Roethlisberger takes two questions from the media

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger took questions from the media after practice on Thursday.

Two of them.

Then, he was gone.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette was there, and he has transcribed Ben’s words.

Here’s the opening portion of his comments, per Bouchette:  “I appreciate it guys.  I know you guys have been waiting for a long
time to talk to me as I have to you.  I just wanted to make a quick, let
you guys know how good it is to be back on the field.  It’s been a long
time away, it’s been hard but I put a long time and effort and working
hard both on and off the field while I’ve been gone.  It’s not the same, I
love football to death.  But I think it’s meant more to be out here with
my teammates, my brothers, my family, if you will.  So that’s what has
really been neat about being back out here.

“I’ve put a lot of thought into my life, decisions that I’ve made in
the past that I’ve been sitting at home thinking about things.  I’ve been
working closely with the Commissioner on ways to make changes,
corrections.  So, I’m looking forward to the second chance and a second
opportunity, not just in football because I think everyone knows what
you’re going to get in football, but in life.  I think that’s what’s kind
of more important.

“Like I said I’m happy to be back out here, even kind of happy to see
you guys again.  So, maybe I’ll take a question or two.”

First question:  “You got a lot of public support from your teammates; do you see this as a new beginning?”  [Editor’s note:  “A lot of public support from your teammates”?  Really?  Maybe I’ve simply been asleep.  For three months.]

Answer:  “Yeah, it’s been great to read and hear from those guys, not just text
messages and calls they send to me but to read the things in the media
they said.  So I say it’s great to be out here with my brothers because
they really are family to me.  Like I said, I spent a lot of time
evaluating and looking at my life both on and off the field.  I think
this is time for me to kind of close the chapter of the last couple
years of my life and move on to a new one, kind of a new start.  I’m kind
of really excited about it.”

Second question:  “What kind of changes are you talking about that you want to make?”

Answer:  “A lot of them are personal things, you know, which is just something
that I need to do.  But it’s been neat being able to really re-evaluate
my life and spend time with my family and kind of re-evaluate and
re-figure what’s important in my life.  That’s me . . . evaluating what I
need to do and be smarter when it comes to certain things.  Like I said
it’s a new chapter and I’m looking forward to it and it starts with
football.  I’m glad to be back here . . .  I’ll be talking to you guys a lot
more.”

Sorry, but in cases like this there are no “personal things.”  If Ben wants folks in Pittsburgh to forgive and forget his Fuzzy Navel-fueled foibles, he needs to be candid, he needs to be blunt, and he needs to be real about the demons that led him to lead a lifestyle resulting in a civil lawsuit for sexual assault in Nevada and a near-miss My Cousin Vinny prosecution in Milledgeville, Georgia.

Though the fringes of the practice field may not be the best place to come clean, we continue to believe that Roethlisberger should sit down with former Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw for a brutal, no-holds-barred, one-on-one interview in which Bradshaw beats him up, and in which Big Ben takes it like Kevin Bacon.

Permalink 117 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
117 Responses to “Roethlisberger takes two questions from the media”
  1. PittsburghSteelerz says: Jun 3, 2010 1:35 PM

2 is more than 1. Cut him a break. He didn’t have to take any questions.

2. sergep says: Jun 3, 2010 1:36 PM

he wan’ts to change his habit of raping women.

3. PittsburghSteelerz says: Jun 3, 2010 1:39 PM

———————————-
    No, he needs to win. That’s it. Bring home more rings and all is forgiven.
    If he nevers wins another SB, this will be the defining momemt of his career. If he wins 3 more, it’s a footnote.

4. DemocratsAreStupid says: Jun 3, 2010 1:40 PM

Reporter: Are you still raping?
    Ben: Next question
    Reporter: Did you hear Terry Bradshaw died?
    Ben: From rape?

5. BillsFan27 says: Jun 3, 2010 1:41 PM

1. What was her name?
    2. How was she?

6. BigMikeSkinsFan says: Jun 3, 2010 1:42 PM

aaaaah…the mighty perfect Florio. You are barely a lawyer and your journalism skills are horrible. How you can try and criticize someone who is trying to make ammends for the things he has done by nitpicking certain words is a joke. Ben was probably nervous and not sure of what to say when he was hit with those questions.
    Get off your high horse Florio and try to do some real journalism for once.

7. AllThat says: Jun 3, 2010 1:42 PM

My Cousin Vinny? Really? These 2 yoots?
    Aniaml House? That was better.

8. CamLwalk says: Jun 3, 2010 1:43 PM

First thing….stop raping people!

9. tkebean says: Jun 3, 2010 1:45 PM

“If Ben wants folks in Pittsburgh to forgive and forget his Fuzzy Navel-fueled foibles”
    As a Steeler fan who was born and raised in Pittsburgh and still lives in Pittsburgh – Ben, you are forgiven…go win some games when you get back and all of Pittsburgh will be behind you once again.
    I do admit I may be a little easier to win over. I’m like the NFL Hall of Fame. I could care less what he does with/to women off the field as long as he’s bringing more trophies to the city that already has the most.

10. matthoover says: Jun 3, 2010 1:45 PM

This is all lip service. People like this don’t change, even if their public face does. Scumbag.

11. Diesteelersdie says: Jun 3, 2010 1:45 PM

Now if you’ll excuse me i have 5 women in the bathroom just waiting to get run through!

12. SteelCurtnDee says: Jun 3, 2010 1:46 PM

Florio it sounds like you just want some sort of juicy details to pleasure yourself to.
    We all know what supposedly happened, he’s said he’s re-evaluating his life and trying to move forward.
    I for one, don’t need him to tell him exactly what it is he did.

13. HC says: Jun 3, 2010 1:48 PM

Wow, talk about the media throwing him a couple of slow pitch softballs for the only two questions they get to ask.

14. SterilizeTHenry says: Jun 3, 2010 1:50 PM

I agree with PittsburghSteelerz. He just needs to win.
    Nobody cares about him being candid or blunt about his sexual adventures. Except maybe you Florio, you perv.

15. StevieMo says: Jun 3, 2010 1:52 PM

Rapethisberger is total scum. One of my least favorite athlete of all-time, and on a par with Lawrence Phillips and Rae Carruth as far as I’m concerned.

16. Bubby says: Jun 3, 2010 1:52 PM

All of Ben’s teamates support him 100%. I know because I am one of them. Florio stop with the BS comments or if I ever see you at the practice facility, I will rock you to the ground and make it look like an accident.

17. Norrec says: Jun 3, 2010 1:53 PM

Damn, from these comments, I guess I must have missed the part where he was convicted of rape. Can you imagine a rich famous person getting accused of something for a monetary gain? I know, sounds crazy to me too.

18. Kaz says: Jun 3, 2010 1:53 PM

Somewhere Tiger and Kobe, rolled their eyes….

19. ZombieRevolution says: Jun 3, 2010 1:53 PM

[Editor’s note: “A lot of public support from your teammates”? Really? Maybe I’ve simply been asleep. For three months.]
    Rather than these snide comments, PFT should be there to ask the hard questions. You know, instead of regurgitating things that others have done and commenting on them. Steve Smith wants to know…

20. Roethlisberger's Bitch Tits says: Jun 3, 2010 1:54 PM

Yeah its just great to be back with them (teammates), they have been really great in supporting me. NO HOMO.

21. connie says: Jun 3, 2010 1:54 PM

He showed and told me nothing new. He did say how great he is as a football player. But he has to do better as a person.How has he changed?
    What has he done? Tell us what changes you made. Pittsburgh suck up reporters can’t even ask a good question. God I wish I could
    ask just one maybe two or three they would be better than the ones the reporters ask.
    He is still a slob

22. MrHumble says: Jun 3, 2010 1:57 PM

He is taking the tiger woods approach…..just a little exposure at a time and hope it blows over. just like tiger, the raper had a controlled news conference and wasn’t going to allow any of the “real” questions be asked……but, 7 out of 10 are idiots and they will accept this little cameo appearance to say, “ok, let’s move on and let’s forgive the raper”.

23. pacificamike says: Jun 3, 2010 1:59 PM

Yeah Mr. Rapeherburger is super neato to narrowly escape felony rape charges!

24. ampats says: Jun 3, 2010 1:59 PM

Based on where he is at with the 6/4 game suspension, there is really no reason for him to have to speak to the media.
    After his suspension has been served, then is the right time for him to address the media.
    These professional athletes are under no obligation to speak with the media at this time of season.
    With that said, I think he is a jerk but find nothing wrong if he chooses not to speak at the present time,
    BESIDES he might say something to put his foot in his mouth. He’s not the brightest bulb on the tree.

25. Bubby says: Jun 3, 2010 2:00 PM

He did nothing wrong. Hotel hostesses in Tahoe and Vegas are whores!!!! And that college girl was a slut too. Bring me more Super Bowl trophies and more money. That is all that I care about.

26. axolotl says: Jun 3, 2010 2:02 PM

Baloney. He doesn’t owe any further explanation. Why do you want details about how he’s turning his life around…as long as he does, that is all that matters.
    He just needs to stop being a dick and to play well. Period.
    Who the hell do you think you are anyway?

27. robert ethen says: Jun 3, 2010 2:04 PM

“O.K., let’s have a couple questions. Underhand, please. No windup or spin.”.

28. Kaz says: Jun 3, 2010 2:06 PM

Get off your high horse Florio and try to do some real journalism for once.
    _________
    And he makes more money than all of us. Amazing with such pitiful skill set.

29. Biglardawg says: Jun 3, 2010 2:16 PM

He took one question for each woman he raped (allegedly).
    What a guy.
    Nice to see he lost the sexual predator hair cut.

30. purpleguy says: Jun 3, 2010 2:18 PM

He may be an arrogant dope that treats women like crap and deserves to be trashed for the rest of his life, but those quotes at least sounded sincere.

31. silverback says: Jun 3, 2010 2:26 PM

Where are all the hard questions for Donte Stallworth? You know, the guy who was actually CHARGED and CONVICTED of killing somebody? I mean why beat to death a story about a guy who made out with a girl who was DOWN TO F___, when there is a convicted murderer getting ready to play football this year on a team that already houses an accessory to double murder. Now THAT is the real story here!
    Get it right Foolio,

32. Frank Burns says: Jun 3, 2010 2:28 PM

Also, “ampats” continues to deny he defended Lawrence Taylor from ridicule, after claiming outrage over the Roethlisberger incident because ampats has a daughter.

33. Rev. Dr. HollywoodWags says: Jun 3, 2010 2:28 PM

Two questions:
    Do you want to take Moe Florio for a motorcycle ride on the South Side?
    What the hell is the deal with Moe’s haircut?

34. Bubby says: Jun 3, 2010 2:31 PM

Super Bowls are what it is all about.
    Banging bitches is just the spoils of war. Get over it.

35. Kaz says: Jun 3, 2010 2:42 PM

Norrec says:
    June 3, 2010 1:53 PM
    ________
    Twice in 9 months on top of that huh. Sheesh…. Where there’s smoke…..

36. CYGNUS X-1 says: Jun 3, 2010 2:45 PM

what excatly does he owe you or the media florio?he was tried and convicted by you and the media not the law.he answered to the commisioner and is doing what he was told to do.he does not owe you or the media anything more than has already been said.no matter what he says you will find fault with it so why would he bother to say anything more?he wants to move on but you won’t let him no matter what he does. I think it would be awsome when he came back if he only answered questions about football and nothing else.

37. TasteTheSteel says: Jun 3, 2010 2:46 PM

Wow SteveMO, thats kinda harsh don’t you think? Two made up stories of sexual assault, yet Rae Carruth murdered someone and was found guilty? It’s good you’ll never be on a jury considering you’ll be weeded out based on sheer stupidity.

38. badthings says: Jun 3, 2010 2:48 PM

Norrec says: June 3, 2010 1:53 PM
    _____________________________________
    Or getting accused THREE TIMES !

39. Kaz says: Jun 3, 2010 2:52 PM

Get it right Foolio,
    ___________
    No love for the Ravens, but Donte has taken full responsibility for his actions and has come out and spoke about them. Even Pacman for all he has done has faced the media and answered question after question.

40. 49erFanLivingInDallas says: Jun 3, 2010 2:54 PM

@ Bubby….
    PROVE IT!!!!!!
    Until you provide some proof that you are a teammate of his and that you’re on the Pittsburgh Steelers roster at this very moment, you are a complete liar. I’m sure you enjoy trying to make people believe that your a professional football player but, you should be able to provide some proof to back this up.
    All the things I tell people about me and who I claim to be, I can back up and provide proof for.
    Until then, you sir, are a liar.

41. tryagain says: Jun 3, 2010 2:59 PM

‘But it’s been neat being able to really re-evaluate my life and spend time with my family and kind of re-evaluate and re-figure what’s important in my life.’
    While trying to ignore the fact he used the term ‘neat’- why not ‘groovy’ or ‘rad’- I noted he mentioned his family. I do have some sympathy for them- especially his sister. It must be hell knowing that your big brother is nothing but a rich spoiled scumbag embarassment of a human that you yourself would avoid like the plague if only he weren’t your brother. Curiously did they (any of his family) ever come out and say anything about him during his last transgression?

42. steelcity79 says: Jun 3, 2010 3:00 PM

well, well, well.
    Here come are the morons that hate the city and the teams that play for it.
    C’mon, get em out. Rapistburger, Pig Ben, she said no, Girls in the bathroom waiting for him, Rape, rape, rape.
    Your intelligence levels wreak of ignorance. He made mistakes in his life, none of which were charged, tried, or convicted. His mistakes were morals and values mistakes. He knows he was wrong and he is doing what we all enjoy in life and that’s making amends and given an opportunity to do so.
    Ravens, Browns Bengals fans, keep wanting while we keep getting.
    And for you Florio, for the love of God, learn what a journalist is about, learn how to be a journalist.

43. robert ethen says: Jun 3, 2010 3:01 PM

Good thing Benji only took two softballs tossed at him. One more and he would have been out.

44. Kaz says: Jun 3, 2010 3:02 PM

Bubby says:
    June 3, 2010 2:31 PM
    Super Bowls are what it is all about.
    Banging bitches is just the spoils of war. Get over it.
    ____
    Typical Steeler fan. And they act like they are an organization with class….

45. Frank Burns says: Jun 3, 2010 3:03 PM

# badthings says: June 3, 2010 2:48 PM
    Norrec says: June 3, 2010 1:53 PM
    _____________________________________
    Or getting accused THREE TIMES !
    ————————————————–
    Each accusation less credible than the last.

46. Speed_Blue says: Jun 3, 2010 3:09 PM

“I’m kind of really excited about it.”
    ————————————————–
    Kind of really excited about it? He kind of really seems remorseful too….

47. DeVoodoo says: Jun 3, 2010 3:11 PM

What a sweetheart! Ben, you can rape me anytime.

48. 8ball says: Jun 3, 2010 3:12 PM

Headline: Steelers to sign Joren Van der Sloot.

49. Outlaw Jersey Whales says: Jun 3, 2010 3:13 PM

Bubby says:
    June 3, 2010 1:52 PM
    ————————————————–
    “All of Ben’s teamates support him 100%. I know because I am one of them.”
    Cue shower love scene score from “Psycho” (1960)
    ————————————————–
    “…I will rock you to the ground…”
    Shoving little old ladies to the ground doesn’t count. No matter how bad you want their purse. Florio is no little old lady.
    Besides, Florio always wears a disguise in public and carries a sidearm with the serial number obliterated concealed in the grimey folds of his ever-present overcoat.
    Pop it and drop it.
    He keeps them buried in the dirt floor of PFT HQ/mower shed.
    So, even if you recognized him, you wouldn’t stand a chance.

50. this class sucks says: Jun 3, 2010 3:14 PM

“a near-miss My Cousin Vinny prosecution in Milledgeville, Georgia.”
    >>>Implying that he was charged.
    I think one thing everyone on this site agrees on, Florio is a terrible writer. Even if you agree with his opinions, the way he transcribes them is that of high school junior taking newspaper class.

51. ampats says: Jun 3, 2010 3:17 PM

Frank Burns,
    What happened to my two teenaged daughters ?
    I find it interesting people FB that have nothing else to do with their time but scroll back months of PFT comments.
    Try to add something of substance when you post for once instead of constantly showing your inferiority complex by always attacking anyone who says something that you do not agree with.
    As I said before, it appears that you are a sad little man Frank Burns. Your comments only continue to make my point.

52. Other Bears says: Jun 3, 2010 3:18 PM

How can he SHOW you what he’s doing to turn his life around? As he clearly stated, he’s evaluating himself and what’s important to him. He’s working on getting his head right (the one his neck). If he’s trying to focus on being a good teammate, family member and citizen, there isn’t some test for which he needs to study or obstacle course for which he needs to train. He just needs to get right mentally.
    As he stated after his meeting with Goodell, he did nothing illegal, but his actions were immature and inappropriate. What he said was just fine. Furthermore, his cases aren’t all closed, so speaking about the events would be an excercise in very bad judgement. …something he’s trying to avoid exhibiting.
    All you whiners, including you, Florio, need to get off your high horses. When I was 28, if I had been a millionaire superstar drinking in the VIP section at a club with hot college chicks and a trio of gals sporting “Down to F–k” buttons came to drink and flirt with me, I may not have gone about things the way he did, but my priorities sure as hell would have been exactly the same – AS WOULD 99% OF ALL OF YOURS!
    If he’s serious about maturing, increasing the level of the public’s involvement in the process is the last thing he needs to do. Maturity is about changing how you ARE, not how you APPEAR. So shut the phark up about what he owes you!

53. badthings says: Jun 3, 2010 3:19 PM

steelcity79 says: June 3, 2010 3:00 PM
    well, well, well.
    Here come are the morons that hate the city and the teams that play for it
    _____________________________________
    What??? And you say “our intelligence levels wreak of ignorance.”
    What a maroon……..

54. badthings says: Jun 3, 2010 3:21 PM

Frank Burns says: June 3, 2010 3:03 PM
    # badthings says: June 3, 2010 2:48 PM
    Norrec says: June 3, 2010 1:53 PM
    _____________________________________
    Or getting accused THREE TIMES !
    ————————————————–
    Each accusation less credible than the last.
    ___________________________________
    Strange how he is the only professional athlete that this keeps happening to, time and time again….Huh????

55. DC_Bengals_Fan says: Jun 3, 2010 3:28 PM

“That’s me . . . evaluating what I need to do and be smarter when it comes to certain things. ”
    Yeah, when I think ‘Ben Roethlisberger’ that’s the first thing that pops in my head.

56. gyldenlove says: Jun 3, 2010 3:30 PM

The usual treatment from beat writers, you could almost hear the puckering and sucking noises.

57. steelcity79 says: Jun 3, 2010 3:33 PM

well, well, well.
    Here come are the morons that hate the city and the teams that play for it.
    Ravens, Browns Bengals fans, keep wanting while we keep getting.

58. Green n' Gold says: Jun 3, 2010 3:35 PM

Didn’t take him long to drop the “Brother or Family” card when talking about his teammates.
    Those are the same brothers you threw under the bus by your actions dumb ass!!
    It’s going to take more than laying off the donuts and calling your teammates “Brothers” to get their respect back.

59. Dogsweat says: Jun 3, 2010 3:39 PM

Ben’s IQ can’t handle more than two….

60. Frank Burns says: Jun 3, 2010 3:40 PM

# ampats says: June 3, 2010 3:17 PM
    Frank Burns,
    What happened to my two teenaged daughters ?
    ———————————————–
    No dude, you did what I claimed — defended Taylor after giving your big speech about Ben. Which included the whole line about having a daughter.
    Everything I’ve said is true.
    Nothing sad about it — except your own hypocrisy and being exposed as a fraud.

61. Frank Burns says: Jun 3, 2010 3:42 PM

# badthings says: June 3, 2010 3:21 PM
    Frank Burns says: June 3, 2010 3:03 PM
    # badthings says: June 3, 2010 2:48 PM
    Norrec says: June 3, 2010 1:53 PM
    _____________________________________
    Or getting accused THREE TIMES !
    ————————————————–
    Each accusation less credible than the last.
    ___________________________________
    ———————————————
    “Only” professional athlete this kind of thing has happened to?
    Huh?

62. kravenm3 says: Jun 3, 2010 3:43 PM

I like how all these media types spout off at the mouth about how celebrities “need” to do this and “have” to do that. Relinquishing the right to keep your trap shut is not a prerequesite for stardom. It just so happens that many famous people, in a variety of professions, choose not to do so in an attempt to stay in the public eye.

63. Mooch says: Jun 3, 2010 3:47 PM

Wonder what Ben would have said if Pittsburgh had a real sports reporter in town to ask a real question?

64. Danwhitmer says: Jun 3, 2010 3:53 PM

HAHAHA i love stinker fans, When all this broke all you people could do was cry about how much shame he brought the steelers, now all you can do is cry foul. It must be hard to have that much money and not be able to get a women to want to sleep with you. Instead you have to get under age girls wasted and try and rape them or at the VERY least take advantage of there intoxicated state.
    Sorry but when kids are looking up to these athleats then to me there personal lives have as much to do with them as there on the field play.
    Bubby says:
    June 3, 2010 2:00 PM
    All i can say about you is ….. ” TRASH ” and a “LIAR” you do not play for the Stinkers, LOL you are probably some 400lb fat guy who played high school ball for 1 year and gave up because it was to hard. If i am paying my hard earned money to watch a bunch of guys play a “Sport” and am paying there salaries then i want them focused on 1 thing …. winning. Not rapping women. Say what you want about the 3 CASES against him, it just goes back to what I said before. He has to get them drunk and rape/take advantage of them. It is sick to me.

65. BP says: Jun 3, 2010 3:59 PM

Ben says: “it’s been neat”????
    He thinks this is neat? LOL
    Once the damage control wears off he will be right back to his dirty tricks I’m afraid. No sense of real contrition in him.

66. Laxer37 says: Jun 3, 2010 4:06 PM

The guy took some questions and didn’t read from a prepared statement.
    Sounds like a small step in the right direction.
    Not sure what you were expecting Florio, but I’m sure Ben reads this everyday and is lining up your obligatory Terry Bradshaw tounge lashing right now.

67. Frank Burns says: Jun 3, 2010 4:06 PM

# BP says: June 3, 2010 3:59 PM
    ———————————————-
    So says the poster named “BP.”
    No sense of self-irony, have you dude?

68. jerseykingpin says: Jun 3, 2010 4:08 PM

badthings says:
    June 3, 2010 3:21 PM
    Frank Burns says: June 3, 2010 3:03 PM
    # badthings says: June 3, 2010 2:48 PM
    Norrec says: June 3, 2010 1:53 PM
    _____________________________________
    Or getting accused THREE TIMES !
    ————————————————–
    Each accusation less credible than the last.
    ___________________________________
    —————————
    HMMMMMMMMM THREE TIMES LEARN HOW TO COUNT ITS TWO TIMES And yes it happens all the time lets see 2 in mine THE BUS and Forster Its call $100mil + Its funny how the girl knew his ht weight to the point thats was the same stats thats on the Steelers site . It was off by a pound or a half of foot . Did say around so many pounds or apx 6 foot

69. Deb says: Jun 3, 2010 4:10 PM

Yes, Mike, Roethlisberger should address his ridiculously bad judgment and egomania in an interview with someone who’ll ask tough questions he can’t aw-shucks his way around. But not w/a civil suit and suspension pending. And not Bradshaw. Try “Nightline” or “60 Minutes.”
    You make valid points, then screw them up w/tabloid nonsense. Nevada was a one-nighter in a hotel room w/a woman over 30, and both were sober. She texted friends she wanted to see him again. How is that a product of his recklessness? The Georgia DA said they didn’t have enough evidence to make probable cause. These numbnuts may not understand that, but you should. That’s not a “near-miss prosecution.”
    Just stick to reality: High-profile NFL player lets ego run amok. Almost dies, but continues engaging in high-risk behavior w/no thought for himself or team. Is targeted by false rape claim, but he continues indiscriminate behavior. Poised leader on field, but off field is oblivious to responsibilities and determined to self-destruct, resulting in suspension. Does he genuinely understand the problem? Can he redeem himself? How?
    Roethlisberger’s truth is damning enough. You don’t need to keep implying anything else. I’m sure you don’t buy McNulty’s story. If you removed that supposed “prior bad act” and seriously reviewed the Georgia case on its own merits, you’d know he didn’t assault anyone there either.

70. Macadamia says: Jun 3, 2010 4:11 PM

tkebean says:
    June 3, 2010 1:45 PM
    You stay classy Pittsburgh.

71. jerseykingpin says: Jun 3, 2010 4:14 PM

Kaz says:
    June 3, 2010 2:52 PM
    Get it right Foolio,
    ___________
    ————————-
    HMMMMMMM They was charged and was looking from the inside out through bars . You made a good point with those two NOT!!!!!!!

72. jerseykingpin says: Jun 3, 2010 4:15 PM

Kaz says:
    June 3, 2010 2:42 PM
    Norrec says:
    June 3, 2010 1:53 PM
    ________
    Twice in 9 months on top of that huh. Sheesh…. Where there’s smoke…..
    ———————–
    The one happen 2 years ago she just came out with it MORON

73. Steelerbroad says: Jun 3, 2010 4:16 PM

“I’m kind of really excited about it.”
    “But it’s been neat being able to really re-evaluate my life ”
    ” even kind of happy to see you guys again. ”
    Kind of excited
    Kind of happy
    Been Neat
    What a dumbass……………..only a matter of time

74. Wartooth says: Jun 3, 2010 4:24 PM

What are you going to different Ben?
    “Try harder not to get caught.”

75. AllThat says: Jun 3, 2010 4:29 PM

@otherbears
    if I had been a millionaire superstar drinking in the VIP section at a club
    Dude, it was Milledgeville, Ga. The bar is in a strip mall……VIP section? That would be a rope hanging around a few rails…..

76. bigmouth says: Jun 3, 2010 4:29 PM

Florio, sometimes you really come across as a bafoon.

77. noll1 says: Jun 3, 2010 4:38 PM

The only rape Ben has committed is raping the AFCN for the past 6 years.

78. Frank Burns says: Jun 3, 2010 4:39 PM

You left out these gems…
    Q. “Ben what do you think of all the dumb asses out there who can’t see past a total lack of evidence, and live in their fantasy world where you actually DID what they want you to have done?”
    A. “It’s sad really. But then again, what do you expect out of the bottom-feeders on the PFT boards?”
    Q. “Any bottom feeder/dumb ass stand out?”
    A. “Yeah this ‘ampats’ clown. He claimed the reason he got so outraged had nothing to do with his jealous hatred of the Steelers. Even hid behind his daughter, pretending that was the motive. Then — and get this — when Lawrence Taylor gets busted in a room with a sixteen-year-old, what does Daddy Outrage do? Why he goes ahead and tells everyone not to laugh at poor Lawrence. I tell you, you can’t make this stuff up!”
    Q. “Wow, what a hypocrite and an idiot. Where else but PFT could you find scumbags like that?”
    A. “The local bus station bathroom, or leading a local boy scout troop I guess.”

79. BP says: Jun 3, 2010 4:43 PM

@ Deb,
    You cannot call it a “false rape claim”. The fact is we don’t know. The only fact we know is that we were told that the DA did not feel the case was worthy of prosecuting based on his judgment of the evidence. That does not necessarily make the claim false.
    Reality is this man has serious issues that must be addressed. From his statements I’m not convinced he is truly working for a change in his behavior. I’m seeing damage control and that’s about it. I honestly hope I’m wrong because he has come very close to destroying what could be a life most can only dream of. Not to mention the suffering he has caused, or may have caused to others because of these behaviors.
    @ Frank Burns, I have no idea what you’re trying to say.

80. troll_aikman8 says: Jun 3, 2010 4:51 PM

Should’ve been:
    Reporter: Did you know her age?
    Reporter: Why did you not wear protection?

81. Outlaw Jersey Whales says: Jun 3, 2010 4:51 PM

bigmouth says:
    June 3, 2010 4:29 PM
    Florio, sometimes you really come across as a bafoon.
    ————————————————–
    While I’m quite sure that one, perhaps two, individuals on this site agree with the spirit of this sentiment…
    the word is “buffoon”.

82. Other Bears says: Jun 3, 2010 4:54 PM

AllThat says:
    June 3, 2010 4:29 PM
    @otherbears
    if I had been a millionaire superstar drinking in the VIP section at a club
    —————————-
    The point I made doesn’t change. Putty-tang would still be priority #1 under those circumstances for most men.
    Hell, I’m married and it’s still the main thing on my mind most of the time. I just like mine the best!

83. ampats says: Jun 3, 2010 4:56 PM

Frank Burns,
    “no dude you did when I claimed”
    Is your grammar reflective of your education level ?
    Working on getting your GED ?
    Dude ( sorry but you sound about 14)
    Enjoy posting Frank, I have a clear picture of what you must be like. I won’t respond to a moron.

84. Frank Burns says: Jun 3, 2010 4:58 PM

Questions (Continued)
    Q. “So Ben, these PFT posters really got you laughing, in a sad way?”
    A. “Yeah and that’s not even the worst part. This ampats douche not only defended Taylor, he tried to DENY he ever told people not to laugh at him after he got busted.
    THAT’S just hilarious! Dude was like a roach or something, after you turn on the lights. All running and trying to hide and stuff. Tsk tsk.”
    Q. “Wow sounds like his whole false outrage thing really WAS about his jealous hatred of the Steelers, after all.”
    A. “Yep. Exposed. Totally exposed.”

85. Frank Burns says: Jun 3, 2010 5:06 PM

BP says: June 3, 2010 4:43 PM
    @ Frank Burns, I have no idea what you’re trying to say.
    ———————————————-
    Take it you haven’t been watching the news much lately — BP.

86. muchmaligned says: Jun 3, 2010 5:10 PM

jerseykingpin says:
    June 3, 2010 4:08 PM
    badthings says:
    June 3, 2010 3:21 PM
    Frank Burns says: June 3, 2010 3:03 PM
    # badthings says: June 3, 2010 2:48 PM
    Norrec says: June 3, 2010 1:53 PM
    —————————
    ————————————————————
    You have just done the same thing to the English language that Ben did to those women.
    Well done!

87. badthings says: Jun 3, 2010 5:25 PM

# muchmaligned says: June 3, 2010 5:10 PM
    jerseykingpin says:
    June 3, 2010 4:08 PM
    badthings says:
    June 3, 2010 3:21 PM
    Frank Burns says: June 3, 2010 3:03 PM
    # badthings says: June 3, 2010 2:48 PM
    Norrec says: June 3, 2010 1:53 PM
    —————————
    ————————————————————
    Well done!
    —————————————————
    That’s funny right there! Keep trying Frank.

88. Hanover Fist says: Jun 3, 2010 6:04 PM

PittsburghSteelerz says:
    June 3, 2010 1:35 PM
    2 is more than 1. Cut him a break. He didn’t have to take any questions.
    How bout if they just cut him and then break him?

89. Deb says: Jun 3, 2010 6:09 PM

@BP ….
    My mention of the “false rape claim” was specifically referring to Andrea McNulty and there’s significant evidence on file to indicate her claim is false.
    As for Georgia, the DA also said they didn’t even have enough evidence to produce probable cause–which means they had nothing. Bottom line: The accuser’s pelvic exam didn’t find evidence of vaginal intercourse. Vaginal rape was the only allegation. Penetration is the one requirement for that charge. No intercourse means no rape.
    Otherwise, BP, I agree with your concerns. Ben is in this mess because of his reckless, irresponsible behavior. Has this seriousness of the situation gotten through to him? Is he genuinely trying to redirect his life? I don’t know. But don’t read much into any comments he makes now. My guess is that he’s continuing to work with the therapist and that work takes time. For the immediate future his job is to stay out of trouble–and unless he’s completely brain dead, he will. But you don’t grow up or develop depth and character overnight.

90. salty says: Jun 3, 2010 6:24 PM

He took less questions than the number of chicks’ virginity he stole by raping them… Wtg fat ben

91. GB3Pack4 says: Jun 3, 2010 7:08 PM

“Sorry but in cases like this there are no personal things?”
    C’mon, there are ALWAYS personal things, categorically..
    I believe Ben’s been indulging in a variety of repugnant behaviors for a long time (talking about moral guilt, not legal here), and personally I’d be happy if he never uttered another word into a mike unless it were something like we worked hard and earned this wonderful trophy, I’ve decided to retire, I’m really grateful for the 20-year extension. the billion dollar contract and the invitation to the White House, or a bon mot of similar significance. I most definitely do not want to hear one more smarmy detail of his “love” life, nor his step-by-step moral rehab program. I’m bored by the subject and besides it makes me gag. Not to mention that I haven’t believed in the sincerity of a celebrity/athlete for a long time now. And that isn’t going to change any time soon.
    All that being said, however, even an athlete/celebrity in a situation like this has the right to retain a degree of privacy. He doesn’t stop being a person when he becomes a celebrity. In fact, you could say we can only hold him and others who indulge in these shenanigans to at least a medium-level standard of responsilibity, as long as we continue to regard him as a person among persons, entitled to a degree of privacy – not as a marionette.

92. edgy1957 says: Jun 3, 2010 7:10 PM

I nominate Big Ben and the Pittsburgh Press as the 2010 Sports Women Of The Year. Way To “Man Up” there guys. So afraid that the Rooneys will deny you access that you whored yourself out for the franchise.

93. Deb says: Jun 3, 2010 7:23 PM

@salty …
    ROFL …. Oh, so now they’re supposed be virgins, too? Right. How is life in Oz?

94. JunkYardDogg1156 says: Jun 3, 2010 7:35 PM

# Steelerbroad says: June 3, 2010 4:16 PM
    “I’m kind of really excited about it.”
    “But it’s been neat being able to really re-evaluate my life ”
    ” even kind of happy to see you guys again. ”
    Kind of excited
    Kind of happy
    Been Neat
    What a dumbass……………..only a matter of time
    —————————————————–
    Nice breakdown of his words – agree 100%

95. Danwhitmer says: Jun 3, 2010 7:53 PM

Kaz says:
    June 3, 2010 2:52 PM
    Get it right Foolio,
    You just made your self look like an idiot. I am guessing that is what is being said on your radio stations there in Pittsburgh? Stallworth WAS “charged” with Manslaugter BUT was not convicted of the charges. He came to terms with the victims family BECAUSE evidence showed that the man he hit was more than tripple the legal limit and was crossing a major road way in the dark ( J-Walking ) Stallworth was BARELY over the legal limit. ( this is all from the official statements, not my own words ) Police officers are on record stating that due to the area of the accident and the condition of the man crossing the road ANYONE including YOU would have, not could have but would have hit him if in the car. THAT is why the charges did not hold up and he was able to reach a deal in private with the family. Stallworth was CONVICTED of drinking while intoxicated that is why he spent 30 days in jail and has a suspended license.
    Ray Lewis made some bad judgement calls regarding the night in question. But from everything i have read he was acting in the moment. His friend jumped in the car with blood on him and said they are after me drive. I cannot say i would not have drove as well. The thing Ray did that I would not have done is throw the shirt away for the guy. That was a bad move on his part. But once again If i knew what had happened it would be hard to throw a life long friend under the bus. Not saying i would have done it just saying it would have been hard NOT to help even after learning of what happened. Ray told police he was not sure of what happened, or that he knew the full story. But in the long run i think it has made him a better person. He helps with conditioning of the Baltimore City Police Dept. , He has brought countless homeless people into the class to train right next to the police officer who use to chase them. All be it a small difference he has tried to make one. More than i can say I think Roethlisberger will do . I hope I am wrong, I hope he helps with awareness of such situations and puts some money where his mouth is. If he learns from his mistakes and tries to help others due to his misfortunes then i will gain respect for him. If not then it is forever lost. Not that I think he would care what a Ravens fan thinks lol

96. nflqb says: Jun 3, 2010 8:37 PM

“Sorry, but in cases like this there are no “personal things.” If Ben wants folks in Pittsburgh to forgive and forget his Fuzzy Navel-fueled foibles, he needs to be candid, he needs to be blunt, and he needs to be real about the demons that led him to lead a lifestyle resulting in a civil lawsuit for sexual assault in Nevada and a near-miss My Cousin Vinny prosecution in Milledgeville, Georgia.”
    Dude, stop speaking for the millions of stiller fans, tell the truth that your speaking for the 50 people that post on here and the same 10 people that call the radio show on espn Pittsburgh.

97. nflqb says: Jun 3, 2010 8:38 PM

98. BBB82 says: Jun 3, 2010 9:38 PM

Spending time with his family and re-evaluating…that sure is neat.

99. Klytus says: Jun 4, 2010 1:05 AM

Well Mr Florio whether you’ve been asleep 4 months is up for debate. The Steelers players have supported him though the support would be better described as tacit not overwhelming. It’s a tough situation. No one wants to appear as attempting to defend the indefensible.
    Ben screwed the pooch on his birthday. No pun intended. Perhaps this can be a blessing in disguise if Ben actually does make an effort to change his life. It won’t happen overnight but there seem to be some positive indications lately. Fingers Crossed.
    GO STEELERS!

100. JunkYardDogg1156 says: Jun 4, 2010 7:22 AM

@Danwhitmer
    Nice job on the Stallworth situation. Too many of the people that post here do no research, just read headlines & then draw conclusions & post opinions based on those headlines. Dante is a very poor example guys, try Larry Little, now that’s a guy that deserves more than what he got. Dante manned up which is more than 99% of athletes do when caught in one of these situations.

101. jibfest says: Jun 4, 2010 5:38 PM

Question 1: Do you like fatties?
    Answer: Of course
    Question 2: Does your ride hold four in the back?
    Answer: Two if their fat.

102. Bed says: Jun 4, 2010 11:17 PM

When will you people get it through your heads???
    If he wasn’t charged and convicted, he was innocent!!!
    Deb and I are the only ones who understand the law.
    No one has ever committed a crime and gotten away with it.
    Hence, Ben is innocent.
    I happen to know both women, and they both admit they are gold diggers.
    I also am the prosecutor on both cases and I must say there is no evidence.
    AND I was peeking the night of the actions and saw nothing.
    Ben has TWO RINGS. What do the rest of you have to show YOUR innocence?

103. Klytus says: Jun 5, 2010 1:00 AM

Dear Deb;
    I just wanted to say that I admire your creative prose. Your sentence structure is clear and easily understandable. Writing is about communicating and you do it very well. I have no doubt that this is not your finest work but one can still see a craft involved in the process.
    GO STEELERS!

104. weezilgirl says: Jun 5, 2010 12:13 PM

“Ben was probably nervous and not sure of what to say when he was hit with those questions.”
    Yes, let’s say that answering two hard questions is “nerve-wracking”.
    I have my doubts about Ben staying out of trouble. But if he does, it is going to be so neat!
    This guy is 29? Zippers work like gates. They are to stay closed most of the time.

105. Deb says: Jun 5, 2010 1:25 PM

@Klytus …
    Thank you. I feel the same about your posts. When I see your user name, I know to expect something thoughtful and intelligent. It’s a nice break from the usual bathroom humor and pointless ridicule generated by people who feel like big men because they’re hiding behind the anonymity of their computers.

106. weezilgirl says: Jun 5, 2010 2:53 PM

Yes, let’s say that answering two hard questions is “nerve-wracking”.

107. Deb says: Jun 5, 2010 5:31 PM

Yes, weezilgirl, we saw it the first time. That was cute … zippers/gates. What else did you want us to say? Other than pointing out that he’s 28?

108. RebaT. says: Jun 5, 2010 5:38 PM

Nice script. Who wrote it?
    A whole 3 months and now he’s “found” himself? Really? Is it THAT small?
    OMG.

109. Deb says: Jun 5, 2010 11:33 PM

RebaT., that was actually funny :)

110. Grumpy Old Man says: Jun 6, 2010 11:07 AM

I see the ignorant apologists are out in force again
    Pitiful…really pitiful
    Would love to travel to Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland to hear the chanting and jeers ben gets … and count the number of yahoos that wear #7 and support this sorry excuse of a man
    Get some class and cut this jerk

111. bcb171 says: Jun 6, 2010 1:43 PM

I just dont know if i believe many of these women that claim rape, while willingly being in the presence of these celebrity athletes or really any celebrity, that they do not know at all. And often getting drunk with them. I have to believe that most of these women are there for a certain objective. Ya know what I mean? When I was in college you could often tell which women wanted to, ya know, go there. By the way they were partying that kinda thing. It just leads me to believe that a lot of these guys are being set up for the civil suits. Surely not all but i bet its happened a lot. You cant possibly know unless you are one of the two parties(mostly). While, I do certainly hate ben because he plays for the steelers I just dont know if i hate him for the other stuff. I wouldnt want people to hate me if I was accused for crimes that I didnt commit. If he didnt commit them of course. I just cant believe he would be that stupid or mean spirited.

112. Deb says: Jun 6, 2010 3:53 PM

@Grumpy Old Man …
    I’ve spent a couple of months researching all the witness statements, police reports, civil complaints. Any time you want to debate the case facts, DNA findings, or anything official, I’ll be happy to do that.
    Roethlisberger has been a jerk, but he didn’t rape anyone. I wouldn’t defend a sex abuser–and will not support pretenders when ALL the evidence shows they are not victims.
    What’s ignorant, pitiful, and classless is people with the intellectual and emotional maturity of 10-year-olds making judgment calls without bothering to check the facts. Grow up.

113. badthings says: Jun 6, 2010 9:33 PM

Ben was not charged for raping anyone………………

114. Bed says: Jun 7, 2010 1:08 AM

Look, all you people need to get a life.
    I quit my job to dedicate myself to researching why Ben is innocent and between reading police reports and fawning over his pictures, I’ve become convinced that any girl who claims she doesn’t want Big Ben is a liar and a whore.
    Check the facts people.
    If you had the inside information I do, you’d realize that the girls tried to rape Ben! And if not for his heat inducing body (not to mention his steely good looks) he would have been the victim – not once but twice.
    You see, no one here is as smart as Benny and me so we understand it’s difficult for you to see the truth. Quit being 10 year olds who are upset that the Big Boy Ben wants me and would never try to do anything with those underage skanks that invites to his private room at bars.
    1000000% of the evidence shows that Ben is a hunk and that those girls are skunks.
    Grow TFU if you can’t understand the truth.
    Ben, I’m waiting!!
    And I won’t call the cops….
    PROMISE!!!!!

115. Deb says: Jun 7, 2010 12:44 PM

Aww … it’s my fave comedians: Bed, Bad, and Behind.
    Well, we know what makes Bad tick, but gee, Bed … that’s a lot of devotion from one man. In fact, the totality of your PFT existence seems to be devoted to me. Very flattering. Sort of like sending me flowers at all hours of the day and night. Ben’s not my type, BTW, so no need to be jealous along with the obvious gonad envy.
    XOXO

116. Sophia says: Jun 7, 2010 10:56 PM

Ben Roethlisberger & Steelers& Second Chance
    Here Ben Roethlisberger sits ontop the largest goldmine of lawsuits against the nfl and steeler franchise, state of ga, gbi, ect. as is possible, and with kindness shares a few words with journalists who are KNOWN for having the IQ’s of 10 year olds- Mr. Roethlisberger using a vocabulary he knows those mentally limited journalists comprehend..and Brouchette and Florio try to rip Roethlisberger to pieces again.
    The problem with Brouchette and Florio is that
    Ben Roethlisberger is smarter; he knows the value of interviews. Another QB, before my time, J.Montana was like that too. He sued the journalists and won big time.
    There is only one final interview on the entire scenario of two false accussations, that would be noteworthy: HEFFNER interviews ROETHLISBERGER.
    I wouldn’t waste the time to watch or read: oprah, king, or any other talk show host.

117. badthings says: Jun 13, 2010 11:35 AM

Sophia
    The problem with Brouchette and Florio is that
    ____________________________________
    So…….Joe Montana and PigBen are alike? Ya Ben knows the value of interviews when the interviewer is going to ask him about attacking women……..
    Heff & PigBen……….OK………your another Classy Steeler Fan…….