Underwood case slows to a crawl

The problematic sexual assault case against Packers safety Brandon Underwood stalled this week in Green Bay.

According to the Green Bay Press-Gazette, the Sauk County District Attorney’s office wouldn’t say on Friday if they received police reports in the investigation.  Police Chief Tom Dorner said earlier in the week he would make no recommendation for charges.

Underwood’s agent was already complaining about the slow pace of things two days ago to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

“It’s unfortunate that information has not been received by the district
attorney’s office, and the court of opinion is being set up by
different stories released in the media,” agent Deryk Gilmore said. “We
are confident that when all of the information comes out, Brandon will
be cleared.”

So are we, based on everything we’ve learned in the case.

Permalink 20 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
20 Responses to “Underwood case slows to a crawl”
  1. realitypolice says: Jun 12, 2010 12:35 PM

Once the lawyer gets him cleared of the criminal charges, he start working on his divorce case.

2. Seabass417 says: Jun 12, 2010 12:38 PM

While he may be a low-life jerk for cheating on his wife (who recently gave birth), he’s certainly no rapist. He’s an idiot, and a poor excuse for a man, but he’s no rapist.

3. Science Teacher says: Jun 12, 2010 12:45 PM

Based on the response of his team “mates” good luck validating your personality

4. purpleguy says: Jun 12, 2010 2:13 PM

Sounds like they need to shift from charging him with assault to solicitation of a skanky WI hooker. One is serious, the other is probably nothing more different than paying a traffic ticket, with the obvious exception of the divorce costs.

5. Voice of Discontent says: Jun 12, 2010 3:23 PM

Hey, a story not about the Vikings! A miracle!

6. TheVerve says: Jun 12, 2010 4:11 PM

Can you really blame this guy? I mean, what would happen to you if you were forced to live in that stink-pot state of Wisconsin?
    I’m sure all that cheese makes a person stupid and lose good judgment.
    And if you were cheered on by fat, ugly, and stupid people wearing cheese on their head, what would happen to you?
    I’m sure he’s doing this just to get traded to another team. Smart move.

7. MrHumble says: Jun 12, 2010 4:19 PM

Johnny Jolly must have put Underwood in touch with his attorney.

8. Leroy'sButler says: Jun 12, 2010 4:46 PM

Favre sucks.

9. mattgso says: Jun 12, 2010 9:37 PM

Something tells me they paid the girls for a private strip show and the girls tried to extort more. When he wouldn’t pay, they went for the bank roll.
    Idiots all around.

10. Ambrose says: Jun 12, 2010 10:51 PM

TheVerve says: June 12, 2010 4:11 PM
    I’m sure all that cheese makes a person stupid and lose good judgment.
    —————————————————————————–
    This is coming from a douche that names himself after a more than twenty-year old one-hit-wonder “rock” band known more for their drug-influenced naval gazing than anything else. Yeah, this guys opinion is worth writing down. “Hey buddy, the nineties called….they want their collarless shirt buttoned all the way to the top back.”
    I think it is hilarious how Packer fans are able to kick Viking fans and their players in the balls on this site (rightly so,) over and over and over and over…..and all they (like this guy…perfect example,) can come back with is “Oh yeah, well your women are fat, the men are toothless and gay, and you’re stupid and smell funny, so there.”

11. The Devil says: Jun 12, 2010 11:38 PM

home state cops turned this into KEYSTONE COPS -

12. MrHumble says: Jun 13, 2010 9:51 AM

Hey Ambrose………….I don’t have a dog in this fight but I think the Vikings kicked the Packers ass twice last year also.

13. Ambrose says: Jun 13, 2010 11:22 AM

# MrHumble says: June 13, 2010 9:51 AM
    —————————————————————————
    I remember those games. And we (Packer fans) have had to eat a lot of crow because of it. We can take it. But that doesn’t make all their women fat, all the men toothless and gay, and everybody else stupid and smelly. These two teams as well as these two states are too similar for people to admit……the small-minded amongst this group entertain themselves with grade school level insults. It gets tiresome, that’s all. A little more creativity and originality in their trash-talking would be a welcomed change. That’s the only point I was trying to make.

14. badfish69 says: Jun 13, 2010 1:46 PM

# MrHumble says: June 13, 2010 9:51 AM
    —————————————————-
    Yep your right and Viking fans act like it’s better than winning the Super Bowl. How pathetic is that?

15. bucc19 says: Jun 13, 2010 4:03 PM

Where are idiots today I.E Bob Nelson, Jimmy Smith, Pervert Harvin, and Fan of “football”(who should be called fan of packer blogs cuz that’s all he can read)

16. RC IV says: Jun 14, 2010 4:12 PM

badfish69 says:
    June 13, 2010 1:46 PM
    # MrHumble says: June 13, 2010 9:51 AM
    —————————————————-
    ================================
    Just about as pathetic, but not quite as pathetic as thumping your chests over the pre 1970 titles.
    As if they are relevant to 09/10.
    I’m sure gay Rod and the boys took solace in the fact of all thos old titles when he punted the WC game away……….It must be so sad to be a Packer fan.

17. badfish69 says: Jun 14, 2010 7:49 PM

# RC IV says: June 14, 2010 4:12 PM
    badfish69 says:
    June 13, 2010 1:46 PM
    # MrHumble says: June 13, 2010 9:51 AM
    —————————————————-
    ================================
    As if they are relevant to 09/10.
    ————————————————–
    Gay Rod? How insightful and witty on your part. I’m sure your parents are proud of the Rhodes scholar they produced. How long did it take you to come up with that? Oh that’s right, you didn’t. You just copied it from some other nimrod on this site. Awesome.
    I don’t have to thump my chest of pre 70’s titles. I can thump my chest over the one Super Bowl win and another appearance within the last 14 years. The Vikings wish they could say that. Must suck to not see a Super Bowl since the Ford administration. Must suck to be the biggest chokers in the history of the NFL. Hell not even the Bills went 15-1 and lost in the championship game.
    After 2007 I never heard a Packer fans say “At least we beat the Vikings twice haha.” I guess when your losers it makes someone feel better to fall back on that kind of stuff.

18. RC IV says: Jun 15, 2010 8:49 AM

Within the last 14 years…how precious…thank you for proving my point.
    Neither team has been in one in 14 years, which means they have failed that many years running.
    But, like the idiot that you are, you have to fall back on the” at least we have one in the last 14 years argument”.
    Again, I’m sure GayRod and the boys take solace in the fact that Brett and his boys won one.
    I use GayRod because it infuriates turds like you.

19. badfish69 says: Jun 15, 2010 7:27 PM

# RC IV says: June 15, 2010 8:49 AM
    Within the last 14 years…how precious…thank you for proving my point.
    I use GayRod because it infuriates turds like you.
    ————————————————–
    Infuriates? I think you give yourself too much credit. The key is not to get mad or frustrated at the mentally retarded. You have to have patience.

20. RC IV says: Jun 15, 2010 8:08 PM

Yeah. i figured thats all you would come back with.
    You prove my point for me and then call me a retard.
    ALL of you Packer fans sound like a broken record.
    If calling him Gayrod didn’t bother you, you wouldn’t have brought it up in the 1st place.
    Fish in a barrel.
    Now, come back with something even more inane . you know you can’t help yourself.
    C’mon badfish69…..dazzle me!