Alex Brown gets a cold reception in Chicago

nfl_ap_abrown1_576.jpgEarlier this year, the Bears cut defensive end Alex Brown.  He eventually signed with the Saints, and everyone moved on.

Until Brown showed up at Halas Hall.

Our friends at 670 The Score in Chicago have pointed out that Brown claims on his Twitter page that, once he entered the building, security escorted him out of it.

Here’s what Brown said, via multiple tweets:  “Not that I didn’t know already but today I learned
a very valuable lesson about the NFL and how some teams work.
  There has been so many people asking me about this
I guess I will share it. . . .  Today I went over to Halas Hall and . . . t
o my surprise I was escorted out if the building.  I guess I understand it somewhat but damn didn’t think I would get
kicked out!  Who Dat!!”

Unfortunately, the Saints and the Bears don’t play each other this year.

Permalink 45 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
45 Responses to “Alex Brown gets a cold reception in Chicago”
  1. rjgreen3 says: Jun 22, 2010 10:19 PM

why the hell would he go there if he isn’t with the organization anymore?

2. Paulitik says: Jun 22, 2010 10:20 PM

I’d kick his arse out too. He’s got Ain’t stench all over him.
    #### him.

3. READY2CRUSH says: Jun 22, 2010 10:29 PM

Reminds me of when I was youg… I worked at a pizza place for the summer. I quit when school started back up. A few weeks later I stopped in to get a pizza and say hi, but when I walked behind the counter I was told I wasnt allowed back there. I never ordered another pizza from that bastard again. Basically the same thing.

4. absolutsaints says: Jun 22, 2010 10:30 PM

WHO DAT!!!!!!

5. VoxVagina says: Jun 22, 2010 10:48 PM

@READY2CRUSH
    That was a great comparison. Haha

6. 64yrsBearFan says: Jun 22, 2010 10:53 PM

Brown was an OK player whose time to move on had come ! He won’t have to worry about being escorted out of Canton !!!

7. CleanSlaton says: Jun 22, 2010 10:54 PM

The Bears & Saints don’t play this year because the Bears won’t make the playoffs.
    p.s.- your SN columns on which teams will/won’t make the playoffs are horrible; your research must’ve been throwing darts at a dartboard labeled with NFL teams.

8. WetHog says: Jun 22, 2010 11:03 PM

9. Philtration says: Jun 22, 2010 11:05 PM

“We love Alex Brown,” the team official said. “He’s got friends throughout Halas Hall, but league rules don’t allow us to host a player under contract at our facility.”
    So what part of this does he not understand?
    I guess the same part that Florio does not get either.

10. 49erFanLivingInDallas says: Jun 22, 2010 11:18 PM

I’m curious…. are saints fans proud that they basically stole the whole “who…” thing from the Bengals?

11. Nola5712 says: Jun 22, 2010 11:24 PM

# WetHog says: June 22, 2010 11:03 PM
    “That “Who Dat” crap is getting really old. I guess some are trying to bring Ebonics back again?”
    i guess with a name like WetHog you’re trying to bring deliverance-like intelligence back again.

12. rovibe says: Jun 22, 2010 11:31 PM

Brown needs to Google NFL tampering rules.

13. Jack Torres says: Jun 22, 2010 11:45 PM

49er you are so off base.
    Check your history it’s definitely the other way around.

14. DitkaHalasPaytonButkusSayersGrange says: Jun 22, 2010 11:49 PM

Come on… the guy was in Chicago for how many years and was a great leader. Does anyone think he was there to steal secrets? Let the guy stop by and say hi to people he worked with for 10 years!

15. TheToolofTools says: Jun 22, 2010 11:50 PM

A Mrs. Gump (stupid is as stupid does) poster boy.

16. Alexsiev says: Jun 22, 2010 11:55 PM

@49erFanLivingInDallas
    …who stole it from LSU who stole it from etc..etc…
    Seriously? Is this really that big of a deal that you think people go around feeling “proud” about something like that? Do you also go to bed troubled every night that we “stole” the English language from the British?

17. Butkis-n-Ditka says: Jun 22, 2010 11:56 PM

I don’t think anyone would accuse the Bears of being a high-class organization, I’ll admit, but I had to get the real story from a COMMENT on this site?! C’mon Florio, I expect better from you . . .though I’ll point out that no one’s ever accused THIS site of being high-class, either. . .

18. daveomcd says: Jun 23, 2010 12:17 AM

“Unfortunately, the Saints and the Bears don’t play each other this year.”
    Your right… the Bears won’t make the playoffs this year.

19. roe says: Jun 23, 2010 12:36 AM

Maybe they’ll play each other in the NFC Championship game…
    Yeah and maybe I’ll take a dump on the ground and eat it.

20. Kay Bee says: Jun 23, 2010 12:50 AM

I would say he was there to spy…but why would you want to? The Bears are terrible.
    I also love how that Falcons “fan” (which even typing that makes me laugh since ATL is the worst pro sports city in America) Paulitik has the nerve to down the Saints. The Falcons are about as relevant as the Houston Oilers.

21. Kay Bee says: Jun 23, 2010 12:51 AM

64yrsBearFan says:
    June 22, 2010 10:53 PM
    —————————————————————-
    Sounds like you’re describing Brian Urlacher.

22. Kay Bee says: Jun 23, 2010 12:53 AM

49erFanLivingInDallas says:
    June 22, 2010 11:18 PM
    ———————————————————-
    You’ll hear it a lot more when the Saints beat the hell out of the 49ers this coming season (again).

23. jibfest says: Jun 23, 2010 1:08 AM

READY2CRUSH says:
    June 22, 2010 10:29 PM
    –Dude when you quit, you quit. You can’t just walk behind the counter and start slangin pies whenever you feel like it. I never ordered another pie after you left, you always had that special touch with the sauce. Not the same thing.

24. DARKTHRONE says: Jun 23, 2010 1:46 AM

OK 49er, you ruffled my feathers.
    Saints had that dumb-ass “Who…” thing 1st, period.
    It’s not like the Saints aren’t going to crush the 9ers this year anyway.
    SAINTS WILL DESTROY
    with a little help from Alex
    PA

25. REGGIEBUSH says: Jun 23, 2010 2:11 AM

Saints fans did not steal Who Dat from da Bengals ‘just like I didn’t steal nothing.

26. dustindmw says: Jun 23, 2010 2:14 AM

Should really report the whole story Florio. Thanks to the poster who provided the ESPN link, which actually does.

27. tinopuno says: Jun 23, 2010 2:51 AM

# absolutsaints says: June 22, 2010 10:30 PM
    WHO DAT!!!!!!
    ——————————————————
    Thanks so much for reminding us of the mind numbing stupidity of most Saints fans.

28. jfdane says: Jun 23, 2010 3:35 AM

Love the Who Dat reference. And we had it way before the Bengals there 49erfan.

29. cadillacjosh says: Jun 23, 2010 5:01 AM

I bet you could find a lot of sport teams in general that had a saying that started or revolved around “Who”.

30. floriosucksit says: Jun 23, 2010 5:20 AM

Saints fan don’t give a damn whether anybody
    likes it or not.
    WE WON THE SUPERBOWL.
    Whatever happens in the NFL after this, we don’t
    care, WE WON THE SUPERBOWL.
    (This message is valid for 30 days or until we
    play the friggin Heidi Hairs)

31. Little Tommy says: Jun 23, 2010 6:20 AM

What’s he thinking. Tea with ma McKaskey maybe.
    He was traded…he doesn’t belong in Halas hall anymore ’cause he’s not a member of the team anymore. Gimme a break.
    Get to N.O. and start training with the team that hired you! Yikes.

32. marcelino says: Jun 23, 2010 8:21 AM

I’ve worked with two NFL teams in different capacities and no team wants ex-players just walking onto their facilities. Not that he’s going to be a spy(now that’s a laugh, Brown spying) but why be there? You can look up ex teammates once they leave the facility, you can call, you really don’t have any business there anymore. Brown’s always been delusional, a real nice guy but delusional. Isn’t this the same guy that said he considered himself one of the best ends in football last season???

33. MuskyHunter2542 says: Jun 23, 2010 9:42 AM

WetHog says:
    June 22, 2010 11:03 PM
    Agreed, or it kind of reminds me of that guy in The Waterboy with that low scratchy voice.

34. BionicBillWalsh says: Jun 23, 2010 9:50 AM

I can’t believe that Florio isn’t somehow making a case for tampering against the Bears. After-all, their security team obviously had contact with another team’s player.

35. PURPLESTEEZ says: Jun 23, 2010 10:17 AM

The Saints steal vicodin not words- (this is valid for 30 days or until we play the taints)

36. Kay Bee says: Jun 23, 2010 10:26 AM

PURPLESTEEZ says:
    June 23, 2010 10:17 AM
    ———————————————————-
    Vikings have no Super Bowl victories-(this has and will always be valid).

37. DasBoot504 says: Jun 23, 2010 10:31 AM

might have had people in the front office he wanted to say hi to…..shouldn’t be suprised since he is on another team. non-story…….SUPERBOWL CHAMPION SAINTS h8rs……priceless.

38. CYGNUS X-1 says: Jun 23, 2010 10:34 AM

let me see if I get this straight ,mr. stickler for following rules to the letter(florio) somehow finds fault when a team(Da Bears) does just that?ans sorry if you don’t report the whole story it does show your anti-bears bias. as for the bears playing the saints,don’t count them out yet and they do have experiance beating the saints in the playoffs remember saints fans?and if I recall didn’t they do it with what everyone considered the worst qb ever at the time?also I rooted for the saints because I was sick of all the “our” colts bullshit here in Indiana but I am even more sick of your saints trash talk since you won.sick of all the katrina stories because the people there were to stupid to listen to the weather reports and leave when told a hurricane was coming.not my fault your elected officials were to coruppt to disrtibute aid money after either.you won the superbowl great now shut up!

39. purpleguy says: Jun 23, 2010 10:47 AM

He was escorted off the premises after he intercepted a Cutler pass.

40. Kay Bee says: Jun 23, 2010 12:06 PM

A certain Bears fan sounds bitter! LMAO I’m sure if the Bears won the Super Bowl you wouldn’t shut up about it. Keep letting the media form your opinions for you. Saints fans and New Orleans natives are sick of the Katrina talk as well. Know your facts before you spew your garbage…and don’t get mad because the Saints beat the Colts…something your Bears couldn’t do.

41. Ilovefoolsball says: Jun 23, 2010 12:14 PM

Paulitik says: June 22, 2010 10:20 PM
    I’d kick his arse out too. He’s got Ain’t stench all over him.
    #### him.
    ______________________________________
    that Ain’t stench is the sweet smell of a superbowl Championship victory defeating Peyton Manning, something the Bears weren’t competent enough to do with that Gross QB.

42. Kay Bee says: Jun 23, 2010 12:19 PM

Ilovefoolsball:
    Even worse…Paulitik is a Falcons fan…which makes me LOL.

43. rajuncajun63 says: Jun 23, 2010 9:48 PM

Bear-ly fans are as pathetic as Viqueens. Bunch of losers with the most obnoxious Midwestern accent. Boring damn,ugly people. And for the homo who is tired of Who Dat? Too damn bad. Who dat? We dat! Two dat! Get used to DAT! ‘effin loser…..

44. key918 says: Jun 24, 2010 12:09 AM

If only Alex had the same zest for getting to the quarterback as he does for getting into the headquarters of past employers – mark my words 4.5 sacks and a lot of complaining about lack of playing time.

45. geauxsaints25 says: Jun 24, 2010 4:25 PM

Stated by someone who calls himself a Wet Hog. HMMMM? Sounds real educated. Its called slang look it up. Never meant to be anything else but a chant! Stop hating and worry about those bad news bears…..WHO DAT!