played for the Browns. Bill Cowher. Played for the Browns. Seems the Squealers took the quality imparted into these two men and rode that to their titles. Tomlin is a loser. Worthlessburger is a loser. They are riding the fastlane DOWNHILL.
    We arent calling Ben a rapist…that was done by the victims in these cases…the ones who didnt have enough money to outduel Ben’s money. His actions brought on the nicknames and the reputation. Where theres smoke theres fire.
    All teams have their warts. The Browns certainly have theirs. But the Browns have stopped hiring no talent scrubbs in case you didnt notice…and in case you missed it last time they played Ben ate turf…a lot. Browns won. First time in a long while…but first in a long string of successes. Watch and see…

34. mrogers18 says: May 31, 2010 8:22 PM

I wonder if I’ll be able to use Big Ben in Madden for the first month?

35. flake13 says: May 31, 2010 8:30 PM

civilwarfish says:
    May 31, 2010 6:10 PM
    Sorry Flake
    Ben defamed the Black and Gold. Twice. That we know of.
    —————————————————
    Did you sleep through civics class? Do you know anything about our legal system? A person is innocent until proven guilty. No one has to proved innocent.
    The woman in Nevada said in Emails, after the alleged rape that she wanted to have Ben’s child.
    The girl in Georgia told the cops that he didn’t rape her.
    Does this mean anything to you?

36. this class sucks says: May 31, 2010 8:34 PM

@blackglass
    I don’t think you get whats going on.

37. I HATE mike florio says: May 31, 2010 8:40 PM

You Fu__ing Pieces of Sh__ people that keep calling him a Rapist. READ the report you stupid Fu__s NOwhere will you find he has been charged with Rape.

38. Hoof Hearted says: May 31, 2010 9:24 PM

Florio and all you other idiots, let me remind you of what a wise man once told me. If you want to learn something about the circus, don’t listen to the clowns.

39. Ravenmaniac says: May 31, 2010 9:34 PM

Holeinone…I cant imagine..I know it has been a long offseason for you and other steeler fans. Like I have said, my brother is a steelers season ticket holder and when talking to him this weekend he was saying the same as you…..he can not wait to get the season started.
    July/camp is just around the corner!!!

40. Steelintn says: May 31, 2010 9:36 PM

panthers34 says:
    May 31, 2010 2:33 PM
    SHE SAID NO! SHE SAID NO! SHE SAID NO!
    ————————————————
    SHE SAID DTF! SHE SAID DTF! SHE SAID DTF!
    Go Big Ben and Go STEELERS!!!!!

41. Steelintn says: May 31, 2010 9:38 PM

brownsfn says:
    May 31, 2010 2:45 PM
    RAPIST…
    That is all…
    ———————————————–
    Not yet. He hasn’t played against and beaten your sorry ass excuse of a football team yet. But it’s coming. Just you wait…
    Go Big Ben and Go STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

42. salty says: May 31, 2010 9:44 PM

Throwing Picks, Assaulting Chicks! Get yours now!
    Too funny… now they need to make a “Taking Sacks; Groping Racks” or “Puttin’ Balls on the Ground; Assaulting some Mound” come on… I’m sure there’s more…

43. MrONE50 says: May 31, 2010 9:45 PM

OTAS must mean Oh Teen Are Sexier.. thus Ripsherburger would attend early

44. HC says: May 31, 2010 9:48 PM

[i]this class sucks[/i] has done what I thought was impossible:
    Unite fans of all 32 NFL teams (which ironically include the two he roots for) on this site and get them to agree on something.

45. Franchise says: May 31, 2010 9:49 PM

I hear they will be carding/IDing all females attending the Steelers training camp this year.

46. Free Ben 7 says: May 31, 2010 10:03 PM

Finally Big Ben has come back to Pittsburgh!!!! And to the dumbass Browns fan who says we stole Browns coaches….. CHILD PLEASE!!! The Browns could have had Chuuck Noll or Bill Cowher but Modell was not smart enough to hire them. The scary thing is Butch Davis is the best coach you had since your expansion team came back lol.

47. hamburglar says: May 31, 2010 10:04 PM

The real issue here is that James Harrison is a bigger dirtbag then Rapeholeberger and no one cares. Also, the Steelers last two Super Bowls have featured some VERY shady officiating.

48. lin1945 says: May 31, 2010 10:16 PM

Big mistake to let Ben return to practice this soon. Here we go again . . . enabling Ben to be the QB star when he has not served even one suspension game. He violated a young woman and another slap on the hand.

49. this class sucks says: May 31, 2010 10:36 PM

@HC
    I know right :) I would say I accomplished my goal.

50. Bed says: May 31, 2010 10:46 PM

Golly, how great to have Big Ben back.
    Obviously he didn’t rape anyone. If he had, he would have been arrested and in jail.
    After all, no criminal has EVER gone unpunished in the history of the country.
    And after all, every guy on here has been accused or rape at least 2 or 3 times. It happens all the time and for no reason at all.
    Ben’s just a great human who was wrongly accused simply because he happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time with his pants down.
    Nothing more.

51. rolli1967 says: Jun 1, 2010 12:53 AM

Steelintn says:
    May 31, 2010 9:38 PM
    brownsfn says:
    May 31, 2010 2:45 PM
    RAPIST…
    That is all…
    ———————————————–
    Go Big Ben and Go STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ———————————————–
    Hey Squeeler Fans and Steelintn,
    The Squeelers LOST to one of the more weaker versions of the Browns last year with Worthlessburger under center. The LAST meeting with the Browns was and we knocked you chumps out of the playoffs!!! Remember, this is “the what have you done for me lately” NFL and the Stoolers have not done squat lately EVEN LOSING TO THE BROWNS. LFMAO!!!How’s that for a SHIT sandwich Squeeler fans????
    I will LFMAO when the Browns knock a most likely very rusty Worthlessburger into next week after he comes off his suspension. Just wait until 10/17/10 and see!!! Times they are a changin Squeeler fans!!!

52. RebaT. says: Jun 1, 2010 3:17 AM

@flake13
    She wrote a letter saying she didn’t want to forward with the case. You moron!
    Men are the same… whore whore whore. Well let me tell you men are whores too! You loser!
    Get your facts straight or shut the hell up!
    Go Steelers and right up yours! You would like it I’m sure. The wife probably doesn’t put out but once a week, if that. You poor thing. Your favorite room is the bathroom!

53. DanRooney says: Jun 1, 2010 4:41 AM

Only reason Goodell is waiving the white flag is because all of the other teams in the league have been caught using steroids and HGH. Vikings, Redskins, Texans…Sean Payton.

54. Bdrunk says: Jun 1, 2010 8:50 AM

RebaT. says:
    June 1, 2010 3:17 AM
    @flake13
    She wrote a letter saying she didn’t want to forward with the case. You moron!
    Get your facts straight or shut the hell up!
    ————————–
    Seriously, if this broad (meaning RebaT.) has less than 6 cats and weighs less than 250 I’ll eat my hat.

55. Bdrunk says: Jun 1, 2010 8:51 AM

brownsfn says:
    May 31, 2010 2:45 PM
    RAPIST…
    That is all…
    —————–
    lol RAPE

56. badthings says: Jun 1, 2010 11:04 AM

# I HATE mike florio says: May 31, 2010 8:40 PM
    ——————————————————
    Ben is a sexual predator and everyone knows it.

57. Bdrunk says: Jun 1, 2010 11:20 AM

# badthings says: June 1, 2010 11:04 AM
    # I HATE mike florio says: May 31, 2010 8:40 PM
    ——————————————————
    Ben is a sexual predator and everyone knows it.
    ————————–
    Having any luck getting noticed?

58. badthings says: Jun 1, 2010 11:59 AM

# Bdrunk says: June 1, 2010 11:20 AM
    # badthings says: June 1, 2010 11:04 AM
    # I HATE mike florio says: May 31, 2010 8:40 PM
    ——————————————————
    Ben is a sexual predator and everyone knows it.
    ————————–
    Having any luck getting noticed?
    ____________________________________
    Well you seem to respond to all of my posts. Kind of like a stalker.

59. Roethlisberger's Bitch Tits says: Jun 1, 2010 12:35 PM

This Class Sucks:
    Having two favorite teams is like having two fathers….eh… not that there is anything wrong with that…..

60. Bdrunk says: Jun 1, 2010 1:02 PM

# badthings says: June 1, 2010 11:59 AM
    Well you seem to respond to all of my posts. Kind of like a stalker.
    ——————–
    Ah ok then, still just me that knows you exist. Sorry,I take weekends off, while I see your efforts have doubled.

61. RebaT. says: Jun 2, 2010 12:52 AM

Where was Ben’s polygraph?

62. Klytus says: Jun 2, 2010 1:21 AM

One small step of many to come. I’m wishing Ben success in the new life he creates for himself. Marry Natalie Gulbis!
    GO STEELERS!