Cold-weather Super Bowl talk is here to stay

The decision last week by the NFL to award the 2014 Super Bowl to New York/New Jersey has directly contributed to the create of a new topic for continuous discussions and debate.

Super Bowls played in cold weather.

People will keep talking about it indefinitely into the future, so we decided (especially in a relatively slow week) to talk about it in the recent past, on the set of PFTV, complete with a fancy new monitor graphic produced by our friends at NBCSports.com.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Miami Dolphins, New York Giants, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
15 Responses to “Cold-weather Super Bowl talk is here to stay”
  1. realitypolice says: Jun 3, 2010 1:06 PM

Awesome. I love me some cold weather super bowl talk. God knows we haven’t beaten this dead horse hard or long enough yet. Why burn all those calories thinking of something new to talk about? Nope, stick to the three R’s of meatball journalism:
    Repeat, Rehash, Regurgitate.
    Just make sure to get all of the key words in each article to keep the responses rolling in:
    Packers. Vikings. Cowboys. Steelers. Mike Vick. Brett Favre. Ben Roethlisberger.
    That should about cover it.

2. robert ethen says: Jun 3, 2010 1:15 PM

Roger is banking on the effects of global warming.

3. robert ethen says: Jun 3, 2010 2:06 PM

The event will now be known as the Super-r-r-r-r Bowl.

4. taylor2136 says: Jun 3, 2010 2:13 PM

I don’t see the big deal I mean if you can play regular season/playoff games in cold/bad weather outdoor stadiums to get there then why not.

5. Franchise says: Jun 3, 2010 2:13 PM

Every person who voted for it should be sitting next to the commish, 10 rows up on the 50 yard line, right in the thick of the elements.
    No boxes or suites, so they can TRUELY enjoy thier decision.

6. The Black Cat says: Jun 3, 2010 2:33 PM

@realitypolice You left out Tim Tebow.

7. BIG BLUE in tx says: Jun 3, 2010 2:52 PM

No amount of whining is going to change the fact that the 2014 Super Bowl will be played in New Jersey. I hope there’s a blizzard real fans will be there tailgating and having a blast. The teams will show up and play, the commercials will still air, the crappy halftime show might go the way of the dodo bird (or at least we can all hope), and if the rich corporate types who fill the stands can’t take the cold then us tailgaters will gladly take their seats. But I doubt the rich fans will miss it since the recent invention of coats, hats, gloves, and if you’re a girl, scarves. Some of you may have heard of them, I’ve even seen a few sold in texas. Apparently most of the nation thinks they are luxury items or haven’t been invented yet…

8. realitypolice says: Jun 3, 2010 3:52 PM

The Black Cat says:
    June 3, 2010 2:33 PM
    @realitypolice You left out Tim Tebow.
    =====================
    LOL.. My bad- how could I forget him?

9. parasonic says: Jun 3, 2010 3:56 PM

I think Goodell’s head would explode if the 2014 Superbowl was played by the Giants and the Jets.

10. whodey says: Jun 3, 2010 4:18 PM

if they are going to do Cold Weather SB’s, then they should rotate among all 32 teams for fairness

11. Bious says: Jun 3, 2010 4:44 PM

And when everyone sees the weather destroy the NJ Super Bowl, it will wither and die

12. therewasone says: Jun 3, 2010 9:11 PM

I say again. Like a turd that won’t FLUSH!

13. EverybodyGotsAIDS says: Jun 3, 2010 10:08 PM

After reading the headline, I thought you were launching a new website.

14. BLeedGreeN4Life says: Jun 3, 2010 10:34 PM

Wait, so is there a super bowl in New Jersey or something? excuse me I mean New York

15. kscogg says: Jan 26, 2011 3:34 PM

Finally! The SuperBowl should be about the teams and the fans…..I don’t give a rip about some corporate fat-cat and whether he likes the elements or not. Suck it up. Real fans should be there cheering, not these over-paid liquid lunch types. Its obvious when you watch a divisional playoff game (where the real fans are) and then the SuperBowl (where the suits are) that so many of the real fans aren’t at the big game. The SuperBowl has been dressed up way too much. Playing outdoors in the elements will bring back some of the true essence of the game.