Aaron Rodgers talks trash to teammate on Twitter

Aaron Rodgers is rapidly becoming one of the most entertaining players in the NFL.

First Rodgers ripped Tony Kornheiser, and then he went on Twitter to call out a Green Bay Packers teammate over the news that the USC will have to vacate all its wins from the 2004 college football season.

“Looking forward to getting my PAC-10 championship ring from the ’04 season. Thanks @claymatthews52,” Rodgers tweeted, per the Post Crescent.

Packers linebacker Clay Matthews redshirted the 2004 season at USC, when Rodgers was in his final season at Cal. USC won the Pac-10 that year, while Cal came in second.

111 responses to “Aaron Rodgers talks trash to teammate on Twitter

1. Hey, when you are a stats king you have the right to talk trash……..when you win something that’s actually important, you talk intelligently…..and people listen.

2. Aaron Rodgers is phenomenal. I don’t understand how he has all this time to use twitter, play football, AND play Ryan on “the office.”

3. Ya cause a Pac-10 championship ring would really mean a lot…. That’s like winning the NIT in college hoops, you’re still an ultimate loser for facing a bunch of nobodies. I hope Clay Matthews goes into a roid rage and rips Rodgers big head right off his body. I can see a career ending injury happening to this pile of trash this season at the hands of the Lions.

4. This is NOT news. Aaron Rodgers is just goofing around with a good friend and your making it look like he’s an a$$hole. Leave the guy alone, he’s a good kid.

5. His knack for interceptions and fumbles at key points in the game, along with his inability to avoid a sack, make him one of the most entertaining players ON the field too.
    Thanks Aaron!!

6. And that’s about the only ring Rodgers will ever have even though he didn’t outright win it.

7. Although I thought he was a little out of line with the TK stuff, I gotta admit, that’s pretty damn funny.

8. Given the back-and-forth between their Twitter accounts, it’s pretty obvious that they’re joking around and not talking trash.
    Clay Matthews: “I love this dude @AaronRodgers12!! Quietly emerging as 1 of the most outspoken QB’s in the NFL… That’s my quarterback *T.O. cry*”

9. Looks like one guy just messin’ around with his buddy and teammate. I wouldn’t read too much into it other than that.

10. I wonder how many will consider this “eyebrow raising” saying OMGSCHISM?
    Sounds like a guy ribbing his teammate to me.

11. The way the NCAA is coming down on USC I don’t know if this should be classified as trash talk or simple statement of the truth. No actually 2004 would maybe predate the mess. Or not actually…Crap I’m getting old.

12. First Aaron Rodgers backs into his starting QB job, now he wants to back into a Pac-10 championship ring. Looks like this guy can’t EARN anything. For someone who hasn’t won anything he sure has a big mouth.

13. HILARIOUS! This dude is gonna win an MVP very soon!
    And hopefully win me my fantasy bowl too!

14. It’s not a verified account. I wouldn’t assume it’s actually him.
    In fact, a quick Google search revealed at least 3 Aaron Rodgers on Twitter. None of which are verified.

15. I like watching this guy play, he had a hell of a playoff game he lost last year (their defense blows), and his O-line sucks as well, but he’s putting up some good numbers. Wouldn’t mind him in silver and black

16. This is not ‘news’, so what? It’s still the offseason and this is atleast somewhat comical.
    Clay’s response to that was. “claymathews52: I love this dude @AaronRodgers12!! Quietly emerging as 1 of the most outspoken QB’s in the NFL… That’s my quarterback *T.O. cry*”
    Some of you need to lighten up. This site doesn’t cost you anything. You’re not being held at gunpoint to read the content. Was the old PFT better? Of course it was. When has anything that went ‘mainstream’ improved? You go main, you sellout, it’s just how it goes. Bitching about it like you’re stuck in your terrible two stage while being in your 20’s/30’s won’t change that.

17. tradebait9 says:
    June 11, 2010 9:12 AM
    First Aaron Rodgers backs into his starting QB job, now he wants to back into a Pac-10 championship ring. Looks like this guy can’t EARN anything.For someone who hasn’t won anything he sure has a big mouth.
    “For someone who hasn’t won anything he sure has a big mouth.” I’m going to assume you aren’t a Viking fan…

18. ~~~~~~~~~~# TheVerve says: June 11, 2010 8:45 AM
    Thanks Aaron!!~~~~~~~~
    Sounds like an ex Packer q/b as well

19. This is why players should be careful with Twitter. What obviously was a statement made in jest, gives ammo to a large number of haters on this website, and “real” journalists to talk smack.
    You wanna talk about arrogant douchebags, Boss Hog? It’s not like Rodgers has held multiple franchises hostage by not telling them he is coming back or retiring, or retiring and then coming back. That is the sign of an egotistical douchebag. Somewhere Favre is crying from the recent lack of attention on his old broken down ass. Guarantee he shows his tail sometime in the next week. Did Southern Miss make it to the CWS?
    The fact that this team seems to be tight with each other on both sides of the ball is a great sign.
    Rodgers just needs to come out firing on all cylinders this year. Hopefully, they have solved the problems with the line by benching Barbre and Colledge.
    Mitch Cumstein is right. Anyone want to read a positive story should go to the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel’s website and read about Greg Jennings recent charity event for Habitat for Humanity.

20. MrHumble says:
    June 11, 2010 8:19 AM
    ————————————–
    MrHumble,
    Have the Vikings ever won anything that was actually important?

21. Reggie bush was a huge part of that team, but you cant penalize a whole team for 1 guys actions . pretty awesome tandem of rb’s bush and white each averaging 6+ yards a carry, a heisman winning qb, some solid receivers and of course the normal rugged trojans defense. Many other movings parts of that team other than bush that will b doushed out of their accomplishments

22. This guy’s a solid qb that had a poor o-line last year..
    They should be take the NFC North this year.. quit hatin’ because he speaks his mind

23. hahaha CM3 response was much more hilarious and an injest mock of TO:

24. @ mitch
    You really got all of that from this post? This post was just pointing out something that is actually funny. Is it still below freezing up there or something that has you so angry today?

25. Haha why would Packers fans get defensive over this? Florio’s a Vikes fan, but this says nothing bad about your team. you should see the B.S he puts out about the Bears (Granted, you guys might appreciate it)
    I think it’s great, Rodgers is a great QB and these are just little bits of his personality coming out. He’s just messing around, same as all of us do with our friends. He’s quickly becoming one of my favorite QBs, top 10 maybe 5 in talent I’d say.
    Plus the Kornheiser stuff was classic, I love it when an athlete speaks the truth and not just spoonfed PR nonsense.

26. # JJRS89 says: June 11, 2010 8:28 AM
    —————————————————–
    Funniest comment on here!! Classic..

27. Relax, people. MDS (who posted this) clearly understands that it’s just good back-and-forth banter between Rodgers and Matthews. He thinks it’s as funny as you do.

28. If you’re not following these two on twitter, you should be. Their banter is hilarious! It’s all good natured.
    I especially enjoy the Clawledge stuff.
    Clawledge: clawledge is when clay rides around town in his lifted minivan with his shirt off n tribal tats showing, lookin 4 cougars
    LOL

29. I guess it’s a shame for Rogers that they won’t punish the Vikings for recruiting violations with Lord Favre.

30. Supersuckers says:
    June 11, 2010 9:59 AM
    Florio you are an idiot. this is pure sarcasm.
    ===========================
    What would you have said if thsi was favre twattering and Not GayRod?
    Don’t answer. You and every other Packer turd would be pissing all over him.
    HYPOCRITES!!

31. Pull and Seal – Simply put your an idiot.
    As for a lot of other comments I cant believe people are taking this seriously. Its a teammate joking around with another teammates.
    Now as much as I cant stand Mclard ass and his piss poor coaching and preperation Rodgers should listen and realize Green Bay has been in the media way too much for non football issues and although this was funny it might be best to stay away from twitter comments and anything that is going to bring any more attention to Green Bay especially after he saw how quickly his Kornheiser comments were all over the media.

32. richkotitte says:
    June 11, 2010 9:57 AM
    I injured myself from laughing so hard. Does anyone know a good lawyer?
    _________
    He’s gonna have to file a class action suit because I’m sure we’re not the only ones

33. The Green Bay Packers are the worst run franchise in professional sports. Terrible town, terrible team and terrible fans.

34. I suppose he’s a little concerned about the ring since he wont have a shot at any SB ring.

35. He better hope they award the title to that 04 Cal team, cause once Texas joins the Pac-10, they’ll never get close again. That’s why cheesers keep hoping the Vikes move to LA.

36. I’m a big GB fan, & I can tell you that Rogers has the personality of dry paint. Very dull.

37. “# Tsinakis311 says: June 11, 2010 11:01 AM
    The Green Bay Packers are the worst run franchise in professional sports. Terrible town, terrible team and terrible fans.”
    Tsinakis, how many time have you made that same stupid post? Do you have any original thoughts of your own that you care to share?
    Does anybody know of a NFL fan forum that requires its participants to have passed through puberty or at least carry an IQ higher than goat turd? This place is f’ing ridiculous

38. Two stories about Rodgers on PFT in the last couple days? One of them being the most commented on story of the year? This is sure to make BrInt angry, look for him to hold a press conference to say he’s still an a$$hole, and he’s not sure if he’s going to play this season.

39. Oh Rodgers can Twitter. Now all he has to learn how to do is win football games and beat the Minnesota Vikings who have a much better quarterback.

40. Mitch Cumstein says: “points towards serious ethics questions around whether PFT is a news site or just a PR avenue for favorite players and teams,”
    ————————————————
    That’s a timely subject. Print newspapers, who foot the bill for investigative reporting and issue analysis and other forms of real journalism, are going broke. They’re losing their audience to news aggregators like PFT. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free, right?
    But at the same time, who’s going to produce the stories that the aggregators use as content?
    Florio has some sources, and they grab stuff off Twitter and other web sites, but will you ever again really know if you’re getting legitimate news, or being fed a line by a special interest, or being presented something deliberately taken out of context?
    So as far as ethics are concerned, journalism school ethics are being tossed out the window, and you’ll be on your own to determine what, if any ethical standards an aggregator has.

41. Mac,
    I am just trying to be as dumb and annoying as most of the packer fans on here. I have to read the same recycled bullshit about my favorite team so I started doing the same. Sorry if you think that makes me stupid or without a life. That actually isn’t the case at all. Just having some fun.

42. The Prima Donna Diva Rodgers just can’t keep his mouth shut. What’s the matter Erin, Hollywood tabloids stop publishing your photograph with a different girl every week?

43. The dimwits on the board don’t understand he’s giving a teammate a hard time. If you think he’s being serious then one thing is clear – you are dumber than a box of rocks.
    It’s a joke, humor people. When you don’t understand then people easily recognize the fact you’re a moron.

44. Even as a Viking fan I like the guy, hes gotta good sense of humor. The spot on ESPN where he chucked a head lettuce at a player was pretty funny.
    But, alas, he’s a Packers so he’s my enemy. Still, dudes funny. Just like Favre, always hated him ’cause he was a Packer but respected him as a great QB/person.
    Too bad hes got some fans that take their hatred for rivals WAY too seriously.

45. 3-34* as dallas aspires to get past the faults of mr. butterfingers…
    /////////////////////
    band camp… that’s a good one… of course he has been in several more trying camps than band camp at this point…

46. As a vikes fan, Rogers does scare me…But only after favre leaves. Good for him to hate on kornheiser too.

47. FoF says:
    June 9, 2010 6:15 PM
    J Dub , please tell us your lies again about how you seen Favre out “in da clubs” in 96 and 97 when he was the most popular QB in the NFL and couldn’t go anywhere with out getting mobbed you pathetic little creature.
    Thanks!
    _________________________________
    FoF says:
    June 11, 2010 1:22 PM
    _______________________________
    FoF
    Jere’s a quote from Deanna’s book re: the 1999 training camp:
    In her book Don’t Bet Against Me, Deanna reveals that Brett went into rehab for alcohol abuse in ’99, when she was on the verge of filing for divorce. That season, Favre weighed 215 pounds…the lightest he’s played, likely from seeking treatment and the stress that was in his life.
    During the preseason, he broke his thumb….then broke down in the postgame press conference after a draining, emotional season opener against Oakland on September 12th. You can check that out by clicking on the video link.
    In the book, Deanna says it all came to a head after a weekend of partying with Brett’s brother Jeff, and Jeff’s wedding.
    When Brett came home to Hattiesburg, he almost didn’t have a place to come home to. Consider what Deanna has to say:
    “I had all his belongings packed and waiting in the courtyard of the house. I’d become so desperate that I’d called a divorce attorney … He came into the house and begged me to let him stay , but I was firm. ‘If you’re not going to quit drinking , you can leave , ‘ I told him. ‘I’m not going down that road again; I’m done. I’ve already spoken to an attorney.’ … The attorney called while Brett was begging me to reconsider , and Brett heard me tell her I was ready to file; that I was done and there was no changing my mind … [Later] I told Brett that if he didn’t get out of my house , I would call 911. I called his agent [Bus Cook] , and Bus came to pick him up. Brett told Bus to take him to the airport , because he was going to check himself into rehab again.
    _________________________________
    1999 you nimrod. Now will you kindly S. T. F. U. you pathetic little moron, or can you honestly not see reality because you are truly stuck so far up Favre’s ass.

48. footballrulz,
    Thanks for the well known book reference. Too bad that does nothing to refute what I said and what I was responding to which was jdub saying he would see Favre, Winters, and Chumura out in the clubs in 96/97 after Favre was married, which was not true. That occurred 92-94, when Favre and Dianna were separated. It is well known Brett had a relapse at “Jeff’s wedding” in 98 or 99. That’s great, but does nothing to support jdub’s false statement that he witnessed Favre out in the Green Bay clubs in 97 after Favre was married. So your little research project was all for not 😦
    Now don’t you feel like a douchebag for saving that for 3-days to spring on me? lol, who does that? Message boards must be your life. Nice to know that I impacted your life is such a fashion that your would hold a grudge for days. loser.

49. Nice one, Rulz!
    FOF, please go away for good you worthless Romanian pile. No one knows less about football than you. No one.

50. “His knack for interceptions and fumbles at key points in the game”
    How many interceptions did he have last season? Wasn’t it something like, oh I don’t know, 7? Yeah that’s what I though. You are probably just another typical dumbass Viking fan

51. # FinFan says: June 11, 2010 9:56 AM
    Greenbay should have got rb jones from jets theyd b contenders
    ——————–
    he’d just run into a wall…

52. footballrulz,
    Thanks for that little book excerpt that does absolutely NOTHING to refute my statement. jdub lied claiming he saw Brett out in the clubs in Green Bay after he was married, I called bull cr@ppy on that one. It is well known Brett had a relapse in 99, at Jeff’s wedding or whatever. Still does NOTHING to refute my statement. So your efforts to track me down for 3 days to try to post that were all for not 😦
    btw, what kind of pathetic douchebag does that? I mean, are you serious? You probably had that response saved on your desktop while hitting the refresh button 1000 times a day at PFT looking for me. How much of a loser does one have to be to do that? And all for nothing, since what you posted did nothing to refute my or credit jdub’s statement. lol, thanks for the Friday laugh! 🙂

53. Just for full discloser, Ruvell100 and footballrulz a “couple” if you know what I mean that spend upwards of 15 – 18 hours a day on different message boards tag teaming and giving each other compliment. The more you know….

54. Tsinakis311 – im as diehard packers fan as it gets, but thought your first “idiot” post was hilarious.
    (just here for the comments)

55. footballrulz,
    btw, what kind of pathetic d0uchebag does that? I mean, are you serious? You probably had that response saved on your desktop while hitting the refresh button 1000 times a day at PFT looking for me. How much of a loser does one have to be to do that? And all for nothing, since what you posted did nothing to refute my or credit jdub’s statement. lol, thanks for the Friday laugh! 🙂

56. Why don’t Rodgers just man up and Twitter the truth: “I can’t hold Brett Favre’s jock and will NEVER beat him head to head!”

57. Jeph Query says:
    June 11, 2010 9:42 AM
    Hey Jeph …i’m not even a vikings fan in the first place. secondly, your comparison of what AR has won with what the vikings have won is just a tad off the point. If you want to compare what AR has accomplished with the QB of the vikings (seeing as how you think i am a vikings fan….your words) then the vikings QB has won multiple division titles, conference championships, a superbowl, several MVP’s………..and that doesn’t even count the records of “stats” that he owns that AR is “chasing”….next time compare apples and apples you idiot.

58. Sorry FoF, haven’t posted on Chatters or JS for over a year. Just here. This is not a conspiracy, where 2 guys are spending their time trying to tag team you and Cami. You are constantly ridiculed and disproven because you are one of the sorriest excuses of a man/woman I have ever run across.

59. OH FoF–you poor lost soul. Must be awfully brown in your eyes. No problem ever tracking you down. Just look for any Packers post and there you’ll be–peeping your pointy little head out of Favre’s butt, spouting off some utter nonsense about your wonder Lord, then crawling back in. Nothing anyone could do or say could possibly “refute”anything you have to say about Brett. You know, it’s hard to see thru all that Favre “bull cr@ppy”.
    ___________________________________
    FoF says:
    June 11, 2010 3:54 PM
    __________________________________
    Now you see FoF that’s a typical reaction from you. Make up some crap and throw it out there. I throw you facts and you throw back this drivel. But like you say, the more you know….
    footballrulz says:
    June 11, 2010 4:20 PM
    Thanks Ruvell–seriously doubt it will do any good though
    ___________________________________
    But of course, there was no doubt that you would get any of this. I even called it prior to your pitiful excuse for a “refuttal”.
    As I told you earlier, I kind of kidded you a bit last year about havin a Vag. It has become quite evident that you do–either that or you’re gonna have to turn around and “take it like a man” from your hero (Can you say band wagoner). And as I also told you earlier, from what I hear, Favre don’t do reach arounds so it’s probably not gonna be as pleasant as you think — or I don;t know, maybe I’m wrong, maybe you enjoy that kinda stuff (not that there’s anything wrong with that).
    Now in the words of the immortal W. C Fields, “go away kid, you’re botherin me”.
    God, I’ll be glad when school starts back.

60. Hey Fof, you little twit, you’ve been trolling around here long enbough to know that sometimes it takes a while for posts to hit..no need to submit twice.
    God you are pitiful
    Patience grasshopper, patience.

61. LOL Geez rulz, you have graduated to a full Internet asshole! Good job! ( that is a compliment you know) LOL

62. watch all the Viking fans make this comment into a “mountain”. I’m sure they’re great friends. Can’t anyone even joke around with his teammate? You’re all just envious that we have a good quarterback that will be around a long time, and what do you have?? Aaron Rodgers is a class act and we’re so happy to have him. Careful what you say, 16 years down the road he may be playing for you.

63. this is great stuff, the comments are so much more insightful than this attempt of a story, and an attempt to make Rodgers look like a prick…but this need not be taken out of context, but it will, especially for Viking fans who are looking for something to bash on…not all Viking fans, just like Packer fans who are biased…just educate yourselves, and chill out! Go Pack Go!

64. I question PFT’s ethics and they yank down the post? What are you scared of, Florio?

65. Rodgers is a great young QB.
    Vikings fans are diluted championless a$$holes who probably took their sisters to the prom.

66. Hey A-rodge, get em where you can, brother…
    : Pac 10 championship ring :
    Finally we have some understanding of Rodgers’ ridiculous championship belt act that he was doing last season…it had nothing to do with the Packers and everything to do with USC getting their title ripped and handing it over to the second best team in a lousy college conference. Yay Cal!
    Now if only Robert Goulet were to be outed as a fake – mustache of the year winner 2009… Rodgers would have some steam heading into the 2010 season…
    : { (

67. Jack Factor says: June 11, 2010 11:22 AM
    12 World Championships
    =====================================
    1 in the last 42 years and that one was 13 years ago.

68. This just in: The Minnasoda Vikings begin yet another season ISO their very first Super Bowl Trophy. Yes, EVER.
    Currently, they are tied with:
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    Seattle
    Houston
    Jacksonville
    Buffalo
    Arizona
    Atlanta
    Cincinnati
    … as the only team to never win a single one, I think that’s it. But don’t forget, the Vikings haven’t even made one since the 1970’s, back when Jimmy Carter was the soft president of this country. Back before Saturday Night Live was even invented.
    It sucks to be a Viking fan because every game every season has ended in LOSER CITY.
    At least that worthless state has the Timberwolves and Wild to fall back on after their Twinkies are done in the fall.
    And the golden Goophers are powerhouses who always contend for the BCS Bowls and the Final 4 in hoops.