Dolphins owner Ross predicts Super Bowl berth

Dolphins majority owner Stephen Ross spoke at Miami Beach High on Saturday morning, and says he envisions big things for the Fins in 2010.

I think in February we’re going to be playing in the Super Bowl,” Ross said.  “[Coach Tony Sparano] thinks that, too.  So does every player on that team.  So I don’t think there’s any pressure.  You just got to go out and do it.”
The Dolphins finished last season 7-9, dropping their final three games.
Ross, a Michigan alum, is also high on fellow former Wolverine Chad Henne, who is entering his first full season as a starter.
“Chad has been the greatest quarterback University of Michigan has had,” said Ross.  “And I’m sure that I’m hoping, as is everyone else, that he goes down as the greatest quarterback in Miami Dolphins history — and you know what that will mean.”
That would mean Henne having a better career than Dan Marino.
“Chad Henne can handle pressure, that I can tell you,” Ross continued.  “He started at the University of Michigan as a true freshman, playing in front of 110,000 people and leading them to the Big Ten Championship as a true freshman.  I think the Miami Dolphins have a great quarterback for the future and I think everybody in South Florida is excited about what Chad Henne brings to this team.”
Henne’s agents just got plenty of ammo for his next contract.
Permalink 91 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
91 Responses to “Dolphins owner Ross predicts Super Bowl berth”
  1. FinfanJim says: Jun 5, 2010 12:44 PM

Our owner is an idiot.

2. GregJenningsFanClub says: Jun 5, 2010 12:47 PM

That’s great Mr. Ross, but that will still be a Super Bowl loss. Packers will dominate this year averaging 43 points a game. It’s gonna be ridiculous. 19-0 Baby!!!

3. smithopher says: Jun 5, 2010 12:48 PM

Imagine the Dolphins and Jets made it to the AFC Championship Game? That’d be sick. I don’t think Miami will make it that far this season though.

4. the_firm_09 says: Jun 5, 2010 12:48 PM

That`s no differnet than saying , the raiders are going to the super bowl ( joke ) .

5. LosDaddy says: Jun 5, 2010 12:50 PM

LoL I wouldn’t say an idiot. But he certainly is ambitious with his expectations. Having a better career than Marino (stats wise?). Games won? Super bowl W’s? Who knows, maybe? We’ve seen ‘lesser’ QB’s with rings *cough* Dilfer *cough*

6. Carolina Homie says: Jun 5, 2010 12:52 PM

I was wondering who my Panthers would be playing!

7. ☻☼CBS, FOX, ESPN, NFLN nbc says: Jun 5, 2010 12:54 PM

Don’t know about a Superb Owl appearance but playoffs and a dividion crown, yes.
    The Jest are overrated and the *18-1′s are on the decline. That amatuer squad in Boofalo is light years away from a .500 season

8. Niner Jeff says: Jun 5, 2010 12:55 PM

No starting quarterback and no solid OL is going to get them nowhere. Check out these 2010 early fantasy football draft rankings: http://www.fantasyfootballstarters.com/draftAnalyzer.jsp
    they don’t have a qb in site…

9. FinfanJim says: Jun 5, 2010 1:01 PM

No, our owner is an idiot. Orange carpet? Landshark Stadium? Can’t stop talking? Idiot.

10. Slow Joe says: Jun 5, 2010 1:05 PM

…then Ross finished his thoughts by saying, “And I also believe I’ll be marrying Heidi Klum while having an affair with Megan Fox. Wow, has anyone else noticed how strong this cognac is?”

11. patpatriotagain says: Jun 5, 2010 1:14 PM

Did I wake up and it’s April first?

12. lifelongphinfan says: Jun 5, 2010 1:16 PM

mr. ross would you please put your fingers on the pulse of your fan base.we fin fans are constantly bashing our hated rival jets about saying crap like that would you please stop talking and go back to writing checks. we thank you for your support.

13. Hap says: Jun 5, 2010 1:17 PM

“I like dreamin. Cuz dreamin can make you mine.”
    You have GOT to be kiddin me. He’s been spendin too much time with Ricky Williams.

14. trixstal says: Jun 5, 2010 1:17 PM

What’s he smoking?

15. Jon Evans says: Jun 5, 2010 1:18 PM

no quaterback and no solid ol? are you stupid?

16. Tryptich says: Jun 5, 2010 1:29 PM

Being the best QB in Dolphins history isn’t like some insane statement…. Dan Marino didn’t even win a single super bowl…. it really isn’t that unfathomable that eventually a qb is gonna replace him when he’s missing the most important stat for great quarterbacks.
    As far as the other comments… he’s just a fan, he’s not involved in the football decision’s so he really is just a fan who is overtly optimistic, who cares.

17. mrvega says: Jun 5, 2010 1:33 PM

he’s such an idiot….is been an idiot make u a billionaire..don’t think so…ima dolfan nd ive liked chad henne since univ of michigan…nd i kinda agree with mr ross

18. J-oh says: Jun 5, 2010 1:34 PM

i don’t know how this tool can predict that. If he’s basing this prediction on the Brandon Marshall acquisition, then he’s going to be disappointed when December rolls around and BMarsh is fighting with Henne and punting balls all around South Beach. He didn’t do anything of substance in Denver to help his team to the playoffs, he won’t do anything in Miami either.
    I guess the good news is Darrelle Revis and Jaryius Byrd can look forward to a bunch of INT’s when they play the Fish. Henne’s gonna get used to relying on Marshall too much and it’s gonna kill him like it did Cutler.

19. cgard_bills says: Jun 5, 2010 1:35 PM

And I am here to predict the Buffalo Bills starting left tackle will make the Pro Bowl.

20. joneildu says: Jun 5, 2010 1:35 PM

Did someone just REALLY comment that Miami doesn’t have an offensive line? Really? really? No, really?

21. plukk says: Jun 5, 2010 1:36 PM

haha yeah right they are an up and coming team but at least 2-3 years away from an AFC champion game let alone a super bowl

22. cgard_bills says: Jun 5, 2010 1:36 PM

Henne played like a disaster in big games at Michigan.

23. PBMaxx73 says: Jun 5, 2010 1:36 PM

Interesting, maybe the best QB while at Michigan but Henne will be hard pressed to be the best Michigan Alum . . . Tom Brady!

24. gazretired says: Jun 5, 2010 1:42 PM

Another rich blowhard.

25. NYMets says: Jun 5, 2010 1:44 PM

Ross, the Dolphins won’t be going to the Super Bowl during your lifetime or any other. But your confidence is so noted.

26. Ripp says: Jun 5, 2010 2:01 PM

NinerJeff needs to stop talking out of his A$$.
    I think making a prediction so early is not a very smart thing to do specially when you have questions at both OLB and FS. But hey how many people thought the Cards would make the SuperBowl when they lost to the Colts? So you never know.
    For you who don’t think Miami will not compete this coming season should take a second look. The only thing that kept them from beating the Colts was a dropped pass by Ted Ginn. In the Saints game it was the play calling and once again dropped passes that caused them that game. Now IMHO that is what separates good teams from bad teams and with that said Miami has upgraded its receiving unit, the head coach has improved and Miami did get a better Defensive Coordinator. They played the best teams tight last year lets see what they do this year with the improvements they have made.

27. JetsAreAJoke says: Jun 5, 2010 2:03 PM

Wow Niner Jeff,
    Your basing your comment on a fantasy football site? You do know what fantasy football is don’t you?

28. JetsAreAJoke says: Jun 5, 2010 2:05 PM

And if the jests can make it to the AFC Championship game last year with Sancheesy…….ANYTHING can happen.

29. digitalbath says: Jun 5, 2010 2:05 PM

wow really,best wolverines qb ever???,best dolphins qb,not sure on that one maybe they can deem him insane and take away his majority ownership

30. 305phinphan says: Jun 5, 2010 2:12 PM

# NYMets says: June 5, 2010 1:44 PM
    ——————–
    But let me guess, the Yets will? LOL The Dolphins are better than the Yets and they showed that last year when they swept that pathetic franchise. The Dolphins have a better chance of going to the Superbowl before the Yets do.
    Have fun watching the Yets try to have success in the run game this year and with no Thomas Jones or Alan Fanaca they will have to rely on Sanchez to throw the ball more than 20 times a game and when that happens it will be INT galore!

31. salty says: Jun 5, 2010 2:15 PM

Best QB at Michigan? Almost every Michigan alum I know HATES Henne because he could never beat OSU…. WTF? If someone can tell me where Ross buys his crack… It would be appreciated… Must be great stuff!

32. Tryptich says: Jun 5, 2010 2:17 PM

“Ross, the Dolphins won’t be going to the Super Bowl during your lifetime”
    I’m pretty sure Ross was alive the last time they went to the superbowl… even the last time they won it… so… yeah… another dumb Jets fan making ignorant statements.

33. Slow Joe says: Jun 5, 2010 2:19 PM

Probably the same amount of people who dream up fictional Super Bowls that never happened. But all kidding aside, my favorite Super Bowl was that classic Redskins-Steelers tilt. What a barnburner.

34. HarrisonHits says: Jun 5, 2010 2:20 PM

“Henne’s agents just got plenty of ammo for his next contract.”
    No it doesn’t, not unless Henne performs at an extremely high level. If they end up 7-9 again this year what the owner says in June won’t matter dick towards getting a new contract.

35. jaypeso says: Jun 5, 2010 2:20 PM

why do people judge qbs on super bowl wins. last i checked teams win super bowls. not to say qbs dont play a huge roll. the fact that marino didnt win a super bowl does not negate the fact that he is one of the all time greats.

36. Sdivine says: Jun 5, 2010 2:23 PM

I like what Ross has done for the fans down here but he needs to stay away from the players last year he pushed for Pat White to be drafted and now he’s saying Henne is the player in the league. Every team should expect to be playing in the superbowl his year, if you don’t expect to contend for a championship then your the Lions who defeat themselves mentally every year. I am a Dolphins fan and they will be contending for a championship, just not this season. I got Packers vs Ravens in the Superbowl this year.

37. j.e.t.s. suck suck suck says: Jun 5, 2010 2:33 PM

@NinerJeff…LMAO
    …and I bet you get your news from:
    someguywitharandomnewswebsite.com

38. Ripp says: Jun 5, 2010 2:38 PM

My bad it was the Steelers the cards lost too.

39. Venerable Axiom says: Jun 5, 2010 2:39 PM

Well I suppose “Peazy” must have rubbed off on Ross prior to his dispatching. Why board the same clown bus as Woody and Rex, when you’ve seen how many curbs it’s already bounced over? Parcells probably just sent him a text “they don’t sell insurance for that”.

40. JetFan in Miami says: Jun 5, 2010 2:39 PM

LOLLLLLLLL…
    “Mr. Ross, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. ”
    Miami Dolphins 2010 = 8-8

41. Ron says: Jun 5, 2010 2:50 PM

# NYMets says: June 5, 2010 1:44 PM
    ———————————————————
    HOW IRONIC COMING FROM A MET FAN

42. TryTheVeal says: Jun 5, 2010 2:59 PM

Now…..All Miami has to do is schedule Coastal Carolina,Akron,Eastern Michigan, and a few other pushovers and Henne will be bound for Canton…

43. Gelardia says: Jun 5, 2010 3:01 PM

How is this ammo for a new contract? There is only 1 deciding factor, performance. Ross can say whatever he wants and unless Henne performs, he won’t be a Dolphin for too long.

44. Maxzimus says: Jun 5, 2010 3:19 PM

Mr. Ross…
    I want our guys to make it to the “Bowl” as much as anyone- Yes, I do believe that we’ve made some strides to helping our team get stronger, and YES, we’ve dropped the ball on some
    occasions Especially with 1st rounders ..
    1988 Eric Kumerow Defensive end Ohio State
    1989 Sammie Smith Running back Florida State
    1995 Milner, Billy Offensive tackle Houston
    1997 Yatil Green Wide receiver Miami (FL)
    1998 John Avery Running back Mississippi
    2001 Jamar Fletcher Defensive back Wisconsin
    2007 TedTed Ginn, Jr. Wide receiver Ohio State
    Not to mention the Horrible picks of Pat White-Beck, and other names that seem to fade b/c of either not making the roster for forgettable performances.. Like Eddie (Who) Moore.. Not taking Anquan Boldin in 2003..
    Let’s not get ahead of ourselves and believe that we’re there yet … I last saw the Fins in a Bowl game I was 10 .. I hope to see them there again before I’m 40 .. Shut your mouth ROSS- Quit turning our team into a circus with these small portion owners.. All you’re doing is creating a mess that Parcells doesn’t want to deal with.. I’m a Fin fan.. But I’m a realist.. Go Fins- Let’s get the damn thing done!

45. FinfanJim says: Jun 5, 2010 3:40 PM

Now, my hatred for Ross’ big mouth aside, I will say Miami has vastly improved their WR and LB corp. And kudos to the Jets for playing well in the playoffs. But they got there on a gift and Miami swept them last year.
    So I still say Miami either wins the division over a transitioning Patriots team or gets the Wild Card right behind them…

46. HC says: Jun 5, 2010 3:44 PM

Every owner, coach, player and fan of every team [i]should[/i] believe their team is going to the Super Bowl; there’s nothing wrong with that.
    Saying that publicly for the world to hear is different from having that self confidence though.

47. GRpatriot says: Jun 5, 2010 3:47 PM

WTF is going on with the Fins ownership?
    Parcells must have lost control…?
    I didn’t know that ” The Imagination Center moved from Orlando? Did he clear this with Fergie?
    Everybody is 0-0 right now. Goals are fine, but really keep it inhouse for crying out loud! Peazy isn’t walking throught that door!

48. jerseykingpin says: Jun 5, 2010 3:51 PM

If I was a team owner DAMMMM I would put my ownership up to his saying I bet you don’t make the 2 round noless the SB . I guess he’s take’n the hip hop role since the rest of his owners are what J Low and the rest LMAO

49. Matt says: Jun 5, 2010 4:18 PM

I can only imagine the comments if they won 8 games last year. Some do their talking on the field.

50. Bious says: Jun 5, 2010 4:22 PM

What exactly is the problem with this?
    Probably every owner thinks this way except the Lions and Browns
    If they didn’t think this way, I would be more concerned
    Are we really mocking owners for confidence now?

51. TryTheVeal says: Jun 5, 2010 4:25 PM

To truly appreciate Mr. Ross’s words…..Read this again with ‘Wasted away again in Margaritaville” playing softly in the background….

52. ampats says: Jun 5, 2010 4:26 PM

Parcells can’t be too happy with the circus ownership atmosphere.
    Based on his statement, its pretty obvious that Ross got stoned with the Beach High grads.

53. JetsAreAJoke says: Jun 5, 2010 4:36 PM

I guess all you jests and patsies fans feel that if your team’s owner donated big bucks to their high school alma mater, you’d want them to go tell the kids that they don’t feel they stand a chance to go to the big dance? What a bunch of ‘tards!!!!!

54. Tryptich says: Jun 5, 2010 5:09 PM

I wasn’t saying Marino isn’t one of the all time greats, but the fact that he never won any super bowls means his image as greatest Dolphin’s qb has a huge hole that can result with someone coming along and taking that title.
    P.s. J. Lo isn’t a partial owner really, her husband is.

55. Macadamia says: Jun 5, 2010 5:11 PM

Sdivine says:
    June 5, 2010 2:23 PM
    I got Packers vs Ravens in the Superbowl this year.
    Both myself and Ravens new QB Coach Jim Zorn have a cheer for Sdivine’s prediction: HIP HIP…HOORAY! HIP HIP….HOORAY! HIP HIP….HOORAAAAYYY!!! :)

56. Jax says: Jun 5, 2010 5:33 PM

The Wildcat can only take you so far Sporano. Implement an actual pro style offense and then we will see.

57. SKINSFANTOM says: Jun 5, 2010 5:43 PM

and in similar news barack obama said that he is doing a good job as president.

58. Cambodian Breast Milk says: Jun 5, 2010 5:55 PM

Apparently the South Beach community has been letting him smoke from their pipe.

59. screaming sheep says: Jun 5, 2010 6:06 PM

Henne already has as many Super Bowl Championships as Marino, so he’s on his way.

60. kejji says: Jun 5, 2010 6:27 PM

Horseface really said that?

61. FumbleNuts says: Jun 5, 2010 6:48 PM

“Dolphins owner Ross predicts Super Bowl berth.”
    I predict J-Lo will sit on my face!

62. Bleeding Green says: Jun 5, 2010 7:35 PM

@ JetsAreBetterThanTheDolphins
    To call Jets fans retarded is simply inaccurate. Obnoxious, rowdy and passionate is more like it. Although I’ve seen plenty of assholes, for the most part Jets fans are extremely passionate and ensightful. I go to every Jets home game (even the one where you got your ass kicked in front of your boyfriend) and have been to Buffalo, New England and Miami. Joe Robbie, Pro Player, Cocaine Refuge Land Shark or whatever they call that shit hole, is the only place I wasn’t abused by obnoxious, rowdy and passionate fans. That’s because 51% of the people there were Jets fans. The other 49% didn’t speak English, papi.

63. rayray1284 says: Jun 5, 2010 7:56 PM

shoudnt every team predict a superbowl. im cool with it. should have faith in your team and believe.

64. JetsAreAJoke says: Jun 5, 2010 8:10 PM

@ Puking Green,
    You’re right. Calling jests fans retarded is doing an injustice to metally handicapped people. They have way more sense than any jest fan. That’s hilarious that you would belittle the Fins stadium and then mention that your whole family lives down in South Florida because they wanted to escape that trash pile you play in…..you know GIANTS stadium.

65. cy farnsworth says: Jun 5, 2010 8:45 PM

just so we’re clear:
    rex ryan predicting a super bowl berth = “shut up you fat blowhard”
    stephen ross predicting a super bowl berth = “why shouldn’t the owner be confident?”
    man some fins fans are stupid

66. Bleeding Green says: Jun 5, 2010 8:54 PM

@ JetsWillAlwaysBeBetterThanTheDolphins
    Why get personal with family comments? That just shows how stupid you really are. The “Jets play at Giants Stadium” jokes are more tired than the wildcat. I thought you were more intelligent than that but I should’ve known. You and Marino13 should really temper your jealousy. You both are clearly obsessed with the Jets. Orange and teal does suit you though, pansy.

67. Bleeding Green says: Jun 5, 2010 8:58 PM

@ JetsWillAlwaysBeBetterThanTheDolphins

68. JetsAreAJoke says: Jun 5, 2010 9:02 PM

@ Puking Green with Envy
    I can fully understand how you could be tired of the Wildcat since that scheme completely embarrassed your silly team on MNF and made your coach cry. Why would anyone be jealous of a team that hasn’t done anything in 41+ years? Are you kidding me? And talking about pansy colors!!!!!! Puke green and white are as gay as it gets. You really need to change your silly name too since you haven’t beaten the Fins in three out of four attempts and the one and only win last year was on a very lucky hail mary pass.

69. Bleeding Green says: Jun 5, 2010 9:03 PM

@ JetsWillAlwaysBeBetterThanTheDolphins

70. JetsAreAJoke says: Jun 5, 2010 9:04 PM

@ cy farnsworth,
    Ryan didn’t just predict a super bowl berth (which your owner also did but I think that is fine and they should), he predicted to go undefeated as well.

71. Bleeding Green says: Jun 5, 2010 9:05 PM

@ JetsWillAlwaysBeBetterThanTheDolphins

72. Bleeding Green says: Jun 5, 2010 9:08 PM

@ JetsWillAlwaysBeBetterThanTheDolphins

73. Bleeding Green says: Jun 5, 2010 9:12 PM

@ JetsWillAlwaysBeBetterThanTheDolphins

74. Bleeding Green says: Jun 5, 2010 9:20 PM

@ I’mAClosetJetsFan
    The Jets owned Miami for eight years prior to your flimsy 3 out of 4 nonsense. Miami can sweep the Jets every year if it means they get a shot at the big game and the fish are fishing. BTW, Miami hasn’t won “shit” in 37 years. You moronic douche bag.

75. Bleeding Green says: Jun 5, 2010 9:22 PM

@ I’mAClosetJetsFan

76. Bleeding Green says: Jun 5, 2010 9:25 PM

@ I’mAClosetJetsFan

77. 305phinphan says: Jun 5, 2010 9:40 PM

# Bleeding Green says: June 5, 2010 9:20 PM
    @ I’mAClosetJetsFan
    —————————-
    Why talk about history? Why are you only going back 8 years? The Dolphins have won MORE Superbowls and AFC East titles than your sh1tty Yets have.
    We go back two year because that’s when are new regime took over and last year was Rex Ryan’s first year with the Yets. Are you that big of a moron not to realize that?
    Just because the Yets got a easy trip into the playoffs (which your own head coach thought that you were eliminated) they won a couple of games because the opponents kickers failed to show up to the games you think that your team is a power house? LMAO!!!
    The Dolphins will continue to whip that azz every year and you losers will continue to say that the Dolphins suck even tho we own you guys. Good thing the commish made it to where you have to play division rivals the last game of the season because even he thought it was BS how the Yets got in.
    All you NYJ fans are the same. A bunch of ignorant cesspool idiots that talk that pathetic franchise up like they are going to win it all and they finish with a 2-4 record in their own division! GET A LIFE TOOL!

78. Bleeding Green says: Jun 5, 2010 9:56 PM

@ 305phinphag
    Never said the Jets were a power house. And if I wanted to hear from douche boy’s little sister, I would have called you. Monday Night Miracle, dickhead.

79. 305phinphan says: Jun 5, 2010 10:10 PM

# Bleeding Green says: June 5, 2010 9:56 PM
    @ 305phinphag
    —————————–
    You are a f@g. Don’t get mad at me because you come on a DOLPHINS post and you feel the need to put in your ignorant input. You Jet Ph@gs act like your team actually won something last year! Did you guys win the Superbowl? LMAO NO…..Did you guys win the division? NO……..So why do you losers continue to talk crap to a team that swept your crappy team last year?
    If the Yets beat the Phins last year I wouldn’t even think about talking crap to a teams fans that just swept my team the year before. Go run your fat mouth with your trash fans just like you, no Dolphin fan wants to hear a f@ggot like yourself talk a bunch of nonsense you obviously know nothing about.

80. jcjets says: Jun 5, 2010 11:50 PM

Dolphins are trying to be like the Jets. Lol.
    And someone should tell this guy that his team choked the playoffs away last year.

81. texasPHINSfan says: Jun 6, 2010 5:02 AM

:facepalm:
    Shut up, Ross.
    He IS an idiot, but he’s from New York so I guess that makes sense. We’re not winning the freaking Superbowl, come on.
    Ugh, I miss Wayne Huizenga.

82. JetsAreAJoke says: Jun 6, 2010 7:18 AM

@ puking green
    Gotta make up excuses already? Monday Night Miracle? The only miracle is that they embarrassed that #1 ranked defense with the Wildcat and made your stupid coach cry. Just like all you stupid jests fans cried when your coach wrote them off with 4-5 weeks left in the season. ‘Tard.
    @ jcjests
    Trust us, NO ONE would try to be like the joke of a franchise. As for choking the playoffs away, sorry that no team laid down for them the last two weeks to gift them into the playoffs like those jokes that beat an incredible TWO teams with winning records (and one of those same teams destroyed the jokes the 2nd time they played).

83. Backlund in 2012 says: Jun 6, 2010 8:33 AM

TryTheVeal says:
    June 5, 2010 2:59 PM
    Just don’t schedule Appalachian State.

84. FinfanJim says: Jun 6, 2010 12:29 PM

@ jcjets
    Dolphins are trying to be like the Jets. Lol.
    ____________________________________
    Dolphins trying to be like the Jets? You mean after guys like Calvin Pace getting all pissy that Miami used the Wildcat to beat them and then the Jets started using the same thing?
    Choking away a playoffs last year? How about the last 5 games we played were against team fighting to get in the playoffs while the Jets were playing teams laying down and resting their starers…
    Amazing how Jets players and fans all have very selective memories…

85. Kris Jenkins is a Grizzly Bear says: Jun 6, 2010 1:01 PM

henne isnt a big game quarterback. 0-4 vs ohio state and 1-3 in bowl games.

86. SeattleFinFan says: Jun 6, 2010 2:39 PM

Dear Jets Fans,
    Please review the following point of view, in the first person:
    I am spending millions of investment dollars on talented players. My team has a strong heritage. I employ proven and currently successful football minds to run the operations of my club. Our QB has a rifle for an arm. Hm mm, he has the potential to surpass the best one ever in our heritage. Our defense has a new proven coordinator and a few players of pro bowl caliber. I am very satisfied with our personnel moves. Our fans are loyal and look at how these High School students react to my team. Dang!
    Dolphins majority owner Stephen Ross speaking at Miami Beach High on Saturday morning,
    Ross: Do you young kids want some inside news about THE FINS!?! … Crowd roar: YEAH!!!! Ross: “I think in February we’re going to be playing in the Super Bowl,” “[Coach Tony Sparano] thinks that, too. So does every player on that team. So I don’t think there’s any pressure. You just got to go out and do it.” Ross continued: “Chad has been the greatest quarterback University of Michigan has had,” “And I’m sure that I’m hoping, as is everyone else, that he goes down as the greatest quarterback in Miami Dolphins history — and you know what that will mean.”
    Crowd ROAR!! Wild excitement from the anticipation of potentially enjoying the fun times the teams greatest player brought to the game on Sundays. Awesome times, enjoyed with friends and family. ‘Hootie and the Blowfish’ playing in the background, lots of beer and barbecues and the beautiful girls wearing their skimpy Miami Dolphins bikini’s… kissing and hugging whenever the Marks Brothers scored another TD.
    This time we will have a defense to take us to the promise land…
    That’s the point of view, so please continue to piss on our parade, that way, if it happens, you’ll be even more sore about yourself.
    I have been a Fin Fan since 1970 one year before the Jets won it in Miami and I can see the Jets winning the big game this year, it could happen. I am preparing myself, in case it does. You all know Margarita-ville, it’s a quiet place where nothing much can bother a person, particularly with all the beautiful hotties in bikinis kissing ya!
    So Yuck The Fn Yets!!!!

87. marinofreakout says: Jun 6, 2010 6:57 PM

as a fins fan i dont mind this because i truly feel its not so far fetched.
    early in the season last year the dolphins stayed real close against really competitive teams (saints, colts, patriots).
    not to mention sweeping the jets (who think because of last seasons afc champ appearance they are superbowl bound) and beating the patriots.
    at the end of the year they played teams all contending for a playoff spot. some they won, panthers, jags, some they lost, steelers, texans.
    as someone pointed out earlier, that is the difference between a good and great team (winning close games against great teams, and not losing important games). after having addressed our two biggest holes with great players in marshall and dansby, and henne getting another year of experience and an added probowl weapon, its not too far fetched to say the dolphins can make it. i saw every henne snap last year, kid is a G. rocket arm and has poise.

88. jibfest says: Jun 7, 2010 12:14 AM

I thought he was giving his Superbowl prediction. I then realized he was serious. Bollocks.

89. overkil2 says: Jun 7, 2010 9:44 AM

“texasPHINSfan says:
    June 6, 2010 5:02 AM :facepalm:
    Shut up, Ross.
    Ugh, I miss Wayne Huizenga.

Dude, why do you miss that idiot? Look at the terrible decisions he made as far as hirring front office personnel and coaches. He is a big reason the Fins were in the toilet. Remember Waandstadt? Everyone knew he was an idiot and a terrible coach and he still got the job here. His drafting was atrocious and it just got worse with Saban and Cameron afterwards.
    F— Huisenga!!

90. Alan511 says: Jun 7, 2010 1:30 PM

seriously jets fans??
    jets afc east crowns 68,69 98, 02 4 lmao
    Dolphins afc east crown 71,72,73,74, 79,81, 82,83,84,85, 92,94, 00, 08.
    The dolphins are of the most winngest football team in nfl history, look it up. Was first until last year, dalles is .01 ahead for winning percentage)
    how many losing seasons has miami had?? might want to look that up as well.
    miami went 11-5 with Fielder at QB, lamar smith at rb, and gasden at wr? shit we went 9-7 with fielder, jj johnson at rb and tony martin leading wr. miami jsut does it like that.

91. Marino13 says: Jun 8, 2010 4:59 PM

“Bleeding green” – you are such an asshole its actually funny!