Vick's lawyer stands by timeline

Last night, I wrote that Michael Vick’s lawyer better hope that the restaurant owner who threw Michael Vick’s birthday party lied when he disputed Vick’s timeline on the night in question.

Vick’s attorney Larry Woodward is not backing down.

“I stand by what I said, that Michael was long gone before the shooting,
does not know who did the shooting and had nothing to do with the
shooting. Anyone who says any different better be very careful,” Woodward told the Philadelphia Daily News.

Vick’s side says he left the scene anywhere from 10-30 minutes before the shooting.

Thankfully, this is a case where we can definitively prove who’s right quickly.  The restaurant owner says he has video of Vick leaving 3 minutes before the shooting.  Woodward isn’t backing down.

We’ll find out the truth soon enough.  The eye in the sky don’t lie.

Permalink 90 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
90 Responses to “Vick's lawyer stands by timeline”
  1. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 11:08 AM

No news.
    one second or 30 minutes, it doesn’t matter. He wasn’t there.
    Can everyone give this a rest? btw I still will be 99.9% right.

2. DoomsDayD75 says: Jun 30, 2010 11:09 AM

“Anyone who says any different should be very careful”
    Or what? They’ll get shot by one of Vicks thugs?
    I don’t see how Vick can’t be suspected of wrong doing in this. He was at a club full of his friends in Virginia Beach and I’m sure many of those people have been his friends for a long time. He could have easily said “hey man, this guy is pissing me off, go take care of him” and then left the party.

3. Nate is Gay for Brady says: Jun 30, 2010 11:09 AM

If you post this every five minutes, it still doesn’t tell us anything. Shift gears and throw in 4 or 5 Brett Farve posts.

4. Bill In DC says: Jun 30, 2010 11:10 AM

so we’re talking a difference of 7 minutes? *shrugs*
    10 minutes doesn’t qualify as ‘a good long time’ to me, but then, I also didn’t buy Clinton’s definition of ‘is’ or ‘sex’ either.

5. gopackers67 says: Jun 30, 2010 11:13 AM

- Or what? Vick will have him shot?

6. Nogard13 says: Jun 30, 2010 11:14 AM

The eye in the sky don’t lie but if the shooting is recorded from another camera (one where we don’t see Vick leave), then it’s possible that the time stamp on one of the cameras was altered. Unless it can be proven by continuous tape, it’s hearsay.

7. TheToolofTools says: Jun 30, 2010 11:14 AM

His lawyer wasn’t there and Vick is a proven lair.
    He should be very careful what he says, but he’s and attorney so he’s a trained professional in the art.

8. JimmySmith says: Jun 30, 2010 11:15 AM

The eye in the sky don’t lie but Vick has in the past and is likely to say anything to protect his salary.
    Kick his felon ass out of the NFL.

9. ADogDC says: Jun 30, 2010 11:18 AM

PFT gotta be one of the pettiest people out there…….
    If the dude wasn’t there…..He wasn’t there…Go back to chasing ambulances….

10. Zinn says: Jun 30, 2010 11:18 AM

who cares? PFT loves to make a big deal about nothing.
    What does it matter when he left as long as he was gone before the shooting. Why would he know how much time had passed between the shooting and when he left? He may have an opinion as to the time frame but that does not mean its right. Look at the people that post here. Most have strong opinions but most are always wrong.
    Got to love PFT’s ability to get page hits and a story out of nothing.

11. AlanSaysYo says: Jun 30, 2010 11:19 AM

Seven minutes makes all the difference in the world. If Vick only left three minutes before the shooting, he could have easily fired one of those slow-flow bullets with a long travel time, the got in the car and left before it hit Quanis Phillips. Simple math, look it up.

12. jersey73 says: Jun 30, 2010 11:19 AM

They need some DNA evidence to really have a rock solid case…oops, guess not (right O.J.???)

13. Meat Tuperello says: Jun 30, 2010 11:20 AM

I’m tired of this he wasn’t there defense.
    Jon Matlock, attorney at joke, If I ask you to do me a favor, it doesn’t necessarily have to occur in my presence. If I ask you to drop off something at my house, and leave it on the porch if I am not there, does that mean it couldn’t have happened? Of course not.
    If I ask thug a to cap thug b, he can do it on the spot, or he can wait, 3 minutes, 7, 10,20, 30 or “long after”.
    Considering who was shot, odds are in favor some Vick involvement as opposed to zero Vick involvement.

14. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 11:20 AM

- Or what? Vick will have him shot?
    ============================
    Also for ANYBODY who is saying it’s not far fetched to see in their head.. Vick had a buddy shoot him yadada. Ok, I can do that too.
    Noguard13 is the shooter. I know this and can easily figure it out because of his and everyone he knows onlines furious hatred with Vick. They heard of his party and knew it was an opportunity to have him thrown back in Jail let alone removed from the NFL. They drove to the bar and started a confrontation and shot one of his friends. Who WAS associating with vick and being his friend… him being the trouble maker was just a coverup.
    See, I can come up with logical retarded stories that fit in a small box of internet reality as well.

15. leaguemvp says: Jun 30, 2010 11:22 AM

What difference does it make if he left 3 minutes or 30 minutes before the shooting? If he was gone then he couldnt have shot anyone. right?
    whats next? If the bank gets robbed 5 minutes after i leave does that mean im guilty? does that mean i did it and i should be locked up for life???

16. Mr Krinkle says: Jun 30, 2010 11:23 AM

Dumbest player in the history of the league.

17. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 11:24 AM

You people just will continue going off on delusional nonesense and speculation with NO EVIDENCE just media hearsay.
    Thats the difference. You can come up with as many conspiracy theories as you would like. (I’m sure you are the same people who claim 9-11, Pearl harbor, (and since 07) Mt. Rushmore is a big Gov’t conspiracy.
    Sure it’s easy to play connect the dots in your head.. too bad theres a thing called evidence and SOLID FACT. Haha…. I really do get a kick out of reading some of these THROW HIM IN JAIL POSTS… when he did nothing. It makes me stand by my findings that 1/4 of Americans are retarded.

18. robert ethen says: Jun 30, 2010 11:28 AM

Mike operates on NFL player time. With extra “0″s on the end.

19. godofwine says: Jun 30, 2010 11:31 AM

Y’all want to see Vick fail. As I said before. “As much as some of you want to, we are not going to retry. It’s inappropriate, and you’re not qualified.”

20. HarrisonHits says: Jun 30, 2010 11:32 AM

“Anyone who says any different better be very careful or they’ll get what Quanis Phillips got”
    There fixed the quote for him.

21. jerseykingpin says: Jun 30, 2010 11:32 AM

Was Vicks lawer there if not how who gave him the timeline when Vick left. Gee we all know Vicks a upstanding guy who won’t lie about the timeline . And that the shoots didn’t come from the way he drove off hmmmmmmm

22. EverybodyGotAIDS says: Jun 30, 2010 11:35 AM

leaguemvp says:
    June 30, 2010 11:22 AM
    _______________
    That depends. Did the bank manager testify against you in a court case? Are you on parole or probation and not suposed to associate with anyone in the bank? Do you have a history of violent and criminal behavior?

23. It puts the lotion on the skin says: Jun 30, 2010 11:35 AM

Ummmmm, if you werent there when the shooting happened, how do you know you left (X) minutes before the shooting?
    I am just figuring, if I am at a club, and I leave, how do I know when shots were fired? I wouldnt know, all I would know is I left before the shooting. Put a timeline on when I left, ie 10 mins, 20 mins, 30 mins, etc, is irrelevant, unless you are trying a little too hard to prove you werent there…..
    I actually think this is a non story, and I certainly dont support Vick, but his eagerness to prove he is a change man, has brought up a lot of questionable comments

24. Shaun Lowrie says: Jun 30, 2010 11:36 AM

Fail to see why the time matters and I believe considering that he wasn’t there for the actual incident to know how long before, it’s unfair to ask him to figure out exactly how long it occurred after he left?

25. chc4 says: Jun 30, 2010 11:39 AM

godofwine says “We want to see Vick fail”
    If we wanted to see Vick fail we’d be pulling for him to win a starting job next season.

26. cbrianwatkins says: Jun 30, 2010 11:43 AM

this is as bad as everyone saying he didnt kill dogs so he’s not in the wrong
    first, he may not have killed any dogs, but he did fund an illegal dogfighting operation
    now, everyone is saying he wasnt there when shots rang out, so he has nothing to worry about
    however, i dont think thats what the Commish cares about, the fact is, one of his degenerate thugs was at the party, the same thug the Commish told him to stay away from
    Vick could have easily made arrangements to ensure none of these thugs were allowed in the club, and he DIDN’T
    Hence why he will be (and should be) in violation of his agreement with the Commish

27. Harm City Homer says: Jun 30, 2010 11:44 AM

As long as he wsa not there when it happend, how did he even know when it happened if he was not behind it all along lurking in the shadows like ninja?

28. lurch says: Jun 30, 2010 11:46 AM

The horse is long(pun intended) dead by now so stop beating it alrady. Long gone maybe means different things to different people. A lot of things can happen after he left even if it was only 3 minutes.

29. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 11:46 AM

people just have this boxed in reality and can’t think rationally.
    “He left in the direction of the shots.” Um.. Was this a one way road with no turn offs? haha… How far can a car go in “3″ minutes..
    again all speculation and witch hunts. Isnt it funny that the people who HAVE THE EVIDENCE/FACTS the POLICE continue to say he is of NO INTEREST? haha.. I’ll take them over a media report any day.
    Oh and for those who say he planned a hit? Hmm, IF I planned an attack, I would def make sure I left in THE OTHER DIRECTION. /boggle
    the lack common sense and grasp on reality on this board is completely lost.

30. Meldog says: Jun 30, 2010 11:53 AM

That lawyer is a jackass for making a comment like that. I hate lawyers but I certainly don’t doubt that Vick needs one right now.
    Stay away from trouble you dumbass! And if you can’t stay away from trouble, pick a lawyer who helps make you look innocent. Not one who threatens witnesses.
    Going to that party was a mistake. It was not “Mike Vick’s birthday party thrown by his friends and family”. It was thrown by some crappy promotional company. Most restaurants and banquet halls don’t rent their space to these guys because they know the crap that comes with the type of people that attend. These companies can’t rent a venue based on their own credentials so they find ways to make a party look legit. Vick probably made a couple grand for showing up. Was it worth it?

31. elgranderojo79 says: Jun 30, 2010 11:55 AM

I agree that it doesn’t a matter if you left 3 minutes or 30 minutes before in regards to pulling a trigger. However Vick’s role in the situation could/would be dramatically different if he left 30 minutes or 3 minutes before. Additionally, lying to the police about it creates an appearance of guilt to some degree, which can be used in court and which is probably some type of crime all of its own.

32. MrHumble says: Jun 30, 2010 11:59 AM

His lawyer should be charged with making threats to potential witnesses “anyone who says any different better be careful”…..why is that lawyers get licensed to lie and the rest of us get charged with perjury. Defending a client with FACTS is one thing but when the evidence, trial and in many cases the verdict determines that the lawyer was lying, why aren’t they held accountable??? Just sayin’……….

33. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 12:04 PM

Yea it does make it dramatically “different”. The longer he left before hand would be the most probable of a connection because he wanted his “hit” to happen while he wasn’t there.
    Just a little taste of reality.
    #2 Where idd he ONCE lie to Police? You do understand he never once gave an “Exact” time of departure and said I am 100% certain etc? in no way did he lie.. and the police themselves back this up by saying.. again “VICK IS OF NO INTEREST TO US”
    An appearance of guilt? nothing here can be used in court cause its SPECULATION. So it is NO crime. spare me god. REALITY CHECK people. Leave your basements and go into the real world.

34. HarrisonHits says: Jun 30, 2010 12:09 PM

“heres a tip to all the uninformed people. If OFFICERS with the EVIDENCE say he is of “NO” interest then thats that.”
    What like the local prosecutor in the dog fighting case who said there was nothing to see there, move along ? And what happened after the Feds went in, what was it they found ?
    @Jon Evans you’re just a real legal mastermind you are.

35. face od reason says: Jun 30, 2010 12:10 PM

j evans….
    so after reading ALL your posts I have to think you are the most delusional one on the board..

36. Enrgy2Burn says: Jun 30, 2010 12:10 PM

JonEvans – There is a reason you can come up with retarded stories and perhaps it is because you belong in your theoretical 25%.
    This is not a criminal proceeding (yet) so it is not about evidence. It is about common sense and whether he is doing ALL of the things he needs to in order to remain employed in the NFL. In my opinion, he has not. The party was a stupid thing to do – open to the public in the area where your most heinous crimes were committed and INVITING Quanis Philips’ brother (Like Q wasn’t gonna show). He left 3 mins before the shooting and left in the direction of the shooting. He could easily (and, in my opinion likely did) say something that resulted in someone being shot. It could have been a direct statement of something more innocent like ‘someone should teach him a lesson’. Either way, when you roll with thugs, that is what happens and that is the behavior that was to be avoided in order to remain in the NFL.
    I hope he gets what is coming to him and I hope he enjoys his life as a thug – the life he has chosen!

37. Tinbender says: Jun 30, 2010 12:11 PM

Yep, sure sounds like witness intimidation.

38. BlondBlueDevils says: Jun 30, 2010 12:15 PM

Didn’t you “BlueEyeDevils” learn from the O.J. murder trial?
    “If it don’t fit, must acquit”
    HA HA HA

39. cowboy452 says: Jun 30, 2010 12:16 PM

Someone else had to tell Vick how long the shooting happened after he left — he wasn’t there. Thus, whether it was 30 minutes after he left or 3 minutes after he left doesn’t go to Vick’s credibility, but to the credibility of the people Vick talked to.

40. GIBoxer5 says: Jun 30, 2010 12:16 PM

So if 7 minutes doesn’t matter than why is Vick lying to the police about it?? That’s right honor students because it DOES matter. Can’t wait to see this supreme POS get taken down again. Hope he learned something when he was working construction because that will soon be one of his only options…

41. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 12:16 PM

I’m just a mastermind on almost everything. Again, in the end I will be 99.9% right. (If I didn’t have to live on other peoples information and actually saw what the authorities have I would be 100%.)
    The only reasoning people have on here is their own hatred for the individual which as I said in my “hypothetical you could have done it” plot is same if not more “Evidence” by this boards standards to convict you of this crime.

42. The Hogster says: Jun 30, 2010 12:16 PM

@MR HUMBLE: Please stop now before you sound any dumber. The lawyer said that anyone who says Vick had something to do with the shooting better be careful…likely because they could face a lawsuit for defamation of character, slander, or libel.
    And why don’t lawyers go to jail for lying??? Aside from the fact that we wouldn’t have any lawyers – their job is to ADVOCATE on behalf of their client, which in some cases means, support or reiterate their CLIENT’S version of the story. There are lawyers on both sides you know…which means that logically ONE of them is wrong EVERY TIME. So I guess whoever loses a trial should go to jail for “lying.”
    Stop, just please stick to tearing tickets at the Movies.

43. Meat Tuperello says: Jun 30, 2010 12:17 PM

Nomination to refer to Jon Evans as Matlock from here on out. :)

44. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 12:21 PM

I’m retarded? Biopsychology and Behavioral neuroscience and crim justice out of rutgers uni…. so I think i’m the only one here legally able to determine if someone is indeed, mentally challenged.
    anyway
    =================
    remember that in the court of law nothing was proven and linked to Al Capone either .. but i really think he was guilty now you can go back in your basment and wait on moms special Kool-Aid===============
    Delusional? I’m delusional because I live of SOLID FACTUAL EVIDENCE while you determine everything off of speculation and connecting dots but ZERO evidence. You do understand that the definition of “delusion” points directly at your postings? dictionary.com if you don’t get the hint. Come back to reality.. and moms basement? I’ve had my own home since I was 20. Please, come back to the real world and get off the internet.

45. realitypolice says: Jun 30, 2010 12:23 PM

Jon Evans- why the hell don’t you shut up already. Everyone knows that you are a total Vick Head and are going to defend him no matter what.
    Besides, every time you write something that concerns the “law system” as you call it, it makes it unlikely that you any less of a liar than Vick is- since you told us all the other day that you majored in it in college.
    For example, you say Vick’s lawyer could: “Sue for false aligations…. eh plenty of things. Vicks lawyer could have a fieldday making him money going after the thousands of people trying to go on a witch hunt.”
    If you really are a “law system” scholar, you would know that libel is extremely difficult to prove in the case of public figures, which Vick is, and there is virtually no way he would win in court.
    And I think it’s hilarious that you tell the rest of us to “leave our basements”, when the only one who has had enough time on their hands the to post FIVE COMMENTS IN THE LAST HOUR on this article alone is YOU.

46. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 12:24 PM

oh and Al Capone? I’m not going to even for a second compare a court proceeding from 70 years ago to a shooting outside a club Vick was in. /boggle

47. realitypolice says: Jun 30, 2010 12:24 PM

BlondBlueDevils says:
    June 30, 2010 12:15 PM
    Didn’t you “BlueEyeDevils” learn from the O.J. murder trial?
    “If it don’t fit, must acquit”
    HA HA HA
    =======================
    Yeah- we learned that psychopathic thugs with good lawyers get away with murder.

48. The Hogster says: Jun 30, 2010 12:26 PM

You people are hilarious. How many times have you ran into someone you know somewhere and they ask “Hey, how long have you been here?”
    Just about everyone replies in round numbers…”5-10-20-30 minutes.”
    Who the hell says “Oh, about 3 minutes.”
    Gone is gone. Period.

49. Ufanforreal says: Jun 30, 2010 12:26 PM

Jon Evans says: June 30, 2010 11:24 AM
    (and since 07) Mt. Rushmore
    ——————————————————
    Whats with Mt. Rushmore, now that’s news never heard anything on that.

50. The Hogster says: Jun 30, 2010 12:29 PM

Gotta go. Be back in 3 minutes.

51. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 12:30 PM

Whats with Mt. Rushmore, now that’s news never heard anything on that.=========================
    Go watch National Treasure. It was a pun on people living in the movies and lacking reality. The blackhills and Mt. Rushmore are a coverup to hide the Lost city of Gold. :p

52. Enrgy2Burn says: Jun 30, 2010 12:36 PM

JonEvans – I could care less what degree(s) you may have. Judging by your grammar, spelling, and thoughts in general, Rutgers will apparently give a degree to anyone. You are a dope!
    Vick was to live within certain guidelines. Those guidelines are not necessarily governed by law but rather the discretion of the commissioner based solely on his understanding of what occurred. No court of law and no police investigation, just an NFL investigation and the penalties handed down by the commish which, hopefully, will be to end Mr. Vick’s tenure in the NFL.

53. Dapollock says: Jun 30, 2010 12:42 PM

The video tape clearly shows that Vick drove off.. back and to the left.

54. NationalFelonLeague.com © says: Jun 30, 2010 12:43 PM

I can’t wait to hear what else was recorded, hard to imagine they only videotape the parking lot.

55. EverybodyGotAIDS says: Jun 30, 2010 12:47 PM

The Hogster says:
    June 30, 2010 12:26 PM
    Just about everyone replies in round numbers…”5-10-20-3 0 minutes.”
    Who the hell says “Oh, about 3 minutes.”
    Gone is gone. Period.
    ___________________
    Well no…not exactly…..
    If this was just some random person, completely unrelated to the situation, who hadn’t seen or spoken to Vick or, hell, hadn’t even made it in the front door and had an altercation with someone in the parking lot, sure. Gone is gone.
    When you take everything into account….come on now. Don’t be dumb.

56. Drat says: Jun 30, 2010 12:54 PM

I don’t think people here understand. The shooting was not in the club. Not In Club. The shots were fired down the street from the club in the direction Vick’s car went. Get it?
    I think it’s hilarious that Ron Mexico held his party at the Guadalajara club.

57. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 12:55 PM

haha… Typically when people are beaten on the internet they fall back to attacking typos/grammar in an attempt to change the subject. It’s a common defense mechanism on the internet. I’m pumping out paragraphs with no intention to proof read or even do anything other than get information down. if you really believe that I have to write as if I would in school/work then again, get a grasp on reality.
    Ok so now you are admitting that the law shows he has nothing to do with it. So you are going to try and “hopefully” have the commis go against the law and common sense and do what YOU want which is get him out of the NFL because of a major jealousy issue regarding… a “thug” perhaps? making more money than you? etc spare me. Vick did nothing and thats how it will be. The End.

58. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 12:57 PM

This guy turned on Vick, had a fight with Vick AT THE PARTY (according to reports) and was shot RIGHT AFTER Vick left the building (3 minutes, 5 minutes, whatever. Within a short period of time). That’s why it’s different. If you just look at the one fact that he was no longer in the building (where the shooting didn’t happen, by the way) then you can make a case for it. =-===================
    Everything you said is speculation, it is NOT different. As I stated above, I can make a case based on the same speculation that you or any poster here was at the same amount of fault as Vick and more.
    Vick is of no interest to the investigation.. and they HAVE the facts/evidence. The End.

59. Sigildark says: Jun 30, 2010 12:57 PM

10 minutes or 3 minutes, what’s the difference?
    He didn’t pull the trigger.
    Now, the fact that he didn’t pull the trigger doesn’t mean he wasn’t involved.
    The question here in relation to Vick is did he have cause and then instruct someone to shoot that individual on his behalf.
    Cause that’s what hitmen are for.
    The fact he left shortly before this event occured is suspicious (from a timing perspective) IF Vick had a conflict with the individual.

60. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 12:59 PM

and again.. funny how this “dope” has from the beginning been 100% right about everything and in the end will still be at that percentage.

61. geo1113 says: Jun 30, 2010 1:02 PM

The Hogster says:
    June 30, 2010 12:29 PM
    Gotta go. Be back in 3 minutes.
    ++++++++
    BANG!!!

62. Enrgy2Burn says: Jun 30, 2010 1:09 PM

Riiiiiggghhhhht! I am so jealous of Vick that I might just run home after work today and hook up a car battery to my dogs balls and juice him up til he dies… Would that solve me jealousy issues Mr. Psych Guru?
    btw – ‘the law’, or police as i like to call them, has not said ‘he has nothing to do with it’, they have simply said that he is not a person of interest in the shooting or, in other words, they are satisfied that he didn’t pull the trigger. Having something to do with it is different. I would think that you, and all of your college degrees compared to my zero college degress, would have figured that out.

63. face od reason says: Jun 30, 2010 1:09 PM

evans,,,,
    someone with a law degree you sure do spend a lot of time talking bs on a blog, and sorry about the moms basement crack, guess she’s living in yours
    you sir don’t have a clue beaten on the internet, by a bloggin liar
    facts are facts and he more then likely didn’t shoot anyone or have anyone shot, however he certainly could have broken parole, and that’s not for the PFT lawyer evens to decide is it, of course you have proven that you are right 99.9% of the tome … right right right ???

64. EverybodyGotAIDS says: Jun 30, 2010 1:13 PM

Jon Evans says:
    June 30, 2010 12:57 PM
    ______________
    Actually, nothing I said is speculation. I said Vick was there. I said the guy flipped on him in the past. I said there are reports of an altercation between the two, and I said that Vick left a very short time (3 minutes, 5 minutes, whatever, a short time) before the incident. That’s not speculation. Now I took those facts and I formed an opinion based on them. That’s what people do.
    If you look outside and you see water falling, do you assume that there’s someone on the roof peeing in front of your window or that it’s raining? You take the information you have, you take the past information you have, and you make an opinion.

65. AJD says: Jun 30, 2010 1:19 PM

The eye in the sky don’t lie? Nah, nobody has ever edited video tape. Is that even possible? But really, why is this even a story? If Vick didn’t pull the trigger he didn’t commit a crime.

66. The Hogster says: Jun 30, 2010 1:23 PM

@EVERYBODYGOTAIDS – Yes. You are making the case that Vick conspired to have Phillips shot. THAT is the problem. We don’t have enough information about what happened to say that.
    There are two plausible scenarios whereby Vick isn’t at fault here (i) someone else got into it with Phillips and shot him or (ii) some loser who wants to be down with the entourage or “represent” shot him.
    The bottom line is, we need to know who the SHOOTER is before we can know what happened. If it turns out that person says Vick ordered him to do it, or he had a great deal of contact with Vick before or after the shooting, then you can make that kind of conclusion.
    But, right now, people are so hell-bent on nailing Vick, they are ignoring the source of the truth – the shooter.

67. It puts the lotion on the skin says: Jun 30, 2010 1:24 PM

I am not sure what is funnier in this thread, the comments, or Jon Evans posting over an over and over and over…more posts means you are more right??? Is that how it works? Regardless, all of you are mixing apples and oranges here.
    Did Vick shoot anyone? Highly doubtful
    Could Vick have had nothing to do with it? Of course
    Could Vick have been behind it? Absolutely
    With that being said, yes Jon Evans, Vick is not going down for this shooting, as you said 47 times, Vick isnt a suspect. It doesnt mean he wasnt involved. It doesnt mean that he was either. You have mentioned many times, none of us were there, so we dont know the facts. Very true, but, you werent there either, so you also dont know the facts. Nobody in this thread knows if Vick told his cohorts to shoot him. But, nobody knows that he didnt either. And nobody will ever know, except Vick himself, and his closest circle of friends, and that means that you Jon Evans, wont know the truth either.
    There really isnt enough information to proclaim that he had zero involvement, just like there isnt enough to proclaim he was the mastermind, or the trigger man.
    The only thing that matters, is what the Commish thinks of this whole ordeal……..

68. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 1:29 PM

That is speculation… You are connecting dots with no solid facts.
    Fact would be – he knew the others involved and had one shot because of an altercation. They found messages of this being said on his phone.
    Spec would be – Well he knew these guys in the past and the guy probably pissed him off… and since he was a felon he prob had him shot!
    I am 100% right about everything I have done in the past. Examples which you could see are even far fetched conclusions I made on sporting events… (Red Sox coming back to win the series, Giants owning the Pats (I said a 17-13 victory, was off by 1) anyway doesnt matter. I said 99.9% chance I will be right about all of this because everything I’m going by is what little FACT the police have reported and majority off media reports.
    Anyway, if you can find near centainty that he has commited no crime through the information given by a baisd media outlet that wants to incriminate him (for whatever reason) then he will be found completely innocent by the actual facts.
    Vick did aboslutely nothing wrong by PAROLE and LAW and will be found CLEAR by the NFL. sorry folks, get your sherbert and x-files tapes ready. It’s going to be a long night crying on the couch.

69. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 1:33 PM

I’m defending truth and laws… you can insert anyones name in with Vick and I will have the same stance.
    (yes i post a few times to respond to several people.. and it doesnt get put up. No, it has nothing to do with post numbers and being right. it’s simply called, responding.)
    Fact is, i will be 100% right about this. You will see. Will you come back snd say damn, you were right.. no you won’t. So I mine as well get my enjoyment now of telling you how it will be and is.. and watching people make fools of themselves by making imaginary connections to some how make Vick have any legal connection with this shooting.

70. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 1:36 PM

BTW what happens if Phillips pulled a Burress and shot him self while trying to chase Vicks car? Thats why everyone isnt cooperating because of the laughter which would follow. Then because he was infact holding a weapon he goes back to jail! more reason to say he wouldn’t speak.
    I can play connect the dots too and come up with a bunch of scenarios.

71. EverybodyGotAIDS says: Jun 30, 2010 1:43 PM

Wait, so you’re saying you can predict the future? If so, and if you’re always right (especially about sporting events) why are you on this website typing instead of off living on your private island that you bought with your gambling winnings? You’d be the richest man in the world right now…or is it really that you just throw crap against a wall and hope it sticks? Hmm….I wonder……

72. SamHam says: Jun 30, 2010 1:49 PM

Is it that same lawyer that Plaxico had that said he’d be ready for Spring Training??–Gosh i hope so..—–All Lawyers Suck Ass..

73. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 1:53 PM

Well for one, Gambeling is illegal. However, I have made quite a profit in the past in legal venues which is pretty much non-related to whats going on here. Nor will I get into such conversation. Cheers.

74. Meat Tuperello says: Jun 30, 2010 2:03 PM

Matlock is 100% right….
    At least in his own mind. The worst kind of mastermind….

75. EverybodyGotAIDS says: Jun 30, 2010 2:06 PM

Jon Evans says:
    June 30, 2010 1:53 PM
    ____________________
    You can predict the future. You must be a billionaire. As you said, you’re right 100% of the time. Why haven’t I read articles about you and your prediction prowess? Oh, because you’re making it all up? Ok then. Never mind.
    I think you’re super great and I really think you put me and everyone else who disagreed with you in their (our) place(s). The ol’ “I’m right because I say so” argument. Classic.

76. cbrianwatkins says: Jun 30, 2010 2:27 PM

Jon Evans says:
    June 30, 2010 1:29 PM
    ————————————————–
    you are correct in stating that Vick did nothing wrong by PAROLE and LAW standards
    HOWEVER, you are surely going to be wrong by NFL standards
    FACTS = Vick was at his birthday party
    Phillips was at his birthday party
    Goodell told Vick to not associate w/Phillips
    btw, you went to Rutgers eh? I wonder if you are the Jon Evans i know, i used to live by Scarlet Pub, and frequent Abduls place all the time (R U Hungry)

77. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 2:43 PM

I’m pretty well known… I’m from Carteret.. (went to hs in Metuchen) but I didn’t really go to those places often. I was found at the trucks here and there but I didn’t live on campus and worked alot so I didn’t really stick around too much. Always on the go.

78. EverybodyGotAIDS says: Jun 30, 2010 3:04 PM

Jon Evans says:
    June 30, 2010 2:43 PM
    ___________________

79. cbrianwatkins says: Jun 30, 2010 3:14 PM

pretty well known? well i’ve never heard of you, so i dont know how well known you actually are hoss
    i hate carteret, place is a dump, so are its inhabitants
    this jon evans guy is nothing but a loser, picked on his whole life, looking for acceptance via the good ol WWW (world wide web for you brainchildren out there)

80. TheDPR says: Jun 30, 2010 3:36 PM

I wonder what else the cameras show about the Vick/Phillips encounter at the party. . .
    And just because Vick was gone before the shots were fired doesn’t mean he wasn’t behind the shooting. Heck, the lack of accuracy alone has Vick’s fingerprints all over it!

81. Chapnasty2 says: Jun 30, 2010 3:45 PM

Jon Evans is an idiot but his brother Bob makes one hell of a biscuit

82. TNCM333 says: Jun 30, 2010 3:50 PM

I’ve come to think of Vick apologists pretty much on par with Vick himself.
    What could one possible get out of defending him?
    Were you won over by his awesome QB play -HA HA
    Did his herpes spreading work for you?
    Was it the lying? Flipping fans the bird? Doing drugs and hanging with thugs?
    Oh, he was CAUGHT doing some really nasty things to dogs and went to jail for gambling – probably deserves a courage award or something for that – oh wait…
    And people wonder why some were so offended by Vick’s actions – “they were just dogs”… gotta tell ya most dogs I know are better than Vick apologists.

83. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 3:52 PM

I’m a loser? ok.. I’m glad you know so much about my life and what happened all 26 years of it. /boggle
    ====What does “pretty well known” in New Jersey mean? Hold the record for highest concentration of axe body spray? Most horrible spray-on tan? Highest mass of gold chains on a neck at a given time?=========
    I’m assuming you are comparing to me to the cast of Jersey Shore. Well, ::SPOILER ALERT:: those idiotic shore inhabitants you see each summer are from Staten Island, not NJ.

84. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 3:57 PM

Funny how this idiot is 100% right and you all will be wrong. /boggle I guess we should just petition the dictionary people to change the definition of the word.

85. Calir says: Jun 30, 2010 4:09 PM

Vick lied to the cops. 3 minutes is much different than 30. Of course unless he was wasted and couldn’t get his own facts straight, which probably won’t be good for his parole or for his next Goodell talk.

86. face od reason says: Jun 30, 2010 4:15 PM

Mr Evans……
    as most say about Vick watch what you say it could come back and haunt you …
    26 years of being not being a loser, you say
    yet you told me you have owned your own home for 20 years… bought it when you were 6 huh,
    guess you were arleady graduated from Rutgers too,
    100% of the time …… you lie
    stay thirsty my friend

87. Jon Evans says: Jun 30, 2010 4:25 PM

I’ve had a home since I was 20 you twit.
    Do you people have anything to do other than sit around playing with words?

88. EverybodyGotAIDS says: Jun 30, 2010 4:26 PM

Jon Evans says:
    June 30, 2010 3:52 PM
    ___________
    Sorry, I’ve never seen the show. I find reality shows to be a little low brow for me. I was basing it on the people I’ve known from New Jersey. If it isn’t a spray tan it’s a mullet. The gold chains are mandatory.

89. stnmmc says: Jun 30, 2010 10:25 PM

# Jon Evans says: June 30, 2010 11:20 AM
    - Or what? Vick will have him shot?
    ==================== ========
    =============================
    in your situation Vick is still associating with a former friend who qualifies as a felon, and thus Vick is still violating terms of reinstatement.

90. Mrsteve says: Jul 1, 2010 10:57 PM

Hasn’t the Vick family learned yet that the Virginia police are not stupid & they will bust his ass. Allen Iverson knows it well too.
    Don’t lie to the police, that will just create a bigger problem. Sad stupid Vick.