Dolphins award Tim Dobbins an extension

See, some players can still get paid this offseason.

The Dolphins agreed to a two-year contract extension with linebacker Tim Dobbins, according to his agent David Canter.  Dobbins was acquired in the trade Miami made with San Diego down in the first round.

The new deal indicates he was hardly a throw in to the deal.  The inside linebacker could wind up taking the starting job of Florio’s buddy Channing Crowder.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
13 Responses to “Dolphins award Tim Dobbins an extension”
  1. Chad Pennington's Noodle Arm says: Jun 17, 2010 5:29 PM

Interesting development. We’re paying Crowder too much money to ride the bench, so unless he converts back to outside linebacker he could be in trouble.

2. dolphin796 says: Jun 17, 2010 5:33 PM

crowder doesnt put up big numbers, but when he doesnt play the dolphin really look bad

3. FinfanJim says: Jun 17, 2010 5:36 PM

Don’t click on that link. That agent’s Twitter page may cause seizures…

4. KILLER FIN says: Jun 17, 2010 5:40 PM

Good get rid of Crowder, he got paid & didn’t play!!!

5. pike360 says: Jun 17, 2010 7:06 PM

I’ll have to admit, I have my hopes up about Dobbin’s ability to contribute… makes up for my doubts about Crowder… Of course, I did support giving Crowder the extension so WTF do I know. lol.

6. theSTP says: Jun 17, 2010 7:16 PM

No way he has a shot at starting. He blows, both on and off the field. Don’t even think he could read the playbook.

7. Patssuckmyleftnut says: Jun 17, 2010 7:20 PM

Dobbins is a real nice player that will challenge Crowder and is probably better in coverage than Crowder! 2010 PAPER CHAMPIONS NEW YORK JETS!!!!

8. 305phinphan says: Jun 17, 2010 8:03 PM

Tim Dobbins is a stud. In limited playing time with the Chargers last year he put up better numbers than Crowder who was a starter. Just look at the film on the guy…….http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6vdVrTmJ2g sorry but he is a way more physical player than Crowder and he could possibly put him on the bench as soon as week 1.

9. vanhelsing says: Jun 17, 2010 8:05 PM

then crowder would have time to hunt florio down…

10. 2buku4u says: Jun 17, 2010 8:53 PM

Anybody is an improvement over Crowder’s performace last year…I say give him a shot, he looked pretty good in San Diego

11. NYCharger says: Jun 17, 2010 9:07 PM

12. chimi says: Jun 17, 2010 9:39 PM

Might as well give him a shot, unless you enjoy seeing Crowder being burned by tight ends or stuffed by a RB when blitzing. I’m actually pretty excited about that A.J. Edds kid, looks like a playmaker and supposedly great in coverage.

13. 305phinphan says: Jun 17, 2010 10:00 PM

NYCharger says: June 17, 2010 9:07 PM Dobbins was the fifth ILB in SD. I hope he works out for the Fins, but I doubt he would be the #1 ILB in Miami. I suggest you keep Crowder around.
    ——————————————-
    How in the world are you a Charger fan and think that Dobbins was the 5th ILB? You need to go google you’re teams depth chart last year….it might surprise you where he was on it. I just now realized that you are a New Yorker, that probably explains why you didn’t know.