Lynch's stay at OTAs was brief

Well, now that the other football is done for the day after a thrilling match — Sorry, Florio — let’s move on to the NFL news of the day.

Marshawn Lynch arrived at Bills Organized Team Activities to much fanfare on Tuesday.  Just two days later, the unpredictable running back was gone again, skipping Thursday’s session, according to Tim Graham of ESPN.

It’s hard to get worked up over one more absence from Lynch, but his quick departure shows that he’s still playing with a different playbook than most of his teammates.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
11 Responses to “Lynch's stay at OTAs was brief”
  1. billsfanaddict says: Jun 18, 2010 12:25 PM

its not over for the day, every day match are @730, 1000 & 230 until group play is over

2. TheWien says: Jun 18, 2010 12:29 PM

Why is this being reported on? He was there on Tues and Weds… how many other players are you dogging on for skipping some voluntary OTAs? Did you bother to report on the fact that after missing a couple of weeks, his participation with the new playbook looked sharp? And Gailey said he was surprised at how quick a study Lynch is and how Fred was impressed that he hit the ground running?
    Come on guys. Get it together here.

3. tkebean says: Jun 18, 2010 12:35 PM

Who cares…he is the 3rd string running back on the Buffalo Bills, one of the worst teams in the league.

4. EverybodyGotAIDS says: Jun 18, 2010 12:44 PM

Well, now that the other football is done for the day after a thrilling match
    _______________
    The UFL? I didn’t think their season started yet.
    Are the games even going to be televised?
    Oh, you meant soccer? I don’t have anything against soccer. I even think soccer fans should be allowed to marry.

5. SonsCompass says: Jun 18, 2010 1:04 PM

@EverybodyGotAIDS
    Lmao. You made me shoot milk out of my nose…and I wasn’t even drinking milk.

6. bills34 says: Jun 18, 2010 1:08 PM

tkebean…. i bet you are a dolphins fan..

7. pray4thebills says: Jun 18, 2010 1:12 PM

you mean a mid-twenties guy from California doesnt want to spend his summer in Buffalo attending volunteer practices?
    Trade him, he’s a cancer.

8. pray4thebills says: Jun 18, 2010 1:15 PM

oh, and @everybodygotAIDS
    How is a league where you are covered with pads, play for about 7 seconds before you’re allowed to stop for nearly a minute and where you can get a penalty for hitting a “defenseless receiver” any tougher than world cup soccer?
    I challenge you to actually watch a game without blinders on.

9. brownsfn says: Jun 18, 2010 2:11 PM

Idiot…

10. EverybodyGotAIDS says: Jun 18, 2010 2:16 PM

pray4thebills says:
    June 18, 2010 1:15 PM
    oh, and @everybodygotAIDS
    I challenge you to actually watch a game without blinders on.
    _____________________
    I tried watching a soccer game. I really did. Used to have a group of friends from Turkey who loved soccer. Can’t do it. I even tried going to an MLS game once. I literally made it through the 15th minute or whatever it was and had to leave and go drink in the parking lot.
    I could see it being fun if you were extremely, extremely drunk and you could just be a screaming yahoo…but actually watching a game and caring about the outcome? Not gonna happen, muchacho.
    Also, if you have such a low opinion of football…why are you on profootballtalk.com?

11. pray4thebills says: Jun 18, 2010 9:41 PM

im on pft b/c I’m from Buffalo and am predisposed to liking the Bills. If I could drop them, I would have done it a long time ago. Every been to Buffalo? There is not exactly much else going on. And I don’t necessarily have a low opinion of football, but my opinion of the NFL gets lower everyday. These people we call athletes who get paid millions of dollars refuse to play more than 16 games and are protected beyond reasonable measures. To me, that isn’t toughness.
    And soccer players are not the pinnacle of toughness either, but I just believe that fans and players of the NFL have sacrificed their right to preach about toughness. You may have a legitimate gripe about soccer (although the MLS would be akin to watching NFL Europe) that I used to agree with, but the toughness water argument holds no water at this point.
    And to your point about having to get drunk to enjoy a soccer game, I would guess about %50 of NFL game attendees have the same issue, they just wouldnt admit it (about %90 of bills fans).