Ian Scott among Chargers cuts

Well, here’s another noteworthy June release.

San Diego announced they cut nose tackle Ian Scott, safety Kevin Ellison, fullback Cory Jackson, and wide receiver Jordyn Jackson.

The Chargers confirmed a PFT report regarding Ellison’s departure, but Scott’s name marks a surprise.  He started last season at nose tackle after Jamal Williams’ injury and was “penciled in” as the starter as recently as May.  It looks like the Chargers are ready to rely on fifth-round pick Cam Thomas and project Ogemdi Nwagbuo.

Meanwhile, Florio points out that the timing of Ellison’s release looks rather convenient.  The team may have let him stick around for a few extra weeks and cut him with the other players to avoid a grievance that he was dumped as discipline for his arrest.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
15 Responses to “Ian Scott among Chargers cuts”
  1. Crusty says: Jun 21, 2010 4:41 PM

Anthrax will never be the same..

2. roe says: Jun 21, 2010 4:53 PM

Yeah, that’s EXACTLY why they waited to dump him. AJ Smith is a swindler man.

3. Heat says: Jun 21, 2010 5:01 PM

Thanks for correcting that last line. It originally made my head explode.

4. Stuart Scotts left eye says: Jun 21, 2010 5:09 PM

eh….Boone was better than Scott last year. Scott only appeared to look better because Boone moved around a bunch and Siler emerged to fill in the gaps.
    I’m actually more surprised by the early release of Cory Jackson. He looked like a LEGIT FB if Norv wanted to commit to the run.

5. northwoodsviking says: Jun 21, 2010 5:46 PM

Crusty says:
    June 21, 2010 4:41 PM
    Anthrax will never be the same..
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

6. VegasBronco says: Jun 21, 2010 6:01 PM

Hey Smith, save all the money you can!!!!
    Every bowler is leaving.

7. oaklandzombie says: Jun 21, 2010 6:43 PM

@ Crusty
    While funny The frontman for Anthrax was actually Scott Ian not Ian Scott, but most of the fools here wouldn’t get it anyway!
    Great band I still have a vinyl copy of “Fistful of metal”.

8. rolltide says: Jun 21, 2010 6:54 PM

I just don’t understand how AJ Smith still has a job. Do ANY Chargers ever get new deal with the team? I guess we’re going to find out if it’s possible to win with a Rivers, Gates, and lots of no-name sixth rounders.

9. xscottx says: Jun 21, 2010 7:25 PM

Anthrax will never be the same..
    NOT!

10. Tinbender says: Jun 21, 2010 7:31 PM

The Chargers are making the Raiders look GOOD!

11. jahrasta311 says: Jun 21, 2010 8:49 PM

The Chargers could play the entire season without Vincent Jackson or Marcus McNeill, and the Raiders would still not come anywhere close to them in the standings.

12. AcidSoda says: Jun 21, 2010 11:03 PM

@jahrasta311
    ………………………………
    Well let’s just wait and see.

13. rovibe says: Jun 21, 2010 11:28 PM

OaklandZombie — frontman?!? C’mon, man. You can do better. Scott Ian is the rhythm guitarist… And Joey Belladonna is now back on vocals. Google ‘Big Four Tour’!

14. finsbooyah says: Jun 22, 2010 10:23 AM

rovibe, actually Scott Ian played bass. And you should check out Stormtroopers of Death, a f’d up, but awesome band he and the drummer played in as a side project

15. oaklandzombie says: Jun 22, 2010 2:01 PM

@ Rovibe
    Tru, tru. I should have chosen my words more carefully. I always think of him as the frontman but know he’s not! Even my uncle corrects me on it when we start talking about metal bands. I think I do that because he is always the one I see!
    But he did do some vocals (Attack of the killer B’s) and back up vocals, anyway his is the most entertaining of the bunch!
    @ Finsbooyah
    Yeah that album is f’ed up but I like it, I have that one on vinyl too.
    It’s nice to see some metal heads on here !