Braylon Edwards can't wait to play the Lions, Browns

NFL_edwards2.jpgJets receiver Braylon Edwards is launching his first full season as a member of the New York Jets.  And he has circled on the calendar games against teams that reside in much smaller cities.

The Lions and the Browns.

Per Carlos Monarrez of the Detroit Free Press, Edwards looks forward to his November 7 return to Michigan.  “I’m excited to play back home,” Edwards recently said.  “It’ll be fun because I have so much family here that supports me.  So I can’t wait for them to get a chance to come to the game.”

The next week, he returns to his adopted home.

“Seven days later is the game I’m worried about,” Edwards said.  “We go to
Cleveland.  You know I’ve got a little chip on my shoulder the size of
the golden nugget.  So I can’t wait to go out there.”

Edwards may want to think twice about that one.  We hear that the 130-pound guy he beat up last year on his way out of Ohio has been working out.  Word is that he’s already up to 140.

Five more and he can definitely take Braylon.

Permalink 70 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
70 Responses to “Braylon Edwards can't wait to play the Lions, Browns”
  1. Ballinmore says: Jun 24, 2010 9:57 AM

2. Stillerz says: Jun 24, 2010 10:01 AM

Dont set the bar too high Braylon!!

3. realitypolice says: Jun 24, 2010 10:03 AM

I think most players in the NFL can’t wait to play the Lions and Browns.

4. js136202 says: Jun 24, 2010 10:03 AM

Browns fans are mean, spiteful, vengeful people. We have the game circled on our calendars too, so I’ll save up D batteries until then.

5. Bullet says: Jun 24, 2010 10:04 AM

Here’s the real reason Braylon wants to play Detroit and Cleveland… THEY SUCK!!!!

6. stampats says: Jun 24, 2010 10:06 AM

Guy has the talent to te the best WR in the game. Add that Now he has matured and 100% on the Rex Ryan Express, not to mention that he’s been released from that armpit called Cleveland….
    Watch for this guy to put up some gargantuan reception and TD numbers with the young QB taking huge strides…

7. simple_simon1 says: Jun 24, 2010 10:06 AM

LOL…. This proves it. Edwards has a bully mentality. He beat up a 130 pound guy when in Cleveland. Then, the teams he can’t wait to play on his stacked NY Jets team is the Lions and Browns. LOL….. I would have thought you might want to put up some good numbers against the Patriots or Dolphins. I hope the Lions and the Browns, win or lose, just give Edwards a beating.

8. mama tried says: Jun 24, 2010 10:11 AM

Great job Braylon!! Set your sights on 2 of the worst teams in the league!! How about some focus for NE and Miami!!

9. overkil2 says: Jun 24, 2010 10:12 AM

Nice. Your #1 WR is jacked up playing 2 of the worst teams in the NFL.
    Instead of maybe choosing 2 division rivals or the Real NY team, he chooses the 2 weak sisters of the league to get excited about.

10. luv2kilfish says: Jun 24, 2010 10:12 AM

Would Lebron James loose any popularity if he just walked up to Edwards and caved his face in? Not in my book. I might watch basketball if he did.

11. Flipadelphia says: Jun 24, 2010 10:13 AM

Maybe Louis Delmas will give him a nice welcome back to Michigan and break him in half.

12. ericmetcalf says: Jun 24, 2010 10:18 AM

Braylon doesn’t exactly have the most likeable personality, but Cleveland fans conducted themselves like apes the year after he went to the Pro Bowl.

13. Phil Hernon says: Jun 24, 2010 10:19 AM

Well that 130 pound guy has a friend named Lebron James that weighs 240 , that cant wait for Braylon to come back to Cleveland also.

14. Otto Graham says: Jun 24, 2010 10:21 AM

Won’t be saying some trash like this after T.J. gives him Brian Russel action lol.

15. themage78 says: Jun 24, 2010 10:21 AM

stampats says:
    June 24, 2010 10:06 AM
    ————————————————-
    Too bad he has stone hands in his gloves. Guy couldn’t catch a cold.
    This is the reason the Giants passed on him when they needed a WR. too many issues and drops.

16. damnitall says: Jun 24, 2010 10:25 AM

@js136202 says:
    June 24, 2010 10:03 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That’s not even close to being funny. Asshole.

17. Marino13 says: Jun 24, 2010 10:28 AM

rying catching the ball with ur hands first guy and not ur helmet…then maybe u can start talking,,,,

18. koch23jk says: Jun 24, 2010 10:29 AM

Get in line, everyone wants to play the Browns and the Lions…

19. texline says: Jun 24, 2010 10:29 AM

Just one time across the middle in Cleveland. Drop that pass that’s right in his hands and get his clock cleaned by Fujita. By the way, do you know who really likes male models? Other male models.

20. Zach says: Jun 24, 2010 10:33 AM

Excited about the 2 worst teams in the NFL? They’ll win and Jet fans will chant Super Bowl

21. Teblow Fever! says: Jun 24, 2010 10:37 AM

@Stampats…….hahahahaha! Dude is T.O. with no skills. I’m surprised you could spell gargantuan, must of googled it!

22. ErikInHell says: Jun 24, 2010 10:42 AM

I can’t wait either. There’s nothing like seeing that guy drop a game winning pass, and I’d love to see him ruin someone else’s season.

23. tdprog1 says: Jun 24, 2010 10:43 AM

Braylon I would like for you to meet TJ Ward.

24. megatron81 says: Jun 24, 2010 10:51 AM

I hope Delmas drags this piece of s*** out of Ford Field and curbstomps him on 8-mile.

25. Biglardawg says: Jun 24, 2010 10:53 AM

Braylon dropped the pen as he was circling the dates on the calendar.

26. herse182 says: Jun 24, 2010 10:53 AM

Does Braylon like to set himself up for failure? The second he drops his first pass in Cleveland (probably the first one thrown his way) and the fans will be all over him the rest of the day and he’ll just disappear and be a non factor.

27. JAJ says: Jun 24, 2010 10:53 AM

Braylon Edwards couldn’t catch herpes from a crackwhore.

28. AllThat says: Jun 24, 2010 11:08 AM

@realitypolice says:
    June 24, 2010 10:03 AM
    I think most players in the NFL can’t wait to play the Lions and Browns.
    =================================
    Couldn’t have said it any better

29. Stillerz says: Jun 24, 2010 11:08 AM

LeBron James doesnt have to hit Braylon in the face, the football does that for him once a week…

30. philwauke says: Jun 24, 2010 11:12 AM

Leveled by fujita? Seriously? Almost all the games the saints played last year i forgot he was out there. He went to Cleveland for a heyday. As far as having lebron as his 240lb friend, Lebron won’t be in Cleveland next year.

31. Deb_is_a_Giant_Squawking_Bird says: Jun 24, 2010 11:13 AM

Oh, I’m sure everyone on the Browns and Lions are shaking in their cleats over what this non-factor will do to them when the Jets come to town.
    Maybe once Braylon becomes the *reason* that the Jets win some games (as opposed to winning in spite of him), then people will worry about him. Until then, it’s basically a case of “We’d better play well because the Jets are coming in and they’re a playoff team- but Edwards isn’t much of a contributor to their success, so we’re not too worried about him individually.”

32. stampats says: Jun 24, 2010 11:14 AM

Meanwhile, most of you sheep have no clue how far down the drops list Edwards was last year just regurgitating the same ole stuff the cavemen in Cleveland believe…….
    I probably wouldn’t produce much either if I had to live in Cleveland.
    This will be Edward’s 1st season in the Bigs!!!!!
    Welcome to THE SHOW!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU BRAYLON…..

33. Jack Burton says: Jun 24, 2010 11:20 AM

The Clifford Franklin of the real world. “The football’s like a one-man cold to Braylon Edwards. Braylon Edwards’ the only man catchin’ it, Braylon Edwards” the only man comin’ down wid it. “

34. Burning River says: Jun 24, 2010 11:22 AM

Almost every year, one team emerges from nowhere to kick ass in the NFL. Just like every year, there are teams that think they should automatically be given a spot in the Super Bowl.
    This year, there may well be TWO teams that exceed the low expectations of some of the “fans” here… the Browns and the Lions.
    Some of you cocky bastards are in for a surprise…or two.

35. stampats says: Jun 24, 2010 11:27 AM

Didn’t Obama promise that we would pull out of Cleveland??????
    1st any Cleveland Indian worth anything,…Then Braylon… Next Lebron, then we’ll have to search long and hard for anyone else in that whole state worthy of coming to NY.
    Right now off the top of my head I can’t name another decent sports figure – I’ll try google.

36. BrownsClown says: Jun 24, 2010 11:30 AM

“Hands of Stone” again proves he has ‘head of air’!
    I think those teams can’t wait to play against Braylon. After dealing with NE and Miami those alligator arms will be less than two inches long!

37. HarrisonHits says: Jun 24, 2010 11:30 AM

“Now he has matured and 100% on the Rex Ryan Express”
    @stampats,
    Ummm, if he had matured he wouldn’t have opened his mouth about the Browns and Lions.
    And Rex Ryan “Express” ? ROFL you mean the one that backed into the playoffs only because both Cincy and Indy lay down for them ? That “Express” ? Good luck on that happening a 2nd time.

38. DallasRavens says: Jun 24, 2010 11:35 AM

……overachiever

39. Cornerdenizen says: Jun 24, 2010 11:37 AM

So he’s excited to play in his home town and against his former team.
    And all the ‘tough guys’ weigh in, especially Florio, the toughest guy of them all.
    Now if someone like Wes Welker had said such things, youd all be jacking yourselves off. “Oh, what a competitor: and “oh, its so great he has love for his home town. He hasnt ‘forgotten where he came from.’
    I agree that in many ways Edwards is very punkish (mostly his incessant commentary on Michigan’s coach) But can you just try to keep it in perspective?

40. BrownsTown says: Jun 24, 2010 11:41 AM

stampats,
    The one where the ball bounced off of his facemask counts for five drops. That might be the disconnect between the two sets of ‘drop’ counts.

41. TheBengal13 says: Jun 24, 2010 11:49 AM

Braylon then tried to show the “Golden Nugget Chip on his shoulder” to the reporter, Monarrez, but it fell through his hands as he grabbed it to show him.

42. stampats says: Jun 24, 2010 11:56 AM

@ Harrisonusesdrugs
    Yeah cuz, it’s so immature to say you can’t wait to play in front of your friends and family back home.. DID YOU EVEN READ THE ARTICLE… DUHHHHH.
    And regarding Cincy – The Jets absolutely obliterated Cincy on Jets turf, On cincy turf, every which way – I wouldn’t bring Cincy into the talk at all…. Pretty sure the Jets proved their worth then going to SD and beating up the mighty Chargers… 2 Road wins in the playoffs is nothing to sneeze at – REAL football people don’t
    Thanks for playing though…. Did you supply Rodeny yourself?

43. simple_simon1 says: Jun 24, 2010 12:01 PM

When he comes to Detroit he should make sure to walk across the field and say hi to a real WR in Calvin Johnson. Maybe meet him before the game and go over some pass route running and how to catch the ball with a real professional. Then, before the first offensive snap, make nice with Delmas so he doesn’t catch you coming over the middle. If he does, you won’t be playing the rest of the game anyways Braylon.

44. Steve says: Jun 24, 2010 12:04 PM

As they’re carrying Braylon off the field in Cleveland on a stretcher, maybe he’ll be able to ask someone if his modeling career will be put in jeopardy because of the injury.

45. Steve says: Jun 24, 2010 12:22 PM

Sanchez throws it deep downfield … Braylon Edwards is wide open …. oh no! He dropped the ball — again.
    Sanchez hands it off … it’s a sweep …. oh geez! He’s caught behind the line of scrimmage because Braylon Edwards didn’t block the cornerback. I guess he didn’t want to get a scratch on that pretty little face of his.

46. JetsAreAJoke says: Jun 24, 2010 12:50 PM

Biglardawg says:
    June 24, 2010 10:53 AM
    Braylon dropped the pen as he was circling the dates on the calendar.
    _____________________________
    Best post of the day!!!!

47. browniebuck says: Jun 24, 2010 12:51 PM

darn…someone beat me to the Clifford Franklin gloss….I for one will be at the Browns/Jets game wearing my retro-fitted #17 Butterfingers jersey!

48. JetsAreAJoke says: Jun 24, 2010 12:52 PM

Cornerdenizen says:
    June 24, 2010 11:37 AM
    __________________________
    Uh, maybe because Wes Welker has done something in his career besides talk? Oooooops, I forgot that BEdwards has the record for most drops in a season. I guess that’s *something*.

49. Popeye says: Jun 24, 2010 12:55 PM

I love an over hyped WR who has hands of stone who runs his mouth more than our President…..they both suck at their jobs too…hahahahhahahahahah

50. NickSabanSucks says: Jun 24, 2010 1:07 PM

I’m sure they are going to be really concerned when you are dropping passes all over their endzones. I’d be willing to bet Ted Ginn strikes about as much fear into NFL teams as you. Hell Braylon Edwards and Ted Ginn need to make an instructional video on how to receive passes. They can call it “How to Have Hands Like Feet”

51. texasPHINSfan says: Jun 24, 2010 1:18 PM

“Ballinmore says:
    June 24, 2010 9:57 AM
    Maybe he should focus on catching a football before he worries about what team he’s playing against”
    ———————————————
    ahahahahahaha!!!! well-done!

52. Muck Fodell says: Jun 24, 2010 1:30 PM

@stampats
    Enjoy Edwards, dude. He’s a jackass and if you haven’t seen it yet, you will.
    And also enjoy you’re 8-8 (at best) season.
    And I get the feeling you really don’t need any help there…

53. XLI says: Jun 24, 2010 1:34 PM

Pretty sure every team looks forward to playing the Lions and Browns… the easiest Ws most teams get all year.

54. kvh59 says: Jun 24, 2010 1:37 PM

Braylon is just preping for his two good games of 2010!

55. joey-pickles says: Jun 24, 2010 1:40 PM

I read this article a few days ago, and what I took away from it was, “I want to play in Detroit because I only played there once my rookie year when I was a bench warmer and I would like my family to come out and see me play”, and “Cleveland saw fit to trade me rather than keep me, so I have a chip on my shoulder”.
    Then Florio drops any anti-Jets BS all over it and poof! Edwards is a thug ready to maul the first 130lb pissant that crosses his path.
    Pathetic Florio… truly pathetic!

56. JetsAreAJoke says: Jun 24, 2010 1:55 PM

@ joey the pickle says,
    Waaaaah Waaaaaah. You said sumtin bad about the jestys. Waaaaaah. Typical jest fan!!!!
    SAME OL’ JESTS!!!!! It’s in their DNA.

57. gallogj says: Jun 24, 2010 1:59 PM

Nobody in Cleveland is worried about you catching balls here…if history is an indicator…you won’t.

58. joey-pickles says: Jun 24, 2010 2:04 PM

@ JetsAreAJoke
    LMAO… I’m not even sure what being a pickle means…
    LOV’N TH’M JETS!!!!! It’s in your DNA.

59. stampats says: Jun 24, 2010 2:21 PM

@ And don’t make comments about someplace you’ve obviously never been. It really makes you look stupid.
    I was in Cleveland for a wedding once….. The wedding was cool as all hell but the rest of the weekend people took turns going to the R&R Hall of fame….. I skipped it.
    Who is stupid now? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOPPA!

60. rolli1967 says: Jun 24, 2010 2:36 PM

stampats says:
    June 24, 2010 11:14 AM
    I probably wouldn’t produce much either if I had to live in Cleveland.
    This will be Edward’s 1st season in the Bigs!!!!!
    Welcome to THE SHOW!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU BRAYLON…..
    ————————————————
    Stampats- The comment in caps “WE LOVE YOU BRAYLON…..” sounds kind of gay, but I guess that kind of thing is the norm in NY.
    Before you go spouting your imbecilic mouth off about how great your boy Braylon is and how he is going to kick the Browns’ ass…..teach the man-boy how to catch the football and while you are at it…..teach your boy Sanchez to throw the ball to his own team.
    How does it feel to have a QB that the Browns drafted and then traded away to the YETS and how does it feel to have a former Browns WR who can’t catch a cold…let alone a football???

61. stampats says: Jun 24, 2010 2:54 PM

@ ROlli Before you go spouting your imbecilic mouth off about how great your boy Braylon is and how he is going to kick the Browns’ ass…..
    Rolley ole boy – I never said anything about kicking the Browns ass…
    Back to school for you. Sorry.
    And yeah, in NYC I have a few Gay friends – Damn good people sorry you have a hang up on that kind of stuff, I say to each is own, my friends are good people I’m happy with my WIFE though….
    FOOL.

62. JetsAreAJoke says: Jun 24, 2010 3:23 PM

joey-pickles says:
    June 24, 2010 2:04 PM
    @ JetsAreAJoke
    LMAO… I’m not even sure what being a pickle means…
    LOV’N TH’M JETS!!!!! It’s in your DNA.
    _____________________________
    How could you? You’re a pickle or is that you ARE pickled.
    Love that comedy show……the jests.

63. Bious says: Jun 24, 2010 4:20 PM

Why doesn’t he worry about just catching the balls?
    He drops a ridiculous amount of important balls

64. 81megatron81 says: Jun 24, 2010 4:38 PM

Jets will be 0-2 in that 2 week span…

65. steve2006 says: Jun 24, 2010 5:24 PM

According to profootballfocus.com, Edwards led the league with 19 dropped passes in 2008. He had only 4 drops in 2009 (46th in the league). Still, in 2009 he was rated as the only the 50 best WR receiver overall and the 36th best pass catcher by profootballfocus. Statistically, Jerricho Cotchery was a much better WR for the Jets.

66. trickbunny says: Jun 24, 2010 8:28 PM

I once saw Edwards drop a ball on purpose when he played in Cleveland. No, it wasn’t a “that’s what I think I saw moment”- he just plain dropped the ball on purpose.
    He was a couple yards outside the end zone and had to jump to make the catch. As he was coming down, his legs were in the air straight out in front of him and he tucked the ball into his left outer thigh. The ball was completely controlled and in his grasp firmly. Just a split second before he hit the ground (he was going to land on his ass), I CLEARLY SAW him open his fingers and let the ball just drop out. I am 200% certain because they even showed slo-mo replays and it was obvious.

67. JetsAreAJoke says: Jun 24, 2010 9:02 PM

“*That’s* what kind of football player this egomaniacal loser is. Just wait until something happens in NY (‘scuse me, I mean NJ) that he doesn’t like, and he’ll be quitting on the field there, too. Guarantee it.”
    Then, he fits in perfectly with the rest of that overrated, overhyped bunch of scumbags.

68. rconner821 says: Jun 24, 2010 9:57 PM

Braylon blows – just wait Jets fan.

69. xskippzx says: Jun 24, 2010 10:51 PM

Braylon Edwards is a walking joke. That “chip” on his shoulder has nothing to do with the Browns – it’s due to the fact that he never became the marketable icon he thought he was going to be coming out of college. Don’t blame Cleveland that you can’t catch 80% of the balls that hit you in the numbers.
    The scouting report on this idiot going in to the draft was that his head was never in the game which resulted in too many dropped balls. Several years later, nothing has changed. The Browns all but wasted that #3 pick on this loser.
    Good luck with this jerkoff when he starts piling on Rex and Mark for too many passes going in Cotchery and Holmes’ direction, Jets fans. B-U-S-T! BUST! BUST! BUST!

70. J-Lamont says: Jul 2, 2010 2:47 PM

Edwards didn’t have as many drops once he left Cleveland because the Jets gave up passing the ball to him after so many weeks. Every DB in the league was starting to look forward to the Sanchez to Edwards tandum. As far as his comments. The Jets/Browns game will be interesting for several reasons. Cleveland does after all have a few former Jets coaches and players on their staff and the current Jets head coaches TWIN BROTHER is their defensive coordinator. The Browns are the team you can’t predict because they are a new team from top to bottom. You can’t even really go by last years stats and even if you could would you go by the team who couldn’t score a touchdown to save their life at the beginning of the season or the team who’s running game was virtually unstoppable and knocked two teams out of playoff contention at the end of the season?