Josh Sitton calls allegations against Brandon Underwood "bogus"

With all signs pointing to authorities in Lake Delton, Wisconsin not charging Packers cornerback Brandon Underwood with the sexual assault of two women, Underwood is starting to get some support from his teammates.

“I know Underwood is innocent when it comes to any legal issues,” guard Josh Sitton
said, according to the Green Bay Press-Gazette.  “That’s my personal opinion about that.  Legally, my opinion is
that he didn’t do anything wrong or whatever.  The allegations are very
bogus.”

Sitton isn’t happy about the situation, and it’s not clear whether he directs any of his frustration at Underwood.

“Just to have my name tainted is disappointing,” Sitton said.  “I’m the
most disappointed that our names even got out [in public] because there
are no allegations against us. . . .

“It’s crazy because I wouldn’t change one thing I did that night.  Really, every little thing is watched and can get out.  You’ve got
to watch every step.  I couldn’t have done one thing different.  I was
put in a room and [in another room] something stupid happened.”

Sitton had more.

“I’m a man of high character and high values and I don’t stand for any [expletive] like that.”

Frankly, I want that quote on my tombstone.

Permalink 47 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Legal, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
47 Responses to “Josh Sitton calls allegations against Brandon Underwood "bogus"”
  1. Sleazy Snake says: Jun 7, 2010 11:50 PM

Go! You Packers! Go!

2. judaspriest83 says: Jun 8, 2010 12:11 AM

Easy Big Fella! You’ll have plenty of time to take out your frustrations on the Vikequeens D-line this fall.

3. vikes_favre says: Jun 8, 2010 12:12 AM

Just another perk of being an NFL Player in Packerland. This has been going on for sometime now. Packer players could murder someone and get away with it. It’s unfortunate the NFL just let’s it slide too.
    I’m sure there is more to this story but it’s not being released. These Packer players are nothing but thugs that need to be watched.

4. rovibe says: Jun 8, 2010 12:19 AM

Here’s another quote for your tombstone: “Here lies Josh Sitton. Brett Favre beat him 4 times in 2 years…”

5. Contra says: Jun 8, 2010 12:27 AM

Yea whatever. You guys threw him under the bus, scattered, and are now trying to mend fences. Nice try guy.

6. The Great Purveyor of Logical Ineptitude says: Jun 8, 2010 12:40 AM

Wow. Sounds like ‘roid rage. Or maybe ‘rrhoid rage.

7. robert ethen says: Jun 8, 2010 12:49 AM

“Here lies Florio. He no longer stands for any ****”.

8. Phlyin reallll high says: Jun 8, 2010 12:50 AM

Joshy definitely hopped on the sloppy 2nds

9. c.carterhof says: Jun 8, 2010 1:02 AM

This guy Sitton is a genius.
    ” I was put in a room and [in another room] something stupid happened.”
    Sitton had more.
    =====
    Ok, really? You were put in a room, and then what? Another room? Why didnt you leave that room?
    A man of high character would have left that room, or maybe not have entered that room at all.
    And then you say you dont stand for any $hit like that. Like what Josh?
    You said , “Legally, my opinion is that he didn’t do anything wrong or whatever.”
    Whats legal in ‘your opinion’ Josh?
    This guy belongs in Green Bay!
    I hope this Underwood kid is innocent. Its a shame if not. I also think its a bad idea to let Mr. Sitton speak on his behalf.

10. Green n' Gold says: Jun 8, 2010 1:06 AM

No possible way Underwood gets charged in this case. It’ll go away by thursday. Next…

11. The Devil says: Jun 8, 2010 1:08 AM

packers are all a bunch of whiners and crybabies. they all think they are the greatest. They are the greatest in a small town, small market, have not won a big game in 13 years and counting market.
    No, I am not a MN fan – so lay off the comments.
    No I am not a Bears fan so lay off those also
    I am simply speaking the truth about your team your franchise and your city. the city that simply no player wants to be drafted or forced to sign into. the only place worse than GB is Buffalo.
    Big fish in a bathtub that will never appreciate what they have; playing in a stadium that is outdated for 20 years and lacking even the most modest of facilities.
    it sucks to be you green bay

12. benjua says: Jun 8, 2010 1:09 AM

Sitton is one of the most underrated guards in the nfl. nice to see he has a strong personality he’s willing to show as well.

13. sven_ftw says: Jun 8, 2010 1:15 AM

Frankly, I want that quote on my tombstone.
    ————-
    LOL! what class.

14. Jhub12 says: Jun 8, 2010 1:19 AM

Just a couple of dumb broads not smart enough to make a real living trying to make an easy buck. Unfortunatly, their attempts are at the expense of this young man’s family.

15. gute says: Jun 8, 2010 1:22 AM

Maybe Underwood sexually assaulted Sitton or the other way around. They are Packers.

16. robert ethen says: Jun 8, 2010 1:23 AM

These gals appear to fall into that peculiar sub category of MILF known as the MYDWFAW.
    Mothers you don’t want to (fool) around with.

17. FriarBob says: Jun 8, 2010 1:54 AM

18. Ray says: Jun 8, 2010 2:23 AM

Sitton is quickly becoming one of my favorite players with all of his priceless quotes. Unlike a certain Packer that now plays for the Vikings that everyone perceived as just as an average Joe, he truly seems like a guy you could sit at a bar and have a beer with.

19. MrNatural says: Jun 8, 2010 5:37 AM

Favre leaves and the whole state goes to hell!

20. trademcscab says: Jun 8, 2010 5:40 AM

where did this happen?? wisconsin?? lol the middle of the country is only for people who gave up on their dreams…….. good luck findin a chick worth havin sex with in that horrible state….even southern trailer trash would rather bang their sister than roam the bars for slam pigs in wisconsin

21. steelerfan9598 says: Jun 8, 2010 6:36 AM

Doesn’t matter. You have to suspend him anyway.

22. GBPackers says: Jun 8, 2010 7:09 AM

# vikes_favre says: June 8, 2010 12:12 AM
    ===================================
    You know, Viking fan, you are absolutely correct. When you have such a historic franchise, such as the Packers, that is so rich with success, not even Goodell himself has the baggage to give us a black eye. He makes his “points” with lesser teams.

23. GBPackers says: Jun 8, 2010 7:15 AM

# rovibe says: June 8, 2010 12:19 AM
    ====================================
    “Then upon visiting Minneapolis, we visited the Hubert Humphrey Metrodome, a one time home for the Los Angeles Vikings.”

24. silverback says: Jun 8, 2010 7:43 AM

Bogus rape claims with no files charged means we all get to call him “Rapistwood” and he gets a 6 game suspension right?

25. JimmySmith says: Jun 8, 2010 7:57 AM

I hated when all the Steeler fans attacked that GA girl and acted like Big Ben did nothing wrong. So this might not ever rise to the level of sexual assult but clearly Brandon Underwood is of suspect moral character given he is a married man with children and paid threesomes are not what his wife signed on for.
    The women in this case make it harder on the real rape victims and there should be justice for anyone falsely accussed. I recommend that these two women be forced to attend Viking games at the Homerdome. I realize this falls into cruel and unusual punishment but we have to put a stop to this.

26. PULL&SEAL says: Jun 8, 2010 8:07 AM

No charges? Viking fans everywhere are crying harder than they were after the beat down New Orleans gave em.

27. Ty Redofbuck says: Jun 8, 2010 8:19 AM

Cue the Packers are criminals v. Vikings are criminals crowd.
    And then cue the Minnesota residents are unemployed losers crowd v. Wisconsin residents are obese crowd.
    The only way this thing will be decided is if it’s done in an NFC championship game this season.

28. RC IV says: Jun 8, 2010 8:34 AM

IF he is innocent, he is still married and the father of 3 children.
    I’m sure you packer fan turds will absolve him of that, right?
    Biggest hypocrites on the face of the planet.

29. tryagain says: Jun 8, 2010 8:47 AM

FriarBob says: Isn’t is a bit of an oxymoron to call yourself “high character and high values” and then use language that has to be censored later in the same sentence?
    I don’t mind the cussing but calling yourself that is like calling yourself classy.
    I also like how he ‘know’s dude is innocent because it’s his ‘opinion’.
    Athletes are such idiots and skanks- in general. I guess that’s why the ones that seem to have any brains are so refreshing.

30. PurpleIsForGays says: Jun 8, 2010 8:50 AM

steelerfan9598 says:
    June 8, 2010 6:36 AM
    Doesn’t matter. You have to suspend him anyway.
    ————————————————-
    On what grounds spongehead? Since when is it illegal to have sex with some tramp who asks for it? Just because she got a little greedy and was hoping that Underwood would toss a little cash her way to shut her up, doesn’t mean that he did anything wrong.
    And don’t even begin to put this on the Rapistberger scale, until Underwood becomes a repeat offender, and a shitty quarterback, they don’t belong in the same conversation.

31. green&bold says: Jun 8, 2010 8:58 AM

Wow Vikings fans. Its obvious you are looking to ANYTHING that you can possibly attach an insult or accusation to. You are stretching it to the extreme and none of you have any idea of what you’re talking about. Florio finally posted above what I said yesterday. The allegations were bogus. You can try to conjure something up but you’re doing a piss poor job.

32. Hornung's Tumbler says: Jun 8, 2010 9:23 AM

Hmmmmmmm, anyone remember that Love Boat story from a couple of years ago? All Queens fans can cease to comment now. Thank you for playing.

33. Asswipe Johnson (Pronounced Az-Wee-Pay) says: Jun 8, 2010 9:27 AM

Mike Florio said:
    Sitton had more.
    Frankly, I want that quote on my tombstone.
    —————————————————-
    I’ve met very few lawyers or ex-lawyers who are “men of high character and high values”….then again most men consider themselves to be something they are not.

34. Kimble says: Jun 8, 2010 10:14 AM

Nice comments by the Devil, but perhaps he missed the recent renovation of the stadium. I’m surprised by that because a busy guy like you viewing this webiste at 1:00 am obviously has a lot going on. Wherever you live must be much more exciting than Green Bay. I love how people always say Green Bay is a place no one wants to play for but yet we’re a playoff contender year in and year out and have the most world championships. You probably just wanted to speak your mind because all you get to say all day is “Would you like to supersize that?” Go Pack!

35. RC IV says: Jun 8, 2010 10:15 AM

Hornung’s Tumbler says:
    June 8, 2010 9:23 AM
    ==================================
    You remember the “Aunteater” Mossy Cade?
    Packer fans can cease commenting now.
    Thanks for playing.
    Not to mention, you have a screen name of a guy that was suspended for gambling……..
    Idiot

36. lars thorwald says: Jun 8, 2010 10:42 AM

The problem, of course, is that the alleged victims have changed their story. That will hurt their credibility, and absent any other evidence, will likely result in no charges being filed.
    Whether Underwood is guilty, or whether these ladies were looking to get paid, w may never know. I’m sure some folks will make up their minds based on whether or not they like the Packers.

37. packers4life says: Jun 8, 2010 11:14 AM

“Biggest hypocrites on the face of the planet.”
    Viking ‘fans’ are the ones calling Packer fans crybabies even though Viking ‘fans’ do the exact same thing. Who are the hyprocrites now?
    Now go find an article about the Saints and continue your crying about getting your asses kicked by them.

38. RC IV says: Jun 8, 2010 11:23 AM

I didnt call you a crybaby, I called you a hypocrite. Find a dictionary and see if you can figure out the difference.
    I beg to differ on the ass-kicking, they lost by 3. In overtime.
    They did lose though. I congratulated them on winning. I didn’t whine about refs or anything.
    I took exception to the ass kicking statement, only because the game was close. It was not a rout.
    But, with a name like Packers for life, I don’t expect you to understand anything.
    Packers for life in reality means you have no life.

39. RC IV says: Jun 8, 2010 11:24 AM

I beg to differ on the ass-kicking, they lost by 3. In overtime.
    Packers for life in reality means you have no life.

40. Calistin says: Jun 8, 2010 11:50 AM

Vikings trolls are so funny. You all say the same thing, and most of the time you are wrong.
    Vikings want to be the Packers, and never will be. They will never have the same respect, talent, team unity, or fanbase that the Packers have, and boy does that make Minn fans mad.
    Jealousy is an ugly monster that has a firm grip on the state of Minnesota. We forgive you though, I would feel inferior too, worshipping a bunch of no talent losers in purple (If my team choked that much they’d prob wear purple too), while a far superior team in the state next door outshines everything my team did.
    At least we borrowed you our QB for a season or two to give you a mild taste of success. You are welcome, but don’t let it go to your head.
    Silly Vikings, championships are for Packers.

41. Hornung's Tumbler says: Jun 8, 2010 1:28 PM

RC IV – I do remember Mossy Cade, and I also remember the charges against James Lofton.
    Obviously, you remember the Love Boat story too. Which is funny, because you would think in times like this that story would be brought up ever time. Maybe it’s because those weren’t woman trying to extort players. It was just players being absolute slimeballs.
    But, what I remember even more is that our neighbors to the West lost 4 Super Bowls. And, the QB we finally shipped out of town couldn’t get them to the 5th one. It was a thing of beauty to watch him self destruct for another team two years in a row.
    Yes, my screen name may be named after a player who had his vices. The funny part is that Paul Hornung was a better player than anyone the Queens have ever had.
    Well, maybe I should just change my screen name to LONG LIVE GARY ANDERSON AND THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY!!!!!!
    Or, maybe I’ll change it to 12 Championships.
    Wanker

42. Supersuckers says: Jun 8, 2010 1:56 PM

RC 4,
    Cade was immediately signed by the Vikings after he was let out of the clink. They KNEW he was a rapist when they signed him.

43. Hornung's Tumbler says: Jun 8, 2010 3:19 PM

Super – great point. Now that just tags that franchise perfectly!

44. Hornung's Tumbler says: Jun 8, 2010 3:20 PM

Super – great point. Now that just tags that franchise perfectly!

45. RC IV says: Jun 8, 2010 4:37 PM

Hornung’s Tumbler says:
    June 8, 2010 1:28 PM
    Or, maybe I’ll change it to 12 Championships.
    Wanker
    ========================
    Or, you could change it to : I live in the Past because I dont have a future?
    We are supposed to let you just rip the Vikings when things happen to them and just shut up when the packers get in trouble?
    Get real idiot.
    Super, he served his time, did he not?
    Vick got a 2nd chance, Rapistburger will.
    WHy not Mossy Cade?
    Hornung was an average RB that was surrounded by good players. Jim Taylor was the better player.

46. Hornung's Tumbler says: Jun 8, 2010 5:45 PM

RC IV – It is the Packers history and past that makes them the greatest franchise in the NFL. It is the Queens history that make them one of the most fun to joke on and easiest targets in the NFL. But I am an idiot when you cannot comprehend that it is the history and past that makes franchises what they are today?
    Enjoy watching your loser franchise in one of their last years in the Twin Cities. Just think, once they move to LA there is a clean slate on history.
    Hornung only had the NFL record for season point total until 2006. He scored 170 points in 12 games. Yeah, he was pretty average. Held the record until LT broke it. Remember that guy, LT? He was the one who passed on the Queens offer to sign with the Jets? I wouldn’t want to be in that backfield with the two biggest chokers in the league either.

47. RC IV says: Jun 8, 2010 8:44 PM

Hornung:
    CAR
    893
    YDS
    3,711
    AVG
    4.2
    TDS
    Taylor:
    1941 8597 4.4 83 TDS
    He wasn’t even 1/2 the running back Taylor was.