Darwin Walker considers a return to the NFL

Veteran defensive tackle Darwin Walker last played pro football in 2008.  He’s now considering a comeback.

Walker, who played college football at Tennessee, told GoVolsXtra.com that he could still play — and that teams have shown interest.

“I haven’t ruled out the possibility of playing still,” Walker said.  “I’ve had a couple of offers.  I turned
them all down.”

Walker spent nine years in the NFL, with Arizona, Philly, Chicago, and Carolina.

He’s still haunted by making it to the Super Bowl as a member of the Eagles in 2004, but not winning the game.  “I’ve played in it and I lost it; I never got over that feeling,” Walker
said.  “If I could just get one, I’d be happy.”

Tell it to Dan Marino, Darwin.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
7 Responses to “Darwin Walker considers a return to the NFL”
  1. axeman54jt says: Jun 20, 2010 10:41 PM

good for him as long as the eagles dont bring him back

2. Byrd Is The Word says: Jun 20, 2010 11:04 PM

Boss Hog says:
    June 20, 2010 10:06 PM
    wasn’t this p.o.s. traded to the bills when he quit? would that mean the bills still own his rights?
    ——————
    Bills gave him to Chicago.

3. Billsfan8321 says: Jun 21, 2010 12:14 AM

he was traded to the bills and then wanted a new contract and they both could not come to terms so the bills traded him to the bears for like a 5th round pick

4. stellaboycarl says: Jun 21, 2010 1:46 AM

Actually Boss he was with Carolina when he was released in the 09 off season following being involved in a Car Accident if I recall. and Vox it’s easy for an arm chair QB to call someone a scrub when they probably don’t have the skills to play themselves. I myself, would prefer to reserve judgement when the guy could very well kick your ass then see if you call him a scrub.

5. nagurski_T_form says: Jun 21, 2010 6:12 AM

Walker should have gone to the bills when he had a chance. No one wants him now, especially with all these good UFA and drafted DTs in the last 2 years.
    The NFL has passed you by, dude.
    Dude is a successful businessman…he should just stick with that. Then in a few years, he’ll be able to say “I was in the NFL fo’ a minute!”

6. MattRichWarren says: Jun 21, 2010 6:48 AM

@Boss Hog:
    He was traded to the Bills between the Eagles and Bears but never reported because the Bills wouldn’t give him a new deal.

7. HandsofSweed says: Jun 21, 2010 7:54 AM

The game has evolved passed the point of Darwin being able to compete. His inability to adapt has directly led to his extinction.
    Seriously, I don’t even remember the guy. I just thought some of you were starting a Biology and/or Anthropology discussion.