Eagles sign third-round draft pick

The Philadelphia Eagles continue to get their rookies under contract.

The latest arrival is a guy who’ll surely give the equipment guys fits.  He’s defensive end Daniel Te’o-Neisham.

The third-round pick played college football at the University of Washington.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
9 Responses to “Eagles sign third-round draft pick”
  1. Brooklyn Eagle says: Jun 16, 2010 12:31 PM

His name seems to have given you fits too, Florio.

2. Buckyball says: Jun 16, 2010 12:42 PM

Te’o-Nesheim… they’ve already got his name spelled correctly on his locker and jerseys…. you on the other hand…

3. PhillyGoldStandard says: Jun 16, 2010 12:43 PM

Is the Eagles new strategy to draft players several rounds early so they’re just happy to get a contract and agree to anything? Great, a 3rd rounder is signed who was staring at the ceiling during the draft because even he didn’t think he’d get picked.

4. Really? says: Jun 16, 2010 1:12 PM

It’s Te’o Nesheim, not Te’o Neisham.

5. Gus says: Jun 16, 2010 1:23 PM

Tony Pauline (S.I.) had him graded as a 3rd/4th round pick. Seems as though their strategy was to draft a group of pass rushers, so far……………so good.

6. Mooch says: Jun 16, 2010 1:30 PM

Aren’t the rookie salaries slotted? I agree Banner does this once young talent develops, signing them to long term deals below market value, and that is ultimately a self-defeating tactic.
    I also happen to think this was a wasted pick. “High Motor” is code for “Can’t Play”.

7. penguininbondage says: Jun 16, 2010 1:45 PM

Let’s just call him Toby.

8. jan van flac says: Jun 16, 2010 3:28 PM

“”High Motor” is code for “Can’t Play”.
    really? that’s what they said about Trent Cole (an “undersized” 5th round pick) when he was drafted. Seems to have worked out ok for him.

9. Mooch says: Jun 16, 2010 9:06 PM

Undersized is not High Motor, which says Marc Spindler to me.
    Hey, I hope you are right. Believe me. But I would like a 280 lb guy opposite Cole and Graham. But maybe I am just a traditionalist. I am excited by an attacking defense.