Revis will attend minicamp, Mangold unsure

D. Revis2.jpgThings on the Darrelle Revis front improved this week after he attended voluntary workouts and the Jets raised their latest contract offer to him.  He’s going to attend mandatory minicamp next week, but that doesn’t mean he’s above vague threats about the future.

Revis promised “changes” if progress stalls.

“You’ll know. It’s not going to be hidden,” Revis said. “This is the
time where I need to look at what I did here for three years. If things
are not the right way, I need to sit back and view my career and see
where I need to go from here and move on.”

We can only guess that change could include a training camp holdout.  That remains a possibility for center Nick Mangold, who remains undecided about showing for minicamp.

“We’ll put it at 50-50. You never know,” Mangold said. “Got to get
through the weekend and make our decision on Sunday.”

We haven’t even mentioned David Harris and D’Brickashaw Ferguson, who are part of the newly dubbed “core four” in New York.

“The Jets need to pay their guys,” Revis said. “I might not get paid
this year. I might. We’ll see.”

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
19 Responses to “Revis will attend minicamp, Mangold unsure”
  1. McDBoss says: Jun 10, 2010 4:11 PM

you have a contract….you signed it…..suck it up!

2. Marino13 says: Jun 10, 2010 4:15 PM

Awesome…want he fully prepared for the upcoming season so when Marshall, Bess Hartline and Camarillo leave him behind there wont be any excuses by retarded jet fans that he still is ready to go….its gonna be fun – good times indeed!

3. SomeFans says: Jun 10, 2010 4:15 PM

Wow, they are really working on building Great Team Chemistry up there in noo jersey aren’t they!? Wonderful management and a solid job of winning over their players…. oops.
    (Maybe the ones that show up for work?)
    This is the reality of selling your soul to the devil and “attempting” to buy yourself a title when you’re unprepared. This “win now” is all the jests have done (poorly) and will backfire in their faces- good times to be had by all. Lots of their players on the open market!
    “The Jets need to pay their guys,” Revis said. Sounds like a happy camper to me…not.

4. BrownsClown says: Jun 10, 2010 4:17 PM

Who cares!
    What about my man Braylon?
    Why can’t the JETS show the man some love?
    “Hands of Stone” has led the NFL in drops for the past three years. That’s gotta be worth somethin! Poor boy can’t afford to buy his friend Donte a drink anymore! So low on cash he be thinkin about trading in the Bentley for a Prius! (He don’t think much; “hands of stone” has a “head of air”. Needs a car because he can’t even catch a cab! His friends want him to sell his medicine; he don’t need it because he can’t even catch a cold.
    Give the man what he deserves!
    Show some love!

5. JetsAreAJoke says: Jun 10, 2010 4:26 PM

BrownsClown,
    You crack me up.
    The jests better pay their players so they don’t have the excuse that they were unhappy (when they go 7-9 this year). It amazes me that the Fins played teams with a 143-113 record and the jests played teams with 132-124 record and were gifted TWO games at the end of the season. Then, they barely win two more games than the Fins and they all act like they should just cancel the season and give the Lombardi to them now.
    SAME OL’ JESTS!!!!!! It’s in their DNA.

6. 305phinphan says: Jun 10, 2010 4:30 PM

I think Jet fans need to quit raiding the Miami Dolphin blogs and worry about their own team. For a team that is getting so much hype to “win it all this year” those players are putting themselves first over the team. This is only the beginning as the season moves along look for this team to implode.

7. Cro-Mags says: Jun 10, 2010 4:43 PM

Jets organization is more worried about selling PSLs than winning games.

8. ampats says: Jun 10, 2010 4:45 PM

Great more schoolyard banter.
    123456,
    trailers and cardboard boxes.
    Brownsclown,
    new post please. Point taken, Braylon Edwards can’t catch a cold and is sure to drop 2-3 passes per game.
    Did anyone see the Mets newest pitching phenom ? Rex might be better than anyone on that staff !
    J
    E
    T
    S
    You know the rest.

9. djbambam says: Jun 10, 2010 6:54 PM

JetsAreAjoke says:
    —————————————————-

10. HellRelle24 says: Jun 10, 2010 7:13 PM

lol look at this
    somefans
    305phinfan
    marino13
    jetsareajoke
    are u guys nothing u are basically the only ones commenting on this blog…holy shit its starting to get real pathetic.
    jetsareajoke ur brains are in ur ass if u think we are winning 7games lol
    everyone of these guys are going to be signed, this is a buisness and this is how it works. jesus christ sit back for a f**king minute and think about it before jumping right to conclusions and hating like you guys do so very well

11. HellRelle24 says: Jun 10, 2010 7:20 PM

im just glad you guys are expecting the jets to implode…its not gonna happen, not with the coach we have who the players LOVE. (blah blah hes fat) go ahead thats the only shit u have.
    and are you dolphin fans not embarassed by marino13? he actually thinks revis isnt a good player, if i was a fellow miami fan i wouldnt even want him in the same group as me let alone posting for the benefit of my own team…this kid is absolutely ridiculous, and or drinks or smokes way too much.

12. HellRelle24 says: Jun 10, 2010 7:36 PM

i know edwards obviously drops balls…but do u guys not realize his play making ability opens up the whole offense so he is not as “useless” as you think..
    and also he is not a good blocker, he is a great blocker…yes im sure he drops some catches that should absolutely be caught but he also makes catches that 90% of the recievers in the nfl couldnt make. luckily ur boy bmarsh isnt in that 90% because obviously he makes some plays.

13. NYJALLFINGDAY says: Jun 10, 2010 8:05 PM

They’ll get paid. Jets are pinching as many pennies as possible, however. Booooooo. Very funny though, Ginn was the only guy to burn Revis this year, so now every Miami reciever can do it. Comedy by the mentally challenged, for the mentally challenged. Hey SomeFans, the Jets aren’t the only team with players holding out. Your bias is showing!

14. 123456 says: Jun 10, 2010 8:05 PM

Jets article….first 7 posts are Dolfag fans and the 8th post is a senile Cheatriots fan
    NY JETS 2010 Superbowl champions
    Jets articles are like the flame for retarded moths LOL

15. NYMets says: Jun 10, 2010 8:36 PM

When the Jets beat the Ravens on the first Monday night of the season there will be nothing but peace and harmony.
    And when the Jets beat Miami in week three, to go 3-0, a fun time will be had by all. (Except for Miami)
    2010
    Jets ………. 12-4
    Pats ……… 9-7
    Bills ………. 6-10
    Blowholes . 5-10
    And you heard it here first on Roller Derby.

16. Venerable Axiom says: Jun 10, 2010 10:40 PM

Just a little bump (or island) on the way to the Super Bowl I suppose. A mini-camp with a bunch of happy campers. Although I’m not clear about what he means by “move on”. Mangold is 50/50… well that’s sort of committed. Sounds like the team’s best players are all on the same page this off season.

17. Spiny Norman says: Jun 11, 2010 12:09 AM

This is all so amusing.
    Revis said, “This is the time where I need to look at what I did here for three years. If things are not the right way, I need to sit back and view my career and see where I need to go from here and move on.”
    Wow, three whole years? That is quite a career. You are a Hall of Fame lock, Island Boy.
    “The Jets need to pay their guys,” Revis said. “I might not get paid this year. I might. We’ll see.”
    Umm, …Darrelle, you are getting paid this year. And the next. And the one after that. To the tune of $21,000,000.
    [sigh] Jests fans, did you enjoy you run of luck in 2009? I sure hope so.

18. Marino13 says: Jun 11, 2010 9:42 AM

HellRelle24 – why am I not surprised by ur stupid ass comments – I never said Revis isnt good moron, never said that at all. If ur confused by the saying overarted then let me help u out since u need a helmet and a short bus. They are 2 other corners who are better then him that dont get nearly the hype as revis does b/c he plays in NY who over hypes everything. When Smith and Davis surpass Revis as a better corner they wont get the recognition b/c they dont play in NY – Understand dumbass?
    NYMETS – I amshamed to say I a mets fan because you are a complete jackass

19. JetsAreAJoke says: Jun 11, 2010 6:18 PM

“Actually for people with brain cells its not that amazing…….We got to play the dolphins so of course the jets opponents don’t have as many wins as the dolphins opponents.”
    Now, that’s just plain hilarious!!!!! Coming from a team that couldn’t hope to beat the Fins.