Haynesworth's lawsuits keep piling up

Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has found himself on the wrong side of more than a few lawsuits.  Most recently, a bank sued him for failing to make payments on a $2.38 million loan he took out in June 2009 — only three months after signing a deal with a practical value of four years, $48 million.  He also faces a lawsuit from a man seriously injured in an accident allegedly caused by Haynesworth, who allegedly was driving too fast.  He’s also battling with his ex-wife over health insurance and child support.

Then there’s the $100 million paternity suit filed by an exotic dancer in New York.

A reader has tipped us off to another lawsuit involving Haynesworth.  It possibly arises out of a group known as Crestview Townhomes, LLC.  A pending lawsuit that had a court hearing on Wednesday includes Haynesworth and Bryan Puckett, two members of the Crestview Townhomes organization, and CP Construction, LLC.  The plaintiff in the case is a company known as Dale and Associates, a Nashville engineering firm.

There’s another lawsuit filed only against Haynesworth by Dale and Associates, which also went to court on Wednesday.

We’ve yet to track down any details regarding these cases.  But we’ve got a feeling that the claims generally arise from Haynesworth and/or the other defendants owing money, and not paying the money.

Permalink 30 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
30 Responses to “Haynesworth's lawsuits keep piling up”
  1. thunderdog says: Jun 24, 2010 7:23 AM

The paternity suit is $10 million, you have an extra zero in there.

2. hennemarshall says: Jun 24, 2010 7:32 AM

Haynesworth sure does live in his own little fantasy world doesn’t he? What is this guy thinking? I’m gonna take out multiple loans with no intention of paying any of them back…. I’m gonna knock up some stripper knowing full well that she’s gonna take a crazy amount of my cash… Then I’m gonna demand that I want a trade after I’m already paid a $20 million bonus because my team is switching schemes… What a douche…

3. myspaceyourface says: Jun 24, 2010 7:33 AM

why hasn’t GODell reigned this guy in yet.
    only ben.

4. Orakpwnd says: Jun 24, 2010 7:33 AM

I think this guy is ripe for an appearance on Southpark… followed by Maury.

5. Black QB White RB says: Jun 24, 2010 7:34 AM

Isn’t it rich when guys paid sooo much money not only don’t wanna work for that money, they don’t want to pay their bills either!
    Love guys with real character like Albert Haynesworth…..

6. thetechnocrat says: Jun 24, 2010 7:43 AM

Sounds like a lot of brown flags that somehow didn’t change the mind of Snyder as to what kind of person he is. You get what you get.

7. Jayroc24 says: Jun 24, 2010 7:50 AM

Could not have happened to a better person…..

8. lurch's nyquil says: Jun 24, 2010 7:53 AM

This is great news. I only wish there was a way Danny Boy could sue him and get his money back, then drop him like a bad habit. Hopefully no other team will pick up this fat turd. Hey a person can dream. Hey Worthless kharma is a biatch.

9. Bwa Ha Ha says: Jun 24, 2010 8:09 AM

Looks like Albert needs to get those ‘skins to cut him so he can get a new contract with the next sucker.

10. rolli1967 says: Jun 24, 2010 8:12 AM

The Foreskins theme song in training camp:
    Hey, hey, hey!
    Here’s Fat Albert
    And I’m gonna sing a song for you
    And this is gonna show you
    A thing or two
    You’ll have some fun now
    AND NOT DO A THING
    With me and the gang
    Learning from each other
    how to rip off everything ???
    Na, na, na
    Gonna have a good time
    Na, na, na
    Gonna have a good time
    Hey, hey, hey!

11. IndianScalper says: Jun 24, 2010 8:22 AM

Fat Albert at it again! LMAO

12. the big bronco says: Jun 24, 2010 8:25 AM

Al Davis, please trade for and sign A H and Jamarcus Russell to long term deals. common Al, you can do it. If you added Javon Walker , that would round out my fantasy.

13. GassiusClay says: Jun 24, 2010 8:32 AM

Everyone has their hands out…hopefully my Skins can get some of that money back!!!

14. EShine says: Jun 24, 2010 8:40 AM

Hmmm… AH not living up to his obligations?? That’s a surprise.

15. KnuckleBucket says: Jun 24, 2010 8:44 AM

Can he get suspended by the league for being a deadbeat? Pathetic when a guy with this much money can’t pay his bills.

16. FAS says: Jun 24, 2010 9:04 AM

Yep, these allegations are a real kick in the head.

17. theTRUTHwillSETuFREE says: Jun 24, 2010 9:11 AM

the big bronco says: June 24, 2010 8:25 AM
    —————————————————
    Your such a tool. Why do you bring the Raiders up in every post? Your team is going to be a disaster this year. Not to mention the fact that the 5-11 Raiders scraped your ass on your home turf last year. STFU!! Your an idiot….
    Josh McDaniels, please trade away all your talent. Get into pissing matches with all your players, and single handedly destroy all chances of you being a competitive team for the upcoming season………….Oh, wait a minute…that already happened. Thanks!! Douche!!

18. Blackbeard says: Jun 24, 2010 9:20 AM

Haynesworth stays in shape in the offseason by running to court!

19. Jungle Juice says: Jun 24, 2010 9:26 AM

Why would someone who got 30-40 mil need to take out a loan?
    He probably has more cash than the bank that he borrowed from!

20. PurpleNGold says: Jun 24, 2010 9:34 AM

@ Orakpwnd
    Hilarious!

21. Tinbender says: Jun 24, 2010 9:35 AM

FAS says:
    June 24, 2010 9:04 AM
    Yep, these allegations are a real kick in the head
    ————————————————————
    Well played

22. Tom says: Jun 24, 2010 10:18 AM

All those NFL teams have lined up to sign him to a long term contract. NAH!!!

23. rough_cutter says: Jun 24, 2010 10:19 AM

geez what is really goin on? why is he not paying his bills? broke? I mean, where is the money going if it’s not to pay off his debts? what’s the next headline? “Haynesworth gets his lights cut off, gets sued by power company”? but honestly how bad you think the redskins want to ship this guy out of town. Plenty of teams make mistakes with signings, but this one has turned out terrible on many levels.

24. Bro Skins Fan says: Jun 24, 2010 11:15 AM

I cant wait to hear about this guy washing cars 10 years from now.

25. Cubano says: Jun 24, 2010 11:40 AM

Hey, I want to file a lawsuit too!!! Florio, will you be my lawyer? I’m thinking you can easily get me $2.00 – $2.50 settlement! You’re that good!

26. bbeer says: Jun 24, 2010 11:48 AM

@thetruth
    Josh McDaniels, please trade away all your talent. Get into pissing matches with all your players, and single handedly destroy all chances of you being a competitive team for the upcoming season………….O h, wait a minute…that already happened. Thanks!! Douche!
    ————–
    You win. I hope the broncos suck, mcdaniels is a douche. Although, I do hate that entire division

27. BigMikeSkinsFan says: Jun 24, 2010 11:49 AM

rolli, you didnt do a thing but change ONE line. is that really what you call creative? what a damn shame you wasted this thread space.
    as for albert, i bet your big ass wants to show up now and earn the rest of your money. i hope that youre cut and realize what you pissed away like a chump.

28. rolli1967 says: Jun 24, 2010 12:34 PM

BigMikeSkinsFan says:
    June 24, 2010 11:49 AM
    ————————————————-
    @BigMikeSkins…I don’t hate the Skins….hell they don’t even play in the same conference as the Browns.
    I was just trying to poke fun at the the Fat Albert situation and I wanted to change up
    a couple of lines to the old Fat Albert theme song to more fit the Haynesworth situation, and put it on a different “Fat Albert” Thread.
    I would hate that fat greedy bastard too if he played for the Browns. You signed a lucrative contract now go and EARN your big pile of dough.
    I’m glad the Browns would show no interest him….the Brownies also run the 3-4 and he would not work, especially with the Skins giving him a huge contract (bad mistake by the previous guy, maybe Shanny will turn things around for you guys, just like I’m hoping Holmy will turn things around for the Brownies) .

29. texasPHINSfan says: Jun 24, 2010 2:02 PM

He sure knows how to cash checks though, huh?
    (too soon?)

30. steelcityrapists says: Jun 24, 2010 3:44 PM

Karma people. He will get hit by a car or a crackback block and get paralyzed. The only person I hate more then this guy is that rapist from the steelers. The parents for both of these so called role models should be punished. Way to raise a loser.