Marshawn Lynch ditched OTAs to attend Justin Forsett's wedding

Some eyebrows were raised on Thursday when Bills running back Marshawn Lynch left Organized Team Activities early.

But Lynch, who finally showed up after missing weeks of offseason workouts, didn’t suddenly decide to return to his obstinate ways.  Per a league source, Lynch left to attend the wedding of Seahawks running back Justin Forsett, who was Lynch’s roommate at the University of California.

The move comes at a time when speculation persists that the Bills could reunite Lynch and Forsett via trade.  Lynch likely will have a chance to get better acquainted with some of the Seattle players at Forsett’s wedding — and possibly with head coach Pete Carroll, if he attends the party.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
21 Responses to “Marshawn Lynch ditched OTAs to attend Justin Forsett's wedding”
  1. Dapollock says: Jun 18, 2010 1:24 PM

“The move comes at a time when speculation persists that the Bills could send Lynch to Forsett”
    Kinda like Scarlet to Rhett Butler, but with a happier ending?

2. wwwmattcom says: Jun 18, 2010 1:25 PM

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. DonTerrelli says: Jun 18, 2010 1:31 PM

Lets just hope he doesnt go into Beast Mode during the reception.

4. Big Stretch says: Jun 18, 2010 1:48 PM

“But Lynch, who finally showed up after missing weeks of offseason workouts, didn’t suddenly decide to return to his obstinate ways. Per a league source, Lynch left to attend the wedding of Seahawks running back Justin Forsett, who was Lynch’s roommate at the University of California.”
    —————————————————-

5. polishkingski says: Jun 18, 2010 1:55 PM

i know one thing for sure, there are going to be alot of very “wet” ladies at that reception….look out girls, here comes sexy man incarnate!

6. kristoff says: Jun 18, 2010 2:00 PM

How dare he skip out on voluntary practice 2 attend his old roomate/ex teamates wedding!!!! typical thug!!!WTF!!! LOL

7. madbillsfan says: Jun 18, 2010 2:11 PM

Don’t run over anyone Marsh.

8. TheOne says: Jun 18, 2010 2:32 PM

I love he goes to the Seahawks. He will help them get better. The Bills suck!

9. TryTheVeal says: Jun 18, 2010 2:33 PM

Are you sure he wasn’t filming the latest Geico caveman commercials?

10. dbara43 says: Jun 18, 2010 2:52 PM

Can we please just get this done? The Bills don’t want him, we do, the offer is more than fair. Let’s get it done, Buffalo.
    db

11. bills34 says: Jun 18, 2010 3:17 PM

@Big Stretch
    “Don’t people usually get married on the weekend? Why did Lynch need to be there for thursday and friday? Actually who cares I hope Buffalo get rid of him. I’m about 99% sure he will never play for the Bills again so hopefully they can get something for him before the season starts. Not sure what the Seahawks would have to offer after already giving up a draft pick for Lendale.”
    I am 100% sure he will be playing for the Buffalo Bills…. and 100% sure the bills want him… not so sure he wants the bills but if he gets traded it will be after this year or late in the season… go read a few things about the bills before you post like a retard

12. #12inSeattle says: Jun 18, 2010 3:41 PM

… Not sure what the Seahawks would have to offer after already giving up a draft pick for Lendale.”
    Hmmmm. Seahawks didn’t give up a pick for Lendale. Maybe a little reading would help us all!

13. vikesfan4 says: Jun 18, 2010 4:01 PM

Dont chip your grill on the wine glass.

14. PETeP says: Jun 18, 2010 4:04 PM

Oh boy he’s here he’s not he’s going he’s staying. At this point in time buffalo can’t get rid of the guy for anything more than pete carrols stapler and a packet of thumb tacks. If were lucky maybe they’ll throw in some tictacs. But in all seriousness Fred Jackson is 28 years old, a bit old in terms of RB and can C.J. Spiller be an every down back? I hate to say it but the bills may need him. It really does pain me to say that.

15. King Ding A Ling says: Jun 18, 2010 4:17 PM

Go figure, I’m sure Pete the Cheat Carrol probably sent the invitation himself…

16. King Ding A Ling says: Jun 18, 2010 4:29 PM

I’m sure Pete the Cheat Carrol sent the invitations.

17. bills34 says: Jun 18, 2010 6:33 PM

UM… I don’t know why you copied my post in this … I never said the Seahawks gave up a pick for Lendale………………………………. that was Big Stretch

18. FumbleNuts says: Jun 19, 2010 12:15 AM

“The move comes at a time when speculation persists that the Bills could reunite Lynch and Forsett via trade.”
    Go get em’ Pete!

19. chris says: Jun 19, 2010 1:55 AM

@Big Stretch
    You must be a douch having loved the bills for 20 years I can tell you they want nothing to do with Lynch but they want to get the most out of a trade. I love lynch he is my most liked player in all of the NFL but said to say the bills do not feel the same way.

20. #12inSeattle says: Jun 19, 2010 2:06 PM

@bills34
    UM… I don’t know why you copied my post in this … I never said the Seahawks gave up a pick for Lendale…………. ……………….. …. that was Big Stretch
    Yep. My bad. I didn’t mean for it to sound like it came from you. I apologize.
    BTW, I think you can pretty much count on seeing Lynch in Seattle. I’ve been to the OTA’s and spoken with some folks there and it looks like J-Force is #1, but there is a real concern about the number of carries he can handle. They are pretty high on the potential of Forsett, Lynch, Washington.

21. bills34 says: Jun 20, 2010 6:09 PM

Lynch will not be leaving because Seattle will not give the bills a 2nd rounder and Nix (Bills GM) does not want to continue the culture in buffalo of “if i complain, miss OTAs and request a trade” its going to happen.